Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

garage upgrades tied to players level?

Greetings all!
Just got a question from a coop member that I can't find an answer to and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I did check CrazyBigFarm, as I go there first for info for my coop members.
Member is currently level 76 and trying to upgrade his stacker machine. 
Are there minimum player levels required for building and upgrading the garage machines? If so, where could I find that intel to direct my member to?
Thanks for any guidance you can offer.
JF

Comments

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    In my experience, the Garage upgrade is not directly tied to player's level, generally speaking.  When a person starts out building a brand new farm, there are many side tasks they must do and each time they do it they build up XP points which enable them to level up.  One of the tasks is to open the garage to upgrade the Retro Vehicle to at least level 2.  Once they do this, then other vehicles are possible to open, but they need certificates and tool  boxes to be upgraded.  These items are obtained by farming and harvesting stables, fields and mills.  Yes this takes time and in the mean time the player builds XPs to level up.  So players technically do not need to be a certain level.  There are other aspects of the game that do: Temp Farms, Barnacle Ship, Horse Ranch, Horse Market, Horse Ranch Buildings and stumps, Dairy buildings, just to name a few.  I hope this helps.  :)
  • That's helpful CQ, thanks. I saw most of that information over at CBF's helper site and have also learned it thru trial and error on my own over the past couple years.
    Thing is, I just checked in with him and he said that when he went to double check at the garage stacker tractor, it said he needed to be level 81 to do the next upgrade to the stacker. It wasn't about missing tools or certs. It said he had to be L81 to upgrade it. He's currently L76, so not far off, but the baseline inquiry still stands for the other members of my coop.
    I'd ask him to do a screenshot but I have no way for him to get it to me within the game so I can upload it here for you to see.
    And I didn't start doing the garage until way late myself, so I was pretty leveled up once I started building and upgrading the garage machines. I don't remember ever hitting a player level ceiling to prevent me from upgrading in there, likely because I was in the hundreds on levels by that point.
    So I guess I'm back at part 2 of my original question...
    Since there seems to be player levels required to upgrade garage tractor/machines, where can I get a list, pdf, grid, or whatever to be able to answer this question in the future? I've got a lot of newbies and they're engaged at this point so I don't want to discourage them with guesses and "I don't know" responses. 
    Tks!
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 21.11.2020
    Like Chickadee I had not realised that you had to be a certain level  to have some Farm Machines and a certain level to upgrade further

I have asked about this and there are some machines you can't have until a certain level and upgrades are  linked to level

I wonder if someone ( @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) ?)  would collate the information?
    Thank you for that added information about the levels in the garage.  :)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Just checked my garage and the Stackmaster is actually greyed-out with a banner across it saying "Not available till level 81".  If we could find a lowlevel player, just built the garage, they could probably see all the constraints.
    True.  :)
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I've updated the Garage page with player level requirements. https://crazybigfarm.net/farm/garage.htm

The DE Mods have updated their Wiki with these level requirements for us, thank you
    https://bigfarm.fandom.com/de/wiki/Garage and thank you @RosyStarling for asking them about it.
  • Thank you all for the intel!
    I'll make sure to bookmark that page, CBF, and greatly appreciate you adding it to your site. It's been such a huge help for all these new players at the Ridge. You really are a treasure of a human being. :-)
    Sending all wishes for health and safety.
    Tks!!
    JF
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Thank you all for the intel!
    I'll make sure to bookmark that page, CBF, and greatly appreciate you adding it to your site. It's been such a huge help for all these new players at the Ridge. You really are a treasure of a human being. :-)
    Sending all wishes for health and safety.
    Tks!!
    JF
    ditto
  • fadedjean (US1)fadedjean (US1) US1 Posts: 181
    Can someone tell me where is the tractor garage with all the specialized ones that increased outpout?
  • fadedjean (US1)fadedjean (US1) US1 Posts: 181
    Eh,  nevermind, I found it (blinded by all the snow on the ground).
    Good! I am glad you found it.   :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file