Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Can't start upgrade in Village

Comments

• Kris847n (SKN1)Kris847n (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 133
    JVD (US1) said:
    @Kris847n (SKN1) ATM you have to vote to get a village upgrade going... it has not  yet been fixed by GGS...
    Yes I know, was just asking, if there was some news, mostly to get this issue a little higher op again.
  • Tex-2-Step (INT1)Tex-2-Step (INT1) INT1 Posts: 179
    JVD (US1) said:
    @Kris847n (SKN1) ATM you have to vote to get a village upgrade going... it has not  yet been fixed by GGS...
    Yes I know, was just asking, if there was some news, mostly to get this issue a little higher op again.
    I'm wondering the same thing:  any news as to when there will be a resolution to this problem?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    JVD (US1) said:
    One of the mods had posted that some key people would be out this week and that the issue was top of the list (according to Hunter), so I wouldn't be looking for an answer until early this week at the very soonest.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Its a bit funny

People were complaining that coop buildings were started too easily by anyone before

Now, we have that element of control , and people are still not happy

PS: This vote system works fine, it asks for 23 votes out of 69 members ( Talking for myself )

Just gotta encourage a little bit your members to go vote :)
    Its a bit funny

People were complaining that coop buildings were started too easily by anyone before

PS: This vote system works fine, it asks for 23 votes out of 69 members ( Talking for myself )

we wanted the "vote" thing taken away for a lot of very good reasons. 1/3 of the voting members does not a maority make.

Unfortunately, because of a huge bug that never should have happened in the first place, we are stuck with voting. It's still not a good way to go about it because when the leaders could start the upgrade, everyone knew precisely when the build would start ... now, it's whenever that last voting member happens to log in and start the thing.

Absolutely nothing funny about it, Exxy.
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    Its a bit funny

Nothing funny about this. People were complaining that coop buildings were started too easily by VOTING. If you have a large cooperative the incorrect building can be started too easily.

Not sure how you consider this having an element of control.
  • Shortly before Christmas our Coop buildings would no longer allow the founder or deputies to start upgrade construction.... instead we must now get votes on every building to start the upgrades... the "start construction" button is greyed out even when all the items have been donated... anyone else have this issue???
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    See this thread: https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/187256/cant-start-upgrade-in-village/p1

it is a bug and voting is the only way to go until fixed. who know's when that will happen!

Happy New Year!
  • kary4567 (US1)kary4567 (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    edited 08.01.2019
    Not sure about all the other comments because
    1. Not everyone complained about being able to start construction in the village (but yes people complain either way-can't please everyone all the time!)
    2. These "little" glitches aren't really little.....
    3. "Just have your co-op vote" is that like have your co-op read messages, sign on etc. It's a game, not everyone plays the same. What's the point in having deputies and leaders if I have to wait for one level 7 person to play?
    4. For the record I need 4 votes on a team of 14 and we have been asking for 1 vote for a week.

Not funny at all.
    Instead of all these side challenges to the game-how about fixing the every day stuff first?????

• The same thing happened to me and it's frustrating. Voting to start an upgrade just slows things down. If all the materials are there for an upgrade then anyone should be be able to just push the button to start the upgrade.It'll be easier to upgrade buildings faster. 
    The same thing happened to me and it's frustrating. Voting to start an upgrade just slows things down. If all the materials are there for an upgrade then anyone should be be able to just push the button to start the upgrade.It'll be easier to upgrade buildings faster. 
    Well, no, we really don't want anyone to be able to start an upgrade do we?. With our coop, timing is a key element, and we need some control. It took forever to train everyone in our coop not to vote. Then when the materials were there, I'd schedule a time and alert everyone a few days in advance so they could plan a production or exchange money.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    There is a problem where neither the leader or a deputy can begin the upgrade of a building in the cooperative village. The building is the job centre, which we would like to upgrade to level 3. Now we need to get enough votes from everyone to begin the construction instead of being able to instantly begin construction.
    Known issue. Seems to have started when the Deco Valley was introduced. 

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/187256/cant-start-upgrade-in-village#latest
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Thank you for the information. We managed to get our members to vote so we could begin the upgrade. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.
  • FastSylvia (NL1)FastSylvia (NL1) NL1 Posts: 102
    Come on GGS, how long does it take to repair this Bug...over and over you put new things to this game which harms another properly working thing ...The list of bugs is getting bigger and bigger..So don't implement new things  and  first fix all bugs instead!! 

• Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    edited 10.01.2019
    Does anyone from GGS ever read these threads?  Like everyone else want this bug fixed sooner rather than later  Not in a hurry to upgrade any factory buildings until the WWC is finished so hopefully it will be fixed by then.  
  • There are small coops out there who don't have enough members, so they're just stuck.  If you can't fix it, then at least let people with small coops buy the votes.  That would be a terrible fix but at least people could get their coops moving once again.  It seems really strange that the devs make the game more difficult to like.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Timber and textiles is ready to be upgraded.  All the required stuff is in.

I am the coop leader so why can't I start construction?  NO pop up telling me why I can't. 
    I know if enough people vote it would start but I thought leaders could start it any time?

Here.  Grayed out.

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 11.01.2019
    Timber and textiles is ready to be upgraded.  All the required stuff is in.

I am the coop leader so why can't I start construction?  NO pop up telling me why I can't. 
    I know if enough people vote it would start but I thought leaders could start it any time?

Here.  Grayed out.

@Artmaker (GB1)  It's already known about, Artmaker.  ;)  They're taking a long time to fix it though.  :(

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/187256/cant-start-upgrade-in-village#latest
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Well swell.  I only just started even bothering with the whole coop village.  FINALLY ready to upgrade the Timber etc building and it's grayed out.  Seems a known bug.   For how long now?   A month???

Meh, back to just ignoring it.
  • Hello,
    I would like help to understand what is going on. I am a deputy in my cooperative and from my knowledge (written in the manual) as a deputy I can start construction in my cooperative village anytime I like as long as I provide all the required materials. I have invested a lot of time and materials in order for me to upgrade my buildings in the village so I can use the items made there yet the system is not allowing me to start construction, it asks me to wait for votes, although I do not need it as a deputy. Plus I do not know how to get those vote even the leader of my cooperative cannot help me even after looking into it. 
    Please fix the issue for me
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    For now all you can do is send a message to all your members and ask them to vote to start the upgrade.

When enough members have voted the upgrade will start.

It is a bug that started when the decoration valley was added.

Hopefully they will fix that soon.
  • UmBitty (US1)UmBitty (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    Just want to add my voice to those you've already heard from regarding the inability to upgrade in the co-op village. Could you request that GGS use their new in-game notification system to communicate with us regarding the estimated date when this might be fixed?

Thank you!
    UmBitty
    USA server
  • at the NL server the same issue about upgrading in the village.

please fix
  • So how about an update on when this might get fixed. it's causing a bit of havoc at the Ridge with unexpected upgrades starting at bad times. Typically, I'd give everyone warning for a few days and state a specific time that I'd start the upgrade so that folks can load production with long leadtime items like rope. That way things are being produced concurrently while the upgrade happens. 
    This particular bug is really messing with our ability to plan how much we produce and when to do so.
    Please touch with the techs and let us know what this is scheduled to be fixed so we can let our members know.
    Tks!
  • The M&M factory has been ready to upgrade, and this morning I went to start it. Start button is greyed out (wasn't yesterday). I am coop leader and should be able to start construction. Please, does anyone know what's going on?

Thanks!!

• I'm experiencing the same problem.
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Anyone needing one last vote can count on me.  Send me an invite on US1 server and I will make that last vote for you.  But I won't be staying, lol.  Just want to help you all out.  Already did it for one coop when I was asked.  Let me know.  I am only on a couple times per day but if you invite I will join and take care of it for you, then leave.  I can then join the next one in line.   :smiley:
  • SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    Not sure about all the other comments because
    1. Not everyone complained about being able to start construction in the village (but yes people complain either way-can't please everyone all the time!)
    2. These "little" glitches aren't really little.....
    3. "Just have your co-op vote" is that like have your co-op read messages, sign on etc. It's a game, not everyone plays the same. What's the point in having deputies and leaders if I have to wait for one level 7 person to play?
    4. For the record I need 4 votes on a team of 14 and we have been asking for 1 vote for a week.

Not funny at all.
    Instead of all these side challenges to the game-how about fixing the every day stuff first?????

I posted below, you can invite me and I'll make that 1 vote for you.

• RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    We are expecting this problem to be fixed with the next update to the game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file