Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fortune Telling or gambling against a stacked deck?

Is this really fortune telling or are we gambling against a stacked deck? For 100 gold you could win 200 gold but are more likely to win 1 special corn seed. I will not risk 100 gold in experimenting; yet another make-over by GGS instead of fixing the real issues at hand.

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    After all the build up, this certainly was Much Ado About Nothing, wasn't it?  Not one worthwhile prize as they all are something we can obtain lots of for free. What it boils down to is a very slim chance of doubing your tiny gold expenditure. Very slim. Ridiculous amount of time spent by the team to develop this when things need fixing, and more thoughtul, worthwhile events could be introduced. I have never encounted a company so out of touch with its consumer base.  No seasoned professionals, no marketing experts, certainly no one with an ounce of business sense seems to be on board. I feel like we're part of an ongoing junior high project.
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    edited 12.12.2019
    @artful (US1) If you have the time and inclination visit www.stillfront.com which is GGS's holding company and read their latest financials. It is pure PR bumf. Even their shareholders are being called on to take part in a new issue of shares, for cash, in order to cover debt. They are also being screwed, like us players, as they have no choice but to follow the issue or have their share portfolio reduced or devalued. You are very correct on saying that GGS is out of touch.

Edit: What is interesting is that on average a player spends US$85.00 per month to play the various games in their stable. They also reckon they have 600 million players, I wonder how many are active and reach for a credit card?
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    or maybe this is some bizarre social experiment... to see if they can get people to continue throwing good money after bad.  I'm shocked people still buy gold.  I never have and never will. 
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844

I thought we would get a peek into the future (2020), as it is written: "-Perhaps many of us wished they could get a peek into the future. Well, a Fortune teller is coming to your farm!"

But all we get is a demand for gold and some trinkets in return. Oh, yes, we have been conned.

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @artful (US1) If you have the time and inclination visit www.stillfront.com which is GGS's holding company and read their latest financials. It is pure PR bumf. Even their shareholders are being called on to take part in a new issue of shares, for cash, in order to cover debt. They are also being screwed, like us players, as they have no choice but to follow the issue or have their share portfolio reduced or devalued. You are very correct on saying that GGS is out of touch.

Edit: What is interesting is that on average a player spends US$85.00 per month to play the various games in their stable. They also reckon they have 600 million players, I wonder how many are active and reach for a credit card?
    I do keep up with online information about them, and the feedback provided by employees at various sites and chatrooms. Quite an eye opening experience. 
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174

I doubt they have that many active players, they will be counting all those that have joined and left long ago, The game is getting less of a farm game and more of a gambling game, 
    @uksharon (GB1) According to their financials they have 1 309 000 Daily Active Unique users (DAU) across their game portfolio but you can bet that those figures and the term DAU have been "massaged" to bluff investors/shareholders. Good luck to them as I for one will not be spending 1c on any of their games in their stable. Maybe I should play minesweeper in Windows rather ;)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    In GGS's world they see suoer feed and special seeds as valuable rewards..........what messed up con artist world are they living in? I see the fortune teller is a new low for GGS........absolute con artist feature put in to milk money from their customer base. Im staggered people are still giving money to them after the way they have treated us in the last year or two.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I would much rather have that nice wheel from last year.
    I spent quite a bit of gold on that to get the decorations I wanted.
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    Give me 100 Gold and i will tell you WHAT i see in the Big Farm Future: A big earthquacke and bye bye big farm.
    The game development has come to absurd new things in the Game= The fortune teller. The response on the problems and not recived rewards is close to 0000 or it take weeks before the players even hear something from support.
    The horse is dead and they are slicing it up in bitesize chuncks and throw it in the deepfreezer. And i guess around easter next year the plug will be pulled out. And no i am not negative,i am realistic. 
    The big farm is in deep dung on this moment
    @iron maiden (INT1) This is how I see it. GGS
  • farmgirlmimi43 (US1)farmgirlmimi43 (US1) US1 Posts: 422
    edited 16.12.2019
    I would much rather have that nice wheel from last year.
    I spent quite a bit of gold on that to get the decorations I wanted.
    The new wheel is like a giant lump of coal in our stockings. Tokens for it are difficult, or impossible for anyone not in co-op, to come by. So far I've had enough for only about a half dozen bonus spins and landed on seaweed. Every, Single. Time.  :s
    Post edited by farmgirlmimi43 (US1) on
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I'm in a co-op, and spun it quite a bit.
    I have always gotten humus.
    Humus is nice...
    but a nice snowy deco would be better.
    : )
    @Data King (US1) and @Exxy (INT1)  Thanks! I tried it this morning and it worked.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file