Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Is the game supposed to do this?

I just got to level 25 and started the Gourmet farm.

I started a new mission - Collect Dandelions.

I only have 1 field at this point, and can only get 1 harvest per mission, so can not gather enough to finish the mission.

I start building a house and a second field - around 2 hours' building time.

Start a second mission - Collect Dandelions. Still only 1 field, 1 harvest, not enough to register for the mission.

Start a third mission - Collect Dandelions. ------ditto-----

Got fed up with missions so took a break until the new field was ready.

Start a fourth mission - Collect Dandelions. With 2 fields and 1 harvest each I still can not harvest enough dandelions to finish the mission.

Start a fifth mission - Collect Dandelions. ------ditto-----

Start a sixth mission - Collect Dandelions. ------ditto-----

Start a seventh mission - Collect Dandelions. Aaaaaaaarggghhhhhhhhhhh.

Comments

• Uncle John (AU1)Uncle John (AU1) AU1 Posts: 8,688
    This game does have a few quirks  :¬(  7 dandy missions in a row is a real bi-ch though,
    Dandy missions are a recent addition and are not easy (or well rewarded), Are you using Humus, (ordinary, premium or super) ?  The dandelion Library book will also help, sooner or later it will appear in the offers (top left) at a sensible price (like 75% off)

• Ummm. Forgot all about humus :(

Library books will have to wait as I've just invested all my gold in the mine.

The good news is that I've now had a corn mission (had Lettuce growing), and Milk, so at least the goats can contribute :smile:
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 3,886
    @krazy Tygr
    The game is notorious for asking you to supply or gather items as soon as you level up to be able to build them. It's built in, and will happen with various items at different levels.
    For example, I remember needing a lot of cherries as soon as I unlocked the ability to build one .... still needed the space, the build time, the fertilizer, and production time ... needless to say, I had to pass on several things wanting cherries. The same will happen when you can build jam factories, you will get jam missions you just can't complete, for awhile.

In any case, when it does happen, just do what you can & don't fret for not filling something. In time, you will have enough. I'm not sure what you mean about "finishing" a mission, but if you gather at least 60 dandelions you will get at least some points for the mission. 

IMHO, it's a way to get players to use gold to push an item to harvest quicker, or use seaweed items. That's up to any player if they want to, but they can also decide to pass on the requests until they can fill them easier (whether it be a mission, the ship, a contract, an event, a task, etc).

As for how many you had in a row .... THAT is crazy, I don't think I have ever seen so many of 1 type in a row.
    2 is common, and I have seen 3 in a row quite a few times, but even 4 in a row is rare (at least from what I have gotten)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file