Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Repeat harvester ⏳

gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
edited 09.02.2019 in Suggestions
If we are to consider buying the convenience pack, the repeat harvester needs to really work on everything.  Silos, Windmills, processing buildings, Oleg (not with boats), composters........It needs to work on everything.   And we need to be able to do more than one repeat on some items.  Apples only have one repeat.....you can't get through the night on that.  But processing buildings, this is where we really need it.
Post edited by PicklePaws (FormerMod) on

Comments

• I've found that the repeat harvester either overrides the shortest timer on the farm or fails to register on the timer side bar at all. I'm enjoying this premium feature for the most part, but since I'm paying for it, I feel especially cheated that it doesn't work right. I can't rely on the timers on the side bar and have to keep refreshing the page when I know the timers are off. This makes the game a lot less relaxing and more of a nuisance. Please fix it asap!
  • Furthermore, I keep forgetting to transfer goods to the bakery. Can we please have the goods automatically transferred to the bakery before they go to fill contracts? Thanks!
  • OK, repeat harvester needs an "undo" feature too. There have been times when I've accidentally clicked it. As a premium feature, it needs this.
  • Also, can we please exclude edge plants from the repeat harvester? I don't like running my fields with 70% fewer crops all the time.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 11.12.2018
    And chickens......we should be able to do them 10 or 20 times, not just 3!

What if you hit the repeat harvester button, and then had to enter a number?
    Post edited by gavinfarms (US1) on
  • We should be able to set the number of times we want to repeat harvest each item. Individually, we should have access to the settings on that. 
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    TBH, I like the way the repeat harvester is set. GGS please do not change!

Keeps me thinking and maintaining my farm management, hands on so to speak... I do not want the game to do  everything for me... if it does, might as well quit. LOL

IMHO
  • Also, can we please exclude edge plants from the repeat harvester? I don't like running my fields with 70% fewer crops all the time.
    @Hapwardare (GB1) The repeat harvester will only repeat anything you have done before you click it, I have not tried this, but are you not able to add your edge plants after you have clicked the repeat? As for the timers, they have several issues & need a rework, but we may have to put up with them as they are for a while yet.

@gavinfarms (US1) As far as I know it is intentionally set that way, the idea is for it to add some convenience, but not to be a farming bot. I do agree with you that it would sometimes be nice to have that extra convenience, but I agree more with JVD, that it is not something I would like to see in the game.

We will pass on your suggestions, but I wouldn't hold your breath on this one folks.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Also, can we please exclude edge plants from the repeat harvester? I don't like running my fields with 70% fewer crops all the time.
    @Hapwardare (GB1) The repeat harvester will only repeat anything you have done before you click it, I have not tried this, but are you not able to add your edge plants after you have clicked the repeat? As for the timers, they have several issues & need a rework, but we may have to put up with them as they are for a while yet.

@gavinfarms (US1) As far as I know it is intentionally set that way, the idea is for it to add some convenience, but not to be a farming bot. I do agree with you that it would sometimes be nice to have that extra convenience, but I agree more with JVD, that it is not something I would like to see in the game.

We will pass on your suggestions, but I wouldn't hold your breath on this one folks.
    Once you click on the Repeat Harvester, you can't add or change *anything*.  It repeats exactly what you did before.  You can't add humus, you can't add edge plants, all you can do is sit there are watch the grass (well, corn) grow. :)

If you planted corn, with Regular Humus and Bamboo, then click on the repeat harvester, you get 4 harvests of Corn, with Regular Humus and Bamboo (with the 1st run at full corn & bamboo, the next 3 with the 60% penalty or whatever). It runs for 20 minutes, at which point you can't do ANYTHING except "Speed through" the harvest (with gold) if you so choose.

I *LOVE* the repeat harvester. :)
  • Glad to know y'all are aware of the timer issue and working on it. I hope it gets fixed soon!
  • And yes, I did just try to see if I could add edge plants/humus after activating the repeat harvester. Doesn't work.
  • I fully understand the limit to the repeat harvester.  If we had a 999 que like an RTS game, zombies could plant/produce things all month long and just log on once a week.

HOWEVER

I was thinking that when a repeat harvest is on it's last cycle, you could manually click it again to repeat the last sequence.

That would definitely make it much more nice without creating endless automation.

MAGNETIX

• I understand not setting it up so people only need to log in once a day, but I'd still like more repeats on certain things.

Sometimes if I refresh the page, I can set up another repeat harvest. Now I can run my cherry and peach orchards without any time gap between harvests, which is really nice.

It doesn't work on the chickens and fields, though.

I'd really like to be able to get a full night's sleep knowing that my chickens, pigs, and goats will be continuously fed while I sleep. I can't wake up every half hour to feed them. Can we please set those things to run to a maximum of 10 hours?
    sorry, I do not want my repeat harvester set up to run for 10 hours on anything and I don't plan on getting up every 1/2 hour to feed or fert anything... I will take care of what ever needs doing when I log on the next time! It is a game and the world will not crash if I miss anything! LOL

Thanks! :)
  • JVD (US1) said:
    sorry, I do not want my repeat harvester set up to run for 10 hours on anything and I don't plan on getting up every 1/2 hour to feed or fert anything... I will take care of what ever needs doing when I log on the next time! It is a game and the world will not crash if I miss anything! LOL

Let me guess . . . you're not a subscriber so you don't want those of us who do subscribe to get our money's worth.
    JVD (US1) said:

Let me guess . . . you're not a subscriber so you don't want those of us who do subscribe to get our money's worth.
    I  am definitely a subscriber and love it! ;)
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    Repeat harvestor should be given for FREE to everyone.

Turbo harvestor could be charged fees

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    5$/month is near free, cant even get a meal for that price
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Could we have the repeat harvester working on the temporary farms please?

And I agree in the case of edge plants being planted, it should only repeat edge plants every OTHER harvest, so the second, forth etc is used to clean up.
  • Yes, I really want it on the temporary farms too.

And when is that "friend" of the Turbo Harvester coming? It feels like a week ago when it was announced.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    I dont like that i have to click each orchard and stable to repeat harvest ....

if that start all button comes, make it start all repeat all button
Sign In to comment.