Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

You must be kidding !!!!! - Another Oktoberfest!

Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
Some i....t at GGS decided to run the Oktoberfest again. Yes this is the "technical help" section......but only the technicians can make this event disappear.
Why on earth are you running this event....because some like it? 

WE LIKE IT BECAUSE IT IS ONCE A YEAR

You have a rare gift of destroying everything that is enjoyable.
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    GG... Do you guys even OWN a calendar? 
    THIS IS NOVEMBER!   MID November no less.   OCTOBER IS OVER! 

I suppose any Christmas events will start in Jan then?  Valentine's day would be March?

Come on folks.  If you miss a deadline, shelve it till next year.  Spend the time fixing bugs huh?
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617

I suppose any Christmas events will start in Jan then?  Valentine's day would be March?

Come on folks.  If you miss a deadline, shelve it till next year.  Spend the time fixing bugs huh?
    They didn't miss a deadline. We had the Oktoberfest at the appropriate time. The powers that be decided to do another one. And this one will run even longer.. :(
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    I don't recall anyone complaining that the Golden Week event ran multiple times per year, despite the fact that Golden Week only occurs once per year.  Why do you guys feel it's okay to run that event multiple times but not this one?
    Just speaking for myself, Golden Week doesn't interfere with working your farms. You can win rewards just by regular farming. Oktoberfest is pretty intense and requires a lot of work, tying up fields and production facilities that are needed for other things, especially considering that we are up to our ears now in events running simultaneously. Golden Week was popular with a lot of players, but judging from feedback, Oktoberfest, not so much. Some did ask why an annual event like Golden Week was repeated again, but it doesn't show up very often like other events are now. :)
  • Just speaking for myself, Golden Week doesn't interfere with working your farms. You can win rewards just by regular farming. Oktoberfest is pretty intense and requires a lot of work, tying up fields and production facilities that are needed for other things, especially considering that we are up to our ears now in events running simultaneously. Golden Week was popular with a lot of players, but judging from feedback, Oktoberfest, not so much. Some did ask why an annual event like Golden Week was repeated again, but it doesn't show up very often like other events are now. :)
    I agree with Pietral, what's the big deal?  If some people wanna play it & get themselves some rewards, good for them, if others don't then just ignore it, I am ignoring it . The changes they announced sound good, I would think its a lot easier being able to grow the event seeds on all 3 farms now.

I don't even mind having lots of events running at the same time, I gave up trying to do everything long  ago & now I get to just do the ones I enjoy & ignore the rest. The only downside is that it seems to cause lag for some people, it is not a problem for me, but I do feel sorry for those that are affected, cos lag sucks. :/
    edited 17.11.2018
    Just speaking for myself, Golden Week doesn't interfere with working your farms. You can win rewards just by regular farming. Oktoberfest is pretty intense and requires a lot of work, tying up fields and production facilities that are needed for other things, especially considering that we are up to our ears now in events running simultaneously. Golden Week was popular with a lot of players, but judging from feedback, Oktoberfest, not so much. Some did ask why an annual event like Golden Week was repeated again, but it doesn't show up very often like other events are now. :)
    I agree with Pietral, what's the big deal?  If some people wanna play it & get themselves some rewards, good for them, if others don't then just ignore it, I am ignoring it . The changes they announced sound good, I would think its a lot easier being able to grow the event seeds on all 3 farms now.

I don't even mind having lots of events running at the same time, I gave up trying to do everything long  ago & now I get to just do the ones I enjoy & ignore the rest. The only downside is that it seems to cause lag for some people, it is not a problem for me, but I do feel sorry for those that are affected, cos lag sucks. :/
    I was merely responding to Pietral's question re: why some perceive the Oktober event differently than Golden Week, that's all. 
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Honest answer - for me its because Oktoberfest should be once per year - like Christmas, New Years, Chinese New Years etc., and yes, I include Golden Week in that - it should be once per year, even though we all benefit from its running.  If these events were run annually and for the specified time frame, it would make them something special, to look forward to.

There are too many events - all of which use resources and no time in between to strengthen our farms, rebuild resources etc.  I know we have a choice, if you dont want to play them then dont etc., and with individual events I totally agree.  With co-op events though it is different - I'm in a fantastic co-op that wouldn't pressure you, but the pressure to play comes from myself - you can't think of letting your team-mates down, or at least I cant.  It wouldn't be fair for them to put a whole load of effort in whilst I sat back and did either nothing or the bare minimum then benefited from someone elses hard work - thats not my way, or the way it should work.

So for me, annual events should be just that.
    edited 17.11.2018
    Honest answer - for me its because Oktoberfest should be once per year - like Christmas, New Years, Chinese New Years etc., and yes, I include Golden Week in that - it should be once per year, even though we all benefit from its running.  If these events were run annually and for the specified time frame, it would make them something special, to look forward to.

There are too many events - all of which use resources and no time in between to strengthen our farms, rebuild resources etc.  I know we have a choice, if you dont want to play them then dont etc., and with individual events I totally agree.  With co-op events though it is different - I'm in a fantastic co-op that wouldn't pressure you, but the pressure to play comes from myself - you can't think of letting your team-mates down, or at least I cant.  It wouldn't be fair for them to put a whole load of effort in whilst I sat back and did either nothing or the bare minimum then benefited from someone elses hard work - thats not my way, or the way it should work.

So for me, annual events should be just that.
    Very true. And you're right about coop pressure. Even in our laid back group where participation in anything is strictly voluntary, some feel duty bound to give their all to everything. 

And then there's the interconnectivity of events.  If you want to just focus on WWC points, but some other events also award them, then you'll be pressed to do those as well.. The themed events are non-stop now, and many have opted to skip them. But those large amounts of WWC points make it difficult to skip the event. Same for RP points connected to other events. You might want to let some events slide on by, but then you'd be penalizing yourself. 
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495

They didn't miss a deadline. We had the Oktoberfest at the appropriate time. The powers that be decided to do another one. And this one will run even longer.. :(
    I only tried it one time and hated it.  It's high on my ignore it list.  Several people in the coops are grumbling about it too.

Pretty bad to have an event that most people can't wait for it to be gone.
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    I am ignoring the Notoberfest like I do most events. I start the HWEs to get the seaweed and run corn which usually gets me to the construction tokens
  • Relax...

It's all due to financial hard times...

By running the Oktoberfest again they can get players to spend gold on special seeds...

MAGNETIX

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 28.11.2018
    I don't recall anyone complaining that the Golden Week event ran multiple times per year, despite the fact that Golden Week only occurs once per year.  Why do you guys feel it's okay to run that event multiple times but not this one?
    @Pietral (US1)  Maybe because if you want to play the Oktober fest somewhat meaningfull, you have all your fields occupied for watertools, sugerbeet and tomatoes????
    That does not sit well with CC's and HWE's running at the same time. Not to speak of the Village Fair.....it is one or the other.  GGS does not seem to understand that.

The golden week does not interfere with other events.
    Post edited by Kimmiecat (NL1) on
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 22.11.2018
    MAGNETIX yes and make players leave 2 have left the game today that i know of.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    My problem with Oktoberfest event is the rewards are not worth the effort. Are the contracts even profitable because it seems to me that we are flushing farm dollars down the toilet?

Others have stated the difference between Golden Week and Oktoberfest is that GW doesn't affect progress in other events because it doesn't tie up fields and production buildings. The rewards are also MUCH MUCH better.
  • oktoberfest, takes up produce and fields/gardens/meadows, golden week:gives you great rewards and a great deco and does not tie anything up.
  • I too am annoyed at the second Oktoberfest.
  • I like Oktoberfest. Maybe because my birthday is in October.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Once a year is plenty for the Oktoberfest event ;)
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Once a year is plenty for the Oktoberfest event ;)
    I totally agree.
    But I fear that GGS is going to run it every other month.
  • Once a year is plenty for the Oktoberfest event ;)
    I totally agree.
    But I fear that GGS is going to run it every other month.
    More likely every month!  We asked for less CC's and got more - and they added the village fair for good measure!  We've said Oktoberfest (or wewantyoutobuygoldfest as I prefer to call it) should be once a year, so they will run it at least monthly - nah! make that twice monthly, for 2 weeks each time.  If I didn't still love tending to my farm and watching it continue to grow and strengthen I'd be long gone by now - a company that treats its customers so badly really doesn't deserve to have customers at all.
    It will not allow me to upgrade the buildings for the oktoberfest unless i gold the upgrade i am already doing on main farm, i thought it used it's own window ?
    It will not allow me to upgrade the buildings for the oktoberfest unless i gold the upgrade i am already doing on main farm, i thought it used it's own window ?
    i shall start a new thread maybe then i will get an answer on this !
  • It will not allow me to upgrade the buildings for the oktoberfest unless i gold the upgrade i am already doing on main farm, i thought it used it's own window ?
    i shall start a new thread maybe then i will get an answer on this  

@uksharon (GB1) That is how it is set up, the Oktoberfest uses the regular building slots, including the one that takes your tokens, if you have 50. We have asked for this to be changed.
    Thank you 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file