Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Random suggestions

BillycoBillyco Posts: 14
edited 25.11.2013 in Archive (Read only)
1. Each farm should be allowed to have one construction/demolition project going on at a time. One construction/demolition project on one farm at a time is slow. I should be able to be building or demolishing something on each farm simultaneously.

2. Decorations put into storage should be available to all three farms, not just the one they were on before they went into storage.
Post edited by Billyco on

Comments

• rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 22.11.2013
    Your first suggestion has been asked for several times but GGS have said it is not something currently under consideration

Your second suggestion would not work, though that also gets suggested regularly too. When you have played a while you would have several high value decs like the event ones. So, get everything going in your main farm at high happiness. Pick up the high value decs and put them into the Gourmet farm. Set everything off, pick up the decs and then on to the flower farm. And then pick up and back to the Main Farm. This takes away from the planning and strategising which is big part of Big Farm
  • BillycoBillyco Posts: 14
    edited 22.11.2013
    To your first point:
    Perhaps it's something that should be put under consideration then. I see no point in making a player wait 6 hours to build on the main farm because I'm demolishing undergrowth on another farm. To me, that's just silly and takes away from the overall enjoyment of the game.

To the second point:
    When the new farms are started, one of the first tasks is to have a certain number of decs on the new farm and they are necessary to offset the unhappiness of building houses which you need to increase the # of workers so that you can build/upgrade structures. Since by your logic, most of the higher value decs would be on the main farm (1st farm) with lower value decs in storage, the decs most likely to be put on the new farm would be lower value decs, not higher value decs. I have tons of lower value decs in storage on the main farm that I'll probably never use on the main farm again (because all my space is now occupied by higher value decs). The only option I have for them now is to delete them rather than put them to good use on a new farm (which could benefit from lower value decs when newly acquired). To me, the way things are now is a complete waste of funds as I'll never be able to recoup or reuse the $ I spent to buy the lower value decs in the first place. I really don't see how it has a negative effect upon overall game strategy other than to force players to spend more money on new decs when they have plenty of usable low value decs in storage.
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 23.11.2013
    If we could move our decos all over then people wouldn't buy them. Also people would move their decos around everytime they want to plant or produce something to lower their costs. I persoanlly think this would take away part of the strategy you need that makes this game challenging. Same thing with only being able to build one thing at a time.

We live in a instant gratification society now and eveyone wants what they want right now. This game has taught me to slow down and think about what I am doing before I do it. I don't have to rush if I don't want to.

You can rush things if you buy gold and use it. Keep in mind that we wouldn't have this game if people didn't buy gold and use it. There has to be some incentive to buy gold and this just happens to be one of them. If the game was too easy, well, there wouldn't be a game to play. The staff who keep this game going by fixing the bugs and upgrading things don't do it for free.
    edited 23.11.2013
    You've misunderstood my reply to your second point. You would have one set of high value decs which you then use on all farms. Place, pick up, move farm, place, pick up, move farm .....

Also you do have two choices for low value decs, delete from inventory as you said, or demolish while placed and get half the dollar value back (or a nominal dollar amount for gold bought decs)
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 23.11.2013
    I second Samty on his opinion......... It'll just get to easy :)
    edited 23.11.2013
    So the principle we're standing on here is that if we implement my suggestion re decos, the game will be "too easy" for everyone. However, all I have to do is pay actual money and buy my way ahead in the game and that's ok?

People PayPal'ing their way through levels is just as disingenuous toward the overall "strategy" of the game in my opinion. I still do not agree with the argument that allowing me to recycle previously purchased decos will make the game too easy.

And yes, I understand what's being said about moving high value decs around from farm to farm, but that makes the assumption that I'm only working on one farm at a time. I have stuff going on on all three of my farms simultaneously. I suppose if someone wanted to play the game one farm at a time they could and then your argument would have more validity, but playing only one farm at a time is shooting yourself in the foot.

Lastly, I want to say that I think this game is a lot of fun. I'm also happy that it's free. If the answer from the developers is that the game is what it is; stop complaining, it's free; then so be it.

However, they did create a suggestions thread in an online forum dedicated to this game. If they don't like my opinion, I'm sure they'll ignore me. It's a free game and they are apparently interested in feedback from players. If they get tired of writing free code, they can make it a free play up to level XX or make it pay for play only. The fact that this game is still free means that they are apparently happy building it for free.
    edited 23.11.2013
    No, I didn't say it would be too easy. I was explaining why I don't think it would happen. In fact using one set of decs across all farms would be a real PITA and not easy time wise only dollar (or Gold) wise. You can't have all three farms open at once on different tabs so I'm not sure what you mean by that. You have to be on one farm at a time

And yes do give your suggestions. But expect others to give their opinion in response too. GGS will all take all discussion into consideration
    edited 23.11.2013
    What I meant by the multiple farm comment is that I can have production going on all three farms at once. I see your point that I could start prod on farm A then pick up drop on B, start production, pick up drop on C and so on. I get it. But I don't see how that would make the game any less fun...at least not for me. In fact, I think it would add another level to the strategy of the game because players would have to think about what they want to move and where (if they decided to play that way). As I said, my suggestion stems from the inability to re-use the lower valued decorations on a newly acquired farm. They just sit there now. I can't re-place them on the main farm because all my space is occupied by higher value decorations (because I replaced the lower valued decorations with the higher valued decorations). Yes, I could place & destroy them & get some money back, but that takes up time, which is the most precious commodity of all in the game, with space being a close second. So for me, dropping & demolishing isn't really a wise use of time.

Anyway, those are my suggestions. Some agree, some don't...meh...it's a free game.
  • connerk2connerk2 Posts: 177
    edited 24.11.2013
    Hey Billy.
    Your suggestions have been brought up before.
    Don't try to reinvent the wheel here.
    Save your breath, it won't happen.
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 24.11.2013
    So what's the point in having a suggestions section when the same suggestions have been made over and over, and the answer is no?

I'd LOVE to move my decor around. Not so much as a stratagy thing, but more of a decor thing.
    I didn't know when I got my first event decor that later rounds would be a bigger better version. I'd like to place them all together. Put all the asian together, all the alien together.... But it's not possible.
    And why? Because someone might "cheat" somehow moving decor they already bought and/or won?
    What's the difference where it's used?

Again, why have a suggestions thread at all? It's should be called the post what you want so we can say neener neener, no.
    edited 24.11.2013
    "What's the difference where it's used?"

Exactly.

And if there are folks here who don't like the idea, then they don't have to make use of it. Just like everyone knows that the quickest way to get ahead is to buy gold and skip forward faster than competitors who choose not to buy gold. I could certainly buy gold if I wanted to. The opportunity is there, I simply choose not to do so. Same for moving decorations around.
  • gyodafgyodaf Posts: 55
    edited 24.11.2013
    connerk2 wrote: »
    Hey Billy.
    Don't try to reinvent the wheel here.
    Save your breath, it won't happen.

@connerk2: you dont have a right to forbid someone to post suggestion in suggestion forum, do you? Granted or not, it's on GGS.

For me, i'd LOVE to build my 3 farms simultaneously :)
  • connerk2connerk2 Posts: 177
    edited 24.11.2013
    lol
    Think you missed the point.
    This has been suggested continuously for months now (12 of them I believe).
    The answer is "no".
    I'm not forbidding anyone to make any suggestions.
    Just letting Billy know he's wasting his own time.
    Friendly advice not confrontational.
  • rishi4rishi4 Posts: 156
    edited 24.11.2013
    As said many times before, these suggestions have already been brought to the attention of the GCS team and they have replied. Although you may recieve negative comments for making a repeated suggestion, i commend you for being observant while playing the game and thinking of a possible improvement without reading said suggestions beforehand. Don't give up though, I believe you will come up with a suggestion that will be implemented and everyone will love you for it haha. :)
    edited 24.11.2013
    @connerk2: your friendly statement would be nice if

"Hey Billy.
    I'm sorry to tell you this, i think it won't happen
    "

"Don't try to reinvent the wheel here. Save your breath, it won't happen." = i read as "DON'T suggest thing like this anymore, it's completely useless"

Sure it's debatable, and i won't continue.
    edited 24.11.2013
    I appreciate the friendly advice, but I think the point is getting lost.

This is a free game on the Internet. I enjoy playing it and appreciate that the developers have put it out to the masses for free. Even better, they also have a forum soliciting suggestions from players to improve the game.

Now, I don't know about you all, but I have neither the time nor the inclination to spend hours searching through this forum to see if what I'm suggesting has appeared here before. Frankly, I don't care. What's important to me is not whether someone has had the same idea before, it's that the suggestion I'm about to post still isn't implemented in the game.

Until they implement the suggestion or until I get tired of posting it, expect to see it several times. If GGS don't like that, they can close the forum.
  • camii893camii893 Posts: 251
    edited 24.11.2013
    It's a great idea Billy, and please don't feel disillusioned by any comments from other members - the more friendly, on topic and meaningful discussion (both for and against an idea) an idea gets - the more it is then seen by the developers, and they will then have more information to go on.

You don't have to search through the forums to find out if your idea has been suggested before, but This IS something that has been suggested many times and GGS has said quite frankly that both are not something that they are looking into in the immediate future. (people who are on here lots will pick up if something's been suggested before and let you know)

I personally would love to be able to have building processes happening on each farm, or the option to purchase extra slots - like on GGS' empire game... (my fingers remain crossed that one day they may implement something similar)

As for the decorations, the only way I think they could make it a fair process is if they were to not allow the transfer of gold or special decorations between the farms AND that if you were transferring the standard decorations, that you would need to wait the build time again.

On a side note:
    Please, please, please don't start multiple threads about the same idea. All it's going to do is create more work for our lovely moderators and may even see you banned well before they ever close the forum.
  • Moonbeam11 (US1)Moonbeam11 (US1) Posts: 38
    edited 24.11.2013
    I, too, would like to see an additional Build Window ... 1 Main Farm Window and 1 Auxiliary Farms Window. One just for main farm (& the other to be shared by the other farms) could be a simple compromise to enhance Everyone's game play.

In fact, I believe it would probably Increase the Spending of Gold (for those who are so inclined) thereby generating additional profits for GGS to provide good programming for us (and to pay the bills with). Many players enjoy speeding up the process using gold.
    edited 24.11.2013
    I like the idea of one aux build window. One for the main farm and one for a single aux farm.

For the decorations, maybe have the ability to have only one item in your dropbox at at time. That wouldn't prevent people from moving all their decorations from one farm to another, but it would slow them down.

I'm still not convinced that moving decorations around would be a detriment to the game play, but perhaps the above would be a suitable compromise.

Lastly, I don't mean to sound unpleasant on the thread, but the more people that voice their approval of this idea, the more likely GGS is to actually do it. If everyone who agrees with the idea simply stays silent because it's been proposed and ignored before, GGS is much less likely to reconsider.
    edited 25.11.2013
    Billyco wrote: »
    If everyone who agrees with the idea simply stays silent because it's been proposed and ignored before, GGS is much less likely to reconsider.

I like this quote :)
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 25.11.2013
    Billyco wrote: »
    I'm still not convinced that moving decorations around would be a detriment to the game play, but perhaps the above would be a suitable compromise.
    Actually, the game is about strategy and by removing a lot of that strategy, it would be to the detriment of the game. A big part of the reason for the one build window is to make you consider your priorities when it comes to what to build next. It's a big chunk of what's kept me interested in playing now for over a year.
    Lastly, I don't mean to sound unpleasant on the thread, but the more people that voice their approval of this idea, the more likely GGS is to actually do it. If everyone who agrees with the idea simply stays silent because it's been proposed and ignored before, GGS is much less likely to reconsider.
    That might have some truth to it depending on the context, but when you're talking about removing a big chunk of the game set up like you've proposed, then it is just going to get rejected over and over. Besides, it's the CM's with the help of us Mods that pass the ideas on to the Dev's and when the Dev's have said no, it's not going to happen and we keep on seeing the same ideas over and over, then we tend to close the current threads and redirect to an old discussion to keep it all in one place. The Dev's don't want to be bashed over the head numerous times with an idea they won't consider either.

Who knows, maybe some time in the future they may consider this, but you can bet that if/when that time comes, they'll be able to remember that it's been suggested previously and implement it in a way that they consider works for the game.

It's at this point now that I'm going to close this thread. Feel free to continue this discussion here.

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
This discussion has been closed.