Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Very Important Olive Garden Info.

darconio2darconio2 Posts: 151
edited 10.05.2015 in Tutorials and FAQs
Olive Gardens are buildable well before a recipe called box of soaps.

level 1 Olive Grove gives off 1 honeydew per harvest.

HOWEVER.........

level 2 Olive Grove gives 13 Honeydew per harvest. level 3 gives 17, lvl 4 - 19, etc....

So it is a fairly obvious harvesting jump from 1-13 simply by going Up a level as fast as possible when you build these.

You will be happy you started this honeydew stockpile when you start doing "Box of Soaps".

Moral of story.

This is one crop worth taking to level 2 as SOON AS POSSIBLE.

If you think this is good advice please make tiny comment below to bump this thread for visibility and to aid others. Every comment takes this information to top of Thread list, and this advice is simple and can save a lot of wasted time and earn you big bucks on a recipe that has seemingly endless supply of ingredients.

THIS RECIPE "BOX OF SOAPS" IS WORTH $50 000 FOR 30 MINUTES. YOU COULD MAKE CLOSE TO $2.4 MILLION A DAY FROM THIS RECIPE ALONE, IT IS NICE TO HAVE A STOCKPILE OF HONEYDEW FOR IT.

I AM LEVEL 76 AND THIS IS ADVICE I WISH I HAD AND SHARE WITH MY CO-OP

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT. BUMP THIS INFO UP IN THREAD LISTINGS.
Post edited by darconio2 on

Comments

• edited 10.12.2013
    Yes, this is a valid comment and if you are online all day, you will make more in sales on Soap than you will on Honey Cream... I haven't however taken the time to compare the profit on the two. I hammered Soap for a while there and in support of your "seemingly endless supply" comment, I NEVER ran out of ingredients.
  • Ging (AU1)Ging (AU1) Posts: 53
    edited 10.12.2013
    I did the same too, i upgraded olive grove to level 2, but i'm using honeydew to make honey coz i don't have level 6 Shop yet :)
  • edited 10.12.2013
    Yes, that fits too... It's certainly not "one size fits all" in this game, which is good, otherwise it'd be boring then.

People who use their thinking caps will outperform those who blindly plough along without a plan.
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 10.12.2013
    Yep, I though the 1 honeydew from olives was a mistake at first LOL. Adding a citrus orchard was not much help either. I decided I was not going to get anywhere with having both of the orchards and wasn't really ready for them anyway since did not have the shop upgraded yet, so i demolished the citrus and built other things and upgraded what i have already to almost max levels. The flower shop is a balancing act of workers vs happiness.
  • Astromegz2Astromegz2 Posts: 18
    edited 10.12.2013
    darconio2 wrote: »

level 1 Olive Grove gives off 1 honeydew per harvest. ]

HOWEVER.........

level 2 Olive Grove gives 13 Honeydew per harvest. level 3 gives 17, lvl 4 - 19, etc....

So it is a fairly obvious harvesting jump from 1-13 simply by going Up a level as fast as possible when you build these.

You will be happy you started this honeydew stockpile when you start doing "Box of Soaps".

Moral of story.

If you think this is good advice please make tiny comment below to bump this thread for visibility and to aid others. Every comment takes this information to top of Thread list, and this advice is simple and can save a lot of wasted time and earn you big bucks on a recipe that has seemingly endless supply of ingredients.

THIS RECIPE "BOX OF SOAPS" IS WORTH $50 000 FOR 30 MINUTES. YOU COULD MAKE CLOSE TO $2.4 MILLION A DAY FROM THIS RECIPE ALONE, IT IS NICE TO HAVE A STOCKPILE OF HONEYDEW FOR IT.

Thank you soo much for such detailed info; I will try olive upgrade as soon as I can;
  • Farmer DJ1Farmer DJ1 Posts: 138
    edited 10.12.2013
    Good Thread,
    I make 520k from my honey cream in the shop,But im always 100-120 short of honey,But buying that amount only costs just over 100k,So you can still make 380k every 7 hours,and i try to run honey cream twice a day giving me 750k profit.
  • darconio2darconio2 Posts: 151
    edited 10.12.2013
    @ Farmer DJ1,

Buying honey is not something I had considered, but I find if i run box of soaps when I am online and then honey cream while offline I never run out of supply. That is a great idea though. Thanks for sharing. I will certainly look to buy honey next time i am short.

NOTE - I must be one level above your flower shop as my profit for HC is 620k each. It is almost as lucrative as the soaps especially if you consider down time between harvests - if any.
  • nonon82nonon82 Posts: 22
    edited 11.12.2013
    Excellent advice, Darconio. I wish I'd known this earlier! Your general tips for the Flower Farm were right on too. Thanks!
  • gryphonix (US1)gryphonix (US1) Posts: 12
    edited 18.04.2014
    So that's the problem. I was wondering how anyone managed to ever get enough honeydew. Thanks!
  • PootsyPootsy Posts: 24
    edited 22.10.2014
    darconio2 wrote: »

level 1 Olive Grove gives off 1 honeydew per harvest.

HOWEVER.........

Moral of story.

this is one of the best 'hidden' bits of advice I've found, had my olive grove for ages b4 I saw this but what a difference it's made
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 22.10.2014
    I found it out on my own about 3 months ago, definitely worth it
  • Raggadyandi (US1)Raggadyandi (US1) US1 Posts: 99
    edited 05.11.2014
    Hiya,
    Are these the same honey dews that you grow with the exotic seeds?
    I've upgraded my olive grove and went to see how many"honey dews"I had, and realized I already had some b/c of the ones I grew in nursery. Are these the same ones?
    Thanks
    Raggs
  • nooca (INT1)nooca (INT1) Posts: 170
    edited 05.11.2014
    There's honeydew melons which you grow in the green house and which can be found under "produce" in farm management.
    And there's honeydew which comes out of olive grooves and which can be found under "farm supplies" in farm management.
    Two different things.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 05.11.2014
    Hiya,
    I've upgraded my olive grove and went to see how many"honey dews"I had, and realized I already had some b/c of the ones I grew in nursery. Are these the same ones?
    Thanks
    Raggs

No, they are not the same as the honeydew melons you grow in the greenhouse. It is honeydew, the substance which you need to feed your bees and make honey for products in your flower shop.

Edit: nooca was quicker on the draw! lol
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 05.11.2014
    Hiya,
    Thanks
    Raggs

Hi Raggs,

Olive groves produce Honeydew as a bi-product, which is used to feed bees in the apiary. This is not the same as the Honeydew Melons which are grown in your greenhouse, from seeds bought from the shell trader.
  • KJeff2KJeff2 Posts: 7
    edited 06.11.2014
    Very good suggestion. I did it a long time ago so I know what you mean. KJeff
  • Astromegz3Astromegz3 Posts: 27
    edited 11.11.2014
    Pootsy wrote: »
    this is one of the best 'hidden' bits of advice I've found, had my olive grove for ages b4 I saw this but what a difference it's made

Thanks for sharing; much appreciated,very helpful :))
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 11.11.2014
    Totally my hunger talking but I read this thread title excitedly and was very disappointed when I opened the thread to realize what Olive Garden you are all talking about.
  • pathway3pathway3 Posts: 33
    edited 11.11.2014
    WAX
    another ingredient in the same recipe "box of soaps" is WAX which you get from Apiary. Level 1 apiary gives only 1 wax, level 2 apiary gives 15 wax (14 more than previous one) and level 3 apiary gives 40 wax (25 more than the previous one). The subsequent upgrades after level 3 give +5 wax each. So i'd say it is worth upgrading your apiaries to level 3 if you need more wax.
  • andy123321 (GB1)andy123321 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 28
    edited 23.12.2014
    I wish I read this when I was level 50/60. Space money workers is a big factor though at that level
  • Faranth2 (AU1)Faranth2 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 318
    edited 08.01.2015
    Thanks. :thumbsup:
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 01.03.2015
    You beat me to it pathway3. I just discovered the advantage of apiaries at level3 and sought out this post to add it to!!! ( I found this post b4 I built any olive groves. soooooo helpful )
  • Skipp77 (AU1)Skipp77 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 14
    edited 02.03.2015
    Thanks for sharing the tips , very helpful :)
  • CathyD (INT1)CathyD (INT1) INT1 Posts: 958
    edited 04.03.2015
    I have a few levels to go before I can open the flower farm. This is excellent information. I learn something on this forum every day! Thanks for sharing.
  • Kas Smyth (GB1)Kas Smyth (GB1) Posts: 3
    edited 04.03.2015
    I agree totally with your advice. Get the olive grove up graded asap.
  • edited 02.04.2015
    Great ideas here. Very helpful. Will be upgrading them all again and making more soaps and honey cream. Was wondering how some were making so much money.
  • matt2 (AU1)matt2 (AU1) Posts: 15
    edited 02.04.2015
    Thanks for the tip. Currently at lvl 54 and been wondering "what the hell is honeydew?"
  • Ozzie (AU1)Ozzie (AU1) AU1 Posts: 524
    edited 02.04.2015
    When I am able I will be doing just that. Once this co-op challenge is completed I, hopefully, will be able to buy the land so I can build the olive grove. Then upgrade it as soon as possible.

It's help like this from other players that help everyone else get on in the game.

Thank you.
  • Jacc (GB1)Jacc (GB1) GB1 Posts: 89
    edited 10.05.2015
    Now I have a plan. Thanks for the tips.
  • olive????????? xD mah nickname frm proya is olive oil xDD
Sign In to comment.