Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Players' behaviour on chat...what is GGS policy and consequences for this??

GOO (SKN1)GOO (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 240
I am wondering what is GGS policy for this kind of writing on chat..Some players seem to think they can write what ever they like on a coop chat..it is not so, think if someone would come to you on a street and use this kind of language...not acceptable in any way..

This game should be fun..not full of insults.. :(

The moderator removed also the edited no names picture for the second and the third time..so now people cannot see what are we discussing about...The insult contained a wish from another player for me to die and eat feces..in a very vulgar way

Edit:  Removed picture of coop chat since it contains names of other players.   || Rowdy
Edit 2:   I am removing this screen shot for the 3rd time.  Please let this be the final time.  ||  Rowdy
Post edited by GOO (SKN1) on

Comments

• BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    edited 22.10.2018
    I dont think we need rules for behavior in coop-chat ... if deputi's dont like it talk to leader, if leader dont like it kick member out. In case leader accept that kind of language then you have 2 option ... either dont use chat or find another coop.

If its serious personal insults then i would send screenshott to moderator direct.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I am wondering what is GGS policy for this kind of writing on chat..Some players seem to think they can write what ever they like on a coop chat..it is not so, think if someone would come to you on a street and use this kind of language...not acceptable in any way..

The leader can easily remove anyone whose language is deemed unacceptable. It's up to each coop to decide what flies and what doesn't.
  • Summer (SKN1)Summer (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 844
    If the leader accepts insulting language or the person(s) issueing out insults doesn´t stop when being warned, then I would send a screenshot to Support. Nobody wants a co-member like that so hopefully Support can get him/her to understand and stop. Or eventually ban that person.

Best wishes GOO :)

If the leader accepts insulting language or the person(s) issueing out insults doesn´t stop when being warned, then I would send a screenshot to Support. Nobody wants a co-member like that so hopefully Support can get him/her to understand and stop. Or eventually ban that person.

Best wishes GOO :)

Support won't do anything about it. I reported someone whose behavior in chat was so outlandish, vulgar, and sexually harassing, I took screen shots and sent them to support with detailed information. (And, yes, I booted the player.) Boiler plate response that they would look into it and would be providing no further information to me regarding the matter. A year later, the player is still here. (Must be a gold buyer -- LOL!)

• RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250

To be fair, it is not really an issue for Support.
    They cannot monitor every chat and respond to every comment that may or may not give offense to individual players.

I know of coops that are "Adults Only" - goodness alone knows what goes on in there and yet, it is their prerogative to decide how they would like to style their cooperative and how they feel comfortable with it.
    This could extend to all kinds of things, such as politics, religion, etc, and not just bad language. One guy's "vulgar" is sometimes the height of humour for 3 other guys - each to his own.   

I, for one, would not be happy if the "Support Police"   :D  were to come in and tell me what may or may not be discussed in my coop chat.
    The leader decides what goes in his cooperative and what does not, and players should seek out a coop that is a best fit for them.

• GOO (SKN1)GOO (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 240
    edited 23.10.2018
    GGS is responsible for monitoring a chat they run.

For me the player's comment " ******* " is a serious personal insult, that is not humour of any kind. According to my country laws this is close to a defamation, cannot see why GGS would ever encourage players to use such a language..or accept this kind of behaviour..tells a lot of your company if you do.

The player that insulted me is a gold buyer and the second hand of the leader of the coop..I ended up to be the player removed from the coop, because some feel I create bad atmosphere there..I think the player using this kind of language should be banned from the game.

GGS has rules how players should treat other players and what is accepted and what is not..The moderator could also read those rules..The leader of a coop cannot decide to accept offending language..no one has such a right to insult or offend other people in game or outside world.

Edit:  Removed offensive language per forum guidelines    ||  Rowdy
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
    edited 22.10.2018
    Where i come from thats certainly not a serious personal insult. Its a common expression from some1 who cannt argue and therefore turns to using standard expression in the hope of upsetting some1.

Ignore the person ... not worth spending time on.

Unless receiver of the message fells threaten but in that case it a matter for the police.

Somehow it look like this thread are spinning out of control.

RowdyRac said:

To be fair, it is not really an issue for Support.
    They cannot monitor every chat and respond to every comment that may or may not give offense to individual players.

I know of coops that are "Adults Only" - goodness alone knows what goes on in there and yet, it is their prerogative to decide how they would like to style their cooperative and how they feel comfortable with it.
    This could extend to all kinds of things, such as politics, religion, etc, and not just bad language. One guy's "vulgar" is sometimes the height of humour for 3 other guys - each to his own.   

I, for one, would not be happy if the "Support Police"   :D  were to come in and tell me what may or may not be discussed in my coop chat.
    The leader decides what goes in his cooperative and what does not, and players should seek out a coop that is a best fit for them.

I took it to the mods first because the player was abusive and sexually harassing players. THEY told me to report all such incidences to support. So I did.
    I have reported the player to the support, it was the first thing I did. Haven' t checked now, but by the time I started the thread there was no answer..
    Give them a chance to answer ... at least 24-48 hours ... please.
    It was last Friday afternoon I did the report, hoping to get an answer there
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    24 to 48 business days... weekends don't count,  they close up  shop!! ;)
    omg ... look like support are sleeping.

But i dont think there will happen anything because the kind of language in games are the same you can find in public places. 
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I agree with rowdy 100% on this.  It's not a support thing.  Leaders can boot bad players.  Anyone can block a player and you never have to read anything from that person again.
    Some people are insulted WAY too easy and others may think something is funny.   There is no way any chat police would work for everyone.   As it is, their chat filters are ridiculous.  Perfectly innocent words are blocked sometimes with no clue WHAT is being blocked.  And if you want to cuss, there's no shortage of ways around filtered chat words. 

Folks, words on a chat game are meaningless.  Delete, boot, block, end of problem.  Let support work on the endless game issues.  Not this.
    It sure is a support thing ... that doesnt mean they have to monitor every chat or make more adds-on so it almost impossible to write a PM or message in chat. 

And a moderator should know better than making fun when some1 has that kind of problem, and only mention what a player can do to avoid being exposed to that kind of behavior. 

edited 23.10.2018
    I had already banned that player's PMs, and asked to stop..still the player continued to offend me on chat without any reason..when written in chat everyone can see that and like I said the player is the coop leader's second hand..so not much support coming from the leader... eventually the leader removed me from that (   ) coop. I think that wasn't the right thing to do or fair at all after those incidents...

Many people do not realize nowadays that things we write on game chat, Facebook or other social media are public and you cannot write anything you want there..offending, abusing, racist language has concequences, some are even criminal matters..

Offending and insulting people has nothing to do with humour.. I think this is definately a matter of the support, cooperative leaders are just game players like we all..

Edit:  Name of cooperative removed on request  ||  Rowdy
    Post edited by RowdyRac (FormerMod) on
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    The data written on a chat is not public. It can be seen only by coop members. 

And there is over 2500 coops only on INT server! This means 2500 chats. You are probably not expecting GGS to follow that many chats!!!

On other hand, coop leader and even ordinary coop members can easily do something about it. Coop leader can boot the player (if he wishes, of course) and members can clear chat by typing some character (e. q. 1) followed by "enter" repeatedly, to push the writen text out from the buffer. Namely, the chat has a definite lenght (buffer). Text that leaves that buffer is lost forever. 

So, chat does not work like Facebook in these two aspects:  is not public and data are not saved. It is more like a converstion in a closed room filled with different people. So, do not worry. Nobody except the coop members saw it. Just find a better and nicer coop for yourself. There are many out there and you will certainly find one that will suit you. Best luck.
    Everything we share with other people becomes public after sharing to them, even in a chat area meant only for specific people's eyes, it is no longer private after you write your message on chat area.
    Insults are therefore shared to these people's eyes..it is no longer private after that. And the player insulting or course knows this but probably doesn't understand.

This goes for everything we share with other people, just writing an email to another person and insulting or abusing there is no longer private after sending message and sharing it with the receiver. Same goes with conversation with another person..no one has right to insult or harass others face to face either...
    Everything we share with other people becomes public after sharing to them, even in a chat area meant only for specific people's eyes, it is no longer private after you write your message on chat area.
    Insults are therefore shared to these people's eyes..it is no longer private after that. And the player insulting or course knows this but probably doesn't understand.

This goes for everything we share with other people, just writing an email to another person and insulting or abusing there is no longer private after sending message and sharing it with the receiver. Same goes with conversation with another person..no one has right to insult or harass others face to face either...
    You've gotten a lot of good advise, so I'll repeat it. Contact your coop leader about the problem. If s/he won't do anything about it, it's in your best interests to leave the coop. Sadly, it's your only option. But you will eventually find a nice coop, I'm sure of it.
    I wish to point your attention to this:

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/184259/community-guidelines-2018

Yes, it is Forum guidelines issued by GGS who owns Bigfarm. Which again means that it applies to Bigfarm. It states clearly that foul language/behavior is not acceptable. Also that foul language/behavior is to be reported so it can be taken care of by proper authorities.

There is no excuse.

Cheers :smile:
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    I had already banned that player's PMs, and asked to stop..still the player continued to offend me on chat without any reason..when written in chat everyone can see that and like I said the player is the coop leader's second hand..so not much support coming from the leader... eventually the leader removed me from that (   ) coop. I think that wasn't the right thing to do or fair at all after those incidents...

I understand why you might think it unfair, the other player had been offensive to you after all. But being removed from that coop is probably the right thing for you in the end.  Find another coop that treats their players better. There are lots of coops and plenty of leaders that do not tolerate bad language/behavior. It is just not worth having to deal with that behavior in a game environment. Have fun!
    edited 23.10.2018

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/184259/community-guidelines-2018

Yes, it is Forum guidelines issued by GGS who owns Bigfarm. Which again means that it applies to Bigfarm. It states clearly that foul language/behavior is not acceptable. Also that foul language/behavior is to be reported so it can be taken care of by proper authorities.

There is no excuse.

GSS could point out these are Forum guidelines, not chat. Regardless, if action won't be taken by GGS, and it wasn't in my case, the guidelines  really don't matter. :(
    The best comment so far :))

Summer (SKN1) said:

There is no excuse.

• SuzyQ22 (US1)SuzyQ22 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,475
    We had a person threatening us to cut our heads off and many other awful things were said and posted directly to me and a couple of other ladies in a coop.  That person was reported to GGS and said person is still playing the game.  How do I know this?   Because the idiot messaged me and wanted me to join his coop about 6 or 8 months after his extreme abusive language and treatment of an entire coop, and his direct threats to me and talk of my personal lady parts.  You can bet your britches he got a very nice message back (NOT).  I ended it with he would be forever known as the vile disgusting individual he was.  I then blocked him.    Obviously GGS doesn't give a hoot about what players do to others in coops. 

Edit:  Removed picture of coop chat since it contains names of other players.   || Rowdy
    Edit 2:   I am removing this screen shot for the 3rd time.  Please let this be the final time.  ||  Rowdy

A question to Rowdy. To my knowledge the screenshot was edited so there were no names, only what was said. May I ask for the reason for it being removed and not accepted?

Cheers :) 
  • RowdyRac (FormerMod)RowdyRac (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 1,250
    The screen shot contained the very words that offended the original poster: words  described as "unacceptable", "a serious personal insult", "close to a defamation".

I deemed it inappropriate to  keep them here on the forum, where they will be visible to anyone for as long as the forum exists. 

If you have any further questions about moderation, please feel free to contact one of the moderation staff in a PM  :)

Well I do not have a question at the moment so guess it is OK to add the fact that what you removed was an important part of GOOs inquiry, proof if you may. And no harm done since the names were erased. I have seen similar that were never removed.

Cheers
    edited 24.10.2018
    Well I do not have a question at the moment so guess it is OK to add the fact that what you removed was an important part of GOOs inquiry, proof if you may. And no harm done since the names were erased. I have seen similar that were never removed.

Cheers
    Couldn't agree more with Summer. How can people comment on something what they can't see. The picture is the proof of what happened. And me -the offended person- the one who put it there, so can't see any harm now when the picture was edited so that other players' names were removed.. and that was the moderator's first argument for removing the original picture.

And it definitely is not the offended person's shame to show what happened..and raise questions about the subject..it is the player's shame who uses such language and insults..

Can moderator answer about GGS consequences concerning this issue on a general level?

Post edited by GOO (SKN1) on
  • Maybee the best  , but only if you dont read it properly . It sayes guidelines in FORUM .Not in private chat where only coop members can see the chat .In private chat the leader decides . The courtroom will get to much work if those word you wrote offends , because its a common expression in us .We hear it in movies , on the street all the time . My advice is to come along vith your life and forget it . Find a coop that you like . I would never be in a coop vith chatpolice .Thats why i play alone . I have found a very funny video about politically correctness , maybe you can laugh instead then . Have a good life . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceS_jkKjIgo&start_radio=1&list=RDceS_jkKjIgo&t=2.
     GOO (SKN1) said:
    The best comment so far :))

Summer (SKN1) said:

There is no excuse.

• Maybee the best comment  , BUT  only if you dont read it properly . It sayes guidelines in FORUM .Not in private chat where only coop members can see the chat .In private chat the leader decides . The courtroom will get to much work if those word you wrote offends , because its a common expression in us .We hear it in movies , on the street all the time . My advice is to come along vith your life and forget it . Find a coop that you like . I would never be in a coop vith chatpolice .Thats why i play alone . I have found a very funny video about politically correctness , maybe you can laugh instead then . Have a good life . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceS_jkKjIgo&start_radio=1&list=RDceS_jkKjIgo&t=2.
This discussion has been closed.