Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Comments

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 28.10.2013
    REBURTO2 wrote: »
    The fish idea, I like, but don't hold your breath!! What would you do with the fish?? Can't dare eat them as GGS has some lame policy against Slaughter of animals, and I ain't never seen a live fish get ate!!
    Insects. Doubt that too, that would lead to insecticides, and well.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There are many ways to make money with a fish farm. They can be sold as food, sold live in aquariums, made into fertiliser, or used in restocking programs.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 28.10.2013
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    There are many ways to make money with a fish farm. They can be sold as food, sold live in aquariums, made into fertiliser, or used in restocking programs.

(Emphasis mine.)

If that environmental event goes ahead, this could tie into it somehow...
  • All4Fun (US1)All4Fun (US1) Posts: 224
    edited 28.10.2013
    Have a new farm dedicated solely to fish hatcheries/wildlife preservation. ^_^ Could use more games on the internet with that theme in mind.
    Latten wrote: »
    About that river... things might change a bit regarding that, in the future ^^

Latten, are you giving us clues about something? :P

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
  • HostileRickHostileRick Posts: 32
    edited 30.10.2013
    push for it
    u all want it lets get it
    i cant believe this isnt considered the best idea for bigfarm
    but yet an upgradeable doghouse is?.. insects are used in farming a heck lot more then dawgs ...
    only farming dogs r good 4 r sheep herding so yea dog house b4 ladybug or fishery???
    then im still pulling cash registers outa my crop fields ?wth?
  • RussinatorRussinator Posts: 1
    edited 30.10.2013
    cant have fish but some one gets to paint my corn wat the gandma
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 31.10.2013
    Russinator wrote: »
    Wha?! Did I miss something somehow?

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • Penfold (GB1)Penfold (GB1) GB1 Posts: 252
    edited 31.10.2013
    ?( "wat the gandma" sounds to me as though it should be in one of the "non-English speaking" forums!!
    edited 01.11.2013
    Russinator wrote: »

lol
    grandma=happy gilmore
    paint ur corn=the paint buckets u find when u harvest
    i got it but yea makes no sense paintbucks b4 insects right and no you do not get a fishery u get Hawaii stuffs
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 01.11.2013
    post deleted
  • Penfold (GB1)Penfold (GB1) GB1 Posts: 252
    edited 01.11.2013
    Ah. Just googled "Happy Gilmore" to discover it's a film, one which I've never seen - which explains my ignorance of any quotes from it - but thanks for the explanation - I'm now less confused! :D:D
    edited 10.11.2013
    any update on this yet??? r we being ignored?
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 11.11.2013
    any update on this yet??? r we being ignored?
    your not the only one with unanswered threads.i was told that no matter how many times we bump our threads it wont help because it has to go through a cm b4 it gets to the devs and the cms are very selective in what they even read.i have had a few threads up for months that have never gotten 1 reply from a cm but from what i was told the blunt truth is if it goes unanswered for a certain period of time then chances are its not happening.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 11.11.2013
    I'm sure things get read, even if they don't get acknowledged.
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 12.11.2013
    Guys the amount of times I read "no comment?" "are we being ignored" makes me wonder if you think just how much time there is in a day.:( I spend 5 hours minimum 7 days a week just working the forums. Any suggestions or complaints I see, I take a copy of the link and post it to the CMs. If I were to make a comment for every link I send so that you know its been sent, I would be working the forums for anywhere up to 6 or more hours.:( So chill, know that its been read and passed on and quit expecting a reply to every thread. If it needs a response believe me it will get one. :) NO thread and I mean NO thread is ever ignored. :)

Not even this one :)
  • gladysmomgladysmom Posts: 28
    edited 12.11.2013
    in the usa there is fish farmers where they only raise fish and sell them
    edited 21.11.2013
    no fish???but yet we have a mine
    no insects??? but yet crop circles ??? realy wats that got to do with farming ???
    no lady bugs or mantises when i harvest my fields but yet ufo parts?!
    no worms no maggots but yet ...hawaii stuff
    wth ppl
    now its just getting stupid...
  • PopaGamer2PopaGamer2 Posts: 39
    edited 21.11.2013
    dude, you get flies from fields, mill and other buildings. the other thing is that we cannot use them except for Coop projects.
    edited 21.11.2013
    read what u just typed .....
    flies?!....very low use in farming maybe decomposition thats it and flies but no maggots ok thats resonable
    flies but no worms ok that makes sense ....flies from ur mill ok watever thats normal
    meanwhile ladybugs from wildflowers ?.... nooo thats makes no sense huh....
    mantis from wheat no nooo thats not farming nooo but finding a cash register yea thats better cuz thats wat farmers find harvesting .... fish ... no its not like 100 million americans refuse to eat from the wilderness, streams n oceans nooo google lied thats not the agricultures 2012 poll noo
    no laxewings but yet flies???? ok yea pest over beneficial becuz yea lace wings arnt the number 1 purchased insects for crop boosting...
    ty cleared that up department of aggriculture and google r lieing to me ok got it

and since no 1 knows biology i will explain the fly ggs has choosen
    Green bottle fly (phaenicia sericata)
    description-3/8-1/2 inch.stout.larger than house fly.brilliant metalic blue green or golden with black markings.
    habitat-in dead fish and other dead animals , in fresh unprotected wounds (or wool of sheep); and in manure and garbage containing animal matter
    range- southern california to mexico
    food-decomposing animal matter.
    life cycle- mass of 180 eggs is deposited on carrion or other rotting protein based organics(for thous lost...dead animals).larvae mature in 2-10 days.drop to soil ,and burrow shallowly b4 pupating .4-8 generations a year, the last last overwintering as larvae in the soil.
    other-the green bottle fly is not as attracted to the smell of fresh meat as the blue bottle fly ,and is less likely to enter homes. it is often found near slaughter houses and garbage cans. a few species are bloodsuckers or have larvae that live as internal parasites of mammals ....

great......pick ggs
    ty papagamer2 for ur comment or this woulda never been said
    and btw ppl ^up ther^yea that info on the bottle fly aka bow fly up there^basic 9th grader knowledge^ u did graduate right ggs owners???

so we harvest these flys from what
    mills????
    nooooo thats imposible these flies eat rotting flesh not grains and def not rotting vegetation
    so wait we dont kill animals in bf soooo wer r these flies coming from hmmm
    makes no sense

• Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 21.11.2013
    Rick, thank you for the biology lesson. I guess that there are different curriculum's running in different countries so it's really not fair to be casting aspersions on others because of what you perceive as their lack of knowledge.

To be honest, I don't really care where the fly comes from other than I have enough to help out my cooperative with projects. I'm just curious however, since you are so literal with what species of fly GGS chose for the game and that they come from grains and such, how do you explain the transporters that I get from the mill? Or the lunchbox that comes from the cow shed and the register that I get from my apple orchards.

I think you're being a bit too literal here for the games sake. It's not a real life representation of a farm - I don't know any variety of corn that grows in 5 mintues or apples that are ready to harvest in 3 hours. I just know that I tend my farm because it's fun.

edited 21.11.2013
    FarmerTess wrote: »
    Guys the amount of times I read "no comment?" "are we being ignored" makes me wonder if you think just how much time there is in a day.:( I spend 5 hours minimum 7 days a week just working the forums. Any suggestions or complaints I see, I take a copy of the link and post it to the CMs. If I were to make a comment for every link I send so that you know its been sent, I would be working the forums for anywhere up to 6 or more hours.:( So chill, know that its been read and passed on and quit expecting a reply to every thread. If it needs a response believe me it will get one. :) NO thread and I mean NO thread is ever ignored. :)

Not even this one :)

thats good to kno but if i had a coin for every mod that said this in all the mmos i seen id b rich :)
    now i thought that the mine was sum1s suggestion but no it was ggs idea ok so
    with that being said how many players suggetions have been used???? like most mmos none is this correct???
    if not 2 examples of players ideas thats been used plz ... cuz if ther hasnt been like most mmos the suggestion list is just for show and chat....is that what this suggetion forum is??? fake? i mean i must see in bf ggs alone wat 500 600 suggestions 220 farm related .... how many added ??? i would love to swear right here witch by law i can i live in usa 1st amendment but thats right its acclamation for us to accept that we cant say watever we want but yea if i swore u know ggs would???.witch is y becuz of kids right???? hmmm but satanism is ok huh ... let me guess for the dum down floride drinkers have no idea wat im talking about the &*$%@ illuminati owl right on the login screen and wats on that bell a templare knight cross ... so thats ok because every president we ever had was foul they went bohemian grove wer they bowed down to the owl
    then there is the hole thing this is for suggestions praise n criticism.... no choice but to accept it

keep working hard ;)
    Kat Nip2 wrote: »
    . I'm just curious however, since you are so literal with what species of fly GGS chose for the game and that they come from grains and such, how do you explain the transporters that I get from the mill? Or the lunchbox that comes from the cow shed and the register that I get from my apple orchards.

awsum ? glade to be of service but if u read the hole....wat is it thread.. u will see wat i said about the cash registers and everything else??? did u read it cuz if so this ??? is answered i ll give u 1 or ima copy n repaste ok... the cashe register gets replaced with....what was it lady bug ....then tractor was wat...mantis???
    yes yes it is a game made for fun but again it refers to u have a suggestion list...how many ideas used from that list ???? and yes its a game and yes its for fun but yes i see bigfarm going down a slippery slope that most mmos go... o we made enuff money off them sooo.... yea make em think theres a suggestion list

u know wat i think ima copy n paste it anyway

edited 21.11.2013
    To be honest, I don't really care where the fly comes from other than I have enough to help out my cooperative with projects. I'm just curious however, since you are so literal with what species of fly GGS chose for the game and that they come from grains and such, how do you explain the transporters that I get from the mill? Or the lunchbox that comes from the cow shed and the register that I get from my apple orchards.

Fishery or hatchery added-25 worms to start-harvest 45 fish and 10 leaves and a dragonfly at lvl 1
    wildflowers harvest lvl1=random choose of 1 insect
    corn harvest lvl1=1 lacewing(ggs choose of species)-use 25 lacewings on a harvest for 5% increase
    cabbage harvest lvl1=1 ladybug(ggs choose of species)-use 20 ladybugs on a harvest for 10% increase
    wheat harvest lvl1=1 mantis(ggs choose of species)-use 10 on a harvest for 15% increase
    compost harvest lvl1=4 earthworms-use 25 worms on fishery to start
    fertilizer harvest lvl1=24 maggots(ggs choose of species)-use 250 on fishery for 20% increase
    fishery harvest lvl1=1 dragonfly('' '' '' '')-use 25 on your orchids for 10% increase
    replace none related farming items with the insects (example cash register and tickets). use these insects in coop stuff too. whatever the job was for the movie ticket the tractor the cash register replace with these insects
    make the insects buyable with gold 1 gold coin per insect
    need a high lvl player to add restaurant stuffs -?
    need a higher lvl to add extra farms stuffs-?
    and coops?
    then a mod to overview change discuss and well...help lol
    edited 21.11.2013
    Rick, thank you for the biology lesson. I guess that there are different curriculum's running in different countries so it's really not fair to be casting aspersions on others because of what you perceive as their lack of knowledge.

understand i said ggs owners thats a corporation not the players so yea i didnt insult the players
    thank you for ur comment or this wouldnt have been discussed so to the rest of the players if u see an insult it def aint towards yunz ...never that.. but corporations large buisness and so forth yea remember this my other team players im here for yunz the public i fite for yunz so to know that nothin i mean NOTHEN is to the public i need yunz...

keywords to this thread suggestions and * criticism *
    accept it ggs

u should of expected this ;)

• Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 21.11.2013
    Hey Rick,

please try to keep your thoughts in one post instead of posting multiple single ones - this is usally considered spamming and that's why we have an 'Edit' button :)
    Also, I know it might be time consuming, but I'll just go ahead and bet that you would get much more responses by using less abbreviations and try to use proper punctuation and sentences - I can say that at least I am having a very hard time reading some parts of your postings, and I bet I'm not the only one. Don't forget that there are many users in here, which first language isn't English, so every bit of effort helps.

This forum should be a pleasant read for all users, even during heated discussions or arguments, and it would be great if all users at least try to maintain that :)

Regarding your posts: We actually used a LOT of community ideas and player-driven recommendations for the game, the decoration we added after your suggestions alone is hopefully showing that. For the future, other upcoming big features that came up because of the community will be the complete mission rework, coming soon-ish, and a lot of changes regarding the secondary farms.

Have a great day,
    Timo
    edited 21.11.2013
    the main important stuff was in proper English and sentencing . but as far as comments,yea that will be short handed. and yes there is many languages used on bf like all mmos. So with that said how do you know i'm not usen(using) proper sentencing i mean im a northern American. example yunz is plural for you what if i said yall that be better or you guyes ???no i wouldn't because i'm not southern American or mid American im northern so for thous in different languages google translator i'm sure there already using.plus my short hand that i use can be found on google usen the urban dictionary ... and as far as enjoyfulment im sure every1 is getting a blast outa this thread accept ggs corp

decorations so thats the suggestions that have been used??? ty for clearing that up... but that seems like a low low attempt to .... u know what never mind ... the community got the answer ... hey my fellow players what u think of that ?

hey bigfarm community gotta love having an activist entomologist on here working for yunz lulz XD
    spamming-i really dont wanna copy and paste the definition of spamming but each post has been different maybe on the same subject but different for 1 two its 5 to 10 mins in between so its not flooding.umm u cant just edit when u answer to comments..and i dont leave nothing unanswered unlike.... so yea if sum1 comments ima re post to answer or talk or add to them im not going to hit edit how does that work??? just edit something said b4 to answer a new comment ... wow this is fun ;)

and i just went threw my decorations, i have no idea what decorations were used from this thread hey players u see anything that resembles v that down there v closes i see is the lake buyable with coins im not sure witch deco he is referring to

Fishery or hatchery added-25 worms to start-harvest 45 fish and 10 leaves and a dragonfly at lvl 1
    wildflowers harvest lvl1=random choose of 1 insect
    corn harvest lvl1=1 lacewing(ggs choose of species)-use 25 lacewings on a harvest for 5% increase
    cabbage harvest lvl1=1 ladybug(ggs choose of species)-use 20 ladybugs on a harvest for 10% increase
    wheat harvest lvl1=1 mantis(ggs choose of species)-use 10 on a harvest for 15% increase
    compost harvest lvl1=4 earthworms-use 25 worms on fishery to start
    fertilizer harvest lvl1=24 maggots(ggs choose of species)-use 250 on fishery for 20% increase
    fishery harvest lvl1=1 dragonfly('' '' '' '')-use 25 on your orchids for 10% increase
    replace none related farming items with the insects (example cash register and tickets). use these insects in coop stuff too. whatever the job was for the movie ticket the tractor the cash register replace with these insects
    make the insects buyable with gold 1 gold coin per insect
    edited 21.11.2013
    I am confused about some things:
    It sounds more like a bait and bug shop and not for fish and the pond. I am not at all excited about the whole bug thing--event the ones that come out of the silo--i think they are kind of gross. My interest in this thread is getting lost.
    edited 21.11.2013
    u dont sell the bugs so its not like a bait shop u find the bugs and use them on fields like u use ur humus . now to start ur pond ull need feed so the feed i suggested is the maggots or worms... now if ur referring to the maggots as being quit disgusting-u do know every insects on this earth starts life as a maggot ... caterpillars=maggots. babyladybugs=maggots. grasshoppers start as maggots the scientific term is larva . life is beautiful no matter the creation. the few exceptions to the larva stange 1 praying mantis pretty much the only 1 that dosent have a larva stage .... now understand farming wouldnt exist period with out insects... no fruits no veggies no nuts no honey no fertilizer no healthy decomposition at all with out insects... the main idea is a fish pond added but secondary is the insects ... what i think is discusting is pulling anything other than this outa ur silo or fields i mean yuck a movie ticket from a pile of ...dung. then i go back to the bug shop thing u said .. no where i mean no where did i say to sell the insects.not even a little bit. i dont know where u got that from maybe the part where i said buy (Buy) em for 1 gold coin per insect ok... so that would mean u find em harvesting ... and or u can buy em but u can only use ur insects on ur fields and stuffs also u would use em during ur co op missions instead of sum dum movie ticket or a tractor

monica79538 did that clear it up
    edited 21.11.2013
    LOL not really--absolutely lost. Honestly--I can't even read what you are saying. Sentences, full real words, capital letters and punctuation are a big help to get your idea across.
    edited 21.11.2013
    understand i do to much proper typeing at work and irl to worry bout it in a game ... here is for enjoyment so whatever is comfortable is the way i am going to type
    monica ur going to have to pick 1 thing out at a time so i can explain it
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 21.11.2013
    LOL not really--absolutely lost. Honestly--I can't even read what you are saying. Sentences, full real words, capital letters and punctuation are a big help to get your idea across.

Don't worry, monica.
    I got lost in translation as well.

Rick, if you want to see a proper example of suggestions/criticism that made it into the game, just look at the next update and you will find one suggestion and one major point of criticism that has been dealt with lately.

Want other examples?
    Take the dog. The flag has been proposed by the English community even. Deconstruction of decorations and premium buildings - also a feature long wished for by the community. I could list a whole lot of suggestions brought up in the communities in all countries that made it into the game.

It's a matter of fact we cannot take every suggestion and just implement it in the game the way it was presented. Else we would all be riding on unicorns, farms would be rainbow colored and we would be drowning in ponds, bushes, bred animals and - in your case - bugs.

Still we are presenting every suggestion that gets good feedback from the community itself to the team. Even the ones that are not used still show them what might be interesting to players in the future.
    edited 21.11.2013
    I get that you want bugs, the different life stages that they have. What I fail to see is how that connect to the pond for fishing? I am VERY excited about the pond, but the bugs--not so much. Your writing style just makes it all swirl in my head and i can't seem to focus on what you want.

I am not the one you need to sell your idea to by the way. And I do speak English as a first language, but many of the people here do not.

**oops Nafaru was posting same time I was, didn't have chance to read it.
This discussion has been closed.