Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Farm name requirements

I wanted to name my fishing region "Perseverance," but the game doesn't seem to be accepting this name.  Any ideas why not?  I don't believe this word as inappropriate, so what is the issue?  The name goes along with a theme I have in naming my farms.

Comments

• it has sever in the word so won't accept it
  • it has sever in the word so won't accept it
    Really? I didn't know that fact.
  • nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 149
    Sever is inappropriate?  I wouldn't think it would be banned; that would imply 'cut' would be included in the banned list as well.  Would a mod would give a definitive answer?
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    really? I just thought it was too long as a word
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 06.04.2021
    There is a character limit, not sure what but you simply can't type any more when you get there

The tool tip says 'prohibited content', so my guess is as Dark Underworld suggests. 

The filter takes bits of words into account.

It would help if you could provide a screenshot of what you see when you try.   Not needed now :)

Edited to add

I asked about this and is the word 'perse'

Quite rude in Finnish apparently !!

Post edited by RosyStarling on
    Thanks, RosyStarling.  Too bad there isn't a distinction between full, acceptable words, and embedded words.

Here is my screenshot:

This wasn't as descriptive as your pop-up window above, so it left me guessing.

There is no hint when naming farms about the maximum number of characters, but by observation, I have seen others with 15 characters, so mine at 12 looked to be within that requirement.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    @nuke9104 (US1)
    Just a thought, an idea, a 'work-around';
    If 15 characters is allowed, you might see if you can still use the word, just separate syllables like a dictionary entry something like   per·se·ver·ance
    @nuke9104 (US1)
    Just a thought, an idea, a 'work-around';
    If 15 characters is allowed, you might see if you can still use the word, just separate syllables like a dictionary entry something like   per·se·ver·ance
    Nice idea!  Actually, I just did something like that, where I put a space just after the 'Per,'
    and that worked.  Not as pretty as your suggestion, but I'm not sure if those dots would be allowed as they say no special characters.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    If you find any words that are not offensive but are blocked, please report it to support or to us, we'll be happy to forward them to the team.

• Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    BugsBunny said:
    If you find any words that are not offensive but are blocked, please report it to support or to us, we'll be happy to forward them to the team.

Many of the Finnish words are so, not bad words but the game blocks them.
    But one player who is an expert to go around this block and like swear and say ugly things to me know how to swear at me even if such words are blocked.

So I think, how much help this block   :/
    But one player who is an expert to go around this block and like swear and say ugly things to me know how to swear at me even if such words are blocked.

This is intended because, the word filter is not specific for a single server, it applies to all the servers, there is a chance for other languages to be used in a server like International, which is why words in other languages are also filtered when being referred  to INT-1.

If you find a word that is not abusive in any language, but is blacklisted, please let us know and we'll be happy to have a look at it.
    BugsBunny said:

BugsBunny, I would suggest 'perseverance' should be blacklisted.
    BugsBunny said:

This is intended because, the word filter is not specific for a single server, it applies to all the servers, there is a chance for other languages to be used in a server like International, which is why words in other languages are also filtered when being referred  to INT-1.

If you find a word that is not abusive in any language, but is blacklisted, please let us know and we'll be happy to have a look at it.
    @BugsBunny Here is a Finnish word that the game does not accept because in it you can find another word, I think you know what I mean :) But this word "Heillä" in Finnish is not a bad word, and in Finnish be used very much.
    BugsBunny said:

At first glance and with a bit of research with the help of Google, this word doesn't really seem to be offensive.

Could you please send it to support with the reason why you think it's offensive?

BugsBunny said:

@BugsBunny Here is a Finnish word that the game does not accept because in it you can find another word, I think you know what I mean :) But this word "Heillä" in Finnish is not a bad word, and in Finnish be used very much.
    Can you please contact support in this regard?
    BugsBunny said:
    BugsBunny said:

At first glance and with a bit of research with the help of Google, this word doesn't really seem to be offensive.

Could you please send it to support with the reason why you think it's offensive?

BugsBunny said:

Can you please contact support in this regard?
    Ok :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file