Home EN Suggestions

Fishing Pools and Boat Status Popup

I've tried searching, but cannot find anything related. I'd like to suggest something akin to the change that was made for boats actually in harbor. Some time ago a change was made that enabled you to hover over boats in harbor and a popup reveals the number and type of fish caught.

I'd like to suggest that a similar popup be available when boats are actually fishing at a pool. Inevitably I will assign boats to a pool that essentially clears the available fish. Problem is that once this happens you have no idea what type of fish are being caught thereafter, and I simply cannot remember what fish type were available at each of the 6 available pools. What I am suggesting is a simply popup with the type of fish being caught, perhaps even the number also.

Presently we get the status and remaining time, I'd just like to be able to see the fish type for each boat/pool, perhaps even just an icon would be sufficient maybe with the caught number beside the icon.

Please give this your consideration.
(As an aside, I'd also like to suggest ACTUALLY grouping participants in the Hard Work Challenges, but that is an entirely different issue .. heh)

Comments

• Uncle John (AU1)Uncle John (AU1) AU1 Posts: 9,520
    I think that if you click the info button for the pool it shows what fish were in it     :¬)

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 5,597
    edited 14.03.2022
    @PucksTormentor (US1) I wonder if you can zoom in to see what type of fish were at a pool once you have sent boats there to clear it.  The fish are still shown swimming in the pools.
    Lobster pools, and the oyster/clam/shrimp pools are fairly obvious, but the other 2 are visible if you look a little closer

cod/salmon/swordfish; 

herring/tuna;

If you watch them once zoomed in, the swordfish are the easiest to identify (IMO) but the salmon jump out of the water which is easier to spot when zoomed out. In the other pool, the tuna are the easiest to identify close up, but the herring are only shown in a school which is how I tell that one when I am zoomed out.

And thank you Uncle John, I had forgotten that if you click on the pool, the "info" option is there

and does show the fish type there too

Post edited by Heather Norsk (US1) on
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 3,230

From the GGS Wiki HERE

Sign In to comment.