Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

confirmation on every action that involves gold

We really need a confirmation button on every action that involves gold .
Tonight i lost about 1400 gold because i accidentally pressed "skip" on an upgrading orchardX(
Post edited by vikingur1- (NL1) on

Comments

• lois larner (AU1)lois larner (AU1) Posts: 198
    edited 06.04.2013
    i have done that a few times, once when i was trying to rotate something the zzz icon in front flared up twice the size and i clicked on >> button instead of rotate. that used up all of my gold..they have an "are you certain you want to do this " for demolishing, so why not have a do you want to use all your gold button
  • Jim52Jim52 Posts: 45
    edited 07.04.2013
    I agree. Thankfully this has only cost me a small amount of gold so far. If they're worried about it being annoying to regular gold users, they could make it a setting that you could turn on/off
  • zippygurl4zippygurl4 Posts: 3
    edited 07.04.2013
    I think this is a great suggestion. One of the reasons I am holding back on buying gold is because I do not want to accidentally spend it with a button click.
  • MenaceDawg1980MenaceDawg1980 Posts: 93
    edited 08.04.2013
    Confirmation and cancel buttons are usually a no-brainer. But I doubt they'll implement such things since GGS wants you to accidentally lose your gold so you are tempted to buy more. Hopefully they can prove me wrong but I doubt it.
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 08.04.2013
    Yep, it happened to me too, that I accidentally sped something up. Not while trying to rotate, I use the arrow keys on the keyboard for that. Maybe that's a tip that can help some of you a bit.

I would really want to be able to put it off though, I am not a big gold user, and try to use as little as possible in missions. But I do use a little bit from time to time and I would hate a confirmation getting in my way. Or it could be solved by putting it under the enter button too, so I could click and enter with 2 hands so it wouldn't slow me down.
  • girl farmergirl farmer Posts: 44
    edited 09.04.2013
    how can a confirmation slow you dowm, unless your a big gold user. what slows me down is the racing farmer paper at start of game. I have lost gold as well by accidently hitting fast torward when i have being rotating something, i also lost gold when i hovered curser over little tv screen at bottom ofscreen when the cat jumped up on me. it used gold to finish task. ( didnt know tv screen could do that ) so the 1500 gold mum got me for easter to buy last 10 eggs and get water tank is all gone and i dont have a water tank yet as i need to get land.
    this accidental gold spend is starting to put me off the game
  • Gadz2Gadz2 Posts: 20
    edited 11.09.2013
    I'll put my hat in this ring. Great idea vikingur1-2.

I don't buy gold, opting to save what I get from level and login bonuses. Went to harvest a chicken coop and skipped upgrading my composter to the tune of 515 gold. Sigh. Now I move what I upgrade to another part of the farm to prevent doing it again. But a confirmation is handy. We get this as a warning when we sell feed at a loss. Great reapplication GGS!
  • AnnaCeciliaAnnaCecilia Posts: 80
    edited 11.09.2013
    I've accidently pressed the fast forward button a few times as well, and it can be an expensive mistake :( I don't think GGS want you to accidently spend your gold, but I do think the point of not having an extra step is that they don't want you to think twice about spending it. A confirmation button would make some people who would normally spend impulsively reconsider and not do it, and therefore buy less gold, which would reduce GGS's profits. So I don't think they will ever add one. I hope they prove me wrong of course, because it would be much fairer to us if they do.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file