Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion for a permanent 4th Farm

farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
edited 15.02.2019 in Suggestions
  Okay, this idea may sound off the wall, but hear me out.  I'm sure we all agree that they need to fix the bugs in the game before adding new content.  ;)  But now that the Volcanic island concept has been scrapped, I wanted to suggest an alternative concept for a permanent 4th farm. The Volcanic island idea sounded too similar to the temporary Island farm. Boring.  animated-sleep-smiley-image-0007
So what I suggest is something totally new and different!  What do you think of a farm on another planet? Where we grow and harvest strange alien plants and products from strange animals?  Sound like fun to you? I think that the incredibly talented graphic artists at GGS would really love to let their imagination and creativity go wild and make something really spectacular and interesting! I welcome any and all opinions on this idea.  Thank you.  :)

Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on

Comments

• rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    Yes.  I like that idea a lot.     <3     :)
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @farmerjohn 22 (US1)  I love the idea!!! loved Avatar and all that.... what fun it could be for the designers and players!!!

and I want a sig like the picture you posted... maybe with some critters/plants sticking out of  the frame!!!! :)
  • Love this idea.  Beam me up Scotty  :)
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 16.02.2019
    sorry to put a dampener on this great idea, but the problem with volcano farm was they could not tie it into other farms well.  That was why they scrapped the idea, so they said.  This would be even harder to do.  Not saying I don't like it tho.

My idea was easy to tie in and that was to make the 4th farm the same as the main farm on mobile harvest and have the current 3 farms on the 1, it would be a hobby farm, so everyone could build more of what they wanted.  So they could build another mill if wanted, or flower shop or more duck or chicken or cows, whatever. this would better than adding more land to the other farms as give a lot more variety of how to build your farm different for different thing.  Those who do CC could design for that, those who do events different again.

It would be easier on coding, would not slow the game down much as most of it is already there and not introducing new stuff so hopefully less chance of bugs
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    As long  as it is another type of farm then great not like the deep sea fishing area. Not that most won't do it 4 the money but come on we want to be farmers not fishing people ;)
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    After MF, GF, FF

Another 4th farm ... With 7x6 plots ... Is needed.
    Since if dollars could be earned through the 4th farm, it might unbalance the dollar earnings a little. A new Currency could be introduced ... Plots could be opened with dollars but earnings from the new farm is in the new Currency.

The new Currency could be used to trade among players, purchase certain stuff from farms ... Etc etc

This new Currency can also be the basis for 5th, 6th permanent farms which may get introduced in years to come.

So 3 farms earning dollars ... With fishing region.
    Rest new farms with a whole new Currency.
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571

The new Currency could be used to trade among players, purchase certain stuff from farms ... Etc etc

Hmmm, a new currency that could be used to trade among players...  
     that would bring about lots and lots and lots of exploitation.
    I can already think of several ways to cheat the game and gain a big advantage. LOL.  >:)
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    edited 25.05.2019
    So this "new currency" would have a similar setup as the temporary farms or the cooperative village,  
     have its own bank to exchange regular farm dollars into this "new currency,"
     thereafter, the produced goods can be sold for new currency....
     and/or given the option to be sold back as regular farm dollars (similar to cooperative village goods.)

Yet, the temp farms have a dual-currency system, e.g. island dollars + seashells,
     where the seashells tie back into the main farms, by a means of purchasing goods from the Trade Center.
    Would these "new permanent farms" also drop items that can be used as a currency buy items from the Trade Center???

So basically, it would be a similar setup as the temporary farms,
     but these "new farms" would remain permament, hehehe.   :)

EDIT:
    * I vaguely remember the announcement stating the reason they dropped the volcano farm was because it lacked connection  to the 3 original farms.  How would you address this issue ? *
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    edited 25.05.2019
    By all means make dollars the currency for the new farm , i would love it. But this will mean, more dollar earnings for players per week .... to the current already good amount of earnings.

Yes, if OM and FM contracts get nerfed .... specially FM ... OM are already bad now ... then dollar earnings will reduce ...

A new 4th farm can then be introduced based on dollars ...
    Anyhow, i believe the new DSF rework will nerf FM contracts.

Trade among players could be very interesting ..... It will increase the social connection among players .... that is good
  • rpggal33 (US1)rpggal33 (US1) US1 Posts: 150
    Please produce more main farms, instead of temp farms.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    You've just started out here on Big Farm. You will get more farms to work that will stay as you progress up in levels. Don't be in a rush,you'll get there ;
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 20.09.2019
    rpggal33

There are three permanent farms once you have reached high enough levels

The Main farm a Gourmet farm and a Flower Farm
    the Deep Sea Fishing area is also permanent plus the horses

I wouldn't advice doing the temporary farms until the Flower Farm is  is up and running
    Post edited by rhon (GB1) on
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    This is a long term, strategy game, not a quick finish it all type. You need to click on everything, find out what it does, how to improve it and how to make money.  If you had  ALL the upgrades today, what fun would it be?
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Love that theme :)
  • Instead of a doghouse can we have an alien pet on our farm?
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
      Okay, this idea may sound off the wall, but hear me out.  I'm sure we all agree that they need to fix the bugs in the game before adding new content.  ;)  But now that the Volcanic island concept has been scrapped, I wanted to suggest an alternative concept for a permanent 4th farm. The Volcanic island idea sounded too similar to the temporary Island farm. Boring.  animated-sleep-smiley-image-0007
    So what I suggest is something totally new and different!  What do you think of a farm on another planet? Where we grow and harvest strange alien plants and products from strange animals?  Sound like fun to you? I think that the incredibly talented graphic artists at GGS would really love to let their imagination and creativity go wild and make something really spectacular and interesting! I welcome any and all opinions on this idea.  Thank you.  :)

Great idea!  Maybe we could use ingredients from MF, GF and FL to make the rocket/spaceship fuel to get there!  :D
Sign In to comment.