Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Dec 11th - Seek your Fortune with the 2019 Final Update! - Discussion

Comments

• soozayn (US1)soozayn (US1) US1 Posts: 122
    What is it with the clouds of dust coming off everything? It better not be pollen to give us all hayfever lol

• Have fun discussing the Latest Update here.

• Rubbish update…. I cant harvest or use the swift seeder . Every 7th field my game freezes  (Get rid of the puff of smoke). Anyone have a fix please ?

Jude xx
  • Mandariini (SKN1)Mandariini (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 25
     I have a BIG BIG Broblem
    For many years I have improved my farms to be totally orcanics and now there are full of smoke and pollution all over the fields and buildings. Also my normally customers in the market has disappeared. Now there are weird creeps and they want to pay their shoppings by worthless things.... I am in big big trouble, farms are polluted, my custemers are gone, whole climete has changed and nothing works correctly.  What shall I do?
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Where is the Fortune teller ?
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Scroll down the mouse ...
    This makes the drops disappear much faster now than before update. This is good.

The outlined number of on drops is darker and more clearer. I can read the number much better now.
    This is good.

The dust animation is not good. Please remove it
    The items drop animation of a bounce looks nice.
    The new animation in gold bar, xp bar and dollar bar is good.

Not sure if GGS will listen to us, but please remove the dust animation. It just doesnt feel nice.
  • Where is Santa's Wheel/Wish list? It should have been here by now. 
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    edited 11.12.2019
    My initial impression of this update is GOOD.

Cleaning up the pellet drops has cured an annoyance I've had with the game since we switched to HTML5.  Now they neither get in the way as much and, better still, they disappear much more quickly.  Many thanks for that.

On my computer, at least, things are much more instantaneous.  Stuff I used to cup my chin in my hands and wait on are now popping up quickly and not slowing my game play.  Perhaps the graphics makeover actually did improve the problem with lag?

I'm unsure about the "fairy dust" explosions when you sew a new crop, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.  Sometimes new things only bother you because they're new. 

So BigFarm, for as much complaining as I've done on this forum, I have to give you a hearty "Well done!" on this update.  So far I like it as much as I liked you finally giving us a gold lock. :)

Edited to add:  Thank you for fixing the fish market truck!  Now I can again see how much my contracts are paying me with the bonus.
    Post edited by buddy194 (US1) on
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    Yes dust animation is useless and not needed by anyone. Its better to either remove it or give us an option to select whether to keep it or not like we have in weather effect animation.
    If we got to have clouds of pollen or radioactive dust whatever it is can GGS please supply protective suits & masks for my workers so they won't all be dead by next week.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    What is it with the clouds of dust coming off everything? It better not be pollen to give us all hayfever lol
    I keep thinking toxic chemicals. :)
  • VAM (US1)VAM (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    So all of these graphics changes we didn't request and we still have backward apple orchards.  Sigh. 
  • Juitsu (SKN1)Juitsu (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 95
    That dust animation looks like pollution and smog.  We all are aware what is happening in global climate, so does GGS really think that it looks nice?  Now reality came to our farms. 
  • After the update the game is still freezing. 
  • Serious lag now, not sure if it is caused by the silly new animations or something else on the back end.

New graphics are okay, but how about making a button that automatically reloads your fishing boats?? that's something I'd love.
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    VAM (US1) said:
    So all of these graphics changes we didn't request and we still have backward apple orchards.  Sigh. 
    this!!
  • Rose1006 (US1)Rose1006 (US1) US1 Posts: 31
    To add to what everyone else is saying............. this is NOT a war game, loose the "bomb" dust!!! PLEASE
    So far I like all the other changes. 
    But seriously............. loose the dust clouds!!
  • The drop icons are just disturbing, cuts right across my other clicks.....I hate it!

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with gizmo. The new drop icons might make the individual drops easier to see if the item being harvested were to be on an island & not surrounded by anything else, but who has a farm like that? Our buildings are packed in like sardines. The drop icons are hidden behind the yellow bubbles of anything else waiting to be harvested or planted. Besides that, they are so large if you harvest 2 items without pausing for the icons tot disperse, they overlap each other giving them even 1 more facet to not being more visible, but just taking up more space. I suppose we'll just have to get used to it, like all the other (IMHO) oddly oversized graphic updates lately (I still can't bear the faces in the market though).
    Then there's the cloud of dust for everything when it's planted or started. It might make sense for fields, but factories? Not really. I really wish there was a way to turn that off, but unfortunately even turning off animations it still shows. It is really quite distracting and, well to me at least, quite annoying.
    I'm sorry for ranting, but I've seen so many negative comments about the updated oversized graphics yet they don't stop. Since they just keep coming up with more, perhaps enough people aren't posting their opinion on them, or perhaps the designers aren't getting the message? So, I am sharing my opinion; these are just one more notch up the ladder pushing me away from this game. It makes me sad.
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

Please change the new animation on how items drop. Why do we need to have the icon of the items bounce twice on the building ? For small buildings like fertile fields they cover everything. The icons did already stick around for too long, now it is even worse if possible

If you really need a new animation make it one that carries the items higher and away from the buildings, move like smoke or like soap bubbles, anything except having these things sit there for a few seconds before they disappear 

On a side note, it seems that the more of these animations you add the slower the game gets, it's already near unbearable

Finally, as many have said before me, how about to focus on bugs instead ? There are some that have been around so long we need to celebrate their first birthdays 

• rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    Ger rid of the smoke ... I have animations turned off so why do I have this ridiculous, purposeless animation ?
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 11.12.2019
    What's with the smoke bouncing around? Ridiculous.
    It once was supposed to be a simulation game.
    Then it got "promoted" to a strategy game.
    Next was stuffing the game up with all kinds of events, that repeated itself faster and faster.
    Next was all kind of competitions linked to these events.
    What followed was a competiition linked to all other competitions, becoming more and more an action game.
    And now we are even treated to gunsmoke coming from everything we start.....sowing fields, orchards, starting the mill.

Whats next? A real shooting gallery? You do know it is called Big Farm, don't you?

Feedback from players and customers on the forum is ignored. Support seem to not know the definition of support. And all that happens is more and more new things getting stuffed into the game, regardless of our wishes. 
    I really do not understand your frame of mind.
    Post edited by Kimmiecat (NL1) on
  • iron maiden (INT1)iron maiden (INT1) INT1 Posts: 240
    It seems that the INT server has no problems this time after the update.  But that smokecurtain wich appears when harvesting/feeding is totaly idiot. A friend of my has renamed his dog to GRETA,she barks also to every cloud of smoke she see. Now i hope the machines  keep on working,afterall with Greta on his farm you never know.
  • polly72 (GB1)polly72 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 8
    GGS please get a Grip ...Take a reality pill....Were not in playschool ...were not children ..We do not need puffs of smoke every time we click on things ..your doing a good job of getting on my nerves  with these nonsensical additions to the game 
    So the people have spoken GGS....lose the cloud of radioactive dust from our farms or we all need to go on strike until we get protective suits & masks to wear while we are trying to play the new slower version of the game. Is it slowed down because the nuclear silo is out of action by the way?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 11.12.2019
    Reminds me of the time when the fleas that popped up from our harvests that we use to make goldfish bait looked like real fleas! Let's hope that the negative feedback convinces them that the smoke is not wanted too!
  • tim47 (US1)tim47 (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    gg--change  big farm to the funny farm--
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Why??? Who asked for graphics changes? It was fine the way it was. So changes in graphics is more important than fixing the slowness in the game and all the other bugs that still remain? Are you serious????
    They have to give the graphic designers something to do.  Not many programmers do graphic design.  So the programmers can still work on all the bugs while the graphic designers try to distract us with new shiny stuff  :smile: 
    I'd MUCH RATHER have a new building for those highest upgrades.  Level 8 house should look different from a level 7 house.  Sure would save time hoovering over houses to see if I can upgrade one.   The coop village buildings don't change till they got MULTIPLE updates.  I see plenty of work for graphic artists here.

As for all the junk that flies out of everything and right in the way while we harvest, why couldn't the rain that down in a nice neat column on the SIDE of the screen, NOT right over the fields.   I know hitting my mouse scroll wheel instantly removes it BUT then when I plant, blue stars fly out, (totally useless to me.) and unless I hit the wheel between every single building or field, they are just in the way.
    So now it's only slightly easier to see how many of what I got (again be easier on the side in a list.) 

And now..... my fields and buildings all fart when I reset them.    Wonderbar!
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    The turn off animation in settings should turn off everything. The drops animation should be turned off too. Completely.

The scroll down on mouse does make the drops disappear, but many players play on Laptop with no mouse.

Instead of smoke ... You can put sparkles. That smoke animation is good if we upgraded a building, but not for sowing.
    Or the smoke could be reduced by 80%. 
    It will be hard to get used to it ... We can live without it.
    Why??? Who asked for graphics changes? It was fine the way it was. So changes in graphics is more important than fixing the slowness in the game and all the other bugs that still remain? Are you serious????
    They have to give the graphic designers something to do.  Not many programmers do graphic design.  So the programmers can still work on all the bugs while the graphic designers try to distract us with new shiny stuff  :smile: 
    I'd MUCH RATHER have a new building for those highest upgrades.  Level 8 house should look different from a level 7 house.  Sure would save time hoovering over houses to see if I can upgrade one.   The coop village buildings don't change till they got MULTIPLE updates.  I see plenty of work for graphic artists here.

As for all the junk that flies out of everything and right in the way while we harvest, why couldn't the rain that down in a nice neat column on the SIDE of the screen, NOT right over the fields.   I know hitting my mouse scroll wheel instantly removes it BUT then when I plant, blue stars fly out, (totally useless to me.) and unless I hit the wheel between every single building or field, they are just in the way.
    So now it's only slightly easier to see how many of what I got (again be easier on the side in a list.) 

And now..... my fields and buildings all fart when I reset them.    Wonderbar!
    Oh the mystery is solved....it is farts!!!!! I still want a gas mask though please GGS
  • shehara (IN1)shehara (IN1) IN1 Posts: 42
    Hope this isnt like we get to use 100 gold and get 200 back type fortune seeking :smile:

I love the appearance of the new WFs so much.. thank you.. <3 
Sign In to comment.