Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

I'm rather Upset

124»

Comments

• monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 13.09.2013
    WOW Rhon! Excellent editing. I think you got them all;)

I think the new buildings look fine, but obviously some people very much don't like them. I can't even remember what they used to look like and don't feel as though I have been slighted in any way.
  • ss02092ss02092 Posts: 772
    edited 13.09.2013
    I too join with monica for congratulating Rhon... You did an excellent job... Lucky for me i thought of reading this sub topic once in two days I am not into some **** thread and happy i missed quite a lot.

People its just a game. Not every thing iws downgraded in look. There are also some cool looks added. The level 5 house and the level 7 farm house are very good looking...

I also like my cow shed having place to stack straw on top similar to the hen house... No need to run for the fodder, we can take from the first floor and give them.

I also like the ladder attached to my level 4 silo...

The cost also doesnt seems too high.. its some gradual increase only when considering it with the availabel level.

At 59 you can make Rita salad and icecream and make tons of money... So the cost should not e the problem.

With level 48 itself I upgraded two houses when steve came in the first day without spending any gold. So i dont think so the money will be a problem at that level if you plan properly.

I like this update, I have completed more challenges and opened farms in other servers to have new challenges.,. .but with this i find challenge in all the account (thats one of the reason i am not into the forum much now).

I like this update.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 14.09.2013
    i think people forget 1 thing the game is free.you don't have to spend any real money to play here so that a plus.
    a lot of people was upset me to,but its a game get over it.they are making it better.give it a chance.
    edited 14.09.2013
    I think many of the people that were most upset about the appearance are not here anymore.
  • connerk2connerk2 Posts: 177
    edited 15.09.2013
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    Who are you?

ANYWAY, I am honestly completely baffled at the number of people who are complaining about the update making their farms ugly. Really? I thought you don't upgrade your farm because you want it to look good. You upgrade your farm because that way it functions better. Looks are a bonus. If you have been used to things being a particular way and they've changed, maybe there's a reason for that which outweighs mere aesthetics.

Okay, so I guess maybe you have invested time and money into making your farms look good, but so did everyone else on the game. EVERYONE'S farm looks a little bit more ghetto now, but hey, I don't see this as a cause for complaint if it has the potential to run better (and also look better) in the future.

Yes, God forbid you all be allowed to express your opionion if it differs from Jaystarrs!
    Rest assured, he will take the time and energy to explain why it is wrong!
    edited 15.09.2013
    SirGeorge wrote: »
    This is an interesting discussion, thank you for highlighting it. While I do not agree with you Aimei, I respect your opinion. If you had not voiced it, I might not have known how upset some people are with this update.

Concur w/ George!
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 15.09.2013
    connerk2 wrote: »
    Yes, God forbid you all be allowed to express your opionion if it differs from Jaystarrs!
    Rest assured, he will take the time and energy to explain why it is wrong!

Er, please point out anywhere in this thread where I have ever said anyone was wrong.

Also, I am female.

Also, this discussion was over two days ago.
    edited 15.09.2013
    Also this thread is sooo close to the edge already.

Keep things polite. Do not use any more sarcasm.

Discuss issues. Express opinions. All opinions are valid. You do not have to agree with them and you can state an opposite opinion.

Do not discuss individuals.

A topic can be discussed days after the last post IF there is something worthwhile to say, something to add
    edited 15.09.2013
    1) I believe that if someone voices an opinion you can agree or disagree with it w/o attempting to tell them why their opinion is wrong. I do believe you intentionally tried to belittle another player for voicing an opinion.
    And for the record, although that is my opinion, I don't know either of you so it might be a safe bet that others could have taken it in the same context as I did.
    2) I do not care what gender, race, religious affiliation, etc. you are. It is a moot point and irrelative to my post.
    3) This was not a discussion. This was a temper tantrum.
    A discussion would have been more respectful.
    4) To stay on topic, I don't like the graphics changes either, but I do like the update. For those people that are playing for aesthetic value, I can understand their resentment at the results of the latest update. I, however, am pleased at the prospect of having more product potential in my buildings. That doesn't mean that either stance is right or wrong. That's why it's an opinion

Cheers, Jaystarr2.
    Hope you are enjoying your weekend.
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 16.09.2013
    @connerk Just to inform you, you missed a lot of the discussion that had to be deleted by moderators. Jaystarr was not the one being rude or throwing tantrums.
  • Daytona (INT1)Daytona (INT1) Posts: 425
    edited 16.09.2013
    We've no need to see the rest of the discussion, as the post where Jaystarr says "I'm just pointing out why your opinion is not a good one to hold." can be viewed on its own and was abusive in my opinion, for the reason connerk states. So the way it looks to me is that Jaystarr is allowed to abuse other posters and when, understandably, they react, the moderators ban them.

As for Aimei's point, I agree, I know of no other virtual game environment which takes real money from people as they design their own environment and then changes it. I think GGS took a well calculated risk - sacrifice some for the benefit of the majority. Luckily, I'm in the majority.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 16.09.2013
    All it means is that there are insufficient reasons provided for holding that position. I apologize if people think that is abusive, but it's not intended to be. That someone does not have good reasons doesn't mean that I think they are a bad person, or that they are stupid, or whatever. It just means that I think they haven't sufficiently supported their claim properly.

I hadn't seen any reasons offered to justify the initial complaint, but there were a bunch of reasons provided to support the opposite position. So I was puzzled as why people still maintained that position in light of reasons to the contrary. Again, if I expressed that poorly or unclearly I apologize, but I still maintain my view that the reasons in favor of the update provided in this topic outweigh those against it.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 16.09.2013
    To be very honest, and I am trying to say this nicely without wanting to offend anybody, but I do see a bit of a characteristic difference between the language used by the British and the Americans... I am starting to notice how the British agree with one point, while the Americans agree with the other. For both sides, imo, being an outside party, I can understand the reasoning, but perhaps it is possible for the British to read certain language and weaken the meaning a bit for themselves so they feel a bit less offended. While I do understand it is not meant for somebody to say an opinion another person gives is wrong, which I will leave an open question, I do think the reaction of some people may be unnecessary. With this I mean the over-reaction of some people, of which I do think it was correct the moderators deleted their posts and/or banned them. Thank you for reading this, and if you feel upset or abused by this text, do not hesitate to send me a private message with the reasons. I do not think it is necessary to start another discussion about this in public.
    edited 16.09.2013
    This thread is about the visual downgrade of some production facilities

No more discussion of who said what and especially how they said it. Any more post and this thread will close. No ifs. No buts

This thread is about
    the visual downgrade of some production facilities
    edited 16.09.2013
    I noticed that level 1 buildings look like they are MUCH smaller now than they used to be. I also notice that the chicken coops have nesting boxes to the side/front of some of the lower levels. I guess to see ALL the details of each building--I can add one more and keep upgrading it. I did the same when the animations were added--I felt like I missed out if I didn't see each stage since i had already past the task to upgrade them. I will have to ZOOM way in to see it though.

Still liking the update though:) Steve heard about my "to-do" list I think and is worried he won't have time for lunch hehe.
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 17.09.2013
    I like the update. I can handle my stables, etc. looking like what used to be lower levels because I can upgrade & get more products. I think the extra upgrades can really help on co-op projects as well. Right now I'm working on a task to have 4 level 5 cowsheds & I was wondering if we will have new tasks to go with the new upgrades? I like getting rewards for upgrading. I know we will still get XP but when it's a task we get extra.
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    edited 17.09.2013
    I've really liked the "downgrades" so far, because I was a bit worried what the chicken coops for example would look like if they ever add new levels.

Imagining eventually skyscraper-like chicken coops that would be increasingly harder to fit anywhere because nothing behind them would be visible... So I'm glad they went this route in stead of just adding new floors on top of buildings that got new upgrade levels. :'3
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 17.09.2013
    Monica, I am even tempted to open a new account on another server, just to see all the buildings from level one on :)
    edited 17.09.2013
    sigh--thread is truly useless. I think it may be time to close it if it can't be stated what exactly you want to have changed ;(
  • smirlefarmsmirlefarm Posts: 50
    edited 17.09.2013
    I haven't really read the entire thread but I personally don't mind the "lowered" graphics (since its not really a downgrade at all in term of productions, right moderators? :D ) with the sensible new levels added on. why I'm already in the early progress of upgrading one of my few cowsheds to level 6

I did noticed your recent post niryn, you pretty much shared a good point that I had also thought of too when I first noticed the new graphics
  • BobGamer242BobGamer242 Posts: 3
    edited 17.09.2013
    I want what I worked and paid for
    edited 17.09.2013
    i paid for increased production--can't see the tiny details anyway.

Again--Which buildings don't you like? What would you like instead? I can't even remember what they looked like before the update. Throwing a temper tantrum will not produce better buildings.
  • !!!_396723 (GB1)!!!_396723 (GB1) Posts: 253
    edited 17.09.2013
    The bottom line Is all the time farm dollars that we spent on this game is wasted the game sux now and we are getting riped off and some of yall dummy`s are just kissing butt
    I want what I worked and paid for

What you worked and paid for is a certain production facility which uses a certain amount of raw material and after a certain amount of time produces a certain amount of finished product.

None of that has changed. You still have the production capacity that you have worked and paid for.

All that has changed is that the graphic used to depict that production facility has in some cases been downgraded, for the reasons given in the official announcement. There is no point in demanding changes, because unless there is a very valid reason for doing so I can not see GGS reverting back to the old graphics.

So you really have 2 choices:
    Spend more time and money upgrading the current buildings until you get the nice shiny graphics again;
    or quit the game.

Your choice.
  • BobGamer242BobGamer242 Posts: 3
    edited 17.09.2013
    that's not the point the point is we worked and paid for what we had and the upgrade cost now is just stupid million for a pig pen 2 million for a barn I guess yall have a hack or spending your own money to upgrade so yall don't care
    edited 17.09.2013
    As the level of each building increases then the upgrade costs increase as well - they're not going to make it cheaper to upgrade a level 4 pig sty than a level 3 pig sty. And by upgrading the buildings you will be earning more $, ao the relative cost of the upgrade is less.

For those at higher levels it actually gives them more to do and adds interest back into the game instead of simply harvesting their farms and earning millions with nothing to spend it on.

And I don't have a hack, and have not bought any gold either - I'm quite willing to wait until I can afford the upgrades with my farm dollars.
    edited 17.09.2013
    Hodor3 wrote: »
    What you worked and paid for is a certain production facility which uses a certain amount of raw material and after a certain amount of time produces a certain amount of finished product.

Why do you not equally think that BobGamer paid for the building design displayed on the build menu at point of purchase ?

Do you accept that some people buy buildings for the way that they look ?
    edited 17.09.2013
    In real life, yes. In a game, no. When you purchase your first pig sty you get level 1 and it looks like it looks - you do not get a choice as to how you would like it to look. You then upgrade to level 2, and again it looks like it looks - there is no choice. Repeat.

If the developers want to change the design of the graphics then... it looks like it looks - there is no choice.

If there were a choice in the game to pay money for the design that you want at each level, then I would add my weight to the complainers because I've paid for something and it has been changed, but as it stands I have paid for the production facility, but not the way it looks.
  • AnnaCeciliaAnnaCecilia Posts: 80
    edited 17.09.2013
    ^@hodor - but by that logic neither do you decide how much better the production will be, it is what it is. You pay for the only option provided.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is great we'll be able to upgrade our buildings and get better production out of it, especially for high level players because now they have something new to achieve, but I do think GGS could have made the effort to give us some new graphics rather than just downgrade the look of our buildings. I know entry level facilities got new designs, but the new players aren't the ones who'll care because they don't know any different. It's players who'd already achieved a certain standard who now see their graphics rolled back and even though personally I don't find it a major issue, I can at least understand why some people are upset by it. People play the game for different reasons. You and I may just care about having the most productive farm, others care about having the prettiest farm. For the latter, the update is a blow. We shouldn't criticise them for being upset.
    edited 17.09.2013
    Hodor, do you accept that some people buy buildings for the way that they look ?
    edited 17.09.2013
    ^@hodor - but by that logic neither do you decide how much better the production will be, it is what it is. You pay for the only option provided.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is great we'll be able to upgrade our buildings and get better production out of it, especially for high level players because now they have something new to achieve, but I do think GGS could have made the effort to give us some new graphics rather than just downgrade the look of our buildings. I know entry level facilities got new designs, but the new players aren't the ones who'll care because they don't know any different. It's players who'd already achieved a certain standard who now see their graphics rolled back and even though personally I don't find it a major issue, I can at least understand why some people are upset by it. People play the game for different reasons. You and I may just care about having the most productive farm, others care about having the prettiest farm. For the latter, the update is a blow. We shouldn't criticise them for being upset.

I agree - I can't decide what increases in production I get with each upgrade, I have to accept whatever the designers give me - but I do know that when I pay money for my upgrade then I will get a better in the output/time for that building, which in turn allows me to make more profit, which I can then use to improve more buildings - which is surely the point of the game.

And I'm not criticising anyone for being upset - I was not very happy when I saw the new designs myself - I'm just trying to point out that nobody has been 'robbed', the money spent upgrading has not been wasted, and this game does not suck simply because some graphics have changed.

Personally, I wish that GGS had taken some time to redesign all the graphics for each level of the affected buildings - it would have removed all the problems of 'My building has gone down a level', although the resulting graphics would probably have been of a 'lesser' building than the original, so there would still have been complaints.
    Daytona wrote: »
    Hodor, do you accept that some people buy buildings for the way that they look ?

Of course I accept that - that is the whole reason that this thread exists - but those buildings and the way the look are still available in the game. And yes, if those people now have to generate some more $ in order to upgrade those buildings to get them to how they used to look then that could be annoying, but surely that is the purpose of the game (not to be annoying, but to upgrade buildings :) )?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file