Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The price of money in game.

darconio2darconio2 Posts: 151
I am not against buying in game currencies and have in various games including this one if we think of gold purchases.

The point I am making is.

is $500 000 really worth $13.99 real money. I have not thought so.

I MIGHT have (im upset about another game issue atm) considered buying currency at maybe a tenth of that price.

$5 million would mean that I could upgrade a a mill and maybe buy the last level of house on my main farm. Even that seems like such little value.

I suppose it must be working if you continue to sell dollars, but it seems $500 000 doesn't really help much at all. Maybe have the amount increase with levels.

I know at my level 44 Id be spending $14 and not being able to upgrade anything worthwhile for that price.

Just saying.

I can also see where 500k might be a lot for a lvl 5 farm so I suggest increase it with levels.

I dunno. Check your gold sales regarding currency and see if I am right. I think very few people at my level or above will make such a trade unless they are crazy rich.
Post edited by darconio2 on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 01.06.2013
    i never buy dollars with gold, 1700 gold for 50000 dollar?? pfft at my level (53) thats peanuts. So yes you are right indeed. It should increase with level or something. I just donated 600000 to my coop to start a research. I will have that earned back tomorrow.
  • darconio2darconio2 Posts: 151
    edited 01.06.2013
    Yes they are losing sales by not catering to higher levels who are obviouslt devoted (somewhat) to game.
    edited 11.06.2013
    At my level if I want to pay to upgrade my farmhouse with gold (which I might do if cheaper) would cost
    $112.00

Yet I can make $4 million in a few days so it is not worth it.

Buying game dollars needs to be based on level. I can see where 500k might seem worthwhile to a lvl 10, but at my lvl it seems insane to consider.

You are losing customers and profit.. big time.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 11.06.2013
    Hi darconio,

The currency trader is there to give people the option to quickly get some extra cash if they need it. Using that as a measure by which to value farm dollars is simply a bad idea. Its there really for emergency use or those that wish to trade in some god in order to get the last bit they need for an upgrade and don't want to wait. We don't acutally expect people to suddenly spend money just because they want to upgrade a whole building, but the option is there if they want it.

Regards,
    Ethan
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 11.06.2013
    darconio2 wrote: »
    Yet I can make $4 million in a few days so it is not worth it.

Buying game dollars needs to be based on level. I can see where 500k might seem worthwhile to a lvl 10, but at my lvl it seems insane to consider.

You are losing customers and profit.. big time.

Not everyone makes 4 million in 2 days. People will either buy it or not. At least it is an option. If you don't think it is worth it, then don't buy it. Simple as that. No one is forcing you to.
    edited 12.06.2013
    @ Maxiroy and Malreyn,

I understand how the game economics work.

This offer is clearly only of benefit to people who are low levels.

Here is a comparison for my level that is related.

5650 Gold or $9 000 000 for my next Main Farm Square of real Estate.

This means I can buy $7 worth of gold and buy this square.

Or I Can spend $250 (bit less because of qty discounts) and purchase the $9 000 000 necessary and buy the exact same square.

It is math already in the game.

Should I pay $7 for a square of land, or $250 for the same square of land?

I am not wanting a Moderator with no programming experience to Appease Me as I honestly don't care.

This was a VERY practical suggestion to GGS to increase their sales. They are in business to make profit, and if higher levels do not see any value in spending $14 for 500k then they are losing sales.

This post is for people with common sense.

Obviously having a set amount of dollars for x amount of gold is silly. If a newb player under level 10 spent $14 and got $4 million it would ruin their game. They would never need to work for anything.

I am saying that it should increase per level. So a level 40 would get more cash for $14 than a level 10. Maybe 4X the amount $2 million.

I GUARANTEE YOU that if you look at GOLD purchases of dollars you will find (obviously moderators have no abilities here) that nobody above lvl 35 has ever traded gold for dollars..

This thread is under suggestions.

It is a suggestion to help them make money as people would pay for worthwhile amounts.

[rhon: redacted]

@ Moderator,
    This suggestion is towards GGS so they can sell more gold. It does not need a pleasant auto reply saying the game is how it is.

The more money GGS makes the more they can give for free to others and add improvements to the game.

It is a very practical suggestion, and others have agreed both in this thread and another event thread.
    edited 12.06.2013
    You are welcome to make suggestions. You are not welcome to be rude to other players

Any suggestion can be discussed. By anybody. You cannot choose who can make comments in the thread. Not everyone will agree you. Feel free to make counter arguments but don't attack the individual posting
  • camii893camii893 Posts: 251
    edited 13.06.2013
    If the cash was cheaper than it was now - there would be an even larger tip in the scales between gold players and no gold players. The gold players would benefit even more than already and I don't feel that it would be inline with the way they game is going.

I think the way it is now - is fair.
    edited 13.06.2013
    darconio2,

Firstly, as Rhon3 pointed out, there is simply no need to be rude or condesending towards other community members just because they don't agree with your suggestion. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and to express there thoughts on the forum.

Secondly, if you are making a suggestion you might want to make it a little clearer. The majority of your post is written as a criticism with a small suggestion on the end of it.

Thirdly, there is no moderator here trying to appease you. As a community manager i am the representitiive on Goodgame Studios here. I have explained why i believe your assessment to be wrong based on the fact that you are analysing the event for one single use and judging it as being wrong based purely on that. If people want to use gold to unlock land that is fine, noone is suggesting (except you) that it is only used to get more cash to expand land that way.

Personally i have used the trader a few times to turn some of my extra gold into cash to be able to afford my next building upgrade.

Regards,
    Ethan
    edited 14.06.2013
    @ CM Malreyn,
    Firstly, as Rhon3 pointed out, there is simply no need to be rude or condesending towards other community members

Only two people aside from moderators have responded to this. What rudeness are you talking about?
    if you are making a suggestion you might want to make it a little clearer.

Posts you mean.. This thread was started by me.

My suggestion is to keep selling $500 000 game dollars for $13.99 worth of gold to low lvls

BUT

For higher levels (as post # 2 also says) $500 000 can be earned in a few hours and does not seem worth spending $13.99 for this amount of gold.

I am suggesting that GGS could sell a lot more gold by having the dollar amount increase as levels increase.

A level 50 might spend $13.99 real money on $5 000 000 , but not so likely for $500 000.
    Personally i have used the trader a few times to turn some of my extra gold into cash to be able to afford my next building upgrade.

Yes. But only when you were a small level. I do not think anyone would use it after level 45-50. Unless incredibly rich or a bit daft.

I do not have many building upgrades left that cost under $600 000.

If I wanted to upgrade my house using bought gold it would cost me over $100 real money.

Does that seem worthwhile to you .. $112 real money to upgrade a farmhouse. ?????

This suggestion is practical, and when people say. The game is how it is deal with it, it is them being rude.

I have spent over $100 on gold in this game.

I highly doubt any high levels are taking advantage of the $500 000 for $13.99 deal though.

Once I bought a mystery box for 250 gold. It says today is your lucky day you get $15 000. Again... $15 000 may seem like a LOT to a lvl 10 but at my lvl (48) it seems like I was very unlucky. One load of pigs is worth more.
    there is no moderator here trying to appease you. As a community manager i am the representitiive on Goodgame Studios here. I have explained why i believe your assessment to be wrong based on the fact that you are analysing the event for one single use and judging it as being wrong based purely on that.

You can believe what you like, but I am not the only player who has said this is good business sense.

The land squares comparison was only a comparison although it appears you did not get that.

Squares of land in game escalate in value. The Money for gold stays the same for all levels. It is basically not an option for higher levels.

Look at Quote from Post # 2,
    1700 gold for 50000 dollar?? pfft at my level (53) thats peanuts. So yes you are right indeed. It should increase with level or something. I just donated 600000 to my coop to start a research. I will have that earned back tomorrow.

I am not expecting many here to understand good business, and that's why I think comments like ,
    I have explained why i believe your assessment to be wrong
    seem silly to me.

I am not trying to be rude, but it is common sense that if Higher levels were offered something appealing for their level then maybe they would buy gold for it.

i.e. I might spend $13.99 to finish my $4 000 000 upgrade to muy farmhouse, but I am not going to spend $112 real money to upgrade my $4 000 000 farmhouse.

I was a Bindery manger with over 50 full time staff. I know just a little about business and run several now from my home.

If this suggestion does not make sense to anyone here then I hope they are not involved in any business involving economics.

There was an event thread where people supported this idea more openly, but they seem to have vanished.

I will go a step further and say "THIS WILL HAPPEN". Some day the people of GGS will say why are no high levels buying game cash? Then they will discuss it and see why. I predict it will happen no matter what I or anyone else has to say. Because it is a good idea.
    The question is only WHEN?
    edited 03.11.2013
    bump............................................................

Having Dollar amounts increase by level makes sense.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 03.11.2013
    Yes and no.........what makes you think that a high level player would spend that same $14 to get 5 million rather than 50,000? Like some said earlier, a well set up farm can quite easily earn a high level player about a million dollars if not more per day. So going on that logic it would take 5 days to earn that 5 million dollars.

This isn't about dollar values, its more about whether or not someone wants upgrades fast or is willing to take some time and put in a little effort to earn these upgrades. If someone wants fast upgrades they will buy gold and use it directly on the upgrade.......not trade it on for dollars and then buy the upgrade using dollars.
  • connerk2connerk2 Posts: 177
    edited 04.11.2013
    Honestly, I don't know why anyone would spend gold on anything they could buy with dollars.
    With that said, obviously enough people are doing exactly that or GGS would scrap the event, yes?

Another golden rule of economics.
    If increasing customer base for dollars by 17% (arbitrary number) cuts total (actual) dollar profit by 30%, why on Earth would GGS pursue it?

I highly doubt anyone on the forum has the numbers necessary to do the actual analysis required to answer the question.

But, hey, it's a good suggestion that should be considered!
    edited 04.11.2013
    @ Gizmo222

That is a good point about applying gold directly instead of using dollars.

My Farm makes $2 million on a bad day currently at lvl 71.

You could argue why trade gold for dollars at all though. My point is that nobody over lvl 35 has likely EVER used that money trade feature, and if it is not going to be practical then it is more of an insulting nuisance.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 04.11.2013
    I've been trying to figure out the exchange rate but 1) I'm horrible at math and 2) it's just really inconsistent.

I've never done the gold to dollars thing because I just don't see the point. If I had that much gold lying around I think I could get dollars faster by finishing production on things and selling those. Or I could just be patient and earn my dollars and not have to buy them with gold. No biggie. (That's not to say that everyone should think this way though.)
  • Instant Ocean (US1)Instant Ocean (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 04.11.2013
    darconio2 wrote: »
    @ Gizmo222

That is a good point about applying gold directly instead of using dollars.

My Farm makes $2 million on a bad day currently at lvl 71.

You could argue why trade gold for dollars at all though. My point is that nobody over lvl 35 has likely EVER used that money trade feature, and if it is not going to be practical then it is more of an insulting nuisance.
    Level 35!?!?... Forget it dude. At ANY level it makes no sense. I started this game like 3 weeks ago or something and the first time I saw this, I said "Do they think I'm a complete MORON?" LOL

It is factually insulting the intelligence of anyone playing the game and having very basic math skills.
  • kaushik122kaushik122 Posts: 2
    edited 05.11.2013
    ya your right .but it was better if we could buy gold with money!:D i don't worry about money because i have lots of money.i just want gold to do things quikly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file