Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

No Deco's

I have a question for those without deco's on their farms.

Whats the maximum unhappiness?  I have a couple of deco's on my main farm, but still very much 'in the red' at +470%.  How high can the + figure go?  Is it capped?

Thanks!

Comments

• Dinno (SKN1)Dinno (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 19
    I have minus 486 on mine
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    +500% is the lowest 

Your fence/gate, and pets---dog/cat should offset a few %
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    I have + 486 on mine xxx
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    @AmazingMurphy (GB1)  The figure that Seeker gives of +500% is correct to the best of my knowledge. A lot of players ask how you can run a farm with no decos since you'll be losing money on every harvest. But if you have your other 2 farms built up, and the fishing as well, the profits you make will offset your losses on your main farm. That's my eventual goal for my main farm, to have only production and no decos taking up valuable space. Of course, the company could change things to where that might not work in the future. Who knows?  ;)
  • Thanks all - I have 2 farms in the red at the moment, MF and GF but the FF and fishing do more than make up for it (I think!) xx
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    And if you do it right, the only thing that costs money is the windmill & your fields; put everything else on premium feed or premium fertilizer for 0 cost. The lab isn't affected by happiness, so the cost to make the premium feeds is the same no matter what your happiness is.

Now the fields, Windmill, Silo & Composter can get expensive, so those productions you have to be careful of, and events that require a lot of field drops (like for breadcrumbs) get a LOT more expensive, but that's where the money you make from the other farms & fishing comes in, to help offset those costs. :)

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Having the main farm and gourmet farm decoration-less generally works out very well. You can use premium products from the laboratory to feed the stables and orchards on your main farm and gourmet farm. The field and garden costs are generally not too high. The processing buildings like the windmill, silo etc. are a bit more expensive but your apple orchards can easily earn back the money for their use.

Having the flower farm decoration-less is a bit more complicated, because it takes too long to produce premium honeydew so you have to use regular honeydew and pay a higher cost for feeding the apiaries. You can still earn the farm dollars back from the shop and mermaid though, but it won't be as much before. It can be useful to have no decorations on the flower farm for some events such as the speed tasks in the weekly events and the village fair though.

At the moment I have +487% on my main farm and +488% on my gourmet farm and each farm has 0 decorations on it. My flower farm is at -69% because I took a few decorations off it for the pleasure park but I will remove all of the decorations when I can get enough farm dollars and time to add more buildings to it.
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    +486%
  • wildflower cost 0 for sewing but sadly they dont drop much event items
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 15.05.2019
    My all 3 farms are at +491 percent :smile: ( coz my gate and fence are maxed and i have a few decos to fill up space ).
    U dont need decos in MF, GF once u have lab level 10 :smile: . Once u have good amount of dollars, u can throw out the decos in flower farm and keep on adding meadows and apiaries if you are interested in weekly events :smile: .
    U cannot run apiaries alone with premium honeydew as it takes a lot of time but premium liquid fertiliser is possible if u devote a whole lab only for making it. I make premium duck feed in 2 labs full time and premium liquid fert in the third as i have enough of other feeds and fertilisers.
    Post edited by Rocky123 (IN1) on
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    my apiaries only run on premium honeydew! :)
  • Great info,  thanks all.

My fence & gate are maxed out, my lab is at 11 and I always use premium feed (or speed feed during a cc if needed) so just maybe I'm doing it right!  

Trying to get enough dollars together to get Lesters stash upgraded as fast as I can but boy is that expensive!  worth it though.  Then the lab up as high as I can.  Busy )and expensive!) times ahead! 
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    If you have all 3 farms deco-less does this not leave you with zero Village Happiness and hence big costs over there ?  (I've not attempted the arithmetic so some input would be appreciated)
  • im not going for -happiness anytime soon atleast i make sure its +1
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 15.05.2019
    If you have all 3 farms deco-less does this not leave you with zero Village Happiness and hence big costs over there ?  (I've not attempted the arithmetic so some input would be appreciated)
    I haven't gone there from 1 month  :D and have no idea of visiting it anytime soon too . 
    Also , if i want i can always include those high VHP decos like 3*2 which gives frm 15 to 100 VHP but not interested. But yes, it will be red and will need high vlg dollars but who cares hehehe. 

JVD (US1)
    said:
    my apiaries only run on premium honeydew! :)
    Happy for you  :) but i never seem to get enough time to run it 5 times a day .
    I have way too much stuff to handle , this is my FF(need to make a few more changes :smile: )

http://prntscr.com/nozcnk
    Post edited by Rocky123 (IN1) on
    edited 16.05.2019
    These are my production costs for running the windmill, silo and composter on the main farm if anyone is interested:

You can allocate a small space on the flower farm to have some village happiness decorations if you use the cooperative village.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    These are my production costs for running the windmill, silo and composter on the main farm if anyone is interested:

You can allocate a small space on the flower farm to have some village happiness decorations if you use the cooperative village.
    Here's some numbers for comparison.

Production Costs are *Per Harvest* (so multiply by 32 for a full Level 9 Windmill, 70 for a full Level 8 Silo, etc.)

Production Costs might be off a few dollars here and there, based on percentages & rounding, but they should be darn close.

I've only done the Main Farm (and I did this years ago), so no numbers for Gourmet/Flower.
    Here's some numbers for comparison.

Production Costs are *Per Harvest* (so multiply by 32 for a full Level 9 Windmill, 70 for a full Level 8 Silo, etc.)

Production Costs might be off a few dollars here and there, based on percentages & rounding, but they should be darn close.

I've only done the Main Farm (and I did this years ago), so no numbers for Gourmet/Flower.

Thanks. Those costs are not much compared to the tens of millions that can be earned from higher level farms and the value of playing without decorations is enormous for a big advantage in playing many events.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    it could be that is books but i still make a profit my level 7 chicken gives me 86 eggs and costs me 190 farm dollars but i get 1,720 dollars if i sell the 86 eggs i have not done math on everything but i have done some on level 1 fields and it is the same not sure if it is only because i have books or not yes i am not making as much on each one but because i dont have many decorations i can have a lot more which should come close to evening out and all the extra stuff i can win from competitions
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    I remember, years ago, in the old forum, when the of idea of "full production" farms was still new, the lowest the production cost would go was +300%.   Many players bragged, and shared their technical data, blah blah blah.

Soon after, the production costs changed.  (hmmm.. I wonder why?)   The lowest was increased to +500%.   And on the other end of the scale the new -100% sort of peaked at around -85% ~ -90%. 

Just saying... if you like to keep your toys in class, dont go around waving them in front of the teacher.
    This is after all, Big Farm's forum... and I do believe the developer's read through it from time-to-time.  >:)
  • dangit mean when i go for deco less farm it will be +1000%  :'(
  • PJ Farmer (US1)PJ Farmer (US1) US1 Posts: 128
    Mine topped at +486 and has never changed for a few years now

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file