Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update August 1st - Discover the newly revamped Island Farm & More - Discussion

Comments

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    @RowdyRac you said sp seed will go at the end of island.  What about the seaweed humus, feed or fert.?  It is called event seaweed so it sounds like it may remain.  Can we get confirmation on it as well please.
    Considering that you can only see it in the Island Event Management/Inventory screen (where all the other Island feeds are), most likely it will be removed at the end of the event. Otherwise they would have to have a spot for it in the Main Farm Inventory screen somewhere.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 12.08.2019
    @Southern (US1) yeah that was what I was thinking.  Guess I better use up my 400 seaweed humus before the end
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    @Byron Longford (AU1)

If it is located in the event farm management and not on the main farm management menu it is highly likely that it will disappear as that menu is wiped out each temp farm. Probably it is called event seaweed because it will be usable in any temp farm and it could be bought or gotten from the main farm maybe later (or maybe even currently from mystery boxes??), as you can buy items for the island farm in the lucky coins trader.

By the way, they said it is hard to change the lucky coins items to be linked to the current temp farm event, but how about giving 3 options for each: one for the island, another for the viking and another for the candy farm. It would be at least better than currently is.
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @Byron Longford (AU1)

We are told that the seaweed items will also be removed at the end of the temp farm.
  • I've read through lots of pages on this thread but can't find any comment on this issue.  On the Island I have a side task titled "A healthy Trim" that asks me to have 2 level 3 mango orchards.   I have 2 level 4 orchards but have not cleared the task.  Is this a known glitch?
  • VAM (US1)VAM (US1) US1 Posts: 61
    @UserLUBAJC beat me to it this morning.  I was going to report the same bug.  I noticed that when you open the task, it has a counter on it that says I now have 2/3 orchards instead of 2/2 level 3's and getting the prize.

But, I will say I am enjoying the temp farm changes so far.  I really like the building slot and the seaweed prizes to help things move along.  I doubt I'll get any nice ranking prizes, but I am happy about the additional prizes we earn as we gain seashells. 
  • Lylu (INT1)Lylu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 448
    RE : the side task that asks for "2 level 3 Mango orchards" but shows a counter of #/3 (ie 2/3 if you have 2 level 3 orchards),  I can confirm that it actually requires you to have 3 level 3 Mango orchards.  

I built my third Mango to level 3 this morning and the task completed at that point.

It's either a text error or program error, but it will be interesting to see what shows as a side task for stage one of chapter 3 which (according to CBF) also has a side task of "2 level 3 Mango orchards".
  • My Question for Today is ....what the heck happened with the monthly pass in Farmers League???

THIS is a huge "FAIL" - GGS you can NOT expect farmers to enter the event, spend their resources and use GOLD currency to unlock a pass !! 
    This is already NOT fair, you pretty much forcing players to buy gold :(

What are the additional rewards & title promotions !! if it costs gold the list better be specific !!
  • Thanks for that info, LYLU.  I really don't want a third mango orchard but I guess I must build one to get the 50 premium humus prize.   In the past, I have had enough mangoes with 2 level 4 orchards but with the new dedicated building slot I can find the time to build another.
  • chidzu (INT1)chidzu (INT1) INT1 Posts: 112
    MoonionsRule (US1)

You can check at any time.

• @chidzu (INT1)   - thanks, you right when you scroll forward it shows you the rewards :(

I think , I'm going to stop playing this event .....if I can NOT get good rewards for my performance in the event based on medals I will earn from farming, but rather have to spend GOLD to get decent rewards for my hard-work -  WHY NOT SELL DIAMONDS ???  with gold or with real money !!

To force Players to buy GOLD, so they can earn better rewards during the event is EXTORTION !!!

No Event in any GAME, gives you better rewards if you pay $$ or if you purchase currency which requires real money - REWARDS suppose to be depended on how well you play.

GGS - you are trying to force players to pay, to buy gold currency, which costs real money !!
    This is NOT right, either make the event for "gold" players only !!
    OR don't run the event at ALL :(   I'm very very disappointed, that this is what the game creators did :/ 
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    ?

You dont even have to do anything different for this event , and you still get free rewards along the line

edited 13.08.2019
    I wonder why the bottom rewards seems to be locked on your screenshot

edited 13.08.2019
    Oh Figured, Its the 2nd part of the bottom rewards that are locked with Season pass

And, I think I'm gonna buy the pass ( as it will give extra diamonds ) and i think 25K is reasonable

Its roughly 620 gold / day

Also, if u decide to not buy the pass, you're still almost guaranteed to get another apartment block at the end of the event :)

So i think its best of both worlds , everyone gets something

More info, the cost of Season pass decrease by 500/day so far

So, if u see u have a good title by the end, and u'd like extra diamonds, it will be more affordable :)
  • @Exxy (INT1)

Thanks for doing the calcs, but I think everybody is missing the point.

If I'm part-taking in the Event and I do well, I would like to have the right to get all the "lucrative"  rewards for doing well !!! 
    Let's say you win a gold medal for your farming on the given day & a player 200 levels ++ from your level also gets a gold medal (in diff group), don't you think the REWARD payout should be the same???
    We NEVER - had an event, where getting better rewards required you to pay gold to unlock the REWARD....the reward is NOT a reward if I have to pay for it ....dooooahhh

If I will NOT get the same rewards for completing the same task, as all other players I will feel "cheated" !!

And what really, really upsets me is - gold rewards we win, in different events are "small", very small....
    Show me an Event - where GGS has as an entry prize 24k of gold ????
    I'm NOT going to participate ....and work hard in an Event where I have to pay to get good Prizes !!
    A horrible decision on part of GGS !!   
    Spending/ buying gold it's in my personal control - I DO NOT LIKE, being forced to "invest" in temp pass just so it gives me nice prizes ...... shame on you GGS :/
    edited 13.08.2019
    So if you pay gold, you get 100% of the rewards

if you dont pay gold, you still get 50% of the rewards

its still very nice in my book

You have to accept, that people that pays/supports the game development gets more reward

We need an incentive to support the game

I finally decided to get the season pass , and its normal, that i get more rewards than the one who does not 

Someone have to pay the bills , you know :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    @MoonionsRule (US1)  You are absolutely right.  If you have to buy it, ii's not a reward. It's a purchase, pure and simple.  If that's how they're going to roll, they need to be honest and call it what it is.
    edited 13.08.2019
    You always get more things when you pay

Its true for everything in life

When YOU choose to not pay ( Which is great because u can choose ) , You have to accept getting less things

it may sound harsh, but it is like that

Why would someone pay, to get nothing more, than the person who doesnt?
    You're missing the point entirely. Of course you get more when you pay, but having to pay for something you earned fair and square doesn't fall into that category. In the real world, if you won a car, but had to pay for it, you didn't win a darn thing. We all know that things in Exxyland seem to operate differently than in the real world, but that's how it works in ours. It's basic Economics 101.  It's also Truth in Advertising.

My point was that if we have to pay for it, it's not a reward, and needs to be called something else if they are going to continue down that road. 
    If you say so :)

I wish you a good day

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 13.08.2019
    also you do not get 50% of reward if you don't buy the season pass, you get way less diamonds as each title promotion you get 0 diamonds and then only 50% end of each title at end of event.  

example.  for gold buyer after event 1 with 4 gold medals compared to non season buyers

with season pass, will get 2  titles. giving 1000 diamond plus at end of event another 1000 diamonds total 2000 diamonds

non season, will get the same 2 titles but will only get 500 diamonds for the EXACT same work.  25% of the rewards only because they did not buy the season pass.  GGS are really just trying to force everyone to buy season pass.

GREED, GREED, GREED.  they are really double dipping on this, they are getting huge extra amount of gold spent as players try to win and then also players if they want any decent amount of diamond have to spend gold again.  I hope the gold buyers work out real fast how much those diamonds are actually costing them.

If season pass had of been reasonable price 5000 gold, GGS would have probably had a LOT more buy it but their greed showing through making it 26K, 

Other thing a player could go all 42 day and only have silver as their highest medal achieved, then they don't even get season reward.  I know of players on the last attempt even tho only 14 days, went the whole time only silver and bronze medal.  oooops no season reward, even tho they had way more points than some players with 1 gold.

edited 13.08.2019
    I decided to buy the pass

And i never felt forced :open_mouth:

In the end, it was my choice

I'll definetely get many more diamonds than someone who does not buy it

But then what, i might get 50ish more spots on a specific farm maybe more ( guess it depends on my results in the Farmers League )

Since i have not even decided what to do with my new open room , i may only bank diamonds for now

edited 13.08.2019
    @exxy, again, you are making statements that have nothing to do with the comments. Of course everyone has the choice to buy or not buy the season pass. That is NOT the issue people have.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
    I know i'm on topic

Dont worry :)
  • selena m. (US1)selena m. (US1) US1 Posts: 54
    I’ve always wanted to play big farm game on my phone so that when I’m at work or something I can still tend to my farm at the same time.But the question is why can’t we login to existing big farm accounts?When I download the mobile game it says that I have to create a new account or log in to Facebook .GGS should look into this.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Can we expect the Viking/NL farm to have a similar update?

And the Candy Farm?
    They are always working on something :)

So anything is possible <3
  • @artful (US1)
    WOW !! Thank you Artful, I'm so glad somebody gets me :) !!
    Exactly it's not even about buying gold ...it's about the principle of calling the diamonds and better gift boxes - REWARDS !!

Love your example with winning a car Artful ;)
    It's like celebrating your B-day, and the friend you like comes over and says I got two gifts for you - one is free and the really nice one, I will give it to you but pay me $100 for it, lol
    Would ya ???   I mean it's a gift...right ??

See in all Events we play - especially when you get to a higher level, players buy gold anyway. We buy special offers with new buildings, we fast finish productions using gold, we buy decorations....books .... etc
    But no Event has a "secret stash" of prizes, which makes you feel like a reject (by getting less nice gifts, rewards) unless you pay GOLD to get better selection !! 

And with Farmers League - a lot of lower-level players were very happy, getting cool prizes for farming on their own level !! I thought to myself "wow, GGS is finally doing something nice for every level player"....didn't last long did it? lol
    I buy Gold - Yes, for certain events, for Summer Sales to get better production buildings. 
    So in my opinion, I do support the game in the right way !!  

When the "Blue Diamonds" first showed-up...everybody wondered how expensive going to be to either buy them or earn them !! and sure enough it is !!  Now add up all your diamonds after the Season will end and calculate how much gold you had to spend to earn them (gold translates to real $$).

I just think ... there is gotta be a "gremlin" at GGS - any new nice event, gets ruined after first or few first runs.
    We had that with Deep fishing, we had it in first run of WWC and Wheel selling points, everything ends-up being gooooold (making the purchase) ....  sad, very sad at times :/

Related image
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    On the HW, why are there no construction tokens for the extra build slot.  The new set of rewards for the HW is terrible.
Sign In to comment.