Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Nursery - planting seeds

aussiefarmgalaussiefarmgal Posts: 228
Has anyone used the new nursery seeds yet to grow crops? If so, which ones? What are your opinions re these new seeds?

I have grown a crop of the new corn seeds and found it useful as I had almost completely run out of corn stock, so with added humus I was able to grow heaps of corn in one harvest of all my fields to make plenty of feed for my hungry chooks.
Post edited by aussiefarmgal on

Comments

• Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 08.07.2013
    I'm loving the corn seeds! It frees me up to deal with the forums instead of spending half of my time harvesting corn. I did make the mistake of not reading the fine print when I planted cabbage however and found out that it was 8 hours in duration - I won't be making that mistake again! :D

As for the wheat, I've got seeds sitting there ready to go, however I'm saving them to use for coop projects where wheat is needed so I can grow some when it looks like we might struggle to get the project completed.

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • aussiefarmgalaussiefarmgal Posts: 228
    edited 08.07.2013
    I agree, the corn is very useful. Not too sure about the cabbage as it takes such a long time, and although the wheat is much faster you only get 10 per field. I will be interested to hear how you find the wheat works when doing a project.
  • duchessogravityduchessogravity Posts: 178
    edited 08.07.2013
    i love the cabbage because i can plant it before going to bed, wake up and barn full of cabage. too full. with hummus and 5 fields i had to run a round of feed immediately and still had to seel some. oops! i have planted corn and wheat, happy with all. i'm saving wildflowers for a mission though :)
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 09.07.2013
    I accidentally planted the special cabbage seeds one evening, and clicked the replant button 3 more times before I found out. Ah well....cabbage for sale then, cause I was already full!
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 09.07.2013
    Gwendolen, I managed to do that with regular wheat this morning so now I'm waiting for 2 fields to grow so I can use them again. *sigh*
    I agree, the corn is very useful. Not too sure about the cabbage as it takes such a long time, and although the wheat is much faster you only get 10 per field. I will be interested to hear how you find the wheat works when doing a project.
    Through the day, I usually dedicate 2 level 5 fields to wheat for a project so I suspect that the new seeds will fill in nicely the time between a full crop of wheat and when I plant wheat for the night. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • ss02092ss02092 Posts: 772
    edited 09.07.2013
    i got a player who harvest cabbage for the collect cabbage mission... got a nice lead...

most of us are using for corn and wheat.. but the stands out in that and also stands first in the mission.
  • aussiefarmgalaussiefarmgal Posts: 228
    edited 09.07.2013
    that's a good idea, using them for missions. I wanted to try these seeds out first to see how much use I get out of them before deciding whether to upgrade or not to save water. The water seems to be fairly steady but there have been 2 times now when I wanted to do some nursery seeds and didn't have enough water and had to wait. Still undecided re upgrading but leaning towards doing so.
  • zitella (US1)zitella (US1) Posts: 21
    edited 11.07.2013
    I always plant wheat before bedtime so it will be ready when I wake up. So now that we have a cabbage that takes hours, it is also a good candidate for "overnighting"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file