Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Updates Apr 25th & Apr 30th - A Circus, a Subscription, a Pleasure Park & a Buzz! - Discussion

Comments

• Sure... What do you think should be done to people who exploit? ;o
    Is there a reason you have to be so rude when posting?

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    What is rude in that?

It is just a simple question
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

I don't know anymore which of the discussions should be used to report the various problems we are discovering with the Pleasure park  (in the aftermath the event name sounds like an insult)

I have upgraded the decorative citrus grove twice, it was at level 3

This morning the building is back to level 1 

Did anyone else encounter this bug pls ?

• TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    The new subscription should have 6 tokens needed instead of 7.

The current advantage with 7 tokens is just marginally better. In fact, it is sooo less more ... It just doesn't justify the cost of a monthly subscription fee.

Kindly , do let the developers know this.
  • William Robert (US1)William Robert (US1) US1 Posts: 367
    edited 15.05.2019

The current advantage with 7 tokens is just marginally better. In fact, it is sooo less more ... It just doesn't justify the cost of a monthly subscription fee.

I didn't think anything in the game was worth US$19.99 a month, let alone what is included in that package. Pretty sure I wouldn't pay that for the benefits of all 3 subscription packs. This one is worth the least, but is the priciest. As stated, it takes a lot of gold purchases to even out the savings there. 
  • Jacc (GB1)Jacc (GB1) GB1 Posts: 89
    I am sorry to see that so many people experienced problems with the pleasure park. I did not win the citrus grove (wasn't active enough) but I really enjoyed this new event and had no problems myself. I do hope that all the bugs will be fixed and ready when we see this event again. 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

Consider that it would take 56 tokens to get the "one extra free spin".

7 + Free Spin
    7 + Free Spin
    7 + Free Spin
    7 + Free Spin
    7 + Free Spin
    7 + Free Spin
    7 + Free Spin
    7 + Free Spin
    ---
    56 Tokens = 64 Spins (8 of which are free)

8 + Free Spin
    8 + Free Spin
    8 + Free Spin
    8 + Free Spin
    8 + Free Spin
    8 + Free Spin
    8 + Free Spin
    ---
    56 Tokens = 63 Spins (7 of which are free)

$20 to get 1 extra "Free Spin" every 56 tokens.

edited 16.05.2019
    @PCA (GB1)

Yeah, same thing here.. but i think its mostly either a visual issue, or a different/new mechanic upgrade

I remember the building being Majestic at first, Now its decorative 

The cost/time to upgrade goes up, but every upgrade still improve the building :)

it went from 186 to 196 just now, will upgrade again, and post again when next level is ready 

Yup, when you actually upgrade the Special citrus, it does says it will stay level 1 after but the +% keeps increasing :)

Seems like a new way of upgrading building , i would think :) ( me curious whats the limit )

Next one is 22M 
    Post edited by Exxy (INT1) on
    Before new Pleasure Park event comes ....

What about compensation for the previous PP ?

WWC coming again and again is a good step ... WWC is amazing .... it makes everyone a bit more active ....
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    There's no point sooking about the event overload because its clear that GGS doesn't care what the community thinks so ill try to make a few suggestions instead.

1. Back to back VF's and ditch CC's completely........at least rewards are worth the effort
    2. Fix the lag in the game........it makes event overloads even more frustrating when the game constantly freezes up and requires reload.
  • mia111 (GB1)mia111 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 741
    edited 16.05.2019
    Question: have they done any changes to the deco valley event or is it the same bugged version as before?

Edit: I just saw the downtimes thread:
    "Some changes that are being made to the Pleasure Park are:

- Players now get the full amount of dollars when donating products to the Stalls instead of a partial amount.
    - The activity reward points were reduced, so players will need less points to reach further in the event, although reaching the last activity reward is still challenging.
    - Some rewards were also changed, for example, gold mining licenses and construction tokens were added."

What about fixes to the points added?
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 16.05.2019
    Question: have they done any changes to the deco valley event or is it the same bugged version as before?

- Players now get the full amount of dollars when donating products to the Stalls instead of a partial amount.
    - The activity reward points were reduced, so players will need less points to reach further in the event, although reaching the last activity reward is still challenging.
    - Some rewards were also changed, for example, gold mining licenses and construction tokens were added."

@mia111 (GB1) Apparently there are some bug fixes in there too, you must have got to my post before he edit, I am too slow hehe

We also asked about other changes & they will still be monitoring the event & feedback, so more could change, but there wasn`t time to do more for now, so they did the biggest issues - see how it goes with this run of the event.

Bugs must have been fixed ...

Good thing is full money is being given for products ...
    What i wish to know is ... Have GML been added or replaced some other rewards ...
    I knew they wont change the 4 hrs to 8 hrs, but i guess that is okay .... 
    The only remaining problem now is ... the amounts required to fill the stall for 4 hrs ...
    One single event completely clears the inventory along with seaweeds....
    edited 16.05.2019
     Miss Greta Greensmith should be present for all 4 days the Pleasure Park event is running ....
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    So in other words........ Instead of testing on test server they are now testing on every server :D 
  • @TMKC (IN1) We did specifically ask about those 2 changes & they didn`t say no, so hopefully both are still on the table - We will add them to the feedback again just to be sure.

Greta will be around for the 1st 2 days this time, but that's all we know so far.
  • So in other words........ Instead of testing on test server they are now testing on every server :D 
    @darren24 (GB1) They do test on their test servers, but some things do not show up until there are large numbers of players, with full rankings in all brackets & a live game with other events running at the same time.
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    So in other words........ Instead of testing on test server they are now testing on every server :D 
    @darren24 (GB1) They do test on their test servers, but some things do not show up until there are large numbers of players, with full rankings in all brackets & a live game with other events running at the same time.
    Well some people are just not playing half baked events full of bugs until such a time as they are playable, which at this rate is around the third time of being run 

Whatever happened to Octobefest not quite October event ?
     They do test on their test servers, but some things do not show up until there are large numbers of players, with full rankings in all brackets & a live game with other events running at the same time.

@WascallyWabbit

What about the counters stopping and going backwards, have they fixed this or not ?

If they haven't, there is no reason to play the event, ggs might as well put the names of the players in a hat and extract the winner(s) and spare us all the upsetting process, the waste of time, and burning resources for no reason at all

The stalls only lasting 4 hours (unless time is bought with a ridiculous stash of gold) is the other serious problem, and beside being a problem is offensive to players, denotes luck of respect by ggs and their designers who have been given the task to catch as much gold as possible during the event

another event almost constantly there, 4 days out of 7.... soon it will be on continuous basis, like the WWC

• AmazingMurphy (GB1)AmazingMurphy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 572
    edited 16.05.2019
    How many more times can GGS get away with insulting their customers by going against everything the customer requests?  There has been so many, countless, times customers have said too many events at once.  There has been no compensation awarded for GGS mistake regarding thee last deco valley mess.  No consideration given to customers saying fix the lag, bugs etc Nope - just a continued throwing events left, right and centre, bugs not being fixed, and to top it all 'hey spend another xx per month on a subscription' whilst we make events unplayable to those who dont buy gold, not to mention increasing the cost of the original subscriptions.

Then of course there is the element thats making the game only suitable for those who are home all day - those of us who have to go out to work stand no chance any more.  

Maybe they are trying to reduce their customer base on purpose? They obviously dont want those who dont spend on gold, nor those who cant play for at least 10 hours per day!

Just what does it take for them to take any notice of their customer base - you know, the ones that fund the business?
    Post edited by AmazingMurphy (GB1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 16.05.2019
    I DO love the WWCs, but we really do need a break between them. To do well, you have to really churn your farms, and perhaps produce things you don't really need, or are costly, just to rack up the points. And, yes, we can skip it if we choose, but for those who love the event, that's one bright and shiny carrot that's difficult to ignore.  Plus, we also need time to upgrade buildings in the Village so we actually have some place to dump the extra goods we are producing for points rather than just selling off the excess. 

The thing that made the WWC so special was that it came along just every so often, so anticipation could build. If it's running all the time, it will just become background noise like the CCs have become -- just something to skip, or another chore to do -- all the while adding more and more lag to the game, making it all the more frustrating to play.

It seems that whoever is in charge these days just sees gold is being purchased while a certain event is running, so let's run the freakin' things 24/7/365. Doesn't matter if you're ruining enjoyment or fun for the players. 
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • AmazingMurphy (GB1)AmazingMurphy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 572
    edited 21.05.2019
    How many more times can GGS get away with insulting their customers by going against everything the customer requests?  There has been so many, countless, times customers have said too many events at once.  There has been no compensation awarded for GGS mistake regarding thee last deco valley mess.  No consideration given to customers saying fix the lag, bugs etc Nope - just a continued throwing events left, right and centre, bugs not being fixed, and to top it all 'hey spend another xx per month on a subscription' whilst we make events unplayable to those who dont buy gold, not to mention increasing the cost of the original subscriptions.

Then of course there is the element thats making the game only suitable for those who are home all day - those of us who have to go out to work stand no chance any more.  

Maybe they are trying to reduce their customer base on purpose? They obviously dont want those who dont spend on gold, nor those who cant play for at least 10 hours per day!

Just what does it take for them to take any notice of their customer base - you know, the ones that fund the business?
    Really - this has been flagged?  I dont think I have broken any forum rules - just expressed my opinion and thoughts, but if I have sworn or insulted another player somewhere in there I apologise (I have read through so may times and can find nothing offensive)  Maybe I'll just walk away if this is what its coming to.

[Flag removed - I see no rules broken here | Wabbit]

PS. You need to contact Support regarding compensation for the last Pleasure park event.
    Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on
    edited 16.05.2019
    I DO love the WWCs, but we really do need a break between them. To do well, you have to really churn your farms, and perhaps produce things you don't really need, or are costly, just to rack up the points. And, yes, we can skip it if we choose, but for those who love the event, that's one bright and shiny carrot that's difficult to ignore.  Plus, we also need time to upgrade buildings in the Village so we actually have some place to dump the extra goods we are producing for points rather than just selling off the excess. 

The thing that made the WWC so special was that it came along just every so often, so anticipation could build. If it's running all the time, it will just become background noise like the CCs have become -- just something to skip, or another chore to do -- all the while adding more and more lag to the game, making it all the more frustrating to play.

It seems that whoever is in charge these days just sees gold is being purchased while a certain event is running, so let's run the freakin' things 24/7/365. Doesn't matter if you're ruining enjoyment or fun for the players. 
    I did tell you in an earlier post some weeks or months back .... that GGS will eventually run many events at once ....

This is the next step in increasing revenues for them ...

What i have noticed, maybe after the Good Game studios gold sold to Stillfront or something group is that .... the focus of the entire game has changed a lot on " How to make players spend and buy more gold "

Events and their frequencies are adjusted in such a way that it makes more revenues ...

The greta masterpiece is the biggest such example .... it was designed so that all gold buyers compete against each other and spend tons of gold and in the end only 1 wins .... not just server wise, but all servers put together. The funny thing is that my friend who is currently at top and wins each greta masterpiece ... and she is a wonderful person as well ... is winning by such a margin that no one else is trying anymore ... i tell her she is saving others tons of gold :p

There will soon be another worldwide event so that all gold buyers across servers spends tons ....

The Pleasure Park is designed to eat up dollars and some gold.

The entire idea of Peaceful farming is lost ....

@PCA (GB1)

Yeah, same thing here.. but i think its mostly either a visual issue, or a different/new mechanic upgrade

I remember the building being Majestic at first, Now its decorative 

The cost/time to upgrade goes up, but every upgrade still improve the building :)

it went from 186 to 196 just now, will upgrade again, and post again when next level is ready 

Yup, when you actually upgrade the Special citrus, it does says it will stay level 1 after but the +% keeps increasing :)

Seems like a new way of upgrading building , i would think :) ( me curious whats the limit )

Next one is 22M 

There is a real problem with the building not just a visual issue, please read 

http://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4091256/#Comment_4091256

Thank you PCA

:)
    edited 16.05.2019

Keep writing, there is nothing to be flagged on what you wrote

Also, do write to support ASAP , I got the Manor house reward as compensation .... i sent them a SS and explaining my pps would have got me the manor house ....

• Morgane (US1)Morgane (US1) US1 Posts: 83
    edited 16.05.2019

So as I understand it, a known issue with the Pleasure Park event is not resulting in a global compensation? (Unless I missed something)

So now tech support can be flooded with all the individual reports? Another "prove it to us" scenario I imagine...Another "Sorry, can't help you without screen shots" 

• You're spamming complaints left and right ( which is probably why you got flagged )

About anything and everything

You'll probably complain that I'm saying that to you as well

It is a game, THEY decide what they do , YOU decide what you do

No I would never complain if it is your opinion - you are perfectly entitled to it - in the same way I am mine.  Yes I am complaining and will continue to do all the time the game is not functioning correctly, or is being made too expensive etc.  The game has a fault - therefor it is faulty.  I would not pay for a faulty pair of shoes for example.and do nothing, I would complain  If I went to dinner in a restaurant and the food was not cooked properly I would complain.

Just because something is a complaint does not mean it is spam. 

Anyway whoever has flagged me can feel pleased as they want as I wont be posting for some time - I dont need the stress - this is supposed to be relaxing and fun and a place to share opinions - not to report those for having a different viewpoint..  That is far more offensive than any post.
    You're spamming complaints left and right ( which is probably why you got flagged )

About anything and everything

You'll probably complain that I'm saying that to you as well

It is a game, THEY decide what they do , YOU decide what you do

No I would never complain if it is your opinion - you are perfectly entitled to it - in the same way I am mine.  Yes I am complaining and will continue to do all the time the game is not functioning correctly, or is being made too expensive etc.  The game has a fault - therefor it is faulty.  I would not pay for a faulty pair of shoes for example.and do nothing, I would complain  If I went to dinner in a restaurant and the food was not cooked properly I would complain.

Just because something is a complaint does not mean it is spam. 

Anyway whoever has flagged me can feel pleased as they want as I wont be posting for some time - I dont need the stress - this is supposed to be relaxing and fun and a place to share opinions - not to report those for having a different viewpoint..  That is far more offensive than any post.
    Please don't quit posting. Your posts always are insightful, thought provoking, and often, spot on. Whoever flagged you seems unaware that the flags are only for vulgarity or abuse. Your post contains none of these things. (The mods will remove any erroneously-placed flags at your request.) 

Whoever flagged you also is just making more unnecessary work for the mods.

So as I understand it, a known issue with the Pleasure Park event is not resulting in a global compensation? (Unless I missed something)

So now tech support can be flooded with all the individual reports? Another "prove it to us" scenario I imagine...Another "Sorry, can't help you without screen shots" 

I know, right?  That's guaranteed to slow down response to other requests for help. Remember the good old days when compensation was immediate, generous, and globally distributed?
Sign In to comment.