Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Feb 21st - Do you hear the music? "Start all", Ciao Steve, New Rewards & more! - Discussion

Comments

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    JVD (US1) said:
    @SuzyQ22 (US1)  I would put in a ticket to support asap!!! something is definitely not right! :(
    Yep, I did, sorry didn't mention it in the post above.  However, I logged out of the game and came back a few minutes ago and it is all normal again.  How strange.  Suzy!
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 23.02.2019
    @JVD (US1) to solve problem of nursery, I am destroying mine on FF as I do not use it enough to warrant not using swift seeder on FF.  May end up doing the same on GF.  All mine are only level 1 so I can rebuild later if I want to
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @Byron Longford (AU1) yep, that is a thought for sure and I may follow as well... getting breeders on FF is crazy, I am lucky to get enough out of tons of harvests... so I might follow in your footsteps... it would definitely solve my issue!
  • marywisc (US1)marywisc (US1) US1 Posts: 176
    I WAS loving the Swift Seeder, so convenient.

UNTIL I ran out of breeders for the nursery, and the swift feeder automatically took gold to purchase them.

If I don't have what is needed then the Swift Seeder should skip that particular item.

Don't keep stealing our gold!!
  • 5-10 Man (AU1)5-10 Man (AU1) AU1 Posts: 249
    @marywisc (US1)

Unfortunately, it is not stealing otherwise we would all be taking them to court in a class action suite. It can only be classified as a trap for unwary people. The big blue button is the first warning sign followed by the pop up window which clearly indicates how much gold they want to grab from you and a written warning gold will be used... The old adage comes into play. "let the buyer beware"

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    What we need now is a repeat all harvester button.  ;)
    @WascallyWabbit

A simple solution to the Turbo Harvest and Speed Seeder. Check boxes to say "Don't Harvest/Seed Me". This would prevent things you are saving for missions being harvested or missing ingredients being paid for with gold. I'm sure the code guru can sort this one out without a great deal of difficulty and you could bet your boots on it, that more people would come on board to buy subscription packages. This and the long promised gold lock would put a million customers minds to rest and allow them to enjoy the game. More gold sales and more subscription sales. Simple business practise 

• ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    also by the way if you start oleg to catch the 10 bass or what ever the the new seed thing wants to restart him so watch out if you use him mostly for the boat so i am sure it will be same with goldfish when that comes around too just so who ever uses him that way is aware
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    edited 23.02.2019
    It sure is nice to upgrade a chicken coop without needing Steve.    :)
    It certainly is. Chicken coops, houses, everything and now, we probably won't need that new select button for Extra Slot Coins, but it was nice of them to finally do something. However, it takes away an element from conversation in chat. "Anybody know when Steve's arriving?"

The big question now is what new thing will they have up their sleeves to throw a spanner in the works?  :)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 23.02.2019
    I have a big problem with the location of the Swift Seeder. I don't use the World Map to go from one farm to another, I use the harvest clock tabs. The Swift Seeder tab is right next to my Main and Gourmet farm tabs.  I know enough about the game to be careful where I click.  ;)  Well, it got me this morning!  Was going to my Gourmet farm and my cursor was too far to the left and I caught the Swift Seeder. Poof! 3000 gold gone! I don't even know what it did for me. :'(  If it can happen that easily to me, it's gonna happen to a lot of other players. I do know that the Swift Seeder tab can be closed, but it's open by default. Needs to be moved out of the way or have a confirmation.  B)

Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • Is there any way to exclude certain buildings from the start all feature?  For example, I purposely leave my gourmet farm composter idle most of the time, and would not want to run it.  Also, what happens when you have too much feed and try to begin production?  Does it auto sell the excess feed or just stay idle?
    @Pietral (US1) Unfortunately the only idle buildings that will not be started are ones that are new or newly upgraded & have not yet been run, where there are no settings to repeat, so you could upgrade or demolish your composter.

If you do not have enough storage, you will be required to sell the excess when you come to harvest the building.
    While that's true for most buildings, production buildings like the mill/silo/composter also do a storage space check when you begin production.  And since all of these products are sold at a loss, I really wouldn't want the game to automatically sell them.

Sadly, I don't want to destroy the composter on my gourmet farm as it is useful for getting more item drops for the food truck event, which is pretty much the only time I run it.

There's no downside to always having fields/animals/orchards/bakery/shop running, since all of them are (almost) always profitable.  But the products from mills/silos/composters can't be sold for a profit, so there is a valid reason to have them be idle at times.  If the start all feature can't exclude these buildings, it really makes the function less appealing, since you can't use the feature during those times without penalty.
    I got a workaround for ya...

Do a run of the minimum amount...  Stockpile regular chicken feed and have your laboratories do a minimum process of premium chicken feed.  On idle mills do a minimum grind of goldfish pellets...  Your coop can always use more goldfish feed in the pond.  On fields just do flowers, dandelions, and jasmine...  a pain but not the end of the world.

The only problem I have now is with my flower farm nursery as I don't want it using up all my water.  So unfortunately I'll have to upgrade it to max to avoid this.

Other than that it's a minor inconvenience and the convenience the function creates is far better than not having the system at all.

MAGNETIX

• @WascallyWabbit

A simple solution to the Turbo Harvest and Speed Seeder. Check boxes to say "Don't Harvest/Seed Me". This would prevent things you are saving for missions being harvested or missing ingredients being paid for with gold. I'm sure the code guru can sort this one out without a great deal of difficulty and you could bet your boots on it, that more people would come on board to buy subscription packages. This and the long promised gold lock would put a million customers minds to rest and allow them to enjoy the game. More gold sales and more subscription sales. Simple business practise 

I was thinking instead of tedious check boxes, moving the cursor to the left keeps that window open, and you can click on whatever item listed to harvest that one item.  The same would work nicely for the new seeder button.  And of course clicking the big button would just do the same as it does now.

I think everyone would be very happy with that...

MAGNETIX

@Magnetix (US1)

I could live with that. Just goes to show, two heads are better than one. Take a good idea and run with it.  :):):)
  • Elenykys (AU1)Elenykys (AU1) AU1 Posts: 6
    Of course....everything is possible if you buy it with gold   >:)
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    A charm all button ... is needed.

One click on it uses brushes and rakes from inventory and applied to the farm we are on at present. So i could just visit a farm and click it. And auto, brushes and rakes will be applied to available buildings. Same way, Ghost rods.
  • A charm all button ... is needed.

One click on it uses brushes and rakes from inventory and applied to the farm we are on at present. So i could just visit a farm and click it. And auto, brushes and rakes will be applied to available buildings. Same way, Ghost rods.
    I love kittens as well. just had a cow mission. 10 cowsheds ready. Turbo Harvested. Then hit all ten with seaweed, instantly ready. Turbo harvested. Then hit the speed seeder all 10 instantly ready. Turbo Harvester, speed seeder etc. I now know how ppl are putting 100 000 milk in a mission in 5 minutes with very few cows. Could you imagine someone sitting on your farm that hit those 10 cow sheds with brushes everytime you turbo harvested. The scores (and rp) would be phenomenal  love the speed seeder but perhaps it needs to deactivate during the cc
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113

I am not able to start any upgrade because of this bug. :(
    I tried to skip it but it says not enough gold.
    Now say GGS what to do with this?

• I am not able to start any upgrade because of this bug. :(
    I tried to skip it but it says not enough gold.
    Now say GGS what to do with this?
    @jitu7 (IN1) Is that a Candy Cowshed that is being upgraded? (They have icons for houses when viewed on outline view) Please can you hover your cursor over the building & get a screenshot of the bubble, thank you. When was the upgrade supposed to  finish?
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    A charm all button ... is needed.

I love kittens as well. just had a cow mission. 10 cowsheds ready. Turbo Harvested. Then hit all ten with seaweed, instantly ready. Turbo harvested. Then hit the speed seeder all 10 instantly ready. Turbo Harvester, speed seeder etc. I now know how ppl are putting 100 000 milk in a mission in 5 minutes with very few cows. Could you imagine someone sitting on your farm that hit those 10 cow sheds with brushes everytime you turbo harvested. The scores (and rp) would be phenomenal  love the speed seeder but perhaps it needs to deactivate during the cc
    The way you described would cost astronomical quantities of seaweed feed , and the amount of RP you would get for putting so much milk would be very minimal

Reputation points output decrease a lot after a certain quantity

it works approximately like this curve

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    @WascallyWabbit

I was thinking instead of tedious check boxes, moving the cursor to the left keeps that window open, and you can click on whatever item listed to harvest that one item.  The same would work nicely for the new seeder button.  And of course clicking the big button would just do the same as it does now.

I think everyone would be very happy with that...

MAGNETIX

I  LOVE this idea. This would be a fantastic solution. In addition, a third button which works the same way for repeat harvesting would just about clinch it.

I would also like to see the option of "do to all of this type of building" when holding down the shift key. When you want to change a seed or feed, say you want to change from normal to super, or normal to speedy, or from corn to wildflowers, holding down the shift key would do it to all remaining for that building type or field.

The above suggestions will just about kill tedious repetitiveness.
  • I have a big problem with the location of the Swift Seeder. I don't use the World Map to go from one farm to another, I use the harvest clock tabs. The Swift Seeder tab is right next to my Main and Gourmet farm tabs.  I know enough about the game to be careful where I click.  ;)  Well, it got me this morning!  Was going to my Gourmet farm and my cursor was too far to the left and I caught the Swift Seeder. Poof! 3000 gold gone! I don't even know what it did for me. :'(  If it can happen that easily to me, it's gonna happen to a lot of other players. I do know that the Swift Seeder tab can be closed, but it's open by default. Needs to be moved out of the way or have a confirmation.  B)

YES !! I fully agree with John, I didn't lose any gold yet, as of today's morning, but ...... I foresee in future on hazy, sleepy days when my hand (or mouse) slips, I will not be happy if the gold gets used for harvesting or planting :(
    Good idea - with Harvester & Seeder, but the location is "slippy" !!

This is almost like not having the "gold-lock", accidents will happen and we going to have a ton of unhappy farmers again.  I think relocating those buttons to a more remote location or less accident-prone zone is a MUST !!

One more thing I have noticed is also - our harvesting when your storage is full got "buggy" since this morning. Usually when you harvest and your storage is filled to Max. you in open harvest window, you sell some produce or you sell the needed difference and you can harvest right away (in the same window).
    At this point - harvesting, when the storage is full became two-step process, the window has to be openned twice, once to sell, 2nd time to harvest .....WHY?
    Very annoying while in fast missions, like lets say growing WF, sell+harvest happens very often - not good bug when you trying to harvest quickly & replant !! :(
  • @jitu7 (IN1) Is you upgrading building fixed now?
  • jitu7 (IN1)jitu7 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 1,113
    @jitu7 (IN1) Is you upgrading building fixed now?
    Yes it is working properly now. :)

• Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    The "Buy Missing Ingredients for Gold" has got to go.

My Nursery on the Flower Farm is *always* out of Breeding Seeds, and the Swift Seeder wants me to pay 100 gold every time I want to use it on the Flower Farm because I have no breeding seeds. I can see the same thing happening *quickly* on the other farms as well.

Also, all my Feeds are full. I usually leave my Windmill idle when that happens, but with Swift Seeder I can't.  Swift Seeder wants to force me to sell 320 Donkey Feed and start another batch (and I'm overflowing on Goat Feed & Duck Feed as well). Additionally, I only use my Gourmet Farm Silo & Composter when I need them for an event; Swift Seeder isn't giving me a choice, and will force me to sell Fertilizer & Humus (not that that's a bad thing necessarily, but I'd rather have the option to leave them idle if I want to).

Maybe a button on the ring menu that "excludes" a building from the swift seeder?

Yes that is a problem, the nursery on the ff. I convert alll my feed to premium so I dont have excess feed in my barns except for fast cow and pig.  And ther is usually so much of that I'm selling it anyway. With the composter I start it with one bag and then hit the swift seeder for the remaining items.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Getting both or none is not an acceptable answer.

WascallyWabbit said:
    OK, I'm really upset now. The fact that Swift Seeder automatically spends gold when you don't have the products needed was not well-advertised, so I wasted a bunch of my hard-earned gold I didn't mean to spend.

Furthermore, I'm out of water for my nurseries. This means I can't use the Swift Seeder button AT ALL without spending gold on water for my nurseries. it's complete junk.

I lost Turbo Harvester in three regions and now I can't use Swift Seeder AT ALL. I'm going to unsubscribe if this isn't fixed by the end of the month.
    how are they superposed to know it does not work for all of us if we say nothing? i dont run my composter on gourmet farm except for WWC so that means i can not use the swift seed there and i cant use the nursery a lot on the flower farm so again cant use swift seed on flower farm much either and i dont use lab all the time on main either so again cant use much there either but that is ok right i am not supposed to be able to complain or express my felling on why this new feature does not work for me so that hopefully then can figure a way out that helps more people use it but right they already somehow magically know how we feel so when they see only positive comments cause us so called complainers are giving it time they are going to fix are counserns 
    @Hapwardare (GB1)  @ijrosh (US1)  We did tell them that we thought the Nurseries would be an issue & clearly they are, so we have asked if it is possible to remove them from the button.  As for the Turbo disappearing from 3 regions, it looks like the 2 buttons are connected, so you get both or none, we have asked if its possible to put back the Turbo, so for both issues all we can do now is wait & see.

Hapwardare, there is no "automatic gold spending" if you hover your cursor over the button it tells you what it will do if you click it. If you are missing some ingredients, it clearly says in red text that it will buy them with gold if you proceed

ijrosh, the team WANT player feedback, so we are more than happy to pass on the negative as well as the positive comments, if no one posts about things that need changing, nothing will ever get changed. The only suggestions I have , for now, regarding silos, composters etc is to either run them with just 1 batch, so that it only restarts them for 1 batch or, if selling is the issues, run them for 1 batch & then do not harvest them, that way the button will ignore them - That will of course, keep the next harvest button green, which isn`t great either.

well i should have known better,working along using the new seeder button when what should i see ,the stupid thing is trying to start an upgrading cow barn,  after running a few field missions i'am now down over 500 wheat feed , o- joy yup i should have known better, you got me again. FIX THE F****** GAME
    @john207 (US1) It does include upgrading buildings in the list of things that it will start, but I tested it when I saw it doing that for my ducks, it  started everything else & did not charge the gold for the upgrading duck & after everything else was started it still showed 1 duck in the button, I clicked it again & got an error pop-up, so that is just a display issue & has been reported.

Kimmiecat (NL1) said:
    I use Opera as a browser since flash was stopped.
    @Kimmiecat (NL1) I have never tried Opera, so its possible that is a bug unique to that browser, if you have another browser you can test on to confirm that, that would be great & in the meantime I will report the issue.

Said will no longer need to wait for him to upgrade buildings to the currently existing maximum levels, you can upgrade them anytime :disappointed:

Instead you did it with the level limit.

Such a shame  :s:s

@Elenykys (AU1) I am not 100% sure what you are saying, the only limit that still exists for upgrading, is your player level, that was never related to Steve & hasn't changed. You can still upgrades beyond your level limit if you use gold & the price gets cheaper the closer you get to the required level, but it is still expensive, in my opinion, much better to just wait until you reach that level & do the upgrade for cash.

@everyone The issue with the start all button planting unwanted edge plants, should just have been the 1st planting after the update, if you plant your fields manually once, after that it should replant them correctly.

What happened to my "harvest all" button on the temp farm or the deep sea?
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Do we get a March Calendar?
    @gavinfarms (US1)

It's up there, but you don't really want to look  :'(:'(:'(
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Too late. Looked already.
  • @gavinfarms (US1)

It's up there, but you don't really want to look  :'(:'(:'(
    Glad that they hear us loud and clear about CCs.
Sign In to comment.