Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Uses for Event Seeds

AnnaCeciliaAnnaCecilia Posts: 80
edited 01.10.2013 in Suggestions
I know the event seeds (roses, sunflowers, rice, magic beans) are great ways of making extra money for the farm, but just growing and selling them is a bit dull imo and as far as I know that's all we can do with them (unless I'm not far enough into the game yet and I'm missing out). Wouldn't it be good if we could process the event seeds into special products on the gourmet and flower farm?

For example rice could be made into rice pudding with the addition of cream and sugar in the restaurant. These special products could have a fairly high production cost and long running time, but should also be sold for a high price so it's worth it.
Post edited by AnnaCecilia on

Comments

• smirlefarmsmirlefarm Posts: 50
    edited 18.09.2013
    annacecilia I can see where your good idea is going here but I don't know about the thought of adding a special product/dish that would just sit there in the selection dialog with almost never even turning green at all most of the month (due to lack of materials) tho?
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 18.09.2013
    Better than wasting space in the seed catalog since I don't think they are worth very much selling outright. I am getting bored the same recipes and the waitstaff is getting lower tips. New recipes from what we already have in stock: is bonus :D
  • BabyRooBoo2BabyRooBoo2 Posts: 83
    edited 18.09.2013
    lol, I agree with you Monica. I see the thought process in the original idea. Maybe make them event specific recipes, like the decor? That way we do not get frustrated seeing a recipe we cannot fulfill outside of the events.
  • AnnaCeciliaAnnaCecilia Posts: 80
    edited 18.09.2013
    @smilrefarm - Maybe they could be special themed recipes that become available to make during the events? Just a thought... On the other hand, I tend to keep some event seeds in my inventory rather than using them all up to get the money because I prefer to plant stuff that can be used for produce, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So you'll find quite a few people have the seeds available even when no events are on and like Monica says, they end up just sitting there, so why not have something more creative we can use them for. We could all try to come up with special event themed recipes for our restaurants or special bouquets and scents for our flower farm which include event crops :)
    edited 18.09.2013
    Hmm--not sure. Rice is available way earlier than the resturant opens, even with gold ;(
    edited 18.09.2013
    That's true Monica, I hadn't though of that. People would still be able to grow and sell the rice though so the seeds wouldn't be useless, and then once they have the gourmet farm they'll have an extra use for them, so it's an extra incentive to keep playing to get to higher levels.
    edited 18.09.2013
    I still like the idea of using the rice in the resturant. I have 2 stone dragons that look very out of place in an Italian resturant hehe. I am hoping to get new recipes soon :D
  • Mae Anne (US1)Mae Anne (US1) US1 Posts: 81
    edited 18.09.2013
    It's always bothered me that you can't use roses in any of the flower shoppe recipes.
    Sunflowers too, but less so than roses.
    edited 18.09.2013
    ^exactly, you could make some lovely bouquets and scents with the roses, there's so much untapped potential in the event seeds!
  • RachaelB (AU1)RachaelB (AU1) Posts: 76
    edited 18.09.2013
    I didn't see any mention of the higher rate of gathering event items. I save the special seeds and plant them during the parts of the events when I am gathering items. I believe it goes much faster that way. Other members of my co-op have the same idea.
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 18.09.2013
    Those are good ideas but as a lot of you have stated the ideas will work when you have the ingredients..... but what about the rest of the days when you don't have the ingredients and you're just waiting for a miracle to turn all the ingredients green?:) but that's just me and converting roses into other things would be good :)
    edited 18.09.2013
    That's true, but I don't really see why that's such a problem. There will still be plenty of other things you can make in your restaurant or on your flower farm, so is it really that bad that not everything is available all the time? If anything it gives you an extra incentive to take part in the events to get the seeds so you can use them for something special you only get to make once in a while. And even if it is an issue, they can be special event products which only become available to produce during the events as suggested before. That way the flower and gourmet farms can tie in with the events, which would be nice imo.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 18.09.2013
    I would assume that unless you are a golder and have spent tons on getting rose seeds through events or whatever, you wouldn't be making products that required special seeds ALL the time, but just as a quick moneymaker when you can afford them. You'd probably still spend a lot more time making spaghetti or bouquets with other things or whatever it is.

Oooh, rose + yogurt = lassi :D
    edited 18.09.2013
    ^ Sure, but that's ok, isn't it? I didn't mean you should have to use event seeds all the time, I wouldn't get rid of all the other things you can make on your gourmet/flower farm. I just thought it would be nice to be able to use them for something other than just selling straight away, which seems a bit unimaginative to me. And you don't need to spend any gold to get event seeds as you get them as rewards for event tasks - I don't think I've ever actually bought any, just got them through completing tasks and I ended up with quite a few saved up.
    edited 18.09.2013
    Hmm--there are lots of people with lots of roses that have not bought any gold too.

it would be nice to use them for more than being in the way in my inventory.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 18.09.2013
    I've not bought any either and I've got a fair number of them, I just have the impression that golders might have more since they have access to more opportunities for them (e.g. charity drive etc.)

But yeah, I still think it'd be nice to have uses for those seeds outside of just planting and selling... it'd also add a new dimension to deciding whether or not to participate in particular events!
    edited 18.09.2013
    @Monica - yeah, I had loads of rose seeds saved up. I've been planting quite a few to get the paw prints for the camping event, and that's how I came to think that we should really have something better to do with all those lovely roses than just sell them straight away...

@Jaystarr - you're right of course, but in the end everyone has the chance to get event seeds, so it wouldn't be something exclusive for gold buyers :) They'd just have the extra advantage, but then that's the case for everything in the game. And like you say, it would influence people's decision about taking part in the events
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 19.09.2013
    I save the rose and rice seeds for the events. The drop rates are so much better and it gets paw print and crane collecting tasks done a whole lot faster. I tend to agree though, it would be nice if we could make more with the roses....special bouquets, rose water etc. It would be even better if we could access more seeds too, from either bubble clicking or simply harvesting/producing on the farms.
    edited 01.10.2013
    Just thought about this again as the fairytale event is on again...

Wouldn't it be nice if we could make Magic Bean Chilli in the restaurant? (eg. Magic Beans + Tomatoes + Mixed Veg)

Or vegetable stir fry during the Asian event (Rice + Mixed Veg)

Or Rice Pudding (as I said before - Rice + Cream + Sugar)

Or a Valentine's Bouquet or Rose water on the flower farm (Roses)

So much untapped potential...
  • i was thinking of using event/special seeds such as rose/sunflower/rice...  as special ingredient that when applied would have the chance of producing twice/thrice the amount of produce of regular seeds/feeds

Sign In to comment.