Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

I have a silly simple question. Curious?

Ok, so occasionally some perk comes up to upgrade "stables."  (This came to mind working the dream farm. Upgrade a stable...)

Now when I hear "stable" I think horse.  Closest thing we have to horses in this game are the donkeys in the gourmet farm.  NOT available in the dream farm at all.

Chickens are in coops
Pigs are in pigstys
Cows are in cow SHEDS.

So which one of those is considered a "stable.?" 

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Ok, so occasionally some perk comes up to upgrade "stables."  (This came to mind working the dream farm. Upgrade a stable...)

Now when I hear "stable" I think horse.  Closest thing we have to horses in this game are the donkeys in the gourmet farm.  NOT available in the dream farm at all.

Chickens are in coops
    Pigs are in pigstys
    Cows are in cow SHEDS.

That confused me so much when I was a newbie ... "upgrade your stables," "collect from your stables," etc.  I kept going to the horses trying to figure it out.

Another unclear wording that is confusing is from the Dream World -- the tasks ask us to "solve" contracts, not complete them. The wording definitely needs to be changed.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    it is talking about any animal. stable is a generic term for a building in which houses any animal.

Definition of stable

1a building in which domestic animals are sheltered and fed especially such a building having stalls or compartments
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495

Chickens are in coops
    Pigs are in pigstys
    Cows are in cow SHEDS.

That confused me so much when I was a newbie ... "upgrade your stables," "collect from your stables," etc.  I kept going to the horses trying to figure it out.

Another unclear wording that is confusing is from the Dream World -- the tasks ask us to "solve" contracts, not complete them. The wording definitely needs to be changed.
    Yea, that one too.   There are three layers in the market, why not give each one the correct label huh?   I gave up totally on solving that one.  I just go for what pays the most and asks for the least. Those bottom ones aren't worth filling at all.

As for stables meaning anything with compartments, so chicken coops count?  cause I got mine leveled up and it never paid off.  now the task is gone so can't even get a screenshot.  And again, why can't the game call it what it is?   Maybe change it to ANY ANIMAL?  OR call each animal house a stable?  Not sty, shed, or coop?
    Or have the task ask to upgrade any sty shed or coop.  Since there are no horses there.

According to wikipedia, a stable is specifically horse.  OR any group of animals kept by an owner.   So again this game aught to change the wording to any animal or just call them all stables. 
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Although you are right ijrosh (US1), unfortunately a stable is commonly known as a housing for horses, associated with horses and not other creatures to most. So it is understandable that it is confusing to several. 

Learn something new everday, they say and now we learned this. Still use of the more commonly know expressions would be a better choice, I believe.

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    must be cause i am a farm girl and used to every building on a farm being called a stable. same with anytime going to the fair. that is why you always hear people say "horse" stable. because "horse is identifying the kind of stable. and yes dream counts chickens it is the only kind of animal i max. but them saying upgrade any animal would be less confusing to the ones that are not used to hearing stable with out the horse in front of it.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    It could also be a translation issue.  This game originates in Europe and they have different names than we do.
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    As far as I know, and stand to be corrected, any farming where livestock is involved is called husbandry (Not sure what happened to the wife part).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file