Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Village Fair/Challenges

I have seen some discussion on this topic before but could not find it so I'm starting this again. Village Fair is enjoyable for many of us but the one really big problem is that ANYONE can start challenges. Inspite  of our efforts of asking and reminding players to please not start lengthy challenges, it almost always happens. It really hurts everyone's efforts and is frustrating beyond words. Can GGS PLEASE consider letting only Leaders and Deputy's start them or maybe having some kind of lock we can set so players can't just start any or at least not the long ones? Why do we have to keep going through this? Another idea is to maybe have a cancel button or a shelving option? Anything would be greatly appreciated because players will just continue to do this if they can whether it be on purpose or accident.

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    and in the mean time have it display page 1 by default instead of page 15  !!!!!
    (and don't tell me that the developers don't have the time do this)
  • Denyd (US1)Denyd (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    Is anyone else having issues with the VF disappearing, and saying no active challenge within minutes of being started? Has happened twice now - NOT impressed
  • Jaden James (US1)Jaden James (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    edited 12.05.2019
    I'm in the same co-op, and just took screen shots of a challenge ending with 12 mins still on the (visible) clock.  (edited to crop picture)

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We had a few end while the clock was still going -- not as many minutes left as yours, though. Ours end with about 2-3 minutes left.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Yes, that happens at SKN1 too. Quite disappointing so hope they get it fixed before the next VF comes along if not sooner.

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    The timer sticks.  It will SAY 12:00, but then when you actually load the panel it will update to whatever time is currently left.  Don't trust the timer on the little side panel, it's often wrong.
    The timer sticks.  It will SAY 12:00, but then when you actually load the panel it will update to whatever time is currently left.  Don't trust the timer on the little side panel, it's often wrong.
    True, but I was talking about actually loading the panel and you're watching the seconds tick away and you see 2:45 or whatever, and you get a popup saying the challenge has ended.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    True, but I was talking about actually loading the panel and you're watching the seconds tick away and you see 2:45 or whatever, and you get a popup saying the challenge has ended.
    That's a new one on me, never seen it do that before. Wouldn't surprise me though, that little side panel is pretty much useless. I've seen it have "Active Challenge" with a time on it even when there's no challenge running, but that's just where it got "Stuck" at.  Soon as I open the panel from the parking lot, it updates correctly.

I'm just in the habit now of loading the main panel to check the time, cuz I don't trust that little side panel thingy.
  • GazFarmer (AU1)GazFarmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 92
    I concur with mountain splash , Why does it open platinum page first, it is easy to see how new players can start a challenge without quite knowing what they have done, If for example the search started at the top bronze page 1 this would seem the logical place to start. ( just fix the go to ).
    Also I have noted that once I have searched the challenges I only have bronze pages available and I am a deputy, currently researching if the leader can access them . The long term challenges can ruin a good event.
       I re-iterate if the search opens at page 1( the logical place to start) one can surmise that the incidence of long term challenges started in error would reduce , and then it would become a matter of dicsepline.
  • Cherylm (AU1)Cherylm (AU1) AU1 Posts: 18
    Yes Farmer John is right that is where the search should start .
    We had also had the problem of not being able to access the gold and silver challenges ( the leader  included)
    Why is this so ? I hope all the issues above can be fixed I really like this event
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    edited 13.05.2019
    Is it correct that new members joining half way through the challenge their score is not added to v/f total or their personal score ? 
  • Yend (US1)Yend (US1) US1 Posts: 21
    I have seen some discussion on this topic before but could not find it so I'm starting this again. Village Fair is enjoyable for many of us but the one really big problem is that ANYONE can start challenges. Inspite  of our efforts of asking and reminding players to please not start lengthy challenges, it almost always happens. It really hurts everyone's efforts and is frustrating beyond words. Can GGS PLEASE consider letting only Leaders and Deputy's start them or maybe having some kind of lock we can set so players can't just start any or at least not the long ones? Why do we have to keep going through this? Another idea is to maybe have a cancel button or a shelving option? Anything would be greatly appreciated because players will just continue to do this if they can whether it be on purpose or accident.
    I still do not like the way the Village Fair is set up.  When the newer players and some of the older players come into the cooperative to play the Village fair, they do not understand how it works.  Even when we send them e-mails not to start long time challenges, they will pick the first one they see and we are stuck with a long challenge.  When everyone see how much we need to complete the challenge they get upset and some even ask for that player to be booted.  If GGS would start the pages at page 1 then no one would be stuck with a long game they do not want and less players would be booted for making a mistake.  I am tired of spending most of my time trying to explain how to to understand and play the Village Fair.  I rather spend that time playing the village fair myself. 
    Our Cooperative will be booting any player that makes the mistake of picking a long challenge.  We will also close our cooperative to any new members during the Village Fair to prevent them from joining and picking the first challenge they see until GGS changes the setup.  If they want player to be able to play they should pay attention to this.  I would recommend that all cooperative do the same thing till they listen to us.

• PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839
    Is it correct that new members joining half way through the challenge their score is not added to v/f total or their personal score ? 

yes correct, their score will count during the following challenge   :smile:

• Still haven't received the tropical cow shed I picked at the end of this village fair. 
    Still haven't received the tropical cow shed I picked at the end of this village fair. 
    Try looking under the "Themed Buildings" tab in your inventory. That's usually where it shows up.
  • Terra1111 (US1)Terra1111 (US1) US1 Posts: 48
    Absolutely!  I've been posting about this since the VF first started.  Such easy fixes like what you mentioned.  I would pay gold for shelving option.  BF is missing out on MAKING GOLD. 

Another easy fix is, please do not have the long challenges showing up as the first pages when you look for a challenge.  Why are the easy ones at the end??? 

Or please have it to where only deputies start up long challenges.  
  • Shilo (AU1)Shilo (AU1) AU1 Posts: 17
    I agree something needs to be done. I send a message around every VF asking not to start long challenges and where to start the easy ones. You guessed it, 70% of out VF games have been ruined. Last VF I suspect the competition sent in a false new player to do this and ruin our VF. He/She got removed straight away but too late as they managed to set 1 long impossible challenge . PLEASE do something to stop the game beings spoilt Moderators.
  • I agree something needs to be done. I send a message around every VF asking not to start long challenges and where to start the easy ones. You guessed it, 70% of out VF games have been ruined. Last VF I suspect the competition sent in a false new player to do this and ruin our VF. He/She got removed straight away but too late as they managed to set 1 long impossible challenge . PLEASE do something to stop the game beings spoilt Moderators.

Our co-op never lets a new player in when VF is running. We do send a message they are welcome to reapply after VF is over.
    I agree something needs to be done. I send a message around every VF asking not to start long challenges and where to start the easy ones. You guessed it, 70% of out VF games have been ruined. Last VF I suspect the competition sent in a false new player to do this and ruin our VF. He/She got removed straight away but too late as they managed to set 1 long impossible challenge . PLEASE do something to stop the game beings spoilt Moderators.

Our co-op never lets a new player in when VF is running. We do send a message they are welcome to reapply after VF is over.
    Thank you for pointing this out. My question is why do we have to turn away potential players for fear of a sinister act. Surely something can be placed where we do not have to suffer the mistake/sabotage of others. This in-turn will stop your Coop's necessity for security measures and he potential for loosing new players.
  • This event forced our coop to get all official with "rules". One of our new coop rules is that ONLY deputies may start challenges that are over 30 minutes long.  Offenders will be removed from the coop. 
  • I agree something needs to be done. I send a message around every VF asking not to start long challenges and where to start the easy ones. You guessed it, 70% of out VF games have been ruined. Last VF I suspect the competition sent in a false new player to do this and ruin our VF. He/She got removed straight away but too late as they managed to set 1 long impossible challenge . PLEASE do something to stop the game beings spoilt Moderators.

Thank you for pointing this out. My question is why do we have to turn away potential players for fear of a sinister act. Surely something can be placed where we do not have to suffer the mistake/sabotage of others. This in-turn will stop your Coop's necessity for security measures and he potential for loosing new players.
    We are a young co-op and not that big, so any player coming in when VF is running that had malice on their mind would hurt us. Not all of our members have FF up and running, some GF are still in progress. The four/five top players couldn't handle one of the long challenges. So it is best our leader does not let anyone in.

• Hello, I will try to get information on the topic to see if there is any plans on that issue

Stay tuned :)
    edited 22.04.2020
    Thank you it has been a big issue for our Coop, as it is for others I suspect ?
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    A lot of great points and ideas posted here. Since every co-op is unique and prefers challenges to their style of play, I most like the idea of letting co-op leader put a lock or set parameters for what type of challenges players can start. Maybe or maybe not parameters for deputies, but definitely for all other members. Parameters to include; diamond/silver/bronze, # of stars, duration, performance score. If leader is able to set parameters, it would be nice if the 20 minute delay for members to start a challenge was removed. That delay does not keep undesired challenges from being started, just delays the inevitable.
    Thanks Heather very constructive, especially " If leader is able to set parameters".
  • Lee45 (AU1)Lee45 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 10
    So has anything been done to help this situation?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Well so far nothing seems to have changed
     - we had an other new farmer start a 13 hour challenge this am
    Maybe by the next VF they set it up so only the co op leader & or deputies can start any challenge & have the 30 mins 1 available for every 1 to start.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    See "The New Village Fair" thread.   "From this time on, Cooperative Leaders can define who can start the next challenge"
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    See "The New Village Fair" thread.   "From this time on, Cooperative Leaders can define who can start the next challenge"
    Yes Thankfully :) Now co ops will have a chance with this event to run it the way they want to with out much worry of some 1 starting a very long challenge the team have no hope in completing :)
    So very happy with this change!!
    we still need the option to limit challenges started by members to 30 min.
Sign In to comment.