Home Contests & Awards

Forum Collection of "Big Farm Yarns!"

Some of you will remember the "Tessa on Holiday" thread,
which was sadly lost in the move to this forum.
We liked the idea of that thread & so have created this one, based on a similar idea
of stories & pictures, which will remain open for new additions.

Yarnacle is known for his adventures, where he spreads his yarns of life on BF & the characters that live here,
this is your opportunity to rival his story telling.

Why does your farm look the way that it does?
Is there a good story behind why things are placed where they are?
Perhaps you always place decos with an open fire, near to a water source, 
for health & safety reasons. - It does not have to be a true story, use your imagination!.

All you need to do is post a picture from anywhere on your farm &
add an interesting/clever/funny story, about why the things in the picture are where they are.

You can even come up with the story first and then create a picture for it on your farm.

We want to end up with a collection of "Big Farm Yarns", created by you & fun for everyone to read.

There is no closing date, so we will be reading all your entries &
we will give out rewards to any that really impress us,
such as this special "Yarn Spinner!" badge

You may come up with more than one Yarn to post, that is allowed, though
please do not make  consecutive posts & we cannot promise multiple rewards to the same person.

Have fun & we look forward to reading about life on your farms!. :)

Community Guidelines | GGS TOS | How to Clear your Cache |  Click to Contact Support

"I seek not to know the answers, but to understand the questions!" - Caine

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,423
    That's lovely. I dismantled all three of mine, such as they were, right after Christmas.

Hate coops but missing out on the benefits?  Check out "Hearts of Gold," the non-coop coop -- we leave you alone to farm your way.  No donations or group participation required.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/158239/just-want-to-be-left-alone-to-farm-in-peace-us1-hearts-of-gold

• VolaRunner (US1)VolaRunner (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    edited 22.01.2020
    :) A Happy Place To Be For You and Me. :) 

Collections galore, I have them.  I set them here for all to enjoy.  You can see all sorts of cultures and fine places.
    It is a lonely place when all the stalls leave for the season.  Until then Stop-Shop-Eat-Play...HAVE FUN!
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
  • Cyndi33 (US1)Cyndi33 (US1) US1 Posts: 18
    edited 18.01.2020
    <3 I love the title of your Big Farm story:  A Happy Place To Be For You and Me

The title of your story meets the goal of GGS for all who love to come and play. :smile:
    For me, I enjoy the various cultures and countries the game brings to us.
    Your perspective in playing Big Farm is quite lovely, innocent, and very refreshing.
     <3 
    Post edited by Cyndi33 (US1) on
    Cyndi33 @ us 1
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 546
    edited 22.01.2020
    Tired of working in the fields all day?
    Rent one in the row of vacation cottages with a view of the bay.
    Pass through the gates into the amusement park. To the right past the relaxing swan boat there's a display of historical Viking craft.
    For a more exhilarating time, go straight ahead to spin in the teacups, ride the carousel, eat some popcorn, and test your stomach with a plunge from the highest heights! Wee-eeeeeeee!  

@GrammaLeah (US1) 
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 546
    edited 05.03.2020
    For a more relaxing time, try our world re-known Fox & Grapes Inn.
    -
    With a quaint old world charm, (and a 4 star restaurant serving our locally produced award-winning vintages) it's a lovely romantic getaway.
     After a day of touring the winery, take a horse drawn carriage to dine on your own private island at sunset, join a group to set lanterns aglow into the sky, or just sit in your private hot tub and watch the fireworks from the nearby amusement park.
    We know you'll leave with fond memories of the Fox & Grape Inn.

@GrammaLeah (US1)  200
  • yomismo1 (ES1)yomismo1 (ES1) ES1 Posts: 2,291
    edited 05.03.2020
    Thank you very much @WascallyWabbit for the gift and the badge of my previous post.

Preparing the Hanami!

Spring is coming!   :)

The cherry trees are already with their first flowers!  <3

Farmers, continue with the tradition of meeting with their friends and family, to enjoy a unique event that only happens once a year: see the cherry blossoms and enjoy the authentic Hanami!  :) 

Hanami (花 見) literally means seeing and observing flowers and is especially used for one of the great passions of the Japanese: enjoy watching the cherry blossoms and my farmers also want to enjoy the party!  ;)

But Hanami is not only walking and marveling at the beauty of the cherry blossoms, it is also having a picnic with friends, family or coworkers under the cherry blossoms.  <3

For this reason, my farm workers have advised their families, friends and other neighboring farmers to celebrate the party all together.

In the main house, there is the first trophy they won in their first championship, it is a great pride to wear that trophy, won with a lot of work and effort!

They have already placed in one of the corners of the farm, a playground, with slides, an inflatable castle and in the center of the farm is the main attraction: The pirate ship!  :)

Farmers, in their spare time, are decorating the cowherds with cherry blossoms, also the chicken coops, some houses begin to show their Japanese decoration.

They already have the stores decorated!

The doghouse looks Japanese decorated!

There are swings for everyone in the prairie of the pigs, playground, a snack stand next to the Main House and a fast food stand for Chinese noodles.

We have in this part of the farm, swimming pools, the hedge of Captain Boj, the Porky swing (the great fun of children) and the splendid butterfly, symbol of friendship.

They have placed next to the stores, a tea garden, the pig of their first Master League, the statue of the pig of the last Chinese year, because they are still enjoying the holidays of the new year: the year of the rat!

It is already seen on the farms, some tents installed under the apples or next to the entrance of the main house.

The first decorations are already installed!

We have the lucky pond, where visitors can make wishes and a quiet pond where the kois swim peacefully and show us their magnificent colors of the rainbow.

Next to the glass palace, there is the Oasis of rest, under the shadow of a cherry blossom, the maiden of the waves and the campfire of the Community.

In this area they will make a great meal and the children will enjoy the Puppet Theater and the attraction of the jumping cat.

Children and adults, have fun in the cups with the cows, can ride a dromedary to take a walk on the farm or invent a name for each of the goldfish that are in the glass tank.

Passing in front of the Presidential House, they have another peaceful place to rest: The shadow of the old Tree, overlooking the decorated Nursery, as well as a Hammock for a little sleep or sitting, to open gifts and eat from the basket of fresh food or admire the toy factory in Santa's workshop.

In the meadow of the cows, streams flow alongside the cherry blossoms, an idyllic place to spend the day with the family!

Farmers already plant rice and wheat, grow violets so that the farm is beautiful for the party.

Friends will bring food from other farms: sweets, cakes, almonds, peaches, honey, olives, citrus fruits and many flowers (jasmine, orchids and lavender)

In addition, farmers will prepare special events with beautiful nighttime lighting, it will be a surprise for the guests!

It will be a very fun, happy and with all friends Hanami celebration!

For one day, there will be no farmers league or Cooperative Championship, there will only be fun and the bugs we will see on the farm, will be jokes and games with friends!

I hope you enjoy Hanami on my main farm.

You are invited to the party because you are my friend! <3 

Sorry, I used a translator. Thank you!

@yomismo1 (ES1)  300
  • ftl (US1)ftl (US1) US1 Posts: 3

Starting a Nightmare Before Christmas world with collected holiday icons.  Need a Sandy Claus!
  • ftl (US1)ftl (US1) US1 Posts: 3

Trying to keep it outdoorsy.  Am waiting for Easter so I can get a cool killer rabbit to guard the place

• avoepel14 (AU1)avoepel14 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 38

Some of you will remember the "Tessa on Holiday" thread,
    which was sadly lost in the move to this forum.
    We liked the idea of that thread & so have created this one, based on a similar idea
    of stories & pictures, which will remain open for new additions.

Yarnacle is known for his adventures, where he spreads his yarns of life on BF & the characters that live here,
    this is your opportunity to rival his story telling.

Why does your farm look the way that it does?
    Is there a good story behind why things are placed where they are?
    Perhaps you always place decos with an open fire, near to a water source, 
    for health & safety reasons. - It does not have to be a true story, use your imagination!.

All you need to do is post a picture from anywhere on your farm &
    add an interesting/clever/funny story, about why the things in the picture are where they are.

You can even come up with the story first and then create a picture for it on your farm.

We want to end up with a collection of "Big Farm Yarns", created by you & fun for everyone to read.

There is no closing date, so we will be reading all your entries &
    we will give out rewards to any that really impress us,
    such as this special "Yarn Spinner!" badge

You may come up with more than one Yarn to post, that is allowed, though
    please do not make  consecutive posts & we cannot promise multiple rewards to the same person.

Have fun & we look forward to reading about life on your farms!. :)
    The reason that my farm looks the way that it does is because the fact that l have many of building on my farm and I also put the same buildings that I have all together. 

Alexis Voepel

Out on the farm we are taking Coronavirus safety measures very seriously. All the traders are making sure to stay at least six feet apart from each other. :smile:

Out on the farm we are taking Coronavirus safety measures very seriously. All the traders are making sure to stay at least six feet apart from each other. :smile:

Thats awesome. We need to make sure that we are all six feet apart from each other so that we won't be able to get the coronavirus
    Alexis Voepel
    ftl (US1) said:

Starting a Nightmare Before Christmas world with collected holiday icons.  Need a Sandy Claus!
    I like how the fact that you made your farm as a holiday theme because of the fact that you like holidays
    Alexis Voepel

I woke up early, as usual, to the sound of a cock crowing. And I had a morning breakfast , then I went out to the main farm for harvesting goods from stables & fields BUT what I saw was very strange. My animals weren’t well, as they looked sad, but I fed them very well, so what is the reason?
    While I'm confused, Jackie approached me. He did not bark, but spoke and said, "We are bored, we want to break the routine." And there I had an idea.
    I put the cowchickenand pig 

in their cups,
    and Tomand Jackiewent up with me to my blue tractor

and set out on a trip to " Rikugi-en "

When we got to the entrance to the park we took a map so that we did not get lost, and the adventure has begun.We went up to the Sherwood ladder house and used a simple telescope to see the entire park, so we decided to walk around all over.
    Wellspring of charity was the first thing that we saw. it was very beautiful so we took selfie & played around it then we continued. While we were walking, my chickenstarted running toward the duck pond to meet her friend the duck so I decided with my pets  to wait  chickenat Arborwhich was near Old tree.
    Meanwhile Tomwent to enjoy at Kitty Kat ride
    After a while I felt hungry so I went to the fast food cart to buy a quick meal and then came   back, but I did not find Jackieand the other animals. I rode the flower bicycle and looked for it until I found them in front bunny heyday Its large size impressed them.
    After that we moved to the festival games, pig went to try sailor ships , cowand chickenfounded  one-cow bandfor music and Jackie
    challenge me in a chess match so we went to Animal chessboard and Tom was the judge. Unfortunately, Jackie was not so lucky that I defeated him.  
    Then we went to the dart stall to buy tickets then to the simple pretzel cart to buy pretzel, I asked Tomto bring  cow, chicken and pig
    . But the pig wanted to ride bumper cars.
    I took others to watch a puppet show. 
    we had lots of fun.
    After that we went to the cold part We rode the Christmas locomotive and toured the cold fun land. We stopped at the Gingerbread house, where we had a lot of candy. Then we continued and we saw snowmen.
    pig 
    cowand chicken

went to the winterly photo wallme Tom & Jackieused wooden toboggans

to skiing.
    While we were having fun, Santa came on board of comfortable sleigh and took us to the New Year's party. During the party we took gifts boxes.Then we smashed the pinata  to get more candies. And we received messages that my farmer friends from different regions of the world sent to congratulate me on the New Year at Santa's postbox.

Then Santa covered our eyes with black bars and took us to another place.
    We heard a terrifying howl, so we opened our eyes and saw a great werewolf that looked like he would attack us. So we started running and running, so we lost in the frightening forest and the stillness prevailed at the place. We saw light from afar, so we approached it  AND the animals fell to the land of fear when they saw " scary campfire "  Then I heard the sound of the stomach purring, so I turned back and saw VENUS  chickentrap. It looked very hungry. It approached me and opened its big mouth, so I fainted.
    After a while, I opened my eyes and saw  sign referring to the forest with the “Branch of Fear” written on it, and I realized that what happened was part of the tour.
    Next, we went for drink tea at Magnificent tea garden and eat noodles                          so we could calm down.
    Finally we went to the exit, where Cow Pig Chicken got to know some friends (parrots and squirrels)
    I bought bee balloon & chick balloon from animals balloon seller, In order to remember our exciting trip in the wonderful park. 
                                                                               We went home
                 We arrived at the farm in the evening. We were very tired and suddenly I heard a rooster crowing.
    What
    The sound of a cock crowing in the evening ??. !!!!!
    I opened my eyes and found myself still in THE bed.
    Yes it was a dream

THE END

@Emperor AY (INT1)  + 650 
    Alexis Voepel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file