Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 23rd - Handbooks, Subscriptions & all the Fixins' - Discussion

Hi Guys,

Have fun discussing the Latest Update here!

Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Just one question.   Is this game going to remain something someone can play for free?
  • PCA (GB1)PCA (GB1) GB1 Posts: 839

Does GGS have in mind to run the Oktoberfest during the Holiday Season ?  A Dezemberfest ?

The amounts of goods to prepare while the customers wait are way too high, as mentioned many times in forums, was there any adjustment to those amounts ? Still a 3 week long event ? Longer ?

• Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    So GGS expects us to participate in the next Village Fair, due in a couple of days, when we have not been given our rewards for the last one.  Do you think that's fair GGS!!!  Delay the next Village Fair until we have received our rewards!
  • So GGS expects us to participate in the next Village Fair, due in a couple of days, when we have not been given our rewards for the last one.  Do you think that's fair GGS!!!  Delay the next Village Fair until we have received our rewards!
    I was just going to say exactly the same thing!  I too would like clarification as to whether GGS seriously expects us to play the next VF before we get the rewards owed to us from the last one?  Seriously!  I wonder if their staff would stat working the next month if they hadn't got their salaries last time?  

But this is GGS and we know they seem to love upsetting their customers with their total lack of respect and thought for those keeping them in jobs.
  • From "Info Blast! - Subscriptions and what to expect" posted 17th Oct.
    @gavinfarms (US1) said:
    1.  Will players know which member so the coop bought the coop and which ones did not?
      Answer from @CM_Hunter 19th Oct.
    1. Yes, it will be visible when players have an active subscription.

But then - 

From @RowdyRac "FAQ -Subscription packages" posted 6th Nov. 
    Will other members of my cooperative be able to see if I have bought subscription packages?
    No. The members of your cooperative can't see if you bought a subscription package or not. For the Co-op Package it is only displayed how many members have bought it but not who. 

I'm guessing the latest post would be the right information, but could someone please verify which is correct? Thank You :)

• RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @Sheila NOLA Gal (US1)

It might just be a question of phrasing that causes confusion.

I specifically asked "Will other members of my cooperative be able to see if I have bought subscription packages?", based on the question asked by gavinfarms, and was told very clearly that they will not

All cooperative members will be able to see how many members of the coop had purchased a cooperative subscription, but there will not be names displayed of who had or who had not.
  • eug1 (NL1)eug1 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 11,434
    What kind of compensation is this. Give one week double XP for missing almost a month of these XP. I have for more than three months double XP waiting. One week more is nothing for me. As I mentioned before I miss already more than one hundred million dollars and a few hundred gold for missing level up. How about compensation for that. I paid gold to get these XP doublers. And I get nothing in return for a fault made by GGS. Come on. Come with some better compensation.
  • RowdyRac said:
    @Sheila NOLA Gal (US1)

It might just be a question of phrasing that causes confusion.

I specifically asked "Will other members of my cooperative be able to see if I have bought subscription packages?", based on the question asked by gavinfarms, and was told very clearly that they will not

All cooperative members will be able to see how many members of the coop had purchased a cooperative subscription, but there will not be names displayed of who had or who had not.
    I understood your phrasing perfectly.
    However CM_Hunter gave a very different answer to gavinfarms question.
    "1. Yes, it will be visible when players have an active subscription."
  • connie_86 (US1)connie_86 (US1) US1 Posts: 137
    edited 07.11.2018
    Oktoberfest is one of the events of the game I hated. Way to difficult to make products for that when trying to make products for normal events or stocking up on items.
    This is game is getting harder to play for players who don't buy gold or who choose not to buy the subscription.
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    edited 07.11.2018
    No HTML fixes then ??????

can they not add one to fix ????

BTW i constantly use html so would like at least one issue resolved ;)
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    If there is extended downtime due to server crash or extended maintenance or something, will there be any compensation for the lost time?  If people are paying for this time in advance, I think a clear policy on this would be helpful.
  • Juitsu (SKN1)Juitsu (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 95
    Is that double Xp for every player? I really don't want to have it for a week. I try to keep my points as low as possible so if it is so, then it is a horrible punishment. 
  • The xp doubler has not been working on production buildings since the 16th October, Today is the 7th November. That if I am correct is 21 days. I have been using 2x XP for ALL 21 DAYS! Gained from the various wheels it's one of the ways I and others level up. You are going to give me 7 days of 100% to compensate? A person who only used 2 days will also get 7 days. This is NOT fair. I am not alone in this. Kishwarparveen5 and wayne.n.moore also on the US server are in exactly the same situation. I hope to hear more!
  • matt14696, also on US server is in the same situation as I am - this problem could have been fixed within 2 days of it happening. Since the 16th October there have been numerous wheels of fortune and more and more ppl getting access to the 48 hours of 2x XP compunding the problem. 
  • Oktoberfest - I dislike this event.  Due to it uses my fields on the MF only.  The only reason I do it is because it is a coop event.  Make it an individual event and I can opt not to do it.

• our whole co op opts out of Oktoberfest, most disliked event on the calendar for us
  • If you are going to run Oktoberfest more than once a year, which month are you going to do away with? I don't like April but then it only has 30 days and October has 31. Could be quite a challenge
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    2 questions:

--- When will the WW trader be updated to include the newer specialty buildings, skins and so forth?  It is getting terribly dated.

--- When will the revamped Oktoberfest next run?  I am ready!
  • Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266

What GGS are demonstrating in this update is that they have coded a new user interface that allows the user to click less times. That is, such code exists now which reduces the risk of Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI) from playing their game. However, they are only going to allow players who **pay real money** to use it. This means that players who are invited to "play for free" are being placed at increased risk of RSI by GGS compared to subscription paying players.

This selling of unlimited use of "Convenience Packages" for paying real money is morally wrong. I am wondering if such groups as the World Health Organisation might become interested in this new type of computer games business behaviour?

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    2 questions:

--- When will the WW trader be updated to include the newer specialty buildings, skins and so forth?  It is getting terribly dated.

--- When will the revamped Oktoberfest next run?  I am ready!
    There is going to be one combined trader at some point where you can shop using all your different kinds of coins. Whether this will result in different skins, etc., remains to be seen.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Will there be a way to increase the inventory level for products produced during OktoberFest? Will the co-op package add extra time beyond 1 day (for each player who buys it) before a breakage fee is applied in the village?
  • I hope they get the village horse meadow fixed also. Seems to be broken after this mornings maintenance, I get an error when I attempt to breed my horse. Guess it will take another spin or two around the wheel.
  • Norge (GB1)Norge (GB1) GB1 Posts: 90
    edited 08.11.2018
    =====================================================================================
    Part I
    =====================================================================================
    WascallyWabbit Moderator › Posts: 4,490
    This has been reported, the team are already on it 

I had same problem, i switched from html to flash then back again and it was there 
    Hi Jan 
    HTML do not display ur booster 
    But this issue here is a bug , u have ur booster in display but no effect 
    im sure our GGS friends will fix it before christmas 
    Part II
    24 days passed, 44 to Christmas 

GGS lets make something very very clear here MOOKAY !

The week before the update, i finished first in week exp ranking,
    Last 12 months, maybe few times i havent end up in top 10 week exp ranking!
    now i cant make it to top 50 ! Why, because Double exp booster doesnt work ;(`
    Also it is demotivating, and ruining the whole idea of competition, cos not everyone dont have the booster bug !

BUT GGS ARE ON THAT ! The Moon is from cheese and the Earth is flat !
    Im a believer... Church and GGS will never lie ! Amen

i have 25 000 h DOUBLE EXP BOOSTER! = 1041 days ! = 35 months = almost 3 years...

My question is... (and be very careful with the answer, because u put my and 50 other people future in UK1 server at the very edge! No no no, we are not leaving ... you are kicking us out - am i clear here!)

Do you think i prefer option 1 or option 2 !

1. Add 24 days(the time after update till fixing the bug) double exp booster to my 1041 days...so i have 1065 days 

or...

2. Fix the bug and make the booster works +100% (double exp) and ADD to it as form of second +100% exp booster...
    Complicated to understand!
    ill try again...
    For every day with missing double exp booster, compensate with triple booster!

For example 30 days with missing double exp(+100%) = 30 days with triple exp booster (+200%)

Fair enough !

Or i have another idea, how about when people purchase Gold, your bank to tell em:

GGS Bank:
    - We transfer you the gold, but there is no money in the bank account that you use to order the gold, sir!
    Citizen:
    - This has been reported, the team are already on it 

Happy farming everyone 

Jah bless, one love, fook Babylon 

==============================================================================================
    Part III
    ==============================================================================================

XP doubler after last update

After the previous update some players who had an active XP doubler noticed that the doubler was not working anymore. To compensate for these losses we will active a 100% XP booster for one week, which will begin after the update.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My question is...

Next week by the time u fix it, it will be 1 month no double exp ;) bugs happens, its alright...
    and "GGS team are already on it"  so far so good...

But i havent been at school and my math is not so good, so im asking for help...

If i have 1 month missing 2 x Exp, and as a compensation i get "for these losses we will active a 100% XP booster for one week, which will begin after the update."

Does that means that if i purchase Gold, it is okay to pay 1/4 of the price ?

Happy farming everyone
    With all my respect and love, your beloved friend...
    Norge

p.s. Wabbit, nothing personal, u wont believe me, but i feel you...
    You have hard times, being between the hammer and the anvil

Feel free to tell to GGS - "Norge is annoying me, please give him back what u have taken from him, not less or more...
    and he will be a good boy again... Quiet clicking cabbage in his corner, like before... he came to spam our lovely forum!"

Hugs
  • tinus79 (NL1)tinus79 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 53

XP doubler after last update

After the previous update some players who had an active XP doubler noticed that the doubler was not working anymore. To compensate for these losses we will active a 100% XP booster for one week, which will begin after the update.

for almost a month not playing with double xp ?????????????????????

SHAME ON YOU  GGS

thats stealing from the people who play the GAME so you all can get your salaries

thats realy all you can give for letting u play with GGS failure for almost a month ?????

nice to know what respect you have for players who buy gold for many years

who's fault was it ??  

O sorry i forgot  it was the HOTBUG what ruined are fun for almost a month we got from GGS

know what ?  you can keep my week compensation also 

level 562 and play many hours  but cant say the game is getting beter trough the years

• Oh dear - it seems like we all have wasted our time and effort, and goodness know how frustrated others have become by this - I dont think I'm the only one!

We dont want more events - we want less.  How many times has it been said?  I'd like to know, really I would.

Oktoberfest should be just that - the clue is in the name for goodness sake!  Oktober/October.  Once a year, not twice, 6 times, 10 times - ONCE!

I am honestly and truthfully fed up to the back teeth with the barrage of broken events, no rewards, unobtainable targets, hollow meaningless promises, and the ever demanding 'buy gold' tactics.

Why would anyone spend real money on something that is broken?  

Why would anyone spend real money when their requests for less events is totally ignored in favour of more and more events that come complete with all sorts of errors?  GGS call them bugs, I call them errors.

You have seen my last purchase GGS - maybe when its all fixed and you actually listen to what your customers want I'll re-think, but until then, not a single penny comes your way from my hard earned cash. 
  • grrr (NL1)grrr (NL1) NL1 Posts: 664
    Is that double Xp for every player? I really don't want to have it for a week. I try to keep my points as low as possible so if it is so, then it is a horrible punishment. 
    For the people who "lolled" this post, you might want to consider that every player has his/her own strategy, and yes, I'm one of those people who try to avoid XP as much as I can.
    A week of double XP, or even worse, XP for normal production is indeed a punishment for me and others with the same strategy. The WWC is one of my favourite events so not logging in for a week is hardly an option.
    The whole XP compensation seems weird to me, people who have lost a month's worth and really want it get the same as those that didn't have it and certainly don't want it.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Ok, so what is the smuggler?
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Ok, so what is the smuggler?
    That's Yarnacle.

I'm a little concerned about that one, actually - if they do indeed "Reduce Duration" on Yarnacle's Boat, does that mean he'll be coming more than twice a day? Currently he's on a 12-hour schedule. Anything that throws off that schedule will mean that he'll start coming & going at different times, which will make it more difficult to collect his rewards. 

Guess we'll find out when it gets here though, so I won't worry about it till then. :)
  • Xcution (INT1)Xcution (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,183
    Xp is not working still  ;);) ;)any promise  is going to be completed or not even once ? on the time

• BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    Ok I see good Ernest Questions. I see some post by some that were harmed in some ways or another - I seen a post on what may be fixed. However I do not see a post on where are the subscriptions - I have not opened any Books to see if there updated. I have the books I want and need for now updated. So did the subscriptions make it in this update - If so where might I find them. I like to test things and so look forward to see how they do in real server time and on my farm.

Sign In to comment.