Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Only ten projects? What gives?

short79short79 Posts: 174
I'm not sure where it is best to post this since it is a complaint/question. An answer would be nice so I'll start it here. First, I think it is rather lame that only ten projects were created for co-ops to enjoy. With cooperatives able to level up endlessly, there should be a great deal more projects. To me, it makes no sense on the severe limit of projects made available. I understand you can raise the ability level of each project but I still don't see that being a reason not to have designed more.
My co-op mates and I love doing projects. They are highly entertaining, a wonderful game challenge and best of all, they bring us all together creating a delightful atmosphere of friendship and game play! It just seems like that the idea behind projects is so lacking and underdeveloped. It is my opinion that many projects should have been created and made available after a certain number of levels have been achieve. For instance every five or even eight levels unlocks a new project. and clear up into the fifty levels. Any reason you developers couldn't start creating new ones now?
I don't know. It just seems like there's a lot of potential not being used. Is there some reason behind this or are there plans of eventually adding new projects. Or maybe I'm just completely wrong. All I know is they are great fun and I wish there were lots more. Thanks for reading!
Post edited by short79 on

Comments

• duchessogravityduchessogravity Posts: 178
    edited 21.08.2013
    that would be amazing! if there were more projects i mean. our co-op loves doing projects how hard would it be to make up more interesting combinations of things for us to collect :) please GGS make more co-op projects for us!
  • paultje19752paultje19752 Posts: 217
    edited 21.08.2013
    yes true would like more projects to

there are no projects for pigs.

also project ham and eggs would be nice

or what about projects concerning gourmet farm or flower farm
  • choppychop (GB1)choppychop (GB1) Posts: 789
    edited 21.08.2013
    yes true would like more projects to

there are no projects for pigs.

also project ham and eggs would be nice

or what about projects concerning gourmet farm or flower farm

The forum has been through this many times. no pork, ham, bacon or meat of any kind. it may be offensive to vegetarians and vegans and may go against the religions many users are part of. Pigs would be nice because they are just for collecting. or of dung. or there could be one for spending money.
  • Ulveklo2Ulveklo2 Posts: 1
    edited 21.08.2013
    The forum has been through this many times. no pork, ham, bacon or meat of any kind. it may be offensive to vegetarians and vegans and may go against the religions many users are part of. Pigs would be nice because they are just for collecting. or of dung. or there could be one for spending money.

.... Okay.

So, no pork, ham or whatever because it may be offensive to vegetarians, get it. So, this game is aimed mostly at vegetarians as a group, which makes it alright to not include tasks of collecting any kind of meat (which by the way are only pixels on a screen anyway) because some vegetarian person's feeling may get hurt?

While I'm not a vegetarian\vegan myself I do respect their choice of diet, but I also expect that kind of respect back, you know. And making a game not having tasks as collecting bacon and eggs because SOME players are vegetarians\vegans makes me not feel I'm getting the same level of respect as they do. :) SOME other players may be non-vegetarians you know. And by the way, I hope I didn't misunderstand you all too horribly, but being a vegetarian\vegan is as far as I know a choice of diet, not a religion. And collecting ham in a game should not offend vegetarians (as a diet choice) or muslims (as a religion) as long as they keep in mind that the meat isn't real..?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 21.08.2013
    I'm sure I read a staff post, can't find it though sorry, that it is intended to have Projects for Co-ops and Missions for Farmers that will include the production of other farms. That is a better way to go

Staff have said there will be no meat production, no butchery. I don't think they particularly mentioned vegetarians or vegans. Even as a meat eater, and call me hypocritical if you want, but a slaughter house, as has been suggested before, even for the slaughtering of pixels, would be a step too far me too

Pigs have proven problematical for GGS in regard to many cultures and I know some discussion has taken place to try to alleviate the tension on some countries' servers. I don't know if anything has been implemented though, or even will be, but it has been discussed by GGS
  • DanaBDanaB Posts: 8
    edited 21.08.2013
    I don't think Paul's point in calling the project Ham and Eggs was to suggest that we butcher them. He was just suggesting a project that is a combination of collecting pigs and eggs.

Let's not obscure a fantastic idea to have more projects with a debate over vegetarianism.

I will second this motion! We need a better variety of projects!
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 21.08.2013
    Back to topic :D

still hoping for jam and jelly from the oranges, apples, and cherries. I think further use of the honey for bread and biscuits. We could grow tea leaves and coffee in the gardens.

Oh so many options :D
  • Cloud2 (GB1)Cloud2 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 15
    edited 21.08.2013
    I like the idea of having projects related to the other farms we have or are building, and I suspect when the projects were originally designed these new farms were not created.

But to give a different thought ..... would having projects related to the second, third and (soon to come) fourth farm, mean well established co ops would stop allowing newer(lower level) players from joining them as they continue their upward rank. Since new players would not be able to offer goods from anything other than their base farm. (Am I clear in the point I am trying to get across?)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 21.08.2013
    That's a good point Cloud. And may well be why it hasn't been done. I couldn't find the post and you have made me think that might be because it doesn't exist:) It would exclude a lot of farmers if you had Projects and Missions for the other farms. There are now Researches for the other farms, which there weren't for quite some time, so perhaps that is what I was thinking of
    edited 21.08.2013
    Thanks Rhon.
    I am glad I was able to make myself understood. Sometimes I know what I want to say, but can't get it out in a way for others to understand.
    edited 21.08.2013
    but yet--there are to be updates to cater to all levels . . . or what is the point of playing?
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 21.08.2013
    I was personally wondering earlier today why were there no projects for pigs ?? That would be a nice idea.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 21.08.2013
    Heck, it's not like all pig related projects have to be about eating them. We could easily do "bacon and eggs" but make it something about petting zoos and sending off baby pigs to the petting zoo, as well as providing eggs that will hatch into baby chickens for the zoo as well. Or maybe pigs and then producing cabbage and apples to feed them? It's not always about bacon, yo.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 21.08.2013
    I personally would love more projects! And definitely for the other farms as well!

I indeed agree with Cloud that that would be a pity for the lower level players who don't have one or more of the other farms yet, but as a coop grows, they will grow and get to the projects eventually.
    In our coop we don't take in very low level players anyway, because a lot of our projects are already at the maxed out level and we need a lót of participation to finish them.
    I don't say we reject lower players completely, but for instance: for Wild about apples we now need 290k apples collected. A player with only 1 orchard is not much help in that.

So yes, I think that for the higher level players in higher level coops it would be great to have more projects that are also related to the other farms.
    As Monica already said: updates should be nice for all levels, so if once in a while an update happens that lower level players can not YET participate in, that's just very nice for the higher level players.

And it means the lower levels have something to look forward to and level up towards!

Or you can ofcourse make the projects multi-layered, where you need products from both farms. Or all three farms even.

The fire

Rita's favorite Italian restaurant has had a fire inside and are working on a new grand opening.
    - Make lasagna for the customers
    - Make wildflower bouquets for the decoration
    - Collect cherries for the desserts

The petting zoo

Daniel and his dad are starting a petting zoo and need your help.
    - Collect piggies to pet
    - Grow mixed veggies to feed the animals

Summer picnic

Soon there will be a big picnic in the village. Can you help to get everything collected?
    - Make eggs to eat
    - Make apples and cherries for pies
    - Make salads
    - Make summer bouquets

Healthy meals

The local schoolkids are doing a project about healthier eating.
    - Collect cow milk
    - Collect goat milk
    - Collect mixed veggies
    - Make salads

Lol, and that just rolled out of my keyboard and I don't even have a fever :)
    edited 21.08.2013
    Gwendolen--ooooh good ideas:)

I would love to see a way to use the citrus besides the soaps
    edited 21.08.2013
    Great ideas Gwendolen. :D
    edited 21.08.2013
    I love those ideas Gwendolen, and as you say the co op could then use the lower level players who have the apples and cherries to complete that part of the project and the higher level players to complete the cream, bouquets and salad part of the project.

You could also have goats in the petting farm, cheese, yogurt and nuts (almonds) with the healthy meal and ice cream and maybe oranges (for Monica ;)) at the summer picnic
    To add some possible ideas.
    edited 21.08.2013
    Haha Gwen, I like how the Italian restaurant has wildflower bouquets and not those ridiculous pasta gift baskets... ;)
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 21.08.2013
    Lol Jay, they didn't even cross my mind, wóuld be more applicable ofcourse though.

I thought of some of those Cloud, but tried to not put more then 4 things per project.
  • short79short79 Posts: 174
    edited 22.08.2013
    Cloud22 wrote: »
    Thanks Rhon.
    I am glad I was able to make myself understood. Sometimes I know what I want to say, but can't get it out in a way for others to understand.

Wow! Totally know that feeling. I can so relate! :)
    edited 22.08.2013
    Cloud22 wrote: »
    I like the idea of having projects related to the other farms we have or are building, and I suspect when the projects were originally designed these new farms were not created.

But to give a different thought ..... would having projects related to the second, third and (soon to come) fourth farm, mean well established co ops would stop allowing newer(lower level) players from joining them as they continue their upward rank. Since new players would not be able to offer goods from anything other than their base farm. (Am I clear in the point I am trying to get across?)

It is a good point you make, Cloud but I'm not sure how big of a problem that would be as so many of the higher rank co-ops already have a level reqirement of at least 30 if not more. So newbies are already being excluded by a lot of them. I would think that it would generally not be a good idea for newer players to join co-ops of an advanced level considering that the requirements and demands of these co-ops are quite high. A base farm in developmental stages just doesn't have the necessities yet to handle the needs of a well established co-op. Never-the-less your reply is definitely something to think about. Truth be told, I hadn't even thought of projects for the other farms. I just know that ten is not at all nearly enough! We need more fun! :)
    edited 22.08.2013
    Whoa! Just finished reading! What wonderful ideas everone suggested. I love them! I still can't wrap my head around why Big Farm game developers didn't have a larger number of projects to begin with. It just seems like the type of activity that would warrent a big variety. Perhaps it's just me. Think they underestimated the success of this game and therefore leaving them somewhat unprepared? I just hope they will bring more! Pretty please with a cherry on top!
    edited 22.08.2013
    "WE WANT MORE PROJECTS!! WE WANT MORE PROJECTS!!" As we all pound the table. ;) 8)
  • aardvark2aardvark2 Posts: 59
    edited 23.08.2013
    We have a restaurant and a flower shop, how about a cafe on the new farm

We could use citrus to make fruit juice
    We could grow tea, coffee and cocoa orchards for tea, coffee and chocolate
    We could have strawberry, raspberry and blackcurrant patches to make pies
    We could use milk and fruit/cocoa to make different flavoured milk shakes
    We could use wheat, citrus fruits/cocoa, eggs, sugar and butter to make different flavoured cakes
    We could have a special oven for baking cakes
    Each farm also has some kind of stable, so maybe a butterfly farm, butterflies could be fed honey and be sold or maybe ducks for duck eggs?
  • paultje19752paultje19752 Posts: 217
    edited 23.08.2013
    this threa is about projects not about 4th farm of what can be in that
    edited 23.08.2013
    What about level/group-specific projects? You know how the events how split people into groups depending on what level they are (e.g. if you re over level 45 you get X number of fireflies, if you are 25-44 you get Y number etc.), why can't it be the case that projects can also be split that way?

That way if people do projects where you are combining food/flower farm things with main farm things and some of the lower levels don't have all the production costs then they can still contribute by being "restricted" to producing the goods required by the main farm.

It might also help alleviate the problem with too many low-level people trying to get into co-ops that can't use their help for projects since their production is limited, and the converse problem where trying to find high-level people for co-ops is a horrible PITA right now.
  • philpot (US1)philpot (US1) Posts: 29
    edited 24.08.2013
    how about project that require almond or olives some of the other farm item that us higher level player have even ice cream or honey crème product would have to run longer we enjoy doing project a top 30 cooperate TERA MILKY WAVE an please can we do something I tried of rejecting all these lower players an the search for player their got to be a easier method an yes I been to the furom an how do I find those searching when I type in their names an it replys no one found I even type in some of my current team member an IT could not find them but when it use their rank number their they were what up with this?
  • aussiefarmgalaussiefarmgal Posts: 228
    edited 24.08.2013
    Some wonderful ideas shared here! I especially like the multi-farm projects that Gwendolen suggested that would allow all members of a coop to participate in a project regardless of level.
    With the amount of projects some coops are doing it really is time for ggs to develop some new ones, so we can have more variety now.
    edited 29.08.2013
    ElizabethK wrote: »
    "WE WANT MORE PROJECTS!! WE WANT MORE PROJECTS!!" As we all pound the table. ;) 8)

:D Hahahahahaha!!! That's so awesome, J!! I once yelled in a forum, demanding that they make a particular feature available, and got into so much trouble for it! LOL! They also didn't appreciate that I posted it in three different places! :whistling: But at the time, I felt desperate for the feature. Nice to know I'm not the only one who'll make a stink in forums!! :p
    BTW.....
    "WE WANT MORE PROJECTS!! WE WANT MORE PROJECTS!!" *pound *pound *pound 8o
  • mr.malone2mr.malone2 Posts: 1
    edited 29.08.2013

Personally, dung offends me, especially when I have to pile it into huge stacks, but no one seems to care. It is just a game, please relax a little.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file