Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Farmer's League Unfair

Is it just me, or do people in different time zones get an unfair advantage. No matter how early I get up in the morning and start whatever event is running in the Farmer's League, there's always at least 2 people who are hours ahead and I don't have a hope of catching them. Not going to bother with it any more, it's not worth it.

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Yep. We have asked that they rotate the times -- even an hour or two each time they run an event -- so that everyone will get an advantage now and then.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Going back to the original topic of this thread, I fail to see start times as a problem in any event that last 24 hrs or multiiples thereof.
    Sure, they startout ahead of you when you wake up but they go to bed whilst you are still awake and scoring.
    By the time you go to bed, you have both had exactly the same, one days worth, of playing time.

For anything that does not last 24 or 48 or 72 etc etc hours (like the Architect used to) I agree with you entirely, start times should rotate in some way. 
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 13.08.2019
    @Uncle John (GB1)  it does make a huge difference on the events where there is a timer, like HWE, CHWE, FHWE and Gold fish rescue.  as if they are awake when it starts their timer starts running earlier. and then later when they are sleeping they can keep their timer (funnel) running. so a few hours extra running time makes big difference.  On weekly events, VF, CC and search event totally agree makes no difference.   

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    i disagree too uncle john because i got up around 8 am my time and they got on closer to when it started they had 110k points when i got on and it costed me a gold medal by 45 min and i was running close to 30 PPS for the last couple hours so the only reason they got gold was because they started before me because like i said i have been in 1st sense 45 min after medals started and i have been in 1st and will probably stay in first for rest of it but i could not make up the possible 4 hour head start they had in 10 hours when medals were given out and the only time i have ever gotten top 25 in FHW is when i start it right when it starts otherwise no matter how much gold i put into it i can only get top 50 because if they never run there silo out and they keep adding +1 how do you catch up? but with CC and VF you stop getting points when you sleep others can catch up but timed events you or they can not unless they run a lot more then the other person you have to work harder just because they got to start the event before you and i just got 30+ PPS well i slept for 5 hours that is the difference between timed events and CC and VF
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 13.08.2019
    players on GB server and euro servers don't see the same problem as most of them are ALWAYS awake when events starts and most on the server are in same time zone or only 1 or 2 hours difference..  Unlike AU, Russia and US.  We see the problem every time  

This has been a complaint for a long time, but again GGS don't care.  A rotation of 5 hrs every time the same event comes around is by far the best solution with a countdown timer for CC, VF, HWE, CHWE ,FHWE. and gold fish rescue
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • Some of UK players are at work when the events start, and as they are always at the same time we are not online either, so saying we dont have the same problems are not entirely true.  It would be much faier on everyone to start them a couple of hours apart each time, so rather than each time it being 9am UK time, it would be 9am, then 11am, then 1pm and so on. That way each server and player would have times when they are online when the event starts.
  • harvestmoonn (INT1)harvestmoonn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 851
    edited 13.08.2019
    well first day of each event that mixed with FL have only 12 hours to give medal so ppl that cant be online for some reason they miss first medal easy but for second day maybe they can do something if they dont got depresed by losing first medal hehe

in this  event cuz of work i missed 6 hour of event so i made only up to bronze now im lazy to work for gold hehe
    just hope we dont get village fair soon that thing completly ruin my fun in this event cuz thats event most arrange only player from top cooprative toghter its imppossible to beat them with bonus they makes on fields
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Keep in mind they typically start the events at a time that people are in the office, where they have time to correct things that "go wrong".

We'd be the first ones to complain if they were to start an event, it breaks, and there's no one in the office to fix it.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Thank you @Byron Longford (AU1) , I had not considered the HWEs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file