Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Apr 22nd - Step Up a Level With Your Horse! - Discussion

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • SnoopyCk (US1)SnoopyCk (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    I'm with you!! If BIG changes for the better don't happen quickly, this is the last time I will do a tournament! Which means I will no longer need to worry about the boats and islands. Ridiculous!

rsny (US1) said:
    Oh goody.  More ways for my horse to loose races.

I love it.  <3  <3       (sarcasm) :)     I give up on this whole racing thing that used to be fun.

• Since I didn't see the breeding quality for every horse in the stable after the update, how can I complete this task?
    I do believe the "breeding quality" indicates the number of times you breed the horses...It will take a while since I think the number of times is four...not sure now about the number of times, but you can check your horses' genealogy to see how many time they were bred in the stable. Then just keep trying as long as your horseshoes last.  But your point is well pointed out and it is not fair to new farmers trying to get established in the Horse Ranch to have their tasks be so outdated that completion of them is virtually impossible.  I do hope the Mods see this and direct the issue to the Team for correction.  I feel for you! 
    @CIN SOON (INT1) The disappearance of the breeding quality is a bug  & has been reported, if they had intentionally removed it, they would have removed the related tasks as well (at least one would hope so lol)

@FarmerCli (US1) The breeding quality affects (or at least used to affect) the chance of getting better breeding effects when you breed your horse. - The higher the quality level of the horse, the higher the numbers on the breeding effects generated.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @FarmerCli (US1)  It's only a small improvement but when you go to equip your horse ther are a set of radar buttons, All, Jumping, Dressage, Racing. Click one and all the other equipment disappears. It does save some scrolling but, as you say, it should be pre-selected based on the discipline we are competing in.
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    I want to be able to demolish the buildings on the horse farm.  I am tired of having to go there to harvest garbage.  The mine will only be used for mining gold so that makes the smelter something I will never be able to use.

I will never be using the other buildings either now.

I tried loading up my horse a few times with the crap I made.  Surprise!!! My horse lost to a horse that I would have easily beat before this wonderful new stuff.   

The fun and challenge of trying to improve a horse so that it would win is gone.

• didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    I have found out something new - to me at least... ;)

I too thought that it kept choosing the wrong horse when  I wanted to horserace.
    I thought I had 1 good horse - who is alround 'so so good') and Level 121.
    But, since it kept on choosing this other horse  I double checked the numbers of succes.

I found that another horse I have (level 97) is actually better at racing than the one I preferable have been using. ...
    So if anybody out there, has problems with the wrong horse being automatically chosen, try check the numbers, they might make sense after all.
    My first post also stated that I'm only now racing too strong horses,- well this is not true anymore, seems like it has evened out and that I might reach platin as I used to. (To early to tell exactly - but I do win more challenges than earlier this week, so the hope is still green')

Happy Sunday all!
    -didah
  • I have always enjoyed the horse part of the game. It is far too complicated now.  It takes so long to upgrade trees and buildings that I can't waste my time.  I have other buildings to upgrade that are more important.  To upgrade a stump takes too long.  7 hours?  I read the information about all of the new horse updates and changes and it doesn't even make sense to me.  It is like a whole new game and not worth the effort of changing things.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    Another thing that has been bugging me about the 'improved' horse ranch and competitions:
    Who ever thought you would need 11 saddles or 8 pairs of boots in a single race? GGS: what planet are you from?
  • JamieFraser (US1)JamieFraser (US1) US1 Posts: 96
    edited 26.04.2020
    Another thing that has been bugging me about the 'improved' horse ranch and competitions:
    Who ever thought you would need 11 saddles or 8 pairs of boots in a single race? GGS: what planet are you from?
    Ditto!! At first they either used one of each per race or I just didn't notice those first couple days. Then the update happened and all of a sudden I can't even produce the saddles and helmets fast enough to keep up. It's really tickin' me off! At first I was liking the horse farm changes but now? Nada. It's a gold grab. Again.
    (BTW MRG1, todays episode of OLDR was very different from the books, a LOT was cut out including some crucial things that impact the futures of all the characters. But the episode itself was wonderful. If they had to compress it, they did it well.)
  • I spend a lot of time training up my horses.  I have spent gold on some horses to get the better breeding qualities.  I have several "Uncommon"  and several "Rare" horses.  I had one that I finally bred that came out "Exceptional" (level 4).  Today I noticed the breeding quality symbol is gone.  When I went to the stable and picked two of my high level "Rare" horses to breed, the resulting offspring was going to be a "Common" low value horse. To say that I am a little upset about that is ridiculous!!  And I went to the horse shop and they are still selling horses for gold. I think you people need to rethink your reasoning on this!!
    Whether it makes no difference with the new format, I see no harm in leaving the breeding quality symbol..
  • Lnwolf (US1)Lnwolf (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    I'm with you!! If BIG changes for the better don't happen quickly, this is the last time I will do a tournament! Which means I will no longer need to worry about the boats and islands. Ridiculous!

rsny (US1) said:
    Oh goody.  More ways for my horse to loose races.

I love it.  <3  <3       (sarcasm) :)     I give up on this whole racing thing that used to be fun.

I stopped doing anything on the horse farm few days ago.   Only thing I am doing on my farms is the candy farm since I sank around 35k gold into it.  Been spending 30-40k each event because of the horseshoes. I just don't care for the new horse system. Others like the new more complex time extensive horse farm and glad they enjoy it. It was, for me.  by far the most relaxing part of the the game.
    The horse farm was the center of my playtime was fun to level up horses and run tournaments  
  • kazhmeer (US1)kazhmeer (US1) US1 Posts: 8
    Horse ranch is a bummer.  I start to think I get it and then pow -  blows my mind by not working how I thought it would.   If I don't put on equipment I may as well not play as lose every race.  Takes hours to make right equipment to use for 1-2 races which more often lose to low level horse.  And some stuff I made don't work on my best horse -as restricted.  I don't get how to use stuff I made in smelter and I don't know where are the instructions for all this so that I can understand how to use stuff and play my horses anymore. Almost going to quit Big Farm as just gotten more frustrating then fun. 
  • I spend a lot of time training up my horses.  I have spent gold on some horses to get the better breeding qualities.  I have several "Uncommon"  and several "Rare" horses.  I had one that I finally bred that came out "Exceptional" (level 4).  Today I noticed the breeding quality symbol is gone.  When I went to the stable and picked two of my high level "Rare" horses to breed, the resulting offspring was going to be a "Common" low value horse. To say that I am a little upset about that is ridiculous!!  And I went to the horse shop and they are still selling horses for gold. I think you people need to rethink your reasoning on this!!
    Whether it makes no difference with the new format, I see no harm in leaving the breeding quality symbol..
    @AmazingSophia8 (US1) Fear not, your icon will return & it is also still there having the same effect that it always did, you just cannot see it at the moment (display bug). 

Where it says in the ranch guide that "6.  Rarity Level - does not have any particular impact at the moment" that is referring to the new racing/challenges system, the impact of the rarity value, with regards to giving better effects when breeding, is still active.

Hopefully the icon will be back with the next update, at least that is the current plan. :) 
  • Elohim (NL1)Elohim (NL1) NL1 Posts: 99

I hope that the next update will also address the horsemeadow problem in regards to the defense points .
    As soon as you leave the horsemeadow, all build up defense points are gone. This is especially a problem if this concerns your best horse.
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
  • Elohim (NL1)Elohim (NL1) NL1 Posts: 99

Thank you for explaining.

Maybe I see this wrong, but I think it depends on how long your horse stays in the meadow and completes training. I see that if your horse stays only for a short period and only completes a few training sessions, all stable breeding effects remain the same. Only there will be an addition to the breeding effects of the meadow. So the stable breeding effects remain the same and the horse's level remains the same but accumulated defense points are removed. That does not seem logical to me, certainly not if you have already built up defense points for several months. It then becomes very unprofitable to install your best horse in the horsemeadow for a short period of time.

Moreover, if you can only go to the horsemeadow with your best horse in the period between the races, that is only for a week at the most. In this period you can never (or only with gold) complete a full training in the horse meadow. Perhaps maybe it is better to follow the full training for as long as it takes, and than take the lost defense points for granted....??

• Exaliber (NL1)Exaliber (NL1) NL1 Posts: 52
    is the server down?
  • Exaliber (NL1)Exaliber (NL1) NL1 Posts: 52
    he,s back,  cone for 10 min.  strange?
  • trying the buildings on the horse farm, not sure i like them, but one needs material-  where is the smelter?? cant find it!! 
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    edited 27.04.2020
    @The Laurel (US1)  You have to construct the smelter first.

• Nelie (NL1)Nelie (NL1) NL1 Posts: 21
    Onze coöperatie "Natuur 2020"kan al de hele avond niet inloggen, wat is er mis

Help weet niet waar ik de vraag anders moet leggen

• trying the buildings on the horse farm, not sure i like them, but one needs material-  where is the smelter?? cant find it!! 
    It is there.  You have to build it. It takes either 8 or 10 hrs. to build...
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Is Golden Week going to run?
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    How come ?? I produce all the equipments, I add it to the horse, and even if it is a much lover level horse I will loose. When I do like in the old days (a little week ago) I winn. Frankly GGS I do NOT believe you. All this extremely complicated stuff is not changing anything. Every winn or loss is still as random as ever. 

AND , when I have produced 5 saddles to the spring, I use 1 add it to a horse, and right after that I do not have any left - Why not ? Where did the 4 others go ??

AND, would someone please explain to me, how you work with the defence items - I have no clue
  • I don't understand why this game took our horses and changed them as they did in.  The directions aren't written very well on what you are suppose to do with them.  Just start over.  My horse was fun and did very well racing.  I looked forward to it.  Suddenly, it was changed and I see garbage all over my mine area that I can't click away..  That use to happen during things like egg hunts.  I have watched my horse for the last few days that I kept training and he won races most of the time.  He stopped winning.  I read the new rules and took him down to retrain.  Now that I saw him so sad and the new training method seems like another long process.  He will just sit in his stable and mope.
  • RocketOz (AU1)RocketOz (AU1) AU1 Posts: 15
    Well I have played many games over the years, usually for a fair number of years on each one, however this is the first time that a game has taken a part of the game and turned it into a huge black hole.
    The horse ranch is a joke too much effort and time. The worst of it is when you challenge YOU have 3 slots available, Your competitor has unlimited because if you look on each obstacle they have mostly minus 3 how can that be with only 3 slots.
    It went from a fairly good reward for effort to no reward for lots of effort that just cant help.
  • Terri8 (US1)Terri8 (US1) US1 Posts: 141
    I was really hoping that the horse ranch would have its own construction slot, especially now with upgrades available for buildings and trees, and about a million tree stumps to upgrade!  Also i am not understanding what items I have or how to use them in a race.  And I can't make any more because It says my storage is full but I cant figure out how to use them up so I can make some more.  Its all a little too complex for me right now.
    I agree with you, it is to confusing for me right now.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Since this so called New Update for the Horses, I have been losing races more then before, at this rate I will never be able to get back to the gold section of the race, I never could get higher then the gold one per race, but now I can not even get to the gold, I thought this was suppose to be better not worse, :(
  • The horse ranch is no longer fun. It's overcomplicated, badly explained, and the parts I actually enjoyed are gone. In short, yet another thing I enjoyed about BF that's been ruined. I've been playing for five years, and many changes have pleased me, but this one? Sucks. 
Sign In to comment.