Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Comments

• HostileRickHostileRick Posts: 32
    edited 21.11.2013
    ok translations are needed huh lol i understand northerners talk weird right? lulz
    r= are u= you ull= you'll yunz= plural you like yall its pretty self explained
    now i get the fact we be flooded if every1 got there way . but rainbows and unicorns thous are not truly related to farming. insects are and the way its written we would not be flooded in them unless u consider us flooded in tickets and cash registers ok . again. non related farm stuff. meanwhile again insects are directly linked to farming .
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 21.11.2013
    wow I am just speechless--That is supposed to clear things up?

Nevermind. I am not the one you need to pitch your idea to. Yes, I support the pond/fish idea. But no bugs please.
  • HostileRickHostileRick Posts: 32
    edited 21.11.2013
    I get that you want bugs, the different life stages that they have. What I fail to see is how that connect to the pond for fishing? .

ok no i dont want the different life stages i see where you are confused now. i was saying the different life stages to explain they where not disgusting XD. now the link. well you will need a feed for your fish right? thats the use of the maggots ok? so ill post this let you comment then edit and answer the rest . i want to make sure you understand this much of me .
    then dragon flies in real life are found around ponds.dragonflies lay eggs in the water.thats the link for that.as far as the rest of the insects 3 purposes 1 replace the cash registers and tickets 2 use them on fields or orchids like you do humus.3 use them on co ops plus if they are also buyable with coins make them 1 gold coin and then ggs has a way for you to spend every coin. means they can collect money off your loose change
    then the earthworms u would find in the compost(just like IRL) use on your fishery like IRL to give an increased harvest.
    wow I am just speechless--That is supposed to clear things up?

Nevermind. I am not the one you need to pitch your idea to. Yes, I support the pond/fish idea. But no bugs please.
    that part was towards nafaru not u i was typing to him b4 i read yours

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
  • sparkle80502sparkle80502 Posts: 26
    edited 02.01.2014
    love the fish farm idea and think you could sell the fish at the restaurant and use the manure from the animals
  • seriscoolseriscool Posts: 2,026
    edited 03.01.2014
    PINJO1986 wrote: »
    This is a FARMING game so it is better to suggest some farming ideas that also can happen in real farming.
    Did you ever heard of a farm that has fish on it?

yup!!! fish farming is done along with cattle rearing or in rice fields in real life too!!! (as far as i know)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 03.01.2014
    The fish farming idea is very realistic! Many species of fish would be nearing extinction if it weren't for fish farms! As for this confusing concept of bugs its quite simple really.......bugs are a part of a fish's diet. Ricks ideas are a little vague but we already have bugs dropping from some production facilities and fields (the flies) so the idea of bugs are not all that far fetched. Personally i'd prefer a worm farm to sustain fish stocks if the 4th farm was indeed to be a "fish farm."
  • Potato92Potato92 Posts: 3
    edited 12.03.2014
    fish farms do exist but the bugs could be like a rare occurrence and it could be positive
  • moriatika (GB1)moriatika (GB1) Posts: 38
    edited 05.04.2014
    why cant we have a fish farm? fish make money form cod sardines salmon,pilchards tuna. maybe even a smoke house for smoking the fish. just an idea
  • wahaj23wahaj23 Posts: 592
    edited 06.04.2014
    Technically, fish aren't farm animals. However, maybe a special event in which you could fish by the shore should come every now and then. Just an idea.
  • moriatika (GB1)moriatika (GB1) Posts: 38
    edited 06.04.2014
    hi you are right fish are not farm animals but you do get fish farms,i just thought it would be a good way to make money.we have ponds and lakes on the farm. might be nice
  • Hungry KatnissHungry Katniss Posts: 61
    edited 06.04.2014
    Oh I really like the idea of fish farms! That would be fun. We could have fishing competitions....! You're right about all the lakes and ponds and just fishing off the docks. And when you're fishing, you never know what you might turn up. Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes all you get is seaweed or trash. They should create a new mission that involves fish (just like the seashells or Easter eggs that pop up with our crops during missions). With a mermaid lagoon as a winning decoration!!
  • Tonia2 (INT1)Tonia2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 45
    edited 06.04.2014
    Nice idea. And not likely to happen. Through this year they will put in use those new buildings around the farm.
    And next year they are planing to mess up the flower farm.
  • wahaj23wahaj23 Posts: 592
    edited 07.04.2014
    LOL, this forum continues to amaze me! This is an image of this thread from my subscription page:

Attachment not found.

How can people reply with there eyes closed?!
  • edited 04.06.2014
    Okay, my co-op members and I were discussing the boat and it got us thinking about a 4th farm being something like a fish hatchery/sea themed type farm...

Grow fish (to re-populate the lakes and oceans, not to cook) and clams to harvest the pearls. A shop to sell seashells (which the workers can harvest from the beach to be sold or used in the shop) and pearl jewelry type things like we do with the flower shop, only it can be more of a beach themed thing.

Of course we must have fields of some sort to grow the fish food, etc. We can grow seaweed too!

Get a couple beach themed decos to put out on the 4th farm too, like a beach chair with umbrella, and a sandcastle maybe.

The idea of a beachhouse/condo instead of a farmhouse is there too to be more fitting with the theme...

Salt water filtration plant to gain more water for the nursery maybe even? Grow another plant like wheat, or even still use wheat maybe to make straw hats/souvenirs for your beach shop? Create plants for dye to make bright colored shirts to sell? All sorts of things are coming up in our conversation!

Just throwing some stuff out there to see others might think!!

What are your thoughts everybody? Love to hear them!!! 8)
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 04.06.2014
    You have some great ideas! Hopefully GGS will decide to give us a 4th farm. Everyone was so excited about it for so long and then we're told it may not happen. :(
  • JojoBellJojoBell Posts: 44
    edited 04.06.2014
    Thanks!

It would be nice to see a 4th farm happen, maybe next year, maybe never. Who knows? I think the new update going on with the harbor, airport, stable, etc give some nice stuff to work with for now. But ideas do take a long time to construct and figure out, so might as well put it out there for people to see and develop!!
  • khoulker2khoulker2 Posts: 213
    edited 04.06.2014
    I absolutely LOVE this idea!! Your group has done a fabulous job in coming up with this theme!! LOVE IT!!!
  • edited 05.06.2014
    Like the idea. Maybe have water plots to grow seaweed, kelp, algae etc and a processing plant to turn them into food for the different types of fish that live in the ponds/ocean
  • ndf (US1)ndf (US1) Posts: 151
    edited 05.06.2014
    This idea is great
  • chicaachicaa Posts: 437
    edited 05.06.2014
    Wow what great ideas!! Thanks for sharing them!! :D
  • edited 05.06.2014
    Like the idea. Maybe have water plots to grow seaweed, kelp, algae etc and a processing plant to turn them into food for the different types of fish that live in the ponds/ocean

Yes! Water plots! Hadn't even thought about kelp and algae. Excellent ideas!!
  • pasohduah (INT1)pasohduah (INT1) Posts: 66
    edited 05.06.2014
    5th,6th,7th...and so on farms will be great . Lets go for fish farm,bird farm, insect farm, crocodile farm, and so on. We can quit our jobs and studies and fully focus on these farms for the ultimate benefit of mankind.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 05.06.2014
    You guys will never let the fish farm go, will you :)

Well, it's not planned for now, but you'll never know!
  • Ms. GreenjeansMs. Greenjeans Posts: 1
    edited 05.06.2014
    There could be a vegetarian restaurant where we could make seaweed salad and miso soup and even a green drink or such from grown seaweed. We could grow papayas or such for desserts too. Pelicans or seagulls could be raised and be fed beach grass that we grow. We could also feed fish the grass or grow algae for them to be fed in an aquarium too
  • SusanPlayer99SusanPlayer99 Posts: 7
    edited 06.06.2014
    I love the fishy/beachy theme - why not? Some farm-raised salmon? Aquatic plants. Hydroponic farming is very big right now. I love that idea - something totally different. And some exotic plants and fruits and flowers. And I love the rice fields when we have them...so pretty. Sushi anyone?

Let's have a smoothie bar. We could grow wheat grass and kelp and have coconut milk and almond milk and all that. So healthy.

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
  • edited 06.06.2014
    Could have seel and walrus pens or coconut orchards
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 06.06.2014
    Real nice ideas, could have some dolphins too
  • Uncle WillyUncle Willy Posts: 261
    edited 06.06.2014
    Attachment not found.
    Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.
    Cheers & Happy Doughnut Day, Doty'n Willy
  • edited 06.06.2014
    LOVE these pictures Uncle Willy!!!!!
    I love the fishy/beachy theme - why not? Some farm-raised salmon? Aquatic plants. Hydroponic farming is very big right now. I love that idea - something totally different. And some exotic plants and fruits and flowers. And I love the rice fields when we have them...so pretty. Sushi anyone?

Let's have a smoothie bar. We could grow wheat grass and kelp and have coconut milk and almond milk and all that. So healthy.

I think the Coconut Grove (orchard) idea is great. Pineapples, Mango, Bananas are all great fruit options for it too! Smoothies, I think health/protein shakes were mentioned earlier too, both great things we could implement! Wheat grass...so many options!!!

Randomfarmer - Excellent idea on the seal and/or walrus, we do need something for more dung production if we are going to have more orchards, etc.

Loving these ideas everybody!! Keep them coming!! :thumbsup:

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 06.06.2014
    The heck with the fish farm I want a space camp, then we could build our farms on other planets and instead f international servers we could have Solar System Servers
This discussion has been closed.