Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gold Lock & Other Suggestions to Prevent Accidental Gold Spending ☯️

Comments

• MinioreoMinioreo Posts: 22
    edited 27.06.2013
    Aye, I understand. And I thank you for your timely response. I'll probably just take a break for a while; playing daily for this long may have made me more attached to the game than I should be.
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 27.06.2013
    Yes, I have done this also. I use a mouse for my laptop though. My problem was having all my stuff bunched together so I have kind of tried to separate everything. That way less chance of hitting skip.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 28.06.2013
    Malreyn
    what about a confirmation button for spending gold ?
  • elaine 345elaine 345 Posts: 4
    edited 29.06.2013
    I agree with you and my this happened to me like 5 times, and my little cousin skipped somethingwithout me knowing pleasse make a confirmation thing so at least it wont be so easy to skip something
  • Milco7Milco7 Posts: 3
    edited 29.06.2013
    Remove the option to "speed up" construction from the Circlemenu. Only way to speed up should be from the "TV" looking screen down at the bottom where it shows what you are building. Theres a small blue speed up button there already.

This would prevent truckload of misstakes.

Im from sweden, sorry if my english hurts your eyes :)
  • Emm62Emm62 Posts: 101
    edited 29.06.2013
    I have accidentally used gold twice. Both while in the throws of re-organising my farm and storing decorations. I went to store blue things, namely water tower and workshop only to discover they wont go into storage and the where the storage button is on other decorations on these items it is the upgrade button. Arrrgggh all that gold on things i didn't want upgraded.
  • itacla (US1)itacla (US1) Posts: 40
    edited 08.08.2013
    AH! Just happened to me, and there it goes my gold for something there was no need to spend it :( I really want the confirmation button so badly...mistakes happen not only in the early morning but also when is late at night in any case I feel like I've been robbed !!Grrrr
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 08.08.2013
    Actually I noticed a bug where it DOES take the gold without my specific say so.

There is a certain circumstance when you click on something, normally the ring image on a button, and it comes up with something like "There is already a building being constructed/harvest in progess, do you want to use such and such amount of gold to complete this?" with a yes and a no button, the default sitting on yes. If you click on the "x" in the top right corner to close the screen, it uses the YES default!

That's the one which has caught me out two or three times. As far as I am concerned, that is a bug and should be fixed. If you click on an "x" to close a screen, that means you are cancelling surely and so it should mean NO!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 08.08.2013
    Actually I noticed a bug where it DOES take the gold without my specific say so.

There is a certain circumstance when you click on something, normally the ring image on a button, and it comes up with something like "There is already a building being constructed/harvest in progess, do you want to use such and such amount of gold to complete this?" with a yes and a no button, the default sitting on yes. If you click on the "x" in the top right corner to close the screen, it uses the YES default!

That's the one which has caught me out two or three times. As far as I am concerned, that is a bug and should be fixed. If you click on an "x" to close a screen, that means you are cancelling surely and so it should mean NO!

Hi Rusty Farmer,

I've actually just tested this on 2 different accounts and can't find anything like that happening. Do you have any more details?

Regards,
    Ethan
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 09.08.2013
    Maybe it's been fixed. But it happened to me at least twice. I thnk it was when I clicked on the ring in a quest or an event. In my cases, it wasn't when constructing a building, but it pointed to a field and suggested I use gold to harvest the field so I could plant what was necessary for that quest/event. I think specifically it was an event, something like looking for map parts, that kind of thing. It happened when asking if I wanted to complete a field with gold.
  • China532China532 Posts: 13
    edited 18.08.2013
    Would like to make a suggestion that a lock be put on the gold so there are no accidental clicking errors made with skip gold. Please can we then be able to unlock the gold when we want to spend.
    Cheers
  • !!!_396723 (GB1)!!!_396723 (GB1) Posts: 253
    edited 18.08.2013
    They make their money from people buying gold, so I can't see them putting any preventative measures to stop you spending it, even if it is accidentally.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 19.08.2013
    Happened to me again today. Tried to move the screen and did some blonde clicking I guess. And then suddenly the olives were ready :P
  • ss02092ss02092 Posts: 772
    edited 19.08.2013
    lucky for you its only on produce not on construction or the event donate.

I got them spent for donate corn. too waste.
  • shreedula2shreedula2 Posts: 2
    edited 19.08.2013
    I too did the same mistake . I spent 690 gold on speeding up the upgrade orchard and now I am only having 4 gold .
  • V Sena (US1)V Sena (US1) Posts: 10
    edited 19.08.2013
    Yes, a real problem. When you are asked over and over if you want to finish the task for gold, errors are bound to arise. Maybe they could put a 'Don't ask me again" button for the length of a particular task or group.
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 19.08.2013
    V Sena wrote: »
    Yes, a real problem. When you are asked over and over if you want to finish the task for gold, errors are bound to arise. Maybe they could put a 'Don't ask me again" button for the length of a particular task or group.

Love this idea. Maybe even an option to lock spending gold for the entire farm that a person can turn on and off as they wish. 8)
  • SirGeorge (US1)SirGeorge (US1) Posts: 354
    edited 21.08.2013
    Oh look, this thread again.
  • mr.malone3mr.malone3 Posts: 5
    edited 21.08.2013
    Please be careful everyone...

During the "Fairy Tale Time" event, I spent 100 gold several times buying the magic beans from the event, thinking that I was using the beans that I had won during the "Wheel of Fortune" event. However, I must have used all of them up and then started "unknowingly" purchasing additional beans at 100 gold a pop.

I was using the beans because they can produce 20 bread crumbs for the "Fairy Tale Time" event.

I must admit that it does clearly state that they cost 100 gold a pop, just make sure that you do not get into auto-mode like I did and spend up all of your gold.

A simple fix would be Goodgame asking "Do you really wish to spend "X" amount of gold on this?"

I realize that Goodgame makes their money by us buying gold, and I have willingly done so in the past, however if they do not wish to have their "GoodName" tarnished by questionable practices and desire to remain above board, perhaps they might want to review and possibly implement some very basic fixes.

I cannot and will not insinuate that I speak for anyone but myself on this matter, but I can say that I personally will stand strong and will not ever use my personal "real" money to purchase gold from any Goodgame products, to include this one, until some very simple fixes are applied to their games.

As far as I am concerned, simple "Goodwill" demands that these fixes be made.

Thank you for your time.
  • itacla (US1)itacla (US1) Posts: 40
    edited 21.08.2013
    I agree....I am one of the "victims" here....
  • ValliaVallia Posts: 1
    edited 22.08.2013
    I adore the interface as it is, and I find the circle menus to be so elegant. However, I've also skipped construction a few times on accident! I do understand that having to confirm that you want to spend a little gold would be very annoying, especially when working under a time constraint.

The idea of having an option to toggle on an extra failsafe is so wonderful, and I've been wishing for one for some time. Or perhaps it could pop up only when spending a good amount of gold, such as during building upgrades. The extra second it takes to confirm speeding up construction would in no way impair gold users during missions, and surely would not be unwelcome.

Edit: I just did it again today! This time I was clicking off of the item after checking the info, and I swear I wasn't even on the blue button, yet it accepted it anyway. Oh well, after a few more goes, I won't have any gold to accidentally spend. Haha.
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 30.09.2013
    I accidently hit the upgrade MINE button because my screen had froze while loading up the game. I clicked on the screen to try and move things around and suddenly it moved. Then I saw that I had lost 19,500 in gold on this mine that I barely use. I sent a request to help me out and I really hope that it can be reversed. I'm devastated at losing that much gold, especially when it was because the game was having a tough time loading up. Has anyone been able to recover gold from a very expensive upgrade before?
    edited 30.09.2013
    Love the idea, would work so much better than just a verification button.
  • Asid (GB1)Asid (GB1) Posts: 31
    edited 30.09.2013
    it is really annoying, the building structures are such that accidentally it does happen to many people.
    I in fact made a post about it months ago. I have lost so much gold because of this
    Did it again today, though i was avoiding it during a decorations was building and it skipped for gold while i was trying to move something near it. This is one of those annoying problems of this game which puts me off badly.
  • KittenluvKittenluv Posts: 29
    edited 30.09.2013
    I suggested this also a while back and completely agree with everything. I have lost so much gold and it really is annoying. I wish they would hurry up and do something about this because i keep having mini panic attacks when i almost skip things. PLEASE GG STUDIOS FIX THIS!!!!!
  • Myriad3Myriad3 Posts: 77
    edited 30.09.2013
    It's very simple. I definitely won't be buying gold until they've fixed this. It's a security leak, and I don't want my money stolen. The only way I can prevent accidentally losing money right now is by not buying it. Just as I'm not leaving my wallet somewhere it might get stolen.
    When I do accidentally skip something (which luckily never happened, I only accidentally started an upgrade with dollars once), at least I know it's not actual real money lost. Doesn't make it any less frustrating though. I'm carefully saving up that gold for important upgrades, and I would get pretty mad losing it on optional and unwanted things. I might even ragequit the game.
  • Daytona (INT1)Daytona (INT1) Posts: 425
    edited 30.09.2013
    I've twice accidently skipped and would love this feature too ! :)
    edited 30.09.2013
    If GGS doesn't implement something like this they should be more willing to give the gold back. I know on another site which will remain nameless, they are very good about giving back "gold" if there are problems like this.
  • matalamatala Posts: 2
    edited 30.09.2013
    good idea :)
  • edited 01.10.2013
    happened to me as well. give us the option to turn it off in the small list of options on the top right. where sound on off etc. is.
This discussion has been closed.