Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Can't start upgrade in Village

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We are having the same issue with upgrading village buildings...as leader I should be able to start the upgrade.    It took a whole day to get enough votes to upgrade the pond.  I hope they get this fixed soon!!!
    Same here, voting really doesn't work for us. Scheduling is everything, and voting takes that away.
  • I am having the same problem.  I donated all the materials to upgrade a factory and am a deputy and should be able to start construction.  Now that you have to get votes, I only needed 4 and it has been almost two days and I still have not received 4 votes and therefore cannot start upgrade.  I am the only one who has upgraded and donated materials for upgrades and this needs to be fixed.  Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

• Mrs M.B (GB1)Mrs M.B (GB1) GB1 Posts: 21
    I am the coop founder and leader, and as such I should be able to start upgrades immediately, but can't.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    @Mrs M.B (GB1)

There is a bug in the system and the work around is getting the votes so you can start an upgrade...
  • Mrs M.B (GB1)Mrs M.B (GB1) GB1 Posts: 21
    Thank you JVD, I suspected it was a bug.
  • Kris847n (SKN1)Kris847n (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 133
    Hej, leader or deputy can´t any longer start upgrading buildings without voting, ( koopfarm)
    @Kris847n (SKN1) It is a bug, for now you will have to get votes to do the upgrades. Hopefully they will fix it soon. 
  • pippo (GB1)pippo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 7
    Same problem here. It's ready to start. Sadly, we do not have that many active members to vote start. Help!
    edited 01.01.2019
    We really do need this fixed ASAP. Huge headache because you have to wait for votes and then the upgrade starts whenever, leaving a lot of people with goods stuck in the factories. When the leader can start construction, it can be timed to cause the least frustration.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Tex-2-Step (INT1)Tex-2-Step (INT1) INT1 Posts: 179
    I am the leader of my cooperative, all the required materials are donated for construction, and I am the leader of my cooperative but it won't allow me to start construction (start construction button not highlighted).  I logged out and back in (just incase of glitch) but the same thing.  I did the vote but it still won't allow me to do the start construction:

What have I missed?

Tex-2-Step, INT1
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    Unfortunately there is a bug at large. You have to get your members to click the "vote to start" button. Then it will start.

Keep smiling :smile:
    I am the leader of my cooperative, all the required materials are donated for construction, and I am the leader of my cooperative but it won't allow me to start construction (start construction button not highlighted).  I logged out and back in (just incase of glitch) but the same thing.  I did the vote but it still won't allow me to do the start construction:

What have I missed?

Tex-2-Step, INT1
    What you've missed are all the posts about it! LOL!!  Just teasing you.  Yep, it's a known glitch. Started happening right after Deco Valley. The only work-around for now is to get your team to vote. This really messes our coop up because it's taken for ages to get people trained not to vote because of scheduling, and now I have to ask for votes, which some have taken to mean to vote on everything. Timing is everything, and this screws it up big time. Best of luck to you! :)
  • Tex-2-Step (INT1)Tex-2-Step (INT1) INT1 Posts: 179
    @Summer (SKN1) " , @artful (US1)   Thank you for filling in my missing piece!  I didn't pay attention to what had already been reported.

Tex-2-Step
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    None of the staff seems to have worked for over a week now.  They must have a great benefit package!
    None of the staff seems to have worked for over a week now.  They must have a great benefit package!
    Long Christmas break is pretty much standard in a lot of European countries. Ever since I started playing, GGS has taken a break from Christmas through New Years. (Which is why some of us suggested not running many events during Christmas. No one to fix things if when they break.) LOL!

• Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    If u can't upgrade there is another way using votes I start the building last night 
  • Still can't upgrade anything in the Village.  It's been a week, what's happening?
  • Yep, same here can only upgrade using votes. It's been a week or more. We can get the votes but it has caused some confusion on the team. We usually give a 24 hr notice and start at 9 PM EST. That of course has been suspended and we just start after the last vote whenever that maybe. Stuff gets stuck in the factory and that darn green indicator light stays on in the village. Oh well, maybe vacation will be over soon. Hope all had a Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!
  • Vortex23 (US1)Vortex23 (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    Same problem, this bug is causing a major problem with our cooperative, and all progress has come to a halt.  Voting isn't going to work as only 4 out of 25 people even read messages and emails, so we cannot get enough votes to continue.  We need a priority on getting this fixed!!
  • I want to see the voting for upgrades on the coop to be put to an end!!!  I am a deputy and used to be able to start an upgrade when I had donated all of the material needed for the upgrade.  Now, I have two factories waiting to be upgraded but cannot get the votes!  I have begged and pleaded with all members of the coop to please go in and vote so that these upgrades can begin.  But, I cannot get people to vote.  Upgrades help us to be able to produce more items on our Bakery and Flower farms.  I am about ready to quit the game if this cannot be changed back to where leaders and deputies can start upgrades.  I spend my farm money to plant the trees and bushes to create the materials like sand, rock, etc. and after I do this I want to be able to upgrade.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    I totally agree. The voting is of more harm then help to a co-op! Only the leader and deputies should be able to start upgrades.

Cheers :smile:
  • luvs2wolf64 (US1)luvs2wolf64 (US1) US1 Posts: 170
    I'm not sure if this is actually a bug or I am just really dumb lol, but I have gone from leader to deputy and back to leader again, and now, for the last three village upgrades the buildings are not letting me start the upgrade without the votes. Am I remembering this wrong or did they change it? Before I went back to leader, I had no problem upgrading without the votes, but now that I'm back to leader it will only work for the other deputies unless the votes are done. Any suggestions? 
    @luvs2wolf64 (US1) yep, there is an issue and voting is the only way to get an upgrade going atm! Hopefully they will get this fixed soon.
  • luvs2wolf64 (US1)luvs2wolf64 (US1) US1 Posts: 170
    JVD (US1) said:
    @luvs2wolf64 (US1) yep, there is an issue and voting is the only way to get an upgrade going atm! Hopefully they will get this fixed soon.
    Alrighty, JVD, thanks for answering! 
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    I just had that same problem, and PLEASE do something about it. Have used for ages to teach my members NOT to vote. Now I need them to do so , and that is a bad path.

• DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    This thread started on 12/20... here it is 1/5 and there is still no fix... REALLY?  No one has come back to work yet? Please don't roll out anything new until all this old stuff is fixed. 
  • Kris847n (SKN1)Kris847n (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 133
    Is their a solution?
  • On my cooperative farm I can not start construction instantly, when all material have been donated. It will let me start a vote.
    I am still the leader of our cooperative and I have always been able to in the past..

Can anyone help me? 
    Thanks
    @Kris847n (SKN1) ATM you have to vote to get a village upgrade going... it has not  yet been fixed by GGS...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file