Community Guidelines 2023
Welcome to the EN Community!
We created these Community Guidelines to maintain friendly and reasonable cooperation between our community members. We ask all users to carefully read these guidelines, and stick to them.
Please keep in mind that in addition to these guidelines, the general law also applies and violations will be punished with measures of the forum as well as any legal action.
Posting in the Big Farm Forums
- Generally, and most importantly: Be aware that there are many other users in the forums as well. Be polite and friendly to others, don't attack or insult other players, and respect other opinions as you would expect others to respect yours.
- Keep your posts readable. Don't post in all capital letters, misleading titles, excessive punctuation, non-standard languages or symbols, etc. If you visit from another Big Farm Forum, please don't forget the official language of this forum is English.
- Please don't "bump" your post immediately, if you feel you don't get an answer. Give our users at least 12 hours, better 24 hours to reply to a newly created thread or question before posting again as a direct reply.
- Before opening a new thread, check if a recent thread already covers a topic you'd like to talk about. Opening new threads about recently existing topics may result in a thread close or move of posts.
- Don't post external content (e.g. videos, images, songs etc) if you are unsure about the copyright situation. We don't want anyone to get into legal trouble because copyright wasn't respected. Generally, sources that offer a sharing option (YouTube, Instagram etc) should be fine to use.
- Please refrain from starting discussions/threads about religious or political topics and questions. Our EN forums contain all kinds of players from all nations, from all parts of the world, and what might be a simple religious or political issue for one community member might be really offensive and malicious to others. Discussion in this area might get out of hand quickly, and is potentially easily derailed by troll posts. We think there are other internet forums that are better equipped for this kind of discussion.
- As an exception, we usually allow threads about holidays, be they political or religious, as long as they don't cause offense or carry maliciousness against other groups or people, eg. Christmas, Hanuka, Eid-Al-Adha and many others. Reason being that these usually don't ask for political or religious opinion, discussion or affiliation, and are usually meant to be light-hearted and fun.
1. Moderators & CMs
Tasks and freedoms
II. For this reason, they have the right to intervene if the rules are not followed and can distribute warnings, edit, move or delete content created by users and - if necessary - carry out their right to determine who shall be allowed or denied access and thus block users.
Please bear in mind that the forums are Goodgame Studios´ property and even though you have the freedom to say whatever you want, we do have the right to decide which content and behavior we want to allow on our forums. This is no violation of the freedom of speech. e.g. Someone comes to your house and says something bad about you. It is his/her right to do so, but at the same time it is your right to make the person leave your house.
III. Moderators are allowed to have an own opinion and express it in the forums. They only need to make it clear when doing so.
II. When discussions or disputes reach a dead end, go too far or are otherwise unsolvable, the CMs and mods have the last word in the discussion. If the topic is subsequently declared by the team to be over, please do not bring this discussion up again in said topic.
If you see a problem in an individual case or are dissatisfied with a moderator's approach, send a PM with your valid criticism to the respective team member (or, if you prefer, to another team member), and of course we will discuss the problem with you. You can also include the CMs in these kinds of messages. Please note that if the topic you would like to raise is a moderation measure performed by the forum team we can only discuss this with you. Please bear in mind that examples should be included so that your concern and the situation can be understood fully. However, we do not want a moderation discussion to pull an existing thread away from the topic.
- Width: 600px
- Height: 220px (including texts, emoticons etc.) Images more than 200px high will be automatically resized to 200px
3. How to post something?
Before you’re posting you should be clear about what you want to say and what message you want to pass on. If you have a problem, for example, to put into the bug report, make sure to not only say “it doesn't work”, clarify what is actually not working and write it down. Please use precise and clear language and avoid posting in capital letters only, also avoid excessive usage of bold written words and the usage of non default font sizes. And please avoid multiple posts at (almost) the same time to not spam other users with notifications.
Is the forum the right place for my posting? Please always ask yourself this question before posting something on the forum. If e.g. you lost something in-game, the forum is not the right place. Instead you should contact our Support on this matter. The same goes for multi account reports, harassment reports and email address changes. Also if you receive a message to your email address asking you to contact support on a matter, do so since the forum members won’t be able to help you. If you experience a bug (a flaw in the game-play, performance or functions) you can post it in our forums in the corresponding section.
If you would like to discuss legal topics in the forum and demand an answer, please note that no employee from Goodgame Studios will ever get back to you on this in the forum. Legal matters are no content for the forum and can be discussed in private and will only be discussed in private. For further information on this topic please check HERE.
Behaviour & Consequences
The accumulation of penalty points can lead to temporary bans. Bans can also be performed instantly for severe cases. In special cases permanent bans can also be executed.
Please note: groups, especially private groups, are generally not monitored by the forum team. If we get information about legal issues, harassment or heavy cases of guideline violations or violations of the law, we will of course take the appropriate action, which may result in a close/deletion of the group and/or single infractions or bans for the responsible user.
1. Brutal, sexual or vulgar content
It is not allowed to post or use this kind of content as profile pictures or signatures. This includes posting and disseminating content which is rated M for mature and sexually explicit or pornographic material, as well as excessively brutal or violent content, images, or texts. Vulgar language is also considered in this category. Please note: content you post from other platforms like YouTube also has to align with this requirement and if they don’t align we will perform moderation measures.
- 2 point warning = For the usage of inappropriate/vulgar language.
- 3 point warning = For posting content on the forums, which shows anything that's pornographic, brutal or violent.
2. Imitation of GGS employees or modsIt is not allowed to imitate GGS staff or moderators in the forum. It is also forbidden to spread false information in the forum.
- 2 point warning = For slight/indirect imitation of GGS employees or moderators and for spreading false information in the forum while stating it to be true.
- 3 point warning = For open and direct imitation of GGS employees or moderators.
It is not allowed to spread open- or hidden racial or ethnic hatred, slander or symbols.
Please note: Also content you post from other platforms like YouTube has to align with this requirement and if they don’t align we will perform moderation measures.
- 3 point warning = For defamatory comments and insults which refer to negative stereotypes or prejudices on the basis of race, colour or ethnicity. No matter if those are made as general statements or meant as insults.
4. Interrupting moderation measures
It is not allowed to disrupt moderation measures, which includes starting quarrels or discussions about warnings, locks, etc, implying censorship or historical, negatively matched comparisons due to edits or deletions, and similar, discussion-seeking comments after a moderation action. It is also forbidden to reverse moderation measures by editing comments again or continuing posting on a certain topic even though moderators said not to. Every moderator action can always be discussed in a private chat with the moderator himself/herself and one of the CMs in a calm and friendly way.
- 0 point warning = For interrupting moderation measures by accident or if users are unaware of this being a violation.
- 2 point warning = For knowingly interrupting moderation measures to proof a point (in a heated discussion).
- 3 point warning = For knowingly interrupting moderation measures to create a disturbance and provoking the moderation team.
5. Spam and Trolling
It is not allowed to spam in our forums. This includes:
Repeated commenting with the same sentence, similar sentences, random letters / words
Contribution with the sole intention of causing a disturbance or causing concern
Trouble-making through quarrels, off-topic comments or deliberate destruction of a discussion
One-post comments like "LOL", "tl; dr", "First!" or similar meaningless comments
Abuse of post-reactions / reporting to harass other users. (Report abuse)
- 0 point warning = For repeatedly posting the exact same or a very similar comment without a harmful intention or for interrupting discussions unintentionally.
- 2 point warning = For repeatedly posting the exact same or a very similar comment to disrupt discussions or for writing comment in the forum which are meant to provoke other players whilst being aware this is forbidden.
- 3 point warning = For repeatedly posting the exact same or a very similar comment all over the forum to cause harm and chaos on the forum
6. Promoting competing products
It is not allowed to promote competing products (other forums, other games etc.) with the intention of luring players from our community to something else. Links to supporting private web pages, e.g. fan pages, wikis or blogs are usually allowed if the advertising is limited to signature and relevant postings. It is also completely fine to link to other games or even use screenshots in order to give us input for possible features or provide feedback to us about a game improvement.
- 0 point warning = For leaving the link to or talking about competing products while not being aware that this is forbidden or just wanting to offer it as an extension to the GGS games / forums instead of a replacement.
- 2 point warning = For leaving the link to or talking about a competing product and wanting people to join, based on the notion that the forum member who posting it doesn't want to play our game and is aware that this is forbidden.
- 3 point warning = For excessively promoting other competing products with the intention to enlist more and more players.
7. Handling Accounts
It is not allowed to create and maintain multiple forum accounts on the same language forum or to sell accounts on the forum.
- 2 point warning = For maintaining more than one account on the same forum and using them to interact in the forum and for trying to sell/gift game accounts on the forum whilst not being aware that this is a violation.
- 3 point warning = For maintaining more than one account on the same forum with the intention of supporting own threads or opinions, betraying warnings or blockings or creating the illusion or multiple users and for trying to sell/gift game accounts on the forum knowing this is forbidden.
Please note: If more than one account on the forum is being maintained all accounts but one (the oldest one) will be banned and the remaining account will get the above mentioned penalties.
8. Posting Conversations
It is not allowed to post text logs, PMs, email conversations, conversations with the forum team or the GGS support team.
- 0 point warning = For posting conversations etc. in the forum whilst not knowing this is a violation.
- 2 point warning = For posting conversations in the forum knowing this is forbidden.
9. Calling for Boycott
It is not allowed to call for a boycott of one of our games, purchases or the company itself direct or indirect.
- 0 point warning = For mentioning to stop purchasing premium currency without the intention to get people into joining him.
- 2 point warning = For indirectly calling for a boycott of one of the games, purchases or the company itself.
- 3 point warning = For directly calling for a boycott of one of the games, purchases or the company itself.
10. Posting NSFW content.
NSFW (Not safe for work) content should not be posted in any form including video, audio, textual, graphical form.
NSFW: not safe for work; not suitable for work: used in an email or other electronic communication as a warning that it contains or links to pornographic, offensive, or other content unsuitable for viewing at work or in public places.
We are serious about this, as people from various age group are a part of the community.
- 2 point warning = For posting such content without any harmful intentions
- 3 point warning = For posting such content even after repeated warnings.
- 3 point warning (ban) = For purposefully posting such content.
1. Naming and Shaming
It is not allowed to publicly discuss other players / alliances / cooperatives actions and behavior in the forum, this includes accusing other players / alliances / cooperatives of dishonest behaviour, such as cheating, hacking, alliance theft or similar things, and blaming them for certain things. If you really encountered a case of another player cheating, please contact support or our forum teams on this matter with evidences.
- 0 point warning = For discussing another players / alliances / cooperatives actions openly in the forum (e.g. using it as an example) or criticising those actions whilst not being aware that it is forbidden.
- 2 point warning = For criticising another players / alliances / cooperatives behaviour and actions openly in the forum knowing that this is forbidden.
- 3 point warning = For directly accusing other players / alliances / cooperatives of dishonest behavior.
2. Insulting and threatening
It is not allowed to insult or harass, openly or hidden, other players, mods or employees of GGS. This includes attacks or derogatory comments made against other users (mods and GGS employees included) in the forum, as well as attacks or disparagement of other users based on their personal opinion, language or spelling, gender or sexuality, origin or religion. Making inappropriate historical references fall under the same rule.
Note that insult or harassment depends not only on the terms used, but also the intention behind it.
Even if you feel like a statement about another user etc. is true for you, it can still be counted as an insult. Insults inside private messages towards moderators and GGS employees fall under the same rule.
- 0 point warning = For insulting other players, mods or employees of GGS using really mild insults or for indirectly insulting someone.
- 2 point warning = For insulting other players, mods or employees of GGS with rough insults or making subtle threats towards other players.
- 3 point warning = For openly threatening or heavily insulting other players, mods or employees of GGS.
3. Spreading or discussing private info from other players, mods or employees at GGS
It is not allowed to spread or discuss private information of other players, mods or GGS staff in the forums
- 3 point warning = For spreading and discussing private info from other players, mods or employees at GGS (Photos, addresses, social media profiles etc.)
Contacting the International Forum Team
If you want to contact the team, you are welcome to send us a Personal Message.
Our current team roster consists of:
CM Kara (Community Manager) - English/German
CM_Mystletainn (Community Manager) - English/German
BugsBunny (Board Moderator)
RosyStarling (Board Moderator)
If you want to reach our Support team, you can find the EN Big Farm Support at:
Gone but never forgotten
Latten (EN/DE Community Manager): 2013-2016
Nafaru (EN/DE Community Manager): 2013-2016
CM_Hunter (EN Community Manager): 2017-2019
CM Katsuo (EN/JP Community Manager): 2016-2022
Former International Moderators
These guidelines can and will be updated and extended if needed. In this case, we will notify you about all changes in this thread.
Song of the Month