Horse Ranch Guide
Update Mar 31st, 2020 brings the following changes and new features to the Big Farm Horse Ranch:
Existing Horse Values provide new impacts on the tournament challenge
1. Horse Level
Horse Level determines the time required to reach the first obstacle or track of the challenge. The higher Level leads a quicker start.
2. Horse Attribute: Strength
This attribute has an effect on the progression (improvement) for mastering the obstacles “Blue Ox-Fence”, “Sand Heap”, “Flower Bed Volte” in each of three disciplines, respectively.
3. Horse Attribute: Endurance
This attribute has an effect on the progression (improvement) for mastering the obstacles “Red Cross Fence”, “Mud Hole”, “Triple Tree Chicane” in each of three disciplines, respectively.
4. Horse Attribute: Dexterity
This attribute has an effect on the progression (improvement) for mastering the obstacles “Green Double Fence”, “Ground branches”, “Parade March Gate” in each of three disciplines, respectively.
5. Breeding Effects
Decreasing the chance of balking behavior and increasing the change of rushing behavior at the obstacles “Blue Ox-Fence”, “Sand Heap”, “Flower Bed Volte”
Decreasing the chance of balking behavior and increasing the change of rushing behavior at the obstacles “Red Cross Fence”, “Mud Hole”, “Triple Tree Chicane”
Decreasing the chance of balking behavior and increasing the change of rushing behavior at the obstacles “Green Double Fence”, “Ground branches”, “Parade March Gate”
Increasing the chance of rushing behavior in the Dressage and increasing the change of balking behavior in the other two disciplines.
Increasing the chance of rushing behavior in the Racing and increasing the chance of balking behavior in the other two disciplines.
Increasing the chance of rushing behavior in the Jumping and increasing the change of balking behavior in the other two disciplines.
6. Rarity Level - does not have any particular impact at the moment
7. Meadow Generation - does not have any particular impact at the moment
With the change of the impacts of the horse values, from now on, each horse has three different potential behaviors when it is passing an obstacle in the course of the challenge.
Regular - The horse passes each obstacle with the regular speed.
Balking - The horse passes each obstacle slower. (Longer time required as usual)
Rushing - The horse passes each obstacle faster. (Shorter time required as usual)
Hint: The attributes of the horse will determine exactly how quickly (or slowly) the horse will pass each obstacle or track. Training your horse will increase its performance (speed).
Horse Training Dialog
You can use each training such as Strength, Endurance and Agility (Dexterity) to improve your horse values like before. The training system hasn’t changed much, but the new dialog provides existing horse values in a different way. Each horse attribute is requested by one obstacle of each discipline. For example, the image below shows how your horse performs on each obstacle (the panel on the left side). You can also see how much time each behaviour of your horse after training gains (the panel on the right side).
Horse Tournament Challenge and Season
You have the choice of three disciplines in which you can compete: Jumping, Racing and Dressage. At every discipline you have the choice of one competitor out of three. Each discipline offers its own slightly different course structure and challenge rewards.
In the Tournament challenge dialog, you can see the course beforehand and its challenges (e.g what kind of obstacles are set up and what attribute each obstacle requires, etc.). So the player can pick up the best horse from their selection strategically for the challenges they are going to face.
Each challenge (course) contains a number of obstacles that can be anticipated in the tournament challenge dialog. There are three different kinds of obstacles that relate to the three attributes of the horse. They are Strength, Endurance and Dexterity. The attributes of the horse influence how the horse can pass each obstacle.
Discipline 1 - Jumping:
Red Cross Fence
- Green Double Fence
Discipline 2 - Racing
Discipline 3 - Dressage
Parade March Gate
Triple Tree Chicane
Flower Bed Volte
The following information is displayed in the Tournament challenge dialog:
- Course - You can see all obstacles on a course by clicking on the green arrow.
- The Horse Panel - provides two different views
Items that your horse is equipped. You can also add items on the panel.
Attributes and Breeding effects
- The Opponent’s Horse Panel
You can check your opponent’s horse for what kind of horse values (Attributes and
Breeding effects) it has.
Items that the opponent horse is equipped with are displayed as question marks.
- The Horse Ability Panel
You can see all information of how your horse would perform in the selected challenge.
- Energy Cost for a challenge
Once you click on the green “Start” button, the challenge animation will start and then you will get the challenge results instantly.
With this update, new items, Horse Equipment, for the horse challenge will be introduced. All items allow you to support your horse by equipping it before the challenge takes place. Each equipment has a unique effect (positive and negative) on the different horse values and others. The equipment can be produced in the new production building, Saddler’s Workshop.
With the saddles you can improve the balking and rushing behaviors of your horse if your horse shows these specific behaviors while passing obstacles or tracks.
The Boots can increase the chance to get a rushing behavior while the horse passes obstacles or tracks. You can improve only breeding effects that your horse already owns.
The Riding Caps can improve your challenge reward while the horse passes obstacles or tracks by rushing behavior. You have to win the challenge to get this additional reward.
The Saddleclothes can add new breeding effects to improve the chance to get a rushing behavior while the horse passes obstacles or tracks. For each new effect the horse has to provide an empty effect slot.
The Leg wraps can replace punishing breeding effects. You can replace only breeding effects that your horse already owns.
All Horse Equipment are consumable items.
Each obstacle may require the use of a piece of equipment. For example, your horse has 30 “Fast racing saddles” in store. If a selected course has 10 Sand heaps (obstacle), 10 of your Fast racing saddles will be used. Some equipment only boosts if your horse passes a specific obstacle with a specific passing behavior, but equipment will be still consumed anyway. Of course, you can finish a course without equipment.
New Production Facilities - Trees
Horse Equipment Production
There will be seven kinds of Trees that are located on the Horse Ranch and these Trees can produce seven different base ingredients for the Horse equipment. All production is automated and you can harvest a certain amount of base ingredients for every production cycle each tree has.
Beech trees produce mushrooms
Cork Oak trees produce corks
Kapok trees produce Kapok fruits
Ash trees produce Hops
Birch trees produce Birch leaves
Exotic trees produce Blue bugs
Hibiscus trees produce Hibiscus flowers
Note: You can also grow new Trees on each Tree stump on the Horse Ranch by spending Horse crests. But caution: You cannot see which tree type you will get before a construction is done. Each player will unlock the same numbers of different trees, but in a random order.
You can sell tree products in the farm management
New Production Buildings
Base ingredients from the trees can be processed in the three new Production Buildings where you can produce refinery items for the Horse equipment.
Vegan mushroom leather, Vegan cork leather and Vegan composite leather can be produced with mushrooms and corks.
Kapok fiber, Hop fiber and Composite fiber can be produced with Kapok fruits and Hops.
Yellow dye, Blue dye and Red dye can be produced with Birch leaves, Blue bugs and Hibiscus flowers.
All production processes are automated and items are harvested automatically.
But each production building can produce only one refinery item at a time. If you want to produce another refinery item, you have to switch to another recipe.
You can skip any production with gold.
At the beginning, all of the three new Production Buildings are not available. You have to build each one of them by spending Horse crests.
All refinery items have a unique storage limit independent of your usual storage limit of your barns.
You can sell refinery items in the farm management
All refinery items that were produced in the Tannery, Spinning mill and Dyeworks can then be processed in the new Production Building: the Saddler’s Workshop.
All horse equipment can be crafted and produced.
All production processes are instant.
All horse equipment has a unique storage limit, independent of your usual storage limit of your barns and it is offered at your Horse Equipment Storage dialog.
Each item type can occupy only one slot.
Each slot can stack a limited number of items of same type
Horse Equipment for the Counter Challenge
If another player challenges you in a tournament, one of your horses will compete against one of your opponents. In the Tournament preparation tab, you can select which horse should be used in which discipline.
Setting up Counter Challenge equipmentAs you already know, the counter challenge takes place in the background. You cannot decline it. Every selected horse for each discipline can have two pieces of the pre-selected horse equipment for the counter challenge. This selected equipment can improve the horse’s value in the challenge and is free of charge.
Update April 22, 20202 introduced the following new features:
New levels for the production buildings and trees
- All trees will receive three new levels to upgrade, so, in total, each tree has four-levels. For each upgrade level, there will be an increase in the number of items that you can produce at a time. All trees can be upgraded with the Horse crests or Gold.
- All the new production buildings will also receive three new levels to upgrade, so, in total, each building has four levels. For each upgrade level, there will be an increase in the number of items that you can produce at a time. Also, the initial production amount for the nine refinery products increased (e.g the level 1 Tannery will give 27 of the vegan mushroom leather instead of 18). All buildings can be upgraded with the Horse crests or Gold.
- Upgrading all the production buildings and trees takes place in the normal build-slot.
- Upgrading trees and production buildings (Tannery, Spinning mill, Dyeworks and Smelter) increases a storage limit for each product. Also, the initial storage limit of these production buildings increased.
- e.g Upgrading a hibiscus tree increases the storage limit for its own
- e.g Upgrading the Tannery increases the storage limit for all Tannery products.
- For trees and buildings, you have to upgrade while they are producing. However, once you start an upgrade, the running production will be stopped and you will be able to receive the number of items depending on the time passed.
- The initial cost for building a tree decreased. If you had already built trees before this update, the price difference between old and new prices will be paid back (It will most likely happen 2-3h after the update)
- Each price of selling the nine refinery products is rebalanced and lowered.
New Competitor equipment for the counterchallenge
As you know, if another player challenges you to a tournament, you can assign one of your horses beforehand and it will compete against one of your opponents. In the Tournament preparation tab, you can select which horse should be used in which discipline of your counterchallenge.
This update will bring more exciting features to the Tournament preparation tab. Now, you can equip your horses with the new competitor equipment.
- There will be three fixed item slots per assigned horse.
- All items of the horse equipment for the counterchallenge are NOT consumable items.
- Each slot is occupied with a specific category of the horse equipment, like Head protectors, Headstalls and girths. In each category, there will be different kinds of items to select.
- Each item of the equipment grants you a set of 3 different positive effects on your horse values. You can check the effects of each item in the info panel of the competitor equipment.
The Competitor levels and Competitor experience points
There will be new stats, the Competitor level, for your horses that are assigned to the counterchallenge.
- By being challenged by your opponents, each challenge will grant you Competitor XPs and your horse can reach a higher Competitor level over time.
- The higher Competitor levels will boost the effects of the Competitor equipment.
The new production building - Smelter
You can now mine new raw materials, Copper and Tin ore, in the Mine on the Horse Ranch. Those ingredients can be processed in a new Production Building, the Smelter, where you can produce refinery items for improving the Horse equipment.
Copper ore and Tin ore can be harvested.
- Copper ingot, Tin ingot and Composite ingot can be produced with Copper Ore and Tin ore from the Mine.
Improving the Horse equipment in the Saddler’s workshop
In the Saddler’s workshop, there will be a new tab called Equipment improvements. Under it, you can craft rare Horse equipment by using common Horse equipment with other required ingredients. The premium horse equipment has an improved effect on your horse values. The Equipment improvements tab will be available from level 2 of the Saddler’s workshop.
Loyalty subscription activates more slots for the Horse equipment
As you know, Horse equipment has a unique storage limit, independent of the usual storage limit of your barns. If you want to store a greater variety of Horse equipment, the Loyalty subscription package will activate more slots for you