Home Discussion Corner for the official announcements

[Discussion] Just In! February Update!

Comments

• "With this update, Apples, Dandelions, Pineapple jam, and Cherry jam will appear in missions. Those missions, especially jam missions, allow you to gain about 2.8 more reputation points in comparison to the existing items, like eggs and corn."
    I think Rosy was given some misleading information. 

after 1 round on the stackmaster, the jam missions indeed do not produce the same level of RP as other missions we are accustomed to (as other players have pointed out)

What I want to point out though, is that the #s Rosy reported are not necessarily wrong. Jam does give more RP per item harvested. The #s just don't take into consideration the small # of jam we're able to harvest at one time which is what gives less points per mission. We just don't have the possibility of harvesting large quantities of jam*, so we will never see that 2.8 more RP/item on RP/Mission which is what most of us look at (*without spending gold to push the harvests that is)

I recall other times in the past when suggestions were made to add gourmet farm items in missions, and the idea was struck down each time (to the best of my recollection). I can say now after trying them, I really still do not like the idea of dandies in missions, and I can visually see why others were so opposed to it when it was suggested in the past. They're do-able, but I'm not a fan.
    I got a Cherry Jam mission yesterday and I collected 180 Cherry Jams. I expected 4000 Reputation Points for that. But I got just 2,800 Reputation Points  :(
    FuriousDragon07 (IN 1), Leader of the coop United Farmers.
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/210372/all-indians-come-to-united-farmers
    “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” 
                                                                                                                       – Mahatma Gandhi                                                           

Thanks to @farmerjohn 22 (US1)
    For more details, click on CrazyBigFarm Site | Goodgame BigFarm Wiki 
  • When the game is searching for a new mission, I can no longer click on the tab to view my current missions or change mission settings.  This is new since the update, can we get that ability back again, please??  (assuming others are having the same problem)
    I have the same problem as you! :(

I too got the same problem as you two. I thought it must be some error with the server. 
    FuriousDragon07 (IN 1), Leader of the coop United Farmers.
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/210372/all-indians-come-to-united-farmers
    “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” 
                                                                                                                       – Mahatma Gandhi                                                           

Thanks to @farmerjohn 22 (US1)
    For more details, click on CrazyBigFarm Site | Goodgame BigFarm Wiki 
  • carien57 (NL1)carien57 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 35
    I think they try to slow down the ones with only fields they will never tell us. But if I look at the top 50 of best players in this event you see different names. 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,347
    I thought it would be interesting to mention that I have talked to quite a few players that generally get high reputation point scores in the CC and there is a mixed response about the apple and dandelion missions. But all of them are saying that the current set-up with the jam missions is not working at all. The amount of cherries being used is really hard to manage and the shelving amount is actually quite difficult to make, requiring two harvests of each recipe if you have one jam factory unless you can get a 25% gift on the jam factory and then you can shelve pineapple jam missions with one harvest. But this is really resource intensive just to be able to shelve these missions and gold is having to be used to get the shelving amount as even sitting in the missions for 30 minutes does not give enough production time to shelve. Not to mention the fact that lower level players without as many resources frequently cannot get out of sitting there for 30 minutes due to a lack of sugar, pineapples, cherries or a combination. And the reputation point output is honestly really bad for the amount of resources it takes up.

The apples and dandelions are definitely manageable for most farms, but these jam missions have a lot of issues that need to be worked through.
    ninjahuman @ au 1
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 478
    I think they try to slow down the ones with only fields they will never tell us. But if I look at the top 50 of best players in this event you see different names. 
    Here in nordic players, it's like the same player in the top 50 best players in cc but some who usually not get there now is there, but I think it depends on om many things.

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,597
    Apples are great

Dandelions are great ( Multiple ways to get dandelions )

Pineapple jam, is bad points, but then, fast forwarding with gold is cheap , so its gonna make good dollars :)

Cherry jam, is fairly bad , I prefer letting the mission run out at the moment, as i prefer to keep my sugar for Pineapple jam :)

Overall, it havent changed that much how you play missions , just like before , where corn and dung never had been great missions 

Each mission have their style

There might be a miscalculation in jam mission points, who knows :)

• mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344

There might be a miscalculation in jam mission points, who knows :)
    Yeah Exxy : There has to be a miscalculation or a bug or whatever, because this result cannot be right:
    I used gold just to get the amount of 358. But Seriosly these 6650 RP is supposed to be including 30% personale booster AND a 30% coop booster - Gonna have to be a joke or a bug.

Uh uh ...

1 Seaweed humus + SS dandelion ( which u can produce high amounts quickly in new lab )

Easy to shelve

Well, you know, purple resources?

They are quite simple to understand

Dont think you need any PhD to understand how it works :)

Obviously there is some more complex things, but some things are pretty simple

Dont grow anything in 1 specific garden , when dandelion mission appears , Plant 1x special seed of dandelions , Click on same garden, Add a Seaweed humus ( Purple ressource ) , Harvest , Click on mission, Hit Shelve

Next one :)

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 418
    I'm just a cat, so some of these things are beyond me. I play games for fun, so if I start needed a PhD in something I give it a miss. Thus I haven't touched the horse ranch since they brought in the update with all the equipment. I never could figure out the boosters so I never used them either. So is this going to make it simpler or shall I carry on ignoring them?

Personally I am ignoring the booster board as I have never used it either.   Missions I only do during the CC if I need certificates, so the new items don't bother me too much.   I play this game for fun too, I don't want to get bogged down by trying to do everything at once and getting stressed out over it.

Designed by FarmerJohn 22 (US1)
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 2,016
    Please keep your comments polite and respect others views

• kdc (US1)kdc (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    i realize the need to make a "reasonable" profit margin.
    But the constant ads to buy gold, the rigging of the game to force player to use and buy gold, is becoming very maddening.
    to spend real $ to get nothing in return seems silly.
    nothing against the gold buying members, but to me a marketing plan would be aimed at cheaper gold prices and to attract new members who would spend less but perhaps more often. It appears the game wants to milk the last $ out of the high spenders, and chase away the prudent gold buyers.
    In the end they have limited options, rely on the hard core spenders or attract new players who would spend less, but numbers would increase, hence revenue.
  • FarmerCli (US1)FarmerCli (US1) US1 Posts: 2,386
    edited 28.02.2021
    The Apple, Dandelion missions are good, and the Cherry Jam missions are okay, but the Pineapple Jam missions are just horrible.  Many players don't have the resources to even make the Special Pineapple seeds in the Lab, and cannot buy them in the Trade Center since it is not the season of the the island Temp Farm.  Some players cannot even use the special deals to trade seeds for premium seeds. Even if they did, that so called discounted deal rips the players off and is truly a bad deal.  Players lose all the way around.  I am finding that players will need to activate their Stackmaster in order to shelve the Pineapple jam mission so they can move on to the next mission.  All the "boasted about" increased reputation points are lost due to having to shelve the pineapple jam missions at zero harvest. So the overall gains of any other reputation points from other missions are decreased due to having to shelve missions at zero.  I think the Pineapple Jam missions ought to run only during the time frame of the Island Temp Farm.  This will give players a better chance at actually participating in the missions instead of having to shelve at zero.  My opinion.

Does anyone know what the shelving amount for cherry jam on a farm with only one level 9 factory and no other jam factories?  The reason I ask, is that players are considering demolishing 2 of their 3 jam factories so they can get their shelving amounts lowered from 405 to less than 100.
    Post edited by FarmerCli (US1) on

Photo taken by FarmerCli  (Front Porch View of Elk grazing in pasture) 2015

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 2,276
    @FarmerCli (US1) I have only 1 jam factory at the moment, level 9.  Cherry jam mission needed 135 to shelve (I can only make 110 at a time)
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 203
    edited 28.02.2021
    Now I ask again, but today I have accepted an invitation to a Coop. Later I would start a mission and it unfortunately sounded like 500 (and some) pineapple jam, which I can not make since I do not have the seeds.

I have not had such missions before, only flowers, feet and the like. easy. Is it because I've joined that Coop?
  • outawac (US1)outawac (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    I am confused with placing boosters on the board.  I just now paid 7M to activate one booster and placed it on the board--it has increased my harvest fine.    I seem to be stuck.   I can't access the list of boosters to activate another one.   Does the board only give you one spot?   Do I need to spend a huge amount of gold to increase the borders for more spots?   Obviously, this is my first time using the board and I can't find my way around.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.  
    outawac @ us 1
Sign In to comment.