Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion: Progress made by each Co-Op member during projects.

BarbieDoll2BarbieDoll2 Posts: 43
edited 18.11.2013 in Suggestions
I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, if it has great (and sorry for re-suggesting) but if it has not been, then here is what I propose...

During a project, there is a set amount of items to be harvested, collected, and produced but little do we know who has done what. I would like to think in my co-op as well as all the others, that each member does everything they possibly can do get the project done and that all the work is divided as equally as possible. But how can we know? I would like to see some type of "breakdown" of each members contribution to the current project. I think either a percentage of the whole [name: 10%, name: 8%, etc] or even an itemized breakdown [name: 3,000 apples, name: 2,700 apples, etc].

We are able to see how much money each of our members have donated to the Co-Op, so I think being able to see how much they donate toward each group project we do would be beneficial. A simple list located on the cooperative project details page showing each member and the amount they have contributed to the current project.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and feel free to suggest any additional information that could better this idea.
Post edited by BarbieDoll2 on

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 13.06.2013
    It has been suggested before and it is a great idea. Staff have said that it is planned but there is no eta for it. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later
  • AstragekAstragek Posts: 495
    edited 13.06.2013
    wasn't there somewhere a sticky post with planned updates?
    can't remember the name or find it anymore, but I know there used to be
  • BarbieDoll2BarbieDoll2 Posts: 43
    edited 13.06.2013
    Thanks for the quick response, rhon! I'm glad to hear it has been suggested and taken under advisement. I think it's a necessity and do hope for sooner rather than later!
  • aussiefarmgalaussiefarmgal Posts: 228
    edited 13.06.2013
    It could be useful information but I think it should only be available to the coop leader. There are many factors that contribute to amounts a person collects - size of farm, amount of time they can spend in play, if they spend gold etc.
    As long as the leader is fair, which I imagine most are, this could help him determine if any players are not participating as well as factors indicate that they could be and then use this to help them improve their game play. Overall, the missions are a team effort, and in a good team, the experienced support those less experienced.
  • duchessogravityduchessogravity Posts: 178
    edited 14.06.2013
    i agree i as the leader would want to know how much is being produced. and i think players take into account that different farms are at different levels. i think my players would love to see each others totals. we're rather competitive and same level players race to see who gets to the next decade first (with prizes) i think it would be fun! also it would have the added benefit of knowing if a certain player is just not trying to help the team and for example, only growing cabbage or wheat for 2 days and not growing corn
  • darconio2darconio2 Posts: 151
    edited 14.06.2013
    Awesome Idea.. Nobody knows who does what now.. A screen like the Competition screen already in use for competitions would be great. Cheers for idea...
  • KittyMudFaceKittyMudFace Posts: 2
    edited 14.06.2013
    I love this idea! I think it would actually make the projects more fun, have a competition to see who can do the most! And yes, it would really help a lot to make sure that everyone has been pulling their own weight.
  • edited 30.10.2013
    Guys, what happened with this? I think it would be very useful.

For example, we had a member leave our cooperative because she believed others did not contribute as much as she did. This kind of statistic, available to all members (not just the leader) would have helped.

Furthermore, as an extension, there could be a history of attempts to do the project with individual contributions, too.
  • edited 06.11.2013
    Bump! Bump! :)
  • !!!_396723 (GB1)!!!_396723 (GB1) Posts: 253
    edited 06.11.2013
    I don't see the point in bumping a thread for an idea that the developers say they have planned to include in a future release, but there is no eta. We just have to be patient until they get it coded.
  • edited 06.11.2013
    Yes, but it can't harm to keep it on the developers' radar. Maybe we get the eta or, better yet, reduce it. ;)
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 06.11.2013
    It's already on their radar if they've acknowledged it.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 07.11.2013
    Cejo, please don't bump threads. As Hodor has pointed out, it will be implemented, but we don't know the time frame of it. Bumping this thread really doesn't help the cause at all, it will just mean that you get your posts removed. :)

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 07.11.2013
    Kat Nip2 wrote: »
    Cejo, please don't bump threads. As Hodor has pointed out, it will be implemented, but we don't know the time frame of it. Bumping this thread really doesn't help the cause at all, it will just mean that you get your posts removed. :)

if we dont bump our unanswered threads from time to time then how do we expect to get them noticed?if one of my threads doesnt get a reply from a cm after a certain period of time i assume its been overlooked and try to keep it in sight.how do we know if its been looked at if we arent informed and how do we keep it in sight without breaking rules?just askin :)
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 07.11.2013
    The CM's have a lot more to their job than just replying in the forums, so they need to be a bit selective about what they do when they're on here. We help out as much as possible by bringing suggestions we think have a chance of going further to their attention, however bumping a thread doesn't make either the CM's post in it or us pass it on to the CM's any more likely sorry dragonpride.

• dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 07.11.2013
    Kat Nip2 wrote: »
    The CM's have a lot more to their job than just replying in the forums, so they need to be a bit selective about what they do when they're on here. We help out as much as possible by bringing suggestions we think have a chance of going further to their attention, however bumping a thread doesn't make either the CM's post in it or us pass it on to the CM's any more likely sorry dragonpride.

well that stinks but thanks for the info. i was starting to think they were just ignoring me :)
  • edited 07.11.2013
    I am sorry my message will bump the thread again, but I must protest. If we are not supposed to open new threads about things that bother us and others already reported, nor bump those existing threads, how are we supposed to express our concerns about the game? Just sit, wait and hope it happens one day?
  • ElizabethKElizabethK Posts: 519
    edited 07.11.2013
    I think the point is not that you can't comment on things, that is what this forum is for. It is more that just because the CM's haven't commented doesn't mean they haven't read the thread. And just bumping up a thread isn't going to make the CM's notice it more.

Secondly, I find multiple threads on the same topic makes it more difficult to find all the other topics or follow what everyone else might have to say on a specific topic. Therefore, if you want to comment on a topic better to find a previous thread if you can.

Finally, it has already been stated that this idea was read and passed on to be implemented, we just don't know when. Bumping it up isn't going to make it happen any faster.
  • jvgma (US1)jvgma (US1) US1 Posts: 55
    edited 08.11.2013
    Thank you, Thank you , Thank you Barbie Doll and anyone else that has suggested this! One of the best suggestions i have seen to date. This would help keep co-op members honest and i for one would really appreciate this. again, thanks for the great suggestion.
  • Mjoll2Mjoll2 Posts: 42
    edited 18.11.2013
    I was so happy to see this thread as I came to the forum to make this suggestion myself. I do believe most coop leaders try to be fair and obviously members at different levels can contribute different amounts. All members need to be able to see the tally on collection tasks divided among the members to help with the sense of competition as well as encourage those not pulling their weight to get on board. I hope we'll hear something soon. :love:
  • I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, if it has great (and sorry for re-suggesting) but if it has not been, then here is what I propose...

During a project, there is a set amount of items to be harvested, collected, and produced but little do we know who has done what. I would like to think in my co-op as well as all the others, that each member does everything they possibly can do get the project done and that all the work is divided as equally as possible. But how can we know? I would like to see some type of "breakdown" of each members contribution to the current project. I think either a percentage of the whole [name: 10%, name: 8%, etc] or even an itemized breakdown [name: 3,000 apples, name: 2,700 apples, etc].

We are able to see how much money each of our members have donated to the Co-Op, so I think being able to see how much they donate toward each group project we do would be beneficial. A simple list located on the cooperative project details page showing each member and the amount they have contributed to the current project.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and feel free to suggest any additional information that could better this idea.
    This was posted in 2013 and 3 years have passed. I would like to know how I am matching that of my team members. If keeping money and gold can be tallied, and missions can be tallied, why can't the amounts donated in co-op projects be tallied?
  • margaretleet (US1) said:
    This was posted in 2013 and 3 years have passed. I would like to know how I am matching that of my team members. If keeping money and gold can be tallied, and missions can be tallied, why can't the amounts donated in co-op projects be tallied?
    The "shovels" give a guide to how much a player has contributed over the last 5 projects & weekly XP rankings show how active a player is in general. While I agree that it would be handy to be able to see instantly exactly what each member is up to, I think it would have a negative impact on coop harmony & cause a lot of bad feeling having everyone watching what everyone else is doing all the time.
Sign In to comment.