Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Chum affects on fishing time do not match published numbers

nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 149
I have found the rate increase is only half (or worse) of what is published in the game.  Thus:

• Chum with a "Catching Speed Bonus" of 10% actually only increases the rate by 5%
  • A 15% bonus is really only 7% (exact)
  • A 20% bonus is really only 10%
  • A 25% bonus is really only 12% (exact)
It's like the game halved the bonus and truncated the result to an integer.

The examples given below are from fishing pool 8, the one at the top of the screen, in the middle, nearest to a rock; there were over 400 Swordfish/Salmon/Cod in the pool, so more than the capacity of the boat.  In each case, there is enough equipment to complete the fishing in less than the maximum time, and completely filling the capacity of the boat.  The equation for all of these examples should be:

(Fishing Time)= (Boat Capacity)/((1+(Chum Bonus))*(Fishing Rate))

where (Fishing Time) is in hours, (Boat Capacity) is in fish, (Chum Bonus) is a percentage/decimal, and (Fishing Rate) is in fish/hour.

Examples are below, with screen shots provided later:

• Level 6 Runabout, 4 Paul, 0 Chum (capacity is 22 fish; fishing rate before chum is 24 fish/hour); Fishing Time is 0:55:00 (matching in game and by calculations)
  • Level 6 Runabout, 4 Paul, 1 Fish Chum; Fishing Time is 0:52:22 in game (a 5% rate increase), should be 0:50:00 (a 10% rate increase)
  • Level 6 Runabout, 4 Paul, 1 Oyster Chum; Fishing Time is 0:51:24 in game (a 7% rate increase), should be 0:47:49 (a 15% rate increase)
  • Level 6 Runabout, 4 Paul, 1 Herring Chum; Fishing Time is 0:49:49 in game (a 10% rate increase), should be 0:45:50 (a 20% rate increase)
  • Level 6 Runabout, 4 Paul, 1 Lobster Chum; Fishing Time is 0:49:06 in game (a 12% rate increase), should be 0:44:00 (a 25% rate increase)
I have done tests with different boats, equipment, and amounts of chum, and the results are consistent.  Level 6 Runabouts are among the easiest boats to show this difference because they are not affected by the Fishing Time Issue reported on February 20, 2022 by @ninjahuman (AU1).

It would be nice if the game either corrected what is published for the "Catching Speed Bonus", or corrected the programming to match what is published.

Here are the screen shots from the game (note the published chum percentages are shown in the screen shots in the section below the equipment selected by the user):

Post edited by nuke9104 (US1) on

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    There was a lengthy discussion a long time ago about this very issue. The conclusion seemed to be that the costs of making chum far outweighed any benefit to fishing. Some found greater benefit to producing just the chum that was asked for in the market contracts and selling it there.
  • nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 149
    There was a lengthy discussion a long time ago about this very issue. The conclusion seemed to be that the costs of making chum far outweighed any benefit to fishing. Some found greater benefit to producing just the chum that was asked for in the market contracts and selling it there.
    I'm not suggesting how people should use their chum; I am simply reporting the bug that the published effects and the actual effects are in conflict. I personally don't use the chum for fishing.
    @RosyStarling @ChickadeeQuilter @BugsBunny Will one of you please report this issue to the game developers?
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    @RosyStarling @ChickadeeQuilter @BugsBunny Will one of you please report this issue to the game developers?
    Hi @nuke9104 (US1)

I cannot report it as a "bug", but I'll forward your posts as a feedback as the issue was in discussion before some time.

Hence, be assured that it is forwarded as a feedback :)

Thank you for understanding,
    Bugs Bunny
    @BugsBunny Why is this not a bug?  The game itself says the "Catching Speed Bonus" is (for example with tuna chum) 20%, but it is actually only a 10% bonus.  That would be a bug to me.

Where was the discussion for this?
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    @BugsBunny Why is this not a bug?  The game itself says the "Catching Speed Bonus" is (for example with tuna chum) 20%, but it is actually only a 10% bonus.  That would be a bug to me.

I agree with this. I also see it as a bug or at least some kind of issue where the game is giving information about one thing, but the feature is doing something else.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    If it is not an error (otherwise known as a bug) then they are deliberately trying to mislead players ????
    @BugsBunny @ChickadeeQuilter @RosyStarling Can any of you explain why this is not a bug, and not reported as such? Three of us (myself and two veteran players--see comments above) believe it is a bug.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    BugsBunny has passed on a report of misleading tool tip information as he said he would
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @BugsBunny @ChickadeeQuilter @RosyStarling 
    Thank you for your patience and all the wonderful work that you do for us.  
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612

Hey @nuke9104 (US1)

This was previously reported that is why i can't again report it, however I've passed on the new information you've provided as a feedback to the existing report, it was in discussion a long time ago itself.

Anyway like i stated above, The information you provided now is also passed on to the team.

Regards, 
    Bunny
    @BugsBunny

Thanks for the response and your efforts.  It wasn't clear to me that it had been previously reported as a bug.  I had looked through all the reports under this "Bug Reporting & Technical Issues" topic and didn't see it listed.

Would you please point me toward the earlier discussion you mention?  I would like to read through what had been said.  I have tried searching the forum for discussions of chum, and have not found it yet.
Sign In to comment.