Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestions to add meat to the game

Comments

• MenaceDawg1980MenaceDawg1980 Posts: 93
    edited 02.05.2013
    It doesn't really matter. It seems like a logical direction to go in considering this is, after all, a farming game but by the looks of things I don't think GGS even knows what direction they want to take this game in. They just recently delivered an update involving gifting/pranking and now there's something revolving someone with a small campsite. Seems everything except things that revolve around (or expand on) farming are being considered.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 02.05.2013
    This has already been suggested here.

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • choppychop (GB1)choppychop (GB1) Posts: 789
    edited 02.05.2013
    And "Pigs in Blankets" could be an opportunity to help out at the Vet's to help sick piggies. Or a game called "5 little piggies" and it links to the story of one little piggy went to market, one little piggy stayed at home.... and so on. We can bring food to life to link with fun!!
    edited 03.05.2013
    nienke76 wrote: »
    Maybe we could breed horses in our cow stables and simply not tell anyone what we are selling!
    LOL!!! Tesco's won't be pleased.....
  • Irish30 (US1)Irish30 (US1) Posts: 264
    edited 03.05.2013
    LOL...many peeps in U.S. won't get the horse and Tesco's comments...but for us few...too funny! (Seriously...in the higher lvls you'll need tons of pigs for tasks...like 6000 pigs for 20 exp and $15,000 for rewards in lvl 55, so think twice about bulldozing pens you may have now...just a thought)
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 04.05.2013
    I don't bulldoze pens, I need the dung for fertilizer.
  • SuperEtienne2SuperEtienne2 Posts: 1
    edited 09.05.2013
    Why aren't corn and pigs useful as raw materials in the gourmet restaurant? No corn on the cob (corn + butter)? No denver omelet (eggs + pigs + mixed veg + onion)? No bacon (pigs + time in bakery for smoking)?
    Post edited by SuperEtienne2 on
    edited 09.05.2013
    Please feel free to join in the conversation here.

• unlimited5unlimited5 Posts: 19
    edited 03.11.2013
    I know this has probably been discussed already but I cant find it or see it anywhere without searching for hours ...
    Pigs, I know they produce dung, but has the thought been put out there of a production facility for the actual pig itself?
    when we got the nursery I was a bit disappointed we didn't get something for the pigs instead - don't get me wrong, I like the nursery, it has its uses.
    but back to the pigs, maybe it could be something to make bacon? then the bacon could be added into a recipe on the restaurant side.
    I know something like this takes a lot of time to make etc, but the guys at GGS are pretty great at doing what they already do, so it could be easy?
    Thanks
    Post edited by unlimited5 on
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 03.08.2013
    People have put that out there but I think generally the idea is that there wouldn't be any, uh, animal processing (slaughterhouses, butcheries) going on in the game, and no meat recipes in the restaurant. I can't remember what the reasons for it were, but it was either moral/religious (e.g. vegetarians might be offended) or simply the idea of butchering those cute little piggies might turn people off from the game.
    edited 03.08.2013
    ok, yeah that's fair enough then, it would just be nice to use them in some other way, instead of just their dung... Thanks for the reply.. I knew it would have been discussed before.
    edited 03.08.2013
    another suggestion would be to make a ""paddock" so we could send out say 100pigs to find truffles (nice mushroom which pigs find underground for those who don't know) and then get truffles to use in the recipes, that way it uses the pigs without eating them but still makes a use for them :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 05.08.2013
    unlimited5 wrote: »
    another suggestion would be to make a ""paddock" so we could send out say 100pigs to find truffles (nice mushroom which pigs find underground for those who don't know) and then get truffles to use in the recipes, that way it uses the pigs without eating them but still makes a use for them :)

Hey unlimited5,

It an interesting idea, but i'm not sure about the pigs just "vanishing" at the end of it.

Regards,
    Ethan
  • McFeisty (US1)McFeisty (US1) US1 Posts: 110
    edited 10.08.2013
    I, too, was hoping for a meat processing plant instead of the nursery. Interesting that there won't be any such thing implemented. I'd be happier if the selling price for the pigs were something approaching one that jives with reality, though. Can barely buy a suckling pig for ten times what we can sell ours for!
    edited 10.08.2013
    truffles seem a good idea. and in the restaurant you could make chocolate and add the two together to make chocolate truffles. (this is funny because there are two types of truffles)
  • FruityLoops2FruityLoops2 Posts: 0
    edited 25.09.2013
    It would be nice if in the cafe we could make bacon and eggs, make more use of pigs and excess eggs. :D
    Post edited by FruityLoops2 on
  • bacon and eggs, it would be nice
    edited 24.09.2013
    You can't eat or process animal meat on BigFarm.

Please see this discussion, this discussion, this discussion, this discussion, and this discussion to see what has been said about bacon many, many times.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 25.09.2013
    And with that, everything's said that needed to be said ;)
  • edited 14.10.2013
    Thought about truffles over the weekend and then found this thread. However rather than a paddock I was thinking about having truffles drop as an item when you 'harvest' the pigs. If you have say 10 truffles per harvest then once you have enough they can be made into truffle oil in the distillery for certain recipes or they can be used whole in other recipes. This would at least give a reason for pigs other than just dung producers.
    edited 14.10.2013
    CM Malreyn wrote: »
    Hey unlimited5,

It an interesting idea, but i'm not sure about the pigs just "vanishing" at the end of it.

Regards,
    Ethan

They earn their freedom?! :P
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 14.10.2013
    Hahaha I can imagine it........................... 'please mister, have mercy :( Oh alright :)
  • REBURTO2REBURTO2 Posts: 3
    edited 18.10.2013
    How about adding BarbQue to the menu for the Gourmet farm!! Would be a good use of Hogs, and and added use for cows.
    Eastern NC Whole hog BBQ and Beef Brisket, Texas style!! In some areas this stuff is GOURMET!!
    Post edited by REBURTO2 on
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 18.10.2013
    ggs has said that the use of meat will not b allowed.
    edited 18.10.2013
    I am trying not to facepalm so hard right now. :P

Please look through previous posts for other suggestions that have previously been denied. For example, have a look at the link that is mentioned in this topic, which links back to a whole bunch of other topics basically about why GGS will not include things that involve slaughtering animals.
    edited 18.10.2013
    Dragonpride and jaystarr are correct on this one sorry Reburto so I'm going to close this thread now.

• PopaGamer2PopaGamer2 Posts: 39
    edited 03.11.2013
    I also wanted to add ham and bacon suggestions :) and then I found this topic by search option.
    it is kind bad from start putting pigs on farm and then removing their only role in it :S as said above the only usage of them here is dung :D
    I do understand some people might get upset, but hey this is farm and pigs are "processed" on farms. I know idea about meat won't come close I just wrote opinion.
  • NissePluttNissePlutt Posts: 14
    edited 30.11.2013
    It would be fun to see some new food for the restaurant -
    for exampel: Bacon and egg, hot dog (made of pig or/and cow), Christmas Ham, "Wurst" like salami and other "wursts" /sausages...

For the cow - we get milk but we should also have meat from them...

Maybe also the chicken - not just eggs... make we can make barbequed chicken as well in the restaurant.

New things to grow on the fields.... sallads to make nice italian sallad (or greek).. Maybe we should be able to grow garlic to have in the Salami?
    Carrotts - to make carrott soup.
    potatoes - to make chips and other things with potatoes in them.

Another farm? Berry farm
    where we can produce different berries and fruits - we have a few fruits but maybe we should have more - blue berry, strawberry....
    and make marmelad and sell in a shop especially for exotic things we produce.
    Post edited by NissePlutt on
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 30.11.2013
    GGS Have always said that no animal will be used in the restaurant as food. It has been suggested many times before. I know you will understand why this thread has been closed.

Tess
  • Jeanette89 (SKN1)Jeanette89 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 18
    edited 14.12.2013
    Hi,

Suggestion to use pigs for bacon. Egg and applejuice maybe...;)

Best Regards

Jeanette
    Post edited by Jeanette89 (SKN1) on
Sign In to comment.