Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update Nov 23rd - Handbooks, Subscriptions & all the Fixins' - Discussion

Comments

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Ok, after playing with it for almost a full day, I can unequivocally say:

I had of course used it before, but sparingly, as the gold cost on some things were too high IMO - but now that I can use it on anything (where available), anytime, it's soooooo much better. :)
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The Jetty.....................I still cannot figure out why or a perfectly predictable pattern, but I don;t always get a personal supply box, when I should.

I will keep watching this.
    Ok, after playing with it for almost a full day, I can unequivocally say:

I had of course used it before, but sparingly, as the gold cost on some things were too high IMO - but now that I can use it on anything (where available), anytime, it's soooooo much better. :)

IF..........................IF the repeat button worked on the temp farms, I would have already bought it.

GGS.....Hint, hint, nudge, nudge!
    gavinfarms (US1) said:

IF..........................IF the repeat button worked on the temp farms, I would have already bought it.

GGS.....Hint, hint, nudge, nudge!
    The Turbo Harvester works, that makes things a bit easier.. But I agree, a repeat button for the fields, penguins, orchards and workshop would be nice.
    We have members who have bought the coop package.  Some fish contracts have some help and others do not.  It does not appear to work perfectly on the fish contracts.
    We have members who have bought the coop package.  Some fish contracts have some help and others do not.  It does not appear to work perfectly on the fish contracts.
    @gavinfarms (US1)

I had the same problem at first.  The first 5 fish contracts I received after buying the Co-Op Subscription received no help, then all of a sudden it started working. Not sure what triggered it, but all my contracts are getting the 2% bonus when they appear now.

I have no idea what I did to make it just start working all of a sudden.
    Is the Christmas Wheel of Fortune coming back?.......Last year we had it on Thanksgiving weekend.  It is the one where you could win a Viking donkey or goat.
    @gavinfarms (US1)

I had the same problem at first.  The first 5 fish contracts I received after buying the Co-Op Subscription received no help, then all of a sudden it started working. Not sure what triggered it, but all my contracts are getting the 2% bonus when they appear now.

I have no idea what I did to make it just start working all of a sudden.
    It seems to only not work on those that have a "0" in the little box.  It works on ones with all numbers other than zero in the little box.
    edited 25.11.2018
    Is the Christmas Wheel of Fortune coming back?.......Last year we had it on Thanksgiving weekend.  It is the one where you could win a Viking donkey or goat.
    It is, but they haven't given us a date when it will be here yet. They've cancelled the Christmas Preparations Event this year, that's the one that usually started after Thanksgiving. Santa's Workshop (that's the Wheel) hasn't started (historically) until December 24th/25th.

The Advent Calendar will probably start on December 1st.

(Edit: One of these days I'm going to slow down my reading.. I don't think you were talking about Santa's Workshop, were you? I have no idea about the Christmas Wheel of Fortune. :))
    edited 25.11.2018
    It is a Wheel of Fortune truck.....just like there is one for the CC, the WW, the temp farms, and so forth.  And it requires 20 spins to get to the bonus round, instead of 8.  The prize for being in the top 5 was a Viking donkey.  It came many times last year, sometimes for only 24 hours at a time, instead of two days like other Wheels, and it started during Thanksgiving last year, and came many times until around New Year's.

below is its original post.....

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/166449/update-nov-20th-goldfish-rescue-and-christmas-vibes#latest
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 25.11.2018
    It is, but they haven't given us a date when it will be here yet. They've cancelled the Christmas Preparations Event this year, that's the one that usually started after Thanksgiving. Santa's Workshop (that's the Wheel) hasn't started (historically) until December 24th/25th.

The Advent Calendar will probably start on December 1st.

(Edit: One of these days I'm going to slow down my reading.. I don't think you were talking about Santa's Workshop, were you? I have no idea about the Christmas Wheel of Fortune. :))
    :
    Oh, that one is my favorite of all the WoFs. It's called the Holiday WoFor the Festive WoF or something like that. As Gavinfarms pointed out, it cost more tokens per spin, but the prizes were pretty nice.

I don't remember it ever showing up in November. I usually saw it a few times starting mid Dec.
  • Magnetix (US1)Magnetix (US1) Posts: 94
    edited 25.11.2018
    Guess what?  When the coop subscriptions are active, it automatically adds items to your contracts..

Great except...

If I cancel a contract you now have a window popping up saying you have items added to it already...

BUT WORST OF ALL

When a new contract comes out with a timer, the subscription adds items and starts the timer automatically!  So now I have contracts expiring even though I didn't add any items!

THIS IS PATHETIC!!!

This is an OBVIOUS issue that you should have foreseen when developing, and DEFINITELY should have been caught while debugging and testing.

I would have NEVER allowed a careless error like this to exist. 

MAGNETIX

Edited to remove insults.  PM sent.   \\  Rowdy

BTW, the "items added" that you mention refers to the  percentage product that Lester's Stash contributes to your order, you are not losing any produce.

Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
    edited 25.11.2018
    Guess what?  When the coop subscriptions are active, it automatically adds items to your contracts..

Great except...

If I cancel a contract you now have a window popping up saying you have items added to it already...

BUT WORST OF ALL

When a new contract comes out with a timer, the subscription adds items and starts the timer automatically!  So now I have contracts expiring even though I didn't add any items!

@Magnetix (US1)

It's been reported, we already have a thread for it.
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
    This problem still exists, some contracts have added items and some do not.  The theory of it only being the "0" contracts....this does not work out.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.  I can deduce why it happens on certain contracts and not others.  I cannot see the pattern.
    This problem still exists, some contracts have added items and some do not.  The theory of it only being the "0" contracts....this does not work out.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.  I can deduce why it happens on certain contracts and not others.  I cannot see the pattern.
    I *just* received a Fishing Contract that doesn't have the 2% bonus applied. First one all day (and I've been through about 10 contracts today). It is a level 0 contract, but I have 2 OTHER level 0 contracts where the bonus WAS applied (and of course, I turned them down because they were 3+ item contracts).

So that's weird. Doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    edited 26.11.2018
    Let's use the Discount training for an example here.

I can understand from this image that 5 members must have a subscription for all members to get the 3% bonus.
    My question is, will the members that have bought a subscription get the 3% bonus anyway?

edited to add this...
    I am not sure if I want to buy a subscription or not.
    I don't see myself paying $10 a month to only get 5 out of 16 bonuses.
    Post edited by CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) on
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325

I can understand from this image that 5 members must have a subscription for all members to get the 3% bonus.
    My question is, will the members that have bought a subscription get the 3% bonus anyway?

edited to add this...
    I fell the exact way I messaged my coop and said I would buy it if 4 other members did too and no one wants too there for I would be paying 10 dollars a month so other members can have a benefit because I could care less about the first 5 benefits to be clear they are not benefits to me I have lesters stash so could care less about a 2percent discount and I don't care about more experience points I am high enough level to get everything I want and I forgot the other 2 or are they the 2percent in crease in sale price if that is the case I don't care about that ether I fill Mabe 1 or 2 contracts at the fish a month and not many at the market ether right now so yes I would love to help my coop members out but not for 10 dollars a month when that 10 dollars does not do much for me yes it would be great and no problem if 15 other members would sign up but they won't so just not worth it to me unless I was to be able to have all of the benefits at starting level if I am paying 10 dollars I should get everything it should not matter if other people are paying or not

edited to add this...
    No; if only 1 person subscribes to the Co-Op Subscription, then everyone in the Co-Op (including the subscriber) only gets the benefits of the percentages in the "1 person" column.  If 2 people subscribe, then everyone in the Co-Op (including the 2 subscribers) only get the benefit of the percentages in the "2 people" column, etc., etc.

5 different people in the Co-Op would have to subscribe to the Co-Op Package in order for everyone in the Co-Op to get the 3% bonus in the Discount Training category.

What I expect will happen is that Co-Ops will start attracting those people that subscribe, maybe even as a requirement of membership (at least in some of the top tier Co-Ops).
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Thank you @Southern (US1), that is what I was afraid of.

Just like everything else they have released and all the changes they have made. The larger money spending co-ops will be the winners again. They always say they don't want to off-balance the game, but that is all they are doing these days. I am not downing the larger money spending co-ops out there just making a point.
    It would be amazing if GGS could participate in this thread and answer some questions.........just sayin'.....
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    @gavinfarms (US1)

We're not GGS per se but maybe the Mods can help (if our helpful forum posters have not already answered in this thread) ... what would you like to know ?
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    i am so very disappointed in the subscriptions i was all ready to buy the coop one but i dont think i will now i am not going to pay 10 dollar a month for a couple of benefits because i do not have very many gold buyers in my coop if any at all that will buy the subscription so there for i am not entitled to all of the benefits this is by far  the worst thing i think you have ever done next to this whole kite problem i understand it is a "coop" package but i should not have to pay 10 dollars and not get everything just because i m not in a coop with a lot of gold players no i understand not allowing everyone in the coop to have the benefits in till the curtain number is reached but if you are paying the 10 dollars you should be entitled to all of the benefits at the being stage 
    The whole co-op benefits from even one subscriber, the more people who subscribe the more and better benefits you get but everyone gets the benefits of the co-op pack. You do get the pack, you just get more when more people subscribe. I understand if you're not happy with the packs and they don't suit your personal needs, but I think it's a little much to say it's the worst thing we've ever done simply because you're in a co-op who does not like the pack. We have plans to see how the packs go, potentially make changes in future and update them again, we will first take a look at the feedback and then make decisions later on what we can add or change. If you're not happy with the co-op pack, maybe you would prefer the single player one which benefits you only. You might even consider joining a co-op who are subscribers but we cannot create a package just for one player's needs or because one co-op does not feel the subscription is valuable for them.

When the first big news was abuzz, I was excited about it, but then I found out that GGS would not be allowing gift cards to be used just for a single 1 month subscription.  With that in mind plus seeing the low levels of goodies involved with subscriptions, it no longer is appealing to me...my opinion.  That tab at the bottom of our farm screens is an easy one to ignore.   :D  o:)
    We will be looking into the potential for new payment methods, for now we will see how it goes with the ones we are using but in future the available methods could expand. I don't have a timeline on that for now as we are just discussing it and it's very early stages yet but the options available now are not necessarily the only ones we will use, they are just the only ones for now.

It would be amazing if GGS could participate in this thread and answer some questions.........just sayin'.....
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3991116/#Comment_3991116
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3988593/#Comment_3988593
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3985115/#Comment_3985115
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3986982/#Comment_3986982

If I make too many more comments I fear I'll be the only one participating in the thread :sweat_smile:

This is likely because contracts that have already been started are not affected, but new contracts after buying the subscription will receive the bonus. It's intended behaviour but we weren't of it previously, which is why we didn't mention in our FAQs.

edited to add this...
    Exactly as @Southern (US1)  mentioned, each column refers to subscriber numbers. The first column is the benefits that ALL co-op members receive if 1 member subscribes, the 5th column is the benefits that ALL co-op members would receive if 5 members subscribe.
    Cm hunter but you can it is very easy make it so the person who buys it gets the beginning benefit of all the things offered so to be clear you want me to throw away 3 years of hard work and money and time I have spent getting the coop were it is now because none of the members want to buy the subscription and yes I understand that it benifots the whole coop that is why I was all for it and I wanted to buy it I still do but I am really struggling with it it just does not seem fair that I am having to pay 10 dollars for 5 of the benifits but someonr in a big coop with a lot of paying members might not have to pay anything and get all of them and at top level cause the max is 30 people and there can be up to 75 players that means it is possible for 45 players to have to pay nothing because they are lucky enough to be in a big coop with a lot of players willing to pay money to play but because I am not that lucky I have to pay 10 dollars for me to not get anything I personally need so I can help feel like a good leader and help the members of my coop out a little besides I must be stupid and cant read because I swear when I read the description for the coop package in the thread on the forum for them it said some of the coop package was for the coop and some was just for the buyer so yes I think the buyer should get all of the benefits at thr starting level then ad more members sign up of they do then get thr opprate increases in the benefit and of course I am only talking about the buyer the whole coop still only gets what ever according to the number of membets signed up
    This is what I was talking about with the post in the forum about the packages
    Are the benefits from the co-op package counting only for me and those other members who also signed up for a subscription, or for my whole co-op?
    Some benefits of the co-op package can be used by the whole co-op regardless of whether the other members are subscribed as well, and some can only be used by you.
  • durbar (IN1)durbar (IN1) IN1 Posts: 138
    Thank you @Southern (US1), that is what I was afraid of.

Just like everything else they have released and all the changes they have made. The larger money spending co-ops will be the winners again. They always say they don't want to off-balance the game, but that is all they are doing these days. I am not downing the larger money spending co-ops out there just making a point.
    The coop does not win, the money alone wins. And that's not disheartening, money was discovered to help the weak.

Let's swallow the lump in our money-less throat with a pithy dialogue:

Durbar: If God Vishnu offers to bless you with either intelligence or money, what will you choose?
    Bardur: Of course I will choose intelligence.
    Durbar: No wonder. Everybody chooses what he lacks. So I'll choose money.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    Am I the only one that cannot log on to the game right now?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Am I the only one that cannot log on to the game right now?
    Yes. Just you!!  LOL!!!  JOKING, several servers seem to be down.
  • What's new? New event starts on a weekend (Advent Calendar) and the system crashes (yet again). If ppl can't log in for at least a day and they have paid for subscriptions, either individual or coop? I hope GGS are working out a compensation for that one. It's against the law here to charge for a service and not provide it or suitable compensation. I am guessing that it's also illegal in Germany and the EU. Better pay your techs overtime and get them in this weekend GGS
Sign In to comment.