Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!
Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!
Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.
And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.
So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!
Forum Contest - Halloween #4: Monsters vs Saints
Monsters VS Saints
It's Halloween time, with ghosts, pumpkins and monsters.
Well, when we say monsters, we usually first think of scary looking fantasy creatures,
that move in a funny way and mumble while doing it.
But monsters do exist. They look normal, even quite handsome, move and speak normally among us.
What makes them monsters are their deeds.
Fortunately, where there is dark, there is light & November 1st is All Saint's Day, dedicated to unknown saints.
There are many, many people that have made this world a better place with their deeds.;
Some people (literally) saved the world or at least millions of lives, with one quick decision or purely by accident.
Sometimes, the decision was wrong, but the world was saved by how they reacted afterwords…
So here is a little contest for you.
The picture below shows 6 “monsters” (people with terrible deeds) &
6 unusual “saints” (people who saved world or lot of lives in a strange way).
Here is a list of statements that describe those people:
Saints1. His famous last words were: "I did everything correctly. I don't understand why it happened." Maybe he did not react correctly when the havoc started, but things would be much, much worse if he hadn’t sacrificed his life and stayed behind to clean the mess.
2. "Alarm, what alarm? Oh THAT alarm. Just ignore it, it must be broken."
3. "And when I die I will keep on living." Well, for this lady it was not just words. A part of her LITERALLY kept on living. And saved many lives.
4. He was raised on farm but sent to study buy his grandfather with the advice: "You're wiser to fill your head now if you want to fill your belly later on." That was massive understatement!
5. He shares his name with an American football player and is known under the nickname "The man with the golden arm".
6. An apple fell on Newton, Archimedes was taking a bath, but this guy just did not have time to clean his lab before he went on vacation. And he did not shout "Eureka!!". He just said: "That’s funny".
Monsters7. Forget about the Lord Vlad Dracula. She was the real Lady Dracula!!
8. He shares his surname with a famous detective. He also had a helper that looked a bit like Watson. But he lived on other side of a law. His hotel was not named California, but "you can check out any time you want, but you can never leave..." describes it well.
9. She was beautiful. She married three times and all her husbands were a "good catch" (two were rich, one was a doctor). She was also known to be a sweet and kind lady. But after the fire broke in her mansion, the world found out that she was a real monster...
10. He was sweet and charming. But woman, mostly young and beautiful, just kept disappearing around him. Because of his charm it took a long long time before it was realized that he was a serial killer.
11. He came from a rich and decent family, was good at school, loved by his classmates and got two PhD (medicine and anthropology). He was called "white angel". Wrong category? No, unfortunately not. He was also called "Angel of Death" and his cruelty shocked the world.
12. "Oh its so dark in here. I better light some candles, so that I can play the lyre. No candles? Well, then those people will do or better yet, a whole city?"
Each statement describes one person.
When you have figured out which name and statement match each picture,
SEND YOUR ENTRY TO ME IN A PM
with the name of the person,
the letter of their picture, and
the number of the statement that describes them.
If you think that Lady on picture I is Tessa Truesdale and that she is best described with the statements #4,
write: I-4: Tessa Truesdale
Each letter and each number can be used only once.
If you repeat any, only the 1st time you used a letter or number will count.
Only one entry per player is allowed (or, again, only the first one will count).
PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR ANSWERS ON THIS THREAD
You will get 3 points for each correct triple (name, picture and a statement)
and 2 points if you only guessed two out of three
(e.g. correct name and the picture, but wrong or missing statement).
Nice prizes are awaiting the winners and all that participate will get the 2019 Halloween badge.
The contest will end on Monday, 4th. November, at noon CET
Good luck and remember: Google is your best friend!