Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Maintenance without any announcement

Again during a HWE is seems neccesary to do do maintenance and no info is to be found on the forum. Great.

Comments

• RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    It was a very quick hotfix - we heard of it about half a second before the servers went down, so no time to announce anything. :(

Fortunately it lasted only about 2 or 3 minutes.
    All servers are back now.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Yeah it wasnt for long and if it is to fix a error/bug in-game it can only be a good thing.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    RowdyRac said:
    It was a very quick hotfix - we heard of it about half a second before the servers went down, so no time to announce anything. :(

Fortunately it lasted only about 2 or 3 minutes.
    All servers are back now.

Can you not tell us what was in it?

• RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    A number of different servers have been experiencing "freezes" over the past few days. The hotfix addressed that.
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    RowdyRac said:
    A number of different servers have been experiencing "freezes" over the past few days. The hotfix addressed that.
    Plus they started a St Pats day sale.
  • who would miss a good chance to get us to spend more gold and annoy us more?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    who would miss a good chance to get us to spend more gold and annoy us more?
    Annoy us? Why would th

*DING*
    *CLICK*

Now where was I.. Oh, yes.. Why would they want to

*DING*
    *CLICK*

What was I saying again?

Oh yes.. Why would they want to annoy us? Do you fin

*DING*
    *CLICK*

I lost my train of thought.. Where was I..

*DING*
    *CLICK*

Oh for crying out lo

*DING*
    *CLICK*

ARRRRRGHHH... Now I've completely forgot what I was going to say.. I think it was something abou

*DING*
    *CLICK*

*Sigh*... I'm about to give u

*DING*
    *CLICK*

For the Love of G

*DING*
    *CLICK*

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Annoy us? Why would th

*DING*
    *CLICK*

Now where was I.. Oh, yes.. Why would they want to

*DING*
    *CLICK*

What was I saying again?

Oh yes.. Why would they want to annoy us? Do you fin

*DING*
    *CLICK*

I lost my train of thought.. Where was I..

*DING*
    *CLICK*

Oh for crying out lo

*DING*
    *CLICK*

ARRRRRGHHH... Now I've completely forgot what I was going to say.. I think it was something abou

*DING*
    *CLICK*

*Sigh*... I'm about to give u

*DING*
    *CLICK*

For the Love of G

*DING*
    *CLICK*

Do you receive those favourite offers all of the time? I don't think I have ever had any of those offered to me before.

Like clockwork.  I'm so annoyed with them I don't even bother looking at them anymore, I just automatically hit the "X" and close them.
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 15.03.2019
    i can relate, i get the token offer 2-3 times a days,  buy mystery box offer at least 1 time per day, 6 tiered offers at least 5 per day, seaweed 2-3 times per day and i got the tropical buildings just this morning and the "buy gold and get 100, 200, 50, 650, 600 mystery boxes i get at least 4 times a day.

Like clockwork.  I'm so annoyed with them I don't even bother looking at them anymore, I just automatically hit the "X" and close them.
    Ok thanks. I never get them for some reason which is quite frustrating, since I don't get opportunities to purchase good things like the fertile meadow or the candy cowsheds that were offered at 5,000 gold each a while ago. I don't get annoyed too much by these since I just take a quick look at them and then close the pop-up, but I don't get as many as you do though.
  • i would love to buy the candy cowshed, too bad it's gone the offer, i'll never give up hope :smiley:
    i would love to buy the candy cowshed, too bad it's gone the offer, i'll never give up hope :smiley:
    It's a brilliant offer. I didn't get it but one of my cooperative members bought 9 of them from the offer. It is much cheaper then getting one from the candy farm which will probably cost about 15,000 to 20,000 gold with a good strategy and with actively harvesting the farm. I have 8 of them, 7 from the championship trader and 1 from the candy farm but I would definitely buy a lot of them if the offer came up.
  • it might pop up one day, probably ggs took it it out because of the very reason that it's such a good offer and actually saves gold.
    edited 15.03.2019
    I get the popup for the Tropical Cowshed @ 19,999 all the time. I never saw the one for 5,000 gold, or I'd have bought it. Pretty sure you can only buy them once during the offer, though. At least that was all it would let me buy.. I bought 3 of them (@ 19,999), but I had to wait for the offer 3 times.

Which isn't a problem, I've probably got the offer at least 50 times. Got it 4 times TODAY.
    Post edited by Southern (US1) on
  • Rocky123 (IN1)Rocky123 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 627
    edited 15.03.2019
    The 5000 candy cow offer was a bug according to me .It came only once and ever since that time prices were made to 20k. They released it unknowingly i think . I missed it but one of my friend bought 30 candy cowsheds from them. 20k is a bad deal and its not worth spending that much if we can play temp farm because we can get more than double the wwc coins of candy cow if we buy tokens from trader after spending that much and also we get another cow from temp farm itself .
    The 5000 candy cow offer was a bug according to me .It came only once and ever since that time prices were made to 20k. They released it unknowingly i think . I missed it but one of my friend bought 30 candy cowsheds from them. 20k is a bad deal and its not worth spending that much if we can play temp farm because we can get more than double the wwc coins of candy cow if we buy tokens from trader after spending that much and also we get another cow from temp farm itself .
    For me, gold is a lot easier to get than WWC Coins are. I'd much rather save my WWC Coins for stuff I can't get any other way, like the big duck coops (and I keep hoping they'll put the big cow sheds in there one of these days)..
    For me, gold is a lot easier to get than WWC Coins are. I'd much rather save my WWC Coins for stuff I can't get any other way, like the big duck coops (and I keep hoping they'll put the big cow sheds in there one of these days)..
    It's a bit hard to compare them. 20k gold isn't a good deal for the cowshed as Rocky said above because we can get either the tropical cowshed for way less than 20k gold and the candy cowshed for maybe about 20k gold, and on top of that we get hundreds of tokens from the trader which we can use to get championship coins.

That would be nice as well. I won one from the cooperative championship but it would be nice for other players to buy them from the championship trader if they cannot get it from there.
    Maybe if you know what you're doing (which I know you do). I suck at the temp islands.  I've spent 50K gold trying to get the cow shed from one before, I got to about 15 Million points.  I don't even bother with them much now, just get a few seashells to buy WoF Tokens with and that's it.

Course that was back when the Temp Islands were only about 22 days long.. Now they're 30ish. I should probably try again one of these days.
    Maybe if you know what you're doing (which I know you do). I suck at the temp islands.  I've spent 50K gold trying to get the cow shed from one before, I got to about 15 Million points.  I don't even bother with them much now, just get a few seashells to buy WoF Tokens with and that's it.

Course that was back when the Temp Islands were only about 22 days long.. Now they're 30ish. I should probably try again one of these days.
    You can take a look at this to get some good ideas for what to do in them if you would like. With about 280-300 million farm dollars and 5-8 thousand gold and being able to come online to harvest every hour or two, you can get the tropical cowshed without too much difficulty. The temporary farms are currently about 27-30 days long at the moment so it will be easier to do it then it was previously with the 24 day temporary farms.
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    edited 15.03.2019
    Came up just a little while ago.... Such fantastic offers. I really wanted to pay 10k gold for a decoration with a whopping, huge, wonderful happiness value of 20 points plus 4 for the village just to sit in the dropbox along with mermaids, cats and candy prizes etc that have much better , well, more value. At least with those, I got value out of competing at a high level even though they will never see the light of day unless the proposed event for deco valley proves anything.

Edit:

My apologies, my memory is fading and I got the points wrong. 25 and 18. Just as well that exact same popup came up again for what seems like (memory fade again) the millionth time.

edited 15.03.2019

That's weird, my offer is a 25 & 18 deco.

It's an odd footprint, too - 3x2. Some people like those because they fit in odd places where a 2x2 is too small, but a 3x3 is too big.

Still, @ 9,999 it's cheaper than most. I still get popups for Henrietta the Chicken or Courtney the Cow for 390,000 gold ON SALE. :)
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @Southern (US1)

Yep... See my edit.  :)

Got enough odd size ones to do the job and if not, now I don't care about some wasted space because I know before I get a full deck, it's going to change multiple times. I suspect even then, it will continually change due to new higher pointed deco's, replacing orchards with co-op versions, dairies with tropical ones, etc.. Also figuring out better ways to make placements.

I win enough deco's to keep me going. For me to buy one, it would have to be super special and at the right price, not an over inflated GGS one. Any gold I spend (and yes, these days I do buy a little bit of gold as well as the repeat harvest subscription) only gets spent where I can see added value or for research purposes (I spend a lot of time writing tutorials for other members of the co-op I am in).
  • that fertile worth buying? if not i got 2 of them ....

That's weird, my offer is a 25 & 18 deco.

It's an odd footprint, too - 3x2. Some people like those because they fit in odd places where a 2x2 is too small, but a 3x3 is too big.

Still, @ 9,999 it's cheaper than most. I still get popups for Henrietta the Chicken or Courtney the Cow for 390,000 gold ON SALE. :)
    That decoration was previously awarded to the 1st or 2nd rank player in the cooperative hard worker event. The decoration size has always been 3x2 for the ranking decorations won in that event.

@Southern (US1)

Yep... See my edit.  :)

Got enough odd size ones to do the job and if not, now I don't care about some wasted space because I know before I get a full deck, it's going to change multiple times. I suspect even then, it will continually change due to new higher pointed deco's, replacing orchards with co-op versions, dairies with tropical ones, etc.. Also figuring out better ways to make placements.

I win enough deco's to keep me going. For me to buy one, it would have to be super special and at the right price, not an over inflated GGS one. Any gold I spend (and yes, these days I do buy a little bit of gold as well as the repeat harvest subscription) only gets spent where I can see added value or for research purposes (I spend a lot of time writing tutorials for other members of the co-op I am in).
    I wouldn't recommend buying decorations with gold. You can get a lot of good decorations already from weekly events and other events as you said and they are enough to maintain happiness when needed.

that fertile worth buying? if not i got 2 of them ....
    I wouldn't recommend it. It is more worthwhile in my opinion to leave fertile fields at level 1 and just use the gold to buy handbooks for them. I have level 5 handbooks for a few field items and they work very well that way.
  • oh yes forgot that wish i bought lvl 3 wildflower instead of thos 2 but its late already hehe
    oh yes forgot that wish i bought lvl 3 wildflower instead of thos 2 but its late already hehe
    That's ok. You can save up some gold for when you get a 50% or 60% handbook discount offer. That is the best time to improve your handbook levels.
    oh yes forgot that wish i bought lvl 3 wildflower instead of thos 2 but its late already hehe
    That's ok. You can save up some gold for when you get a 50% or 60% handbook discount offer. That is the best time to improve your handbook levels.
    I've only seen those during Black Friday though (the 60% off sales). I bought quite a few handbooks during that sale. :)
    I've only seen those during Black Friday though (the 60% off sales). I bought quite a few handbooks during that sale. :)
    Me too. I bought level 5 alfalfa, rutabaga, cow milk and three level 3 candy farm handbooks. I am now saving up some gold to try to get level 6 cow milk and level 6 duck eggs when it comes back.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    pretty sure they just had some for a couple days during valentines

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file