Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse Ranch Guide

Comments

• DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I really am not figuring it out.  I keep doing basic stuff in the hopes one day it will make sense.
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    I have come to the point where I am able to produce a saddle or whatever I want - BUT I can still not figure out how to implement that easily (note - I mean easily) to the horse chosen. It ask´s me to produce, then get a notice that I don´t have room, try to add, but is asked to produce and the circle is there, . End-point - I don´t care anymore 
    AND - WHY do we have to have 10+ different saddles to choose from ? Is that really neccesary ??

I love the idea about having a lot of trees on the horsefarm, så I will just sell everything and upgrade the trees  when I have enough currency. All the rest of this - just forget it

• Elohim (NL1)Elohim (NL1) NL1 Posts: 99
    I have come to the point where I am able to produce a saddle or whatever I want - BUT I can still not figure out how to implement that easily (note - I mean easily) to the horse chosen. It ask´s me to produce, then get a notice that I don´t have room, try to add, but is asked to produce and the circle is there, . End-point - I don´t care anymore 
    AND - WHY do we have to have 10+ different saddles to choose from ? Is that really neccesary ??

There is only room for 10 different horse items. You can buy places for 20k gold per place which is useful but NOT really necessary.

What you describe is that your storage is full. You already have 10 different horseitems in your storage. So you have to start using your horse items. This creates space again to manufacture new items. My storage is never full because I use them all the time.

Horse items I use depending on what opponent I have to race, and what course I have to run. In the beginning it takes some time to analyze which items you can use best, but after a while you will get handy. Remember that what seemed very difficult in the beginning is not so bad after a while if you know the game.
    IF we could even figure out how to get the items into a usable position!
  • zebra5 (US1)zebra5 (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    I have been able to produce items but the USE button is never enabled for me.  When I hover over it I get "Horse cannot be equipped with this item."  Help?
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    i got the use button to work a couple times when i had the dots lines up. ..BUT THEN..its stopped working and the "use" button greyed out again.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I suspect that the equipment you are trying to choose is not for the discipline that you are trying to compete at.
    So if you are choosing to compete at showjumping, when you go to choose equipment, click the showjumping button. That way you will only be shown equipment that you can use in this discipline.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    see the 3 things i circled? they go to the 3 different types of racing.

type 1.

2.dressage

3.raceing

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    if you were to have the saddle from the first picture that is circled. you would go to the truck. make sure racing was selected. then you would click the bottom view button. then to the right were those green + are you would click that then that would let you add it. then you would race. i am thinking it uses 1 equipment for each obstical in each race. so in that last picture for the saddle in the first picture it would use 12 if you have them.
    edited 16.04.2020

It all depends on which breeding effects your horse has and what competence you want to race.

For example if you do not have the breeding effects elegance, jumping or speed you cannot install the leg wraps.

Leg wraps allow you to switch points that you have from these 3 competences into another.
    Let say you have the breeding effect elegance (dressage) but you want to play showjumping, With the right  legwraps installed you can exchange the points of elegance  into points for showjumping (28)

With the other 3 breeding effects of strength, condition and agility Level 1+ you can install the  boots .

You need  to have an empty slot for Blankets.

There are no restrictions for saddles and caps.

I hope this helps a bit to understand how the horseitems work
    Post edited by Elohim (NL1) on
    Thank you all for your suggestions.  It worked for three races, then I couldn't place things.  I will continue to fool with it and watch for more posts here and hopefully I'll get somewhere!  GGS really needs to publish a how-to when they introduce complicated new features.
  • Granny67 (US1)Granny67 (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    I agree. I hate this new horse ranch. I produce products but can't store many so no help there

• Setting up Counter Challenge equipment. As you already know, the counter challenge takes place in the background. You cannot decline it. Every selected horse for each discipline can have two pieces of the pre-selected horse equipment for the counter challenge. This selected equipment can improve the horse’s value in the challenge and is free of charge.

How do you set up counter challenge equipment?

@CoolDianne (US1)
    Competition Transporter, 2nd tab, where you select which horse will defend against challenges
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    How about adding the horse currencies display to the horse ranch so we don't have to open the stable every time we want to know how many of the different horseshoes we have.
    Could this horseplay PLEASE stay with the horse selected, when shifting pages and obstacles. It is damned irritating, that it is NOT the horse selected in the first place, that shows up. You need to have a close eye on the horse and shift to the right one - ALL THE TIME - PLEASE stay with the one selected 

Could this horseplay PLEASE stay with the horse selected, when shifting pages and obstacles. It is damned irritating, that it is NOT the horse selected in the first place, that shows up. You need to have a close eye on the horse and shift to the right one - ALL THE TIME - PLEASE stay with the one selected 

Do you have the"Automatically Select Best Horse" box ticked ?
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    edited 18.04.2020
    Too complicated. Too busy to sit and analyse each individual race and select the proper equipment each time. Even when I do take the time to add the proper equipment for the type of competition I choose, I lose much more than I win, even against horses far lower level than mine. 

Nice improvement, (as usual) GGS.        <==== heavy sarcasm in case you weren't sure.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 18.04.2020
    It looks like an ecological disaster.
    Why on Earth didn't they make them tree sprouts instead of a clear-cut nightmare?
    Edited because I cannot spell tonight.
    Okay, I found something.  SOMETIMES, when I click on a piece of equipment, I am told the horse needs to have "+1 endurance" to use it and it shows the speedometer icon that we associate with endurance training. Well, I have a horse that supposedly has +1 RACING.  It doesn't say ENDURANCE.  So I can't put the equipment on it.  Similarly, I have a horse with +1 jumping, although the jumping equipment calls it STRENGTH (again, using the same barbell icon).  So does this mean that GGS switched the terminology mid-stream and thus broke the whole thing?
    Horse meadow points don't count. I know it is confusing - they have the same icons as the breeding effects.
    But only with breeding effects you can install horse items.
  • sueraney (US1)sueraney (US1) US1 Posts: 104
    I love the challenge of the new things to make and use...although it is confusing it is all coming together to improve the horse's progress in each race.  I will not be spending the outrage amounts of gold.  I do like the change, I just have to devote a little more time on the horse ranch than I was.
    I had 19 Agile Jumping Boots
    I asked it to craft another 11 
    It used the raw materials but stock remained at 19/30
    When trying to assign these to a horse there is a "Find Equipment in Storage" button
    I clicked that and it showed 2 slots of Agile Jumping Boots, one containing 19/30 and another containing 11/30
    It is occupying 2 of my 9 slots and preventing me crafting other things !!!  grrrrr   :¬(
    @WiseWing Could you report this please  :¬)

• fastpat (US1)fastpat (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    how do we save the mushrooms for the tannery?  dont know anything about the new stuff on the horse farm

Do you have the"Automatically Select Best Horse" box ticked ?
    No I have one chosen horse for all disciplines

BUT... they randomly select another horse, even though YOU have selected one.  CAUTION!!  When you check that it is correct on the first race... it can randomly switch horses for next races.  Sooo bizarre!
  • Julie05 (US1)Julie05 (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    My Saddler's workshop is not working... seen i bought a addition equipment slot for the crafting it keep saying my storage is full.. that is why i bought additional slot but still not working.. please help 
    Julie05 
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    BUT... they randomly select another horse, even though YOU have selected one.  CAUTION!!  When you check that it is correct on the first race... it can randomly switch horses for next races.  Sooo bizarre!
    Never check the box at the bottom to automatically select horse or it will do as you say...

Choose your horses individually!
  • LeMoi (US1)LeMoi (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    Anyone else finding the labels are missing on the new ranch..?

Opera browser shows labels correctly. Mozilla/Firefox shows empty labels. I didn't try any other browsers. So it seems a browser specific issue. I sent a note to support. Let's see.
  • Morgane (US1)Morgane (US1) US1 Posts: 83
    Something that worked well, was easily understood, and liked by most, is now too complex for 95% of the players to figure out.
    Then if you do figure it out, you are spending 20 times as much time just to get daily races in...I can harvest all 3 regular farms faster than I can get in 8 - 10 races this new way...
    Then you get the races in only to find out it is virtually impossible to get past the Gold level any longer...All that work for 300 Gold?...REALLY?
    Goodbye Platinum...Goodbye horse racing seasons...
    GGS took a good thing and totally ruined it. Time spent fixing other bugs/things would have been soooooo much better use of programmers time and resources.
Sign In to comment.