Home› EN› Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Discussion: Update - Milkshakes, Pancakes and Tokens 💙

Comments

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Thank you @Dark Underworld (AU1) for pointing that out. The brakeage % is right but I placed the wrong fertilizer icon, all fixed now.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    How GGS decided on paying dollars for dairy items donated?  If I keep donating Dairy products, with no dollars in return, it is quite a drag on the rest of the farm.  I estimate it is 2-3 million a day of lost revenue.  This is insane, the other markets do not have this problem.
    @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)

do you have page which shows whether pie is more profitable than meringue cake, etc.?  When selling from inventory?  which products yield most profit?  .....like the one for mermaid bay
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 18.08.2020
    @gavinfarms (US1)  They all make profit if you don't do market for tokens.  Tokens are a huge loss as I posted earlier unless it has goldflowers in contract and these goldflowers are put onto peaches or cherries.  Market is really total waste of funds, for the dairy.
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    no I have no profit list @gavinfarms (US1), sorry

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    @ijrosh (US1)

You seen Fish/Coop village/Horse ranch tokens yet? :D
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    no i am thinking mabe they are the level 4 and 5 tokens.
  • pinklip (INT1)pinklip (INT1) INT1 Posts: 32
    edited 19.08.2020
    ok
    Post edited by pinklip (INT1) on
  • Is anyone seeing any advantage to the dairy?

I have 3 on my farm and outside of giving a few more pigs, or milk, or whatever ... I see it taking up valuable space and workers .... better used for cows or chickens.

Thanks for your input.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Is anyone seeing any advantage to the dairy?

I have 3 on my farm and outside of giving a few more pigs, or milk, or whatever ... I see it taking up valuable space and workers .... better used for cows or chickens.

Thanks for your input.
    I personally see no need of a dairy on my farm. It might make a difference to those who are heavily into competition, but space is more valuable to me for other things.
  • If you could choose the tokens, so you could get what would help you, but I have a lot of tokens I don't want or need so I can't fill any contracts because the token inventory is full of unwanted tokens.

I don't know how much time was spent bringing this dairy to the farm .. but I am thinking that time could have been used more wisely.
    edited 23.08.2020
    Use the tokens on something to use them up. I have been useing the unwanted tokens on apples or peaches. However the 200 limit is too low. It needs to be 500 or 1k. I find them to be very useful for the VF and some weekly's. But if you use gold to speed up stuff and fill the contracts the 200 limit is just too low.
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    The tokens are very useful!  When used effectively they can add a lot of production.  For instance the pig token placed on a level 9 pig will yield an extra 1000 pigs and that can be important when one is in a pig mission, even if you can only use the token 1 time.  The egg token on the Viking ducks will yield an extra 425 eggs and since there is only a 10% breakage on the Viking ducks, you will probably be able to benefit for several more harvests.  So you see they do add value to missions and to Village Fair challenges.  Of course if you desire, you can just direct sell your dairy products.  Since this is a new thing, I think the 200 limit of tokens may stay as it is.  In time things may change.
  • The tokens are very useful!  When used effectively they can add a lot of production.  For instance the pig token placed on a level 9 pig will yield an extra 1000 pigs and that can be important when one is in a pig mission, even if you can only use the token 1 time.  The egg token on the Viking ducks will yield an extra 425 eggs and since there is only a 10% breakage on the Viking ducks, you will probably be able to benefit for several more harvests.  So you see they do add value to missions and to Village Fair challenges.  Of course if you desire, you can just direct sell your dairy products.  Since this is a new thing, I think the 200 limit of tokens may stay as it is.  In time things may change.
    Sorry, your words aren't giving me a reason to keep the dairies. The tokens constantly break. It takes a lot of goods to make the dairy products. Each dairly takes a lot of space and a lot of workers AND they upgrade automatically whether you have the workers or not. Tropical cows are a much better choice for that space - for missions and for cash.
    edited 24.08.2020
    @Abby_Cadabby (US1)

1 Dairy makes about 250k profit per 10 hours 
    Well, counting for Meringue cake ( which u need them level 6 )

I doubt, cows or anything else, gives anything comparable for the same squares it occupies :)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Oh another disappointing discovery!  I put a donkey token on my Viking Donkey.  Donkeys are great for dung missions.  My level 9 Viking Donkeys give a normal amount of dung of 480 for the 757 donkeys (without token).  With the token, I receive an additional 500 (constipated) donkeys.  Those extra donkeys need some laxatives! Why don't the extra donkeys produce dung?  :(  
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 24.08.2020
    You don't get extra dung when you sparkle a stable, and the Tokens work the same way. Only extra animals, not extra dung

I will double check on this though

edit --  correction
     I'm told tokens give no "side" product (dung, leaves), no drop (gold, ...) and are not impacted by sparkles

Post edited by RosyStarling on
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    Yes , with the limit of 200 tokens

We have to identify / set our buildings , with our favorites

I'm trying to set what i want from specific buildings like apples, on Orange fertilizer

So i can just changed the feed used , to have a different type of yield

And some tokens , like roses , violets , rapaseeds , are pretty much token, u want to set on apples/almonds blue seeds, just to get rid of them slowly :)

You don't get extra dung when you sparkle a stable, and the Tokens work the same way. Only extra animals, not extra dung

I will double check on this though

edit --  correction
     I'm told tokens give no "side" product (dung, leaves), no drop (gold, ...) and are not impacted by sparkles

Thank you Rosy! Looks like we've all have a lot to yet learn about the use of these tokens!  So far it appears that some work toward the benefit of missions and others to the benefit of Village Fair and others for the benefit of CHWE/HWE. For now it appears that the following tokens work well for CC/ML missions: Eggs (ducks) Milk and Pigs.  Perhaps a select few of the field tokens (corn, rutabaga, WF, alfalfa) can be placed on orchards and apiaries that are not a part of the ML/CC. But that is not very efficient as we'd need to go back and forth from farm to farm and during missions to collect the extra mission items, and time is of the essence.
    i have found that seeing how i dont care about farm dollar loss. setting a chicken with a any CC iteam is great. yes it is more then likely only going to be a 1 time use but saves me seaweed seeing how a chicken takes less then the 30min.
    @ijrosh (US1)

If u have a few large cowsheds , they are fast ( cheap to skip with a few gold ) (using cow sillage )

and will last 2.5 times in average for a token

Large cowsheds with cow sillage have an amazing of 40% breakage rate, which is extremely good, for the time of harvest :)
    @ijrosh (US1)

If u have a few large cowsheds , they are fast ( cheap to skip with a few gold ) (using cow sillage )

and will last 2.5 times in average for a token

Large cowsheds with cow sillage have an amazing of 40% breakage rate, which is extremely good, for the time of harvest :)
    Thanks for the info!  :D  The more info I can glean the better.  :D
    Can GGS please give us an answer?  Will there be an update that causes us to get paid for giving all of these products to the marketplace?

Otherwise, I am leaning toward removing the dairies.  I am having a hard time seeing how this helps the game in any way.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Can GGS please give us an answer?  Will there be an update that causes us to get paid for giving all of these products to the marketplace?

Otherwise, I am leaning toward removing the dairies.  I am having a hard time seeing how this helps the game in any way.
    you are wanting tokens and farm dollars for the dairy contracts? hmmm, think that would defeat the purpose of this whole thing...  or do you want to see the product show up in the organic market?

If you want cash, just sell the product outright...

hopefully you will get an answer from GGS on this :)

Well you do get extra products when you use the tokens on your orchards and animals, and those extra products can be sold directly or in organic contracts.  Some of them will benefit you in missions during the Cooperative Championships and also during the Village Fair.  You can use the flower tokens also and at harvest you will get those and make money by selling them.  The other alternative is to sell directly all the products you harvest out of the Dairies so it is not a loss. Just a thought. I do not believe that there will be any update that includes payment in addition to the tokens, at least not in the near future.
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    I think its pretty random

but it is said in description, that the higher the level of the bonus contract , the higher chances to get rarer tokens

I'm up to 21 as we speak, starting to see level 3 tokens ( i like them )

and it seems a bit random :D
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Not too sure exactly

I only completed 1 contract with level 3 tokens

But i just realized Goldflower tokens at level 3, are pretty good , gives 400 Goldflowers

That alone, on a Long peach or Long cherry is worth in average 2M dollars

Also notived, a Level 3 Corn token, gives 1700 Corn , its actually more than double the quantity of a level 2 Corn token

I'm always keeping my eyes open, Will share, anything i see :)
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
Sign In to comment.