Home EN Suggestions

Let's use Chum to make Mystery Boxes

SystemSystem Posts: 106,925
This discussion was created from comments split from: Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion].

Comments

• FarmerCli (US1)FarmerCli (US1) US1 Posts: 2,423
    edited 21.02.2021
    I am sad to see we no longer have a way to use up chum in our Labs.  I never use it in my DSF boats, but I am always making it since I do get Fishing XPs from doing so.  I used to be able to use the lab to make bronze and silver mystery boxes and now that is gone.  I sure hope something is changed so I can utilize the chum other than just direct sell.  Oh I know the contracts sometimes call for chum but those are pretty meager at best. Direct sell of the chum is not very cost effective.  I can get more farm dollars by just direct selling fish and bypass the making of chum.

So if we can't use the Labs anymore to make the mystery boxes, then maybe we can have some building (3 x 4 size) that can be placed on any farm where we can transform our unused chum into something fun like mystery boxes. :)
    Post edited by FarmerCli (US1) on

Photo taken by FarmerCli  (Front Porch View of Elk grazing in pasture) 2015

• domino666 (INT1)domino666 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 75
    i like this idea, would be ever so nice if it would be made possible  :)
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 5,562
    I agree. Making chum is great for fishing XP and for WWC points, but then we really don't use it after that. It is a choice, but I too never use it in my boats and had used some to make mystery boxes. All chum is made at a monetary loss, so it would be nice to be able to have the option to make something else with them. Something useful, but not necessary (by not necessary, I mean like jam is necessary to fill the boat, but while mystery boxes are nice and useful they are not necessary).
    The devs did say they are working on re-doing the lab again, perhaps they will add this option back into the lab (hopefully sans catalyst)
Sign In to comment.