Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Weekly updates

jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
I'm not sure that this is a criticism; it might be more of a query (in which case could a mod please move it to the relevant part of the board?)...

Some of the updates that we are getting (like fences looking slightly different) are cute and maybe aesthetically pleasing, but when are we going to get updates on things that people have mentioned in the forums, such as balancing issues with missions? This has been talked about a bunch and I know it will be a big task, but has any progress been made on that front?

I just feel like sometimes the updates are random things that don't really make much difference to the game nor are things that players would want or have asked for, while there are a whole bunch of things that players have found non-trivially problematic in the game, then this is when players start feeling like they are being ignored.

I know that it's great that Latten has the thread where he lets us know about suggestions that have reached the devs, but sometimes it's a bit disheartening to see so many of our views have no plans to be implemented or no ETA or anything at the moment, while all these other relatively frivolous things (fences? pranks?) are coming out.

I think maybe I'm just finding that a bit frustrating and need to vent. I promise that I'm not usually this much of a grumpypants! :P
Post edited by jaystarr2 on

Comments

• MenaceDawg1980MenaceDawg1980 Posts: 93
    edited 03.05.2013
    I've read some of jaystarr's previous posts in other threads and I can assure anyone that she is NOT a grumpy pants. Maybe a grumpy shirt with short sleeves but definitely not pants :p.

All kidding aside, I think you bring up a good point. Granted some of this stuff we're getting (and will continue to get) is all part of a production schedule that has been in place and was thought of well in advance but your concern for the sentiment of the populace in this game is a valid one.

There are a lot of issues out there that need their attention. Some can be fixed in a day's time by a competent programmer while others are more involved but to get the same response of having it heard but no ETA placed on it really makes everyone feel like their voice matters very little if anything at all

Like I mentioned in another thread, if GGS would sprinkle in a fix to some of the issues brought up by the community here and there with every update (or every other update even), players would be more content and accepting of the new stuff.
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 03.05.2013
    I think Jaystarr is right on so many points. So many updates for things we have not even asked for have made it to the game, but things that would make it more enjoyable to play that so many people have asked for get shoved to the back burner and forgotten.

Even after the updates are here--there is so little information about how they actually work.

Here again though: there are tons of topics that have gone on for months with no change.
    Missions, adding less than the full amount of challenges pieces, the composter not processing enough leaves, transfer decos to the other farms, extra construction slot, and MANY more.I really don't think it matters what we ask for, we probably won't get it anyway.

As a sidenote--the seed packet was brighter a few months ago, but that too was a change that we did not request. Lots of people complained about it the first few days, but i think most have gotten used to it by now.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 06.05.2013
    Hi All,

There are some very valid points here, so i'll try my best to answer some of the points.
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    Some of the updates that we are getting (like fences looking slightly different) are cute and maybe aesthetically pleasing, but when are we going to get updates on things that people have mentioned in the forums, such as balancing issues with missions?

Before we can start looking at this i think it's important just to highlight that each update is made by a group of several different teams all that are involved in different aspects. For example the changes to the fence only require input from the art teams which as you can imagine have nothing to do with other aspects of the game. The balancing aspects are dealt with by the balancing team and that can be a long process. The team need to look at and simulate each minor adjustment to make sure it fits with the game. It may sound simple to just change a few numbers, but those changes can have a knock on effect on other things. Even though this update may seem small and mainly cosmetic, the teams are all working hard in the background on future changes as well.
    All kidding aside, I think you bring up a good point. Granted some of this stuff we're getting (and will continue to get) is all part of a production schedule that has been in place and was thought of well in advance
    This is definately true. Many of the intended changes are planned out weeks in advance in order to fully prepare and so although people may think that nothing will be done it could be that its alredy planned in the future.
    I really don't think it matters what we ask for, we probably won't get it anyway.
    There is an important point here which needs to be highlighted. We always listen to the requests from players, but we can't add everything into the game that players would like. Many suggestions we get may have already been rejected, or is just not something that fits into the existing plans for the game. Whenever we can include a suggestion we do, but just because it has been asked for doesn't mean it will be added.

Regards,
    Ethan
    ros.png 16.5K

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file