Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Blue barn Red Barn

Rennae (US1)Rennae (US1) US1 Posts: 25
When I first began plowing my fields, I was dazzled by the lure of gold. I purchased the customary Red Barn using my earned farm cash, but then I also bought the blue one with gold. I did not realize how expensive it would be to upgrade the blue one and now would like to divest myself of it?
Currently, when I go to the build menu, it says that I have reached my limit on both by having one of each. I have explored the farms of friends in my Co-Op and discovered that some have two RED Barns and no blue ones. If I demo the blue albatross, will I then be able to add a shiny new little Red one that can grow with the farm cash I earn and not have to invest RL dollars anymore?
I understand that there are some items that are a boon to own that you can only acquire with the gold/RL money, and that is fine. I just want more storage, and have calculated that I can have more with two Red barns than I currently have with one of each.

I appreciate any feedback and look forward to a wonderful new year of plowing fun!

Thank you,

Rennae M, Pennsylvania, USA
Post edited by Rennae (US1) on

Comments

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Yes. If you demo the blue barn you will then be able to build a 2nd red barn.  Farms are limited to two barns of any combination: 2 blue barns or 2 red barns or 1 red barn + 1 blue barn.  Hope that helps. :)
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 03.01.2022
    You do earn and win small amounts of gold at all the time

You will not gold back if you demolish it

I do think the Water Tower is the best use of your gold but do consider keeping at least the one blue barn and build it up slowly as you get gold

The huge difference in capacity will make events much easier
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    When I first began plowing my fields, I was dazzled by the lure of gold. I purchased the customary Red Barn using my earned farm cash, but then I also bought the blue one with gold. I did not realize how expensive it would be to upgrade the blue one and now would like to divest myself of it?
    Currently, when I go to the build menu, it says that I have reached my limit on both by having one of each. I have explored the farms of friends in my Co-Op and discovered that some have two RED Barns and no blue ones. If I demo the blue albatross, will I then be able to add a shiny new little Red one that can grow with the farm cash I earn and not have to invest RL dollars anymore?
    I understand that there are some items that are a boon to own that you can only acquire with the gold/RL money, and that is fine. I just want more storage, and have calculated that I can have more with two Red barns than I currently have with one of each.

I appreciate any feedback and look forward to a wonderful new year of plowing fun!

Thank you,

Rennae M, Pennsylvania, USA
    Yes. You have to demolish the spacious barns (the blue ones) in order to build the regular barns as there is a limit of two barns for the main farm.

The regular barn upgrades use farm dollars compared to the gold used for the spacious barn upgrades. I have two spacious barns and have managed to get them to level 8 without ever making any in-game purchases, but the upgrade cost is now 59,000 gold per spacious barn to get one of them to level 9. I would recommend that you can probably just upgrade the regular one with farm dollars and decide later on if you want to pursue the spacious barns when you can see how much gold you can collect from events at a higher level.
  • Rennae (US1)Rennae (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    Thank you all for your prompt answers. I had to retire on disability and cannot afford to spend too much cash on frivolous endeavors. What gold and diamonds I earn will have to suffice. I have demolished the blue one even though it was my favorite color. A shiny new baby red one has taken its place.

Happy New Year and keep on farming!
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Thank you all for your prompt answers. I had to retire on disability and cannot afford to spend too much cash on frivolous endeavors. What gold and diamonds I earn will have to suffice. I have demolished the blue one even though it was my favorite color. A shiny new baby red one has taken its place.

Happy New Year and keep on farming!
    You're welcome. As gold can be hard to collect, I would recommend to use it towards water towers and handbooks at the start and then use it for some other things as your farm continues to develop.

Happy New Year to you as well! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file