Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Jan 24th - A big change and a whole lot of animal news! - Discussion

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Will we be able to run this on mobile devices?  If we cannot, I will probably cancel my subscription.

If it is truly HTM (and works) this should be no problem!
    I agree. I travel a lot for my job so now that I cant log on to game from my tablet anymore my game time has went way down. I wish they would fix that issue before adding other stuff. 

I think that we need to assume that we lose tablet playing time.  You can get in via the HTML version with Safari, Chrome, Puffin, but you cannot control the screen and move it around.

I still use the Flash version on my desktop.  Unless there are MAJOR changes to the HTML version, this is going to suck, big-time!  And from the announcement, there seems to be no reason to think it will improve.  I am prepared for the game to have a major setback tomorrow.
  • Bibleman7 (US1)Bibleman7 (US1) US1 Posts: 172
    It great to have new things coming to Big Farm, please get all the bugs fix also
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    What I think @FarmerCli (US1) is asking is after you have collected all cat charms to get your cat, does it still collect and hold cat charms for the next upgrade or is anything you collect from events just lost in thin air? If we even need cat charms for that as none of us knows how upgrades will be handled... good question... probably like the construction slot... use or lose!
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    If seems as if many Big Farm players on all servers are unable to get the HTML5 to work with this game.  Unfortunately, our own Rie22 is one of them and will not be able to return to play.  I do not believe that the developers really thought this one through.  Shame!  :/  
  • carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    Well I maybe another one not being able to play this game after todays update. I have tried many times to play on html with my browser Edge to no luck. They still haven't fixed the cursor problem or the lag which is worse than flash.. Absolutely can not play a mission or collect anything. Totally unplayable.
    edited 24.01.2019
    There may be an issue with the design of the game in html  by GGS, but GGS is not the one responsible for Flash being discontinued in the near future... GGS has to switch to html, there is no choice! Hopefully they will be able to make the html work for all one way or the other...
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    Well I maybe another one not being able to play this game after todays update. I have tried many times to play on html with my browser Edge to no luck. They still haven't fixed the cursor problem or the lag which is worse than flash.. Absolutely can not play a mission or collect anything. Totally unplayable.
    with everything i have read if at all possible you should really try chrome or firefox if possible i have read for a lot of people that edge does not work well at all but works okish with chrome and firefox i personally can use chrome it is just blurry for me
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Edge is so horrible that even MICROSOFT is getting rid of it and moving to Chrome.

And that's not a joke. :)
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 24.01.2019
    Ok GGS, so you realize with the permanent move to HTML you no longer have any excuse to delay the GOLD LOCK any further! You promised, so get on with it, your next priority before anything else. :)
  • Do we have any idea what time this will happen and how long it will take? Didn't notice a time frame anywhere.
  • @artful (US1)  The way we understand it, everyone level 15+ who played at least 1 day of the advent calendar & logged in on the 24th, should get the deco - Hunter will double check tomorrow to make sure that that is 100% correct.

@Blue Denim (US1) When was the last time you checked HTML & had issues with the cursor? I agree that many people would like to keep Flash, but there is nothing that can be done about that, it is an Adobe product & they are discontinuing it. Have you tried Firefox? That works great for me.
    I'm obviously not Blue Denim however I have been having the same cursor problem. Last time it happened was an hour ago. 
  • AmazingMurphy (GB1)AmazingMurphy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 572
    edited 24.01.2019
    well, I left html running overnight - got up this morning and cleared the cache (again 53mb in there) and it makes no difference whatsoever.  Before stopping the flash version entirely GGS should have made certain that the html version works for everyone - including mac users, or at least advertise that the game is no longer suitable for mac.  I play other games online and they all work fine, so it has to be something to do with BF and the way its written.

@ mods/cm managers/ggs : I'm still wanting to know if I can get my subscription refunded for the upcoming month, as it will be useless to me as I cannot play a game that doesn't work!  Also if my recent gold purchases can be refunded as once again, they will be useless.

I've tried using Safari and Chrome - both have the same problems.  

The problem is this - when I click to harvest anything at all - it takes almost a minute for the harvest to happen, and to be able to move to the next item.  52 seconds to harvest the bakery.  Then trying to start a new seed for example, takes another 30 seconds plus for the 'circle' to appear.  Its just not possible to play like that.

Strangely, it works better, but still not correctly on the candy farm and apart from being a bit laggy is bearable. Edit - and it works really really well in the co-op village! 

If anyone can help it'd be appreciated - but forget telling me to try different browsers, clear cache etc., thats all been done, tried and fails.  

Edited to add comment about the co-op village.
    Post edited by AmazingMurphy (GB1) on
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Can we play on Mobile ( Android ) in HTML .... ?

If there is a way ... kindly make a tutorial.
    Well I finally relented & moved to another browser Firefox & I must say it is brilliant. lol   I am not having the problems I was with Edge html & it is running very smooth at the moment, so I will stay with firefox :smile:
    At least now I know I can still keep playing the game :smile: 

@Southern (US1) why is Microsoft  going to chrome ??? isn't that a google browser ??

Well I finally relented & moved to another browser Firefox & I must say it is brilliant. lol   I am not having the problems I was with Edge html & it is running very smooth at the moment, so I will stay with firefox :smile:
    At least now I know I can still keep playing the game :smile: 

@Southern (US1) why is Microsoft  going to chrome ??? isn't that a google browser ??

In a nutshell, no one uses Edge, and Chrome has about 65% of the browser market share (Only about 10% of the population uses Firefox, surprisingly).  So MS thinks that by incorporating the Chrome Engine, fewer people will install Chrome and stick with the "Built In" browser in Windows (since it will pretty much BE Chrome already).

Thank you Southern for the explanation :smile: much appreciated,

Well that surprises me as I don't like Chrome..lol

so with Microsoft going to the Chrome engine I suppose it will be available in an update from Microsoft once they have finalized it all ??

sorry I am not computer savvy  lol
    Thank you Southern for the explanation :smile: much appreciated,

Well that surprises me as I don't like Chrome..lol

so with Microsoft going to the Chrome engine I suppose it will be available in an update from Microsoft once they have finalized it all ??

sorry I am not computer savvy  lol
    Yes, it's planned for sometime in "early 2019".  No exact date though.
  • Further update :

I've been messing around this morning and this is the latest:

Co-op village : works really well

Candy Farm : ok - varies between super fast and laggy

Fishing region : not tried

Flower Farm : just about bearable - takes forever but once everything is harvested speeds up

Gourmet Farm : by far the worst - totally unplayable even when everything has been harvested it is still way too slow

Main Farm : pretty much the same as the gourmet farm, but maybe a fraction faster.

So one things seems to be obvious to me.  The smaller the amount of possible harvests the better it works - does that help with any diagnosis?
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Just tried switching to html and the game is unplayable for me - 52 seconds to harvest from the bakery with an empty cache.  Well - its been fun, but I wont be able to play on my mac unless something different happens.  I will try tomorrow, but if not - take care all - maybe see you in another game, another time. Oh and what are the chances of getting my subscription for this month refunded and also my gold purchased?  They will be useless.
    Oh no thats so sad AmazingMurphy, I hope they sort out something for Mac users quick.  I will miss all your posts, it will indeed be a sad day :(:(:( 
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    GGS has written in their investor guide, that they have successfully implemented HTML...so...they need to do this now...no more 'testing'
    HTML is not playable for me, too laggy, to unstabile, bad graphic etc.
    Since May I have halfend my playtime, Since May I haven't purchased gold - Now Ill play the game to only to be in touch with the friends I've made on here ...I smell the end is near.

Happy upgrade B)

• 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    @WascallyWabbit im playing from my phone now in HTML.the game runs well but i cant move in my farm. gamepad and mouse dont work at all
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 24.01.2019
    Html makes the images on the tabs look blurry, it's horrible !! I can't play the game with poor graphics. How do i unsubscribe my subscription please?
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    Html makes the images on the tabs look blurry, it's horrible !! I can't play the game with poor graphics. How do i unsubscribe my subscription please?
    use the link on your email that came when you subscribed 
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    use the link on your email that came when you subscribed 
    Thanks, done
  • WascallyWabbit (FormerMod)WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 6,097
    edited 24.01.2019
    Hi everyone,

A lot of the issues that you are describing (such as blurriness), are mentioned in the announcement under Bug fixes & we will not know until after the update if there have been significant improvements in the HTML version, so we will appreciate your feedback on any issues that still exist after the update.

@wayne.n.moore (US1) or anyone else that still has the cursor problem in HTML, do you know what triggers it? or can you please describe what you do from when you login, to the point where the cursor goes wrong, so that the techs can try to reproduce it & find the cause. - Thanks.

To those asking about Cat charms - As far as we know, charms are only needed to unlock the cat & not for upgrades, so it would be unnecessary to have them in inventory or to be able to save them up.
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    edited 24.01.2019
    Here is what seems to be happening to me.

When I send a message to one of our members my curser sometimes changes to the I thing.

I can fix it by opening the chat window and by moving it in the chat window it will change back.

Hope that helps
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    will the traders still come and go as they do now even under that one roof ?
  • @William Robert (US1) Thankyou for the feedback - Does it happen all the time or just randomly & can you confirm that it has stopped disappearing completely?
    I'm not sure how to confirm that something has stopped, only if it hasn't happened in a long while.  ;)

It seems like a random thing. I must say I haven't seen the text cursor in a long while, but I've done less chatting also.
  • @ wabbit Any news for mac users please? 
    @WascallyWabbit the couple times my cursor changed to an text cursor was when I exited chat and also the mail messages. I either had to refresh game or go back into chat to get the arrow/hand cursor.

Also do you know how long the update will take?
Sign In to comment.