Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Info Blast! - Subscriptions and what to expect

Hi Big Farmers!

So you are all very interested in the contents of the subscription packs and there has been plenty of chatter and lots of theories as to what they will contain. We would like to shed some more light on this topic and let you know what you can look forward when you buy one of our packs!

Two packs will be initially available and we have filled them with some great things at a great value, with pack one being most beneficial for your own player account and the other benefiting your entire Cooperative, no matter the size! Each pack can be purchased from in the game and will recur every month that they are active. Don’t want the subscription for that month? Easy! You can cancel any time you like and then start it up again any time you like! There is no pressure and we will clearly display in-game when you are subscribed and when you have not yet bought your subscription pack.

Now, the contents! The single player pack–known as the Convenience pack–offers you the chance to use our all new convenience features at a really great value! If you use these features a lot then this is the pack for you. You will have unlimited use of both the Harvest-All and Repeat-Harvest panels while your subscription is active, saving you a heck of a lot of gold and allowing you to spend a little more time on the things you love about Big Farm. Players with the subscription will of course still have to use these features manually by clicking on them and they will not automatically activate.

Next up is the Co-op pack, a really great package that gets better and better! Why, you ask? Because for each member of your Co-op that subscribes to it the bonuses will increase! But don’t worry, even if you’re an army of one you can always set up your own co-op just for you so that you too can benefit from the bonuses in the pack. Every item in the pack either boosts your outcomes, lowers times or adds products to contracts for you (much like Lester’s Secret Stash). Only one member needs the subscription to get these bonuses but the more of you there are who decide to subscribe, the more benefits you will receive! Whether your members are gold buyers or not, if they’re in your Co-op and you have subscribed, everyone gets bonuses! And all the better if more of your members subscribe and help the whole team raise the bonuses to ever greater heights!

That’s all well and good, I hear you say, but what bonuses will be in the pack? Well, here’s some examples to tide you over until we reveal the full and complete contents of this awesome bonus pack!

• XP boost for regular productions - Got a few younger members? Or maybe you’ve just started a co-op? Grab the XP booster to help them achieve their potential.

• Reduced researcher costs - Researchers can be costly, but with this perk you can reduce the cost of them for your whole Co-op.

• Contract filler - You have Lester’s Stash, but with this bonus you can start every contract with some of the products already donated.

• Reduced material cost for village upgrades - The village upgrades require the whole Co-op to band together, but it can be that much easier with this material cost reduction.

All of the contents will follow along similar lines with boosters, time reductions and production increases, but don’t forget! Every one of these perks increases when a co-op has more members who are also subscribed! Every… single… one!

But how much does all of this cost? I’m glad you asked. The Convenience pack will cost €4.99 per month and the Co-op pack €9.99 per month! That’s some really great value, and it’s totally flexible. Buy one, buy both, take a break and resubscribe, it’s up to you!

The subscriptions will be hitting the farm next month, so until then hold onto your hats and happy farming

You can post your thoughts/questions below!

Comments

• Pameow (AU1)Pameow (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266

I don't think it is fair that players can pay to have their buildings repeat harvest whilst they are off line.

If the seven hour milk harvests itself whist the player is asleep then it is automated harvesting, .It doesn't matter that the player has to click on the repeat harvester to make it happen later on, after they go off line The same holds for long crops such as wheat and orchards. The subscribing player gets more hours producing the milk and crops than the player who is invited to play for free. This is changing the rules.

I am really angry about this after being here for 5 years. This ceases to be pay to win, it  becomes pay to annihilate.

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    $4.99 for single user pack sounds very reasonable but what is it in NZ dollars? I see all our gold prices are given in fixed NZ dollars which is great because we aren't affected by exchange rate fluctuations so I assume it will be a fixed price for this too.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Even thought the Convenience pack is cheap enough every month where I would consider it, I must agree with @FarmerCli (US1). I am not interested in the auto harvest things, they seem like more work in the long run.

The 
    Convenience pack should have some needed seaweed supplies and at least 1 GML.
    The 
    Co-op pack pack should have some needed rare collectables and sparkles.
  • It's a rigged system even on the "special packs". Shame. I stay mad all the time and it should be fun. I tell everyone I invite they say it's free but if you want to compete it'll cost an arm and a leg. IMO.
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • Brian22 (GB1)Brian22 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 23
    Have your monthly revenues dropped so much, that you are now impersonating Robin Hood and robbing from the rich (or those customers who once had money) to fund new vehicles or homes for you and your spouses?

I fully understand that you are running a business, one that by all assumptions has been a virtual chicken who lays the golden eggs for you. But, ticking your customers off is the one guaranteed way to offend and drive away customers in a mass exodus.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    Well, let's see.

I sometimes use the repeat harvester overnight (when I'm sleeping) so that I get some extra product in for a contract, but I hardly ever use it when I'm actually playing.  Still, unlimited use for $5 a month (or is that 5GPB going to convert to $6.50USD?) makes it tempting. 

And I *never* use Harvest-All, because that's death for missions and event.. Oh no, an Egg mission and I just harvest-all'd my Duck Coops! or I collect the last map piece and now I've got to collect 15,000 milk, but oh no, I just harvest-all'd my cowsheds! GACK!  So no, I don't care much about that one. It's too dangerous. I keep it hidden. :)

You want to give me a convenience feature I'd use? Make my Deep Sea Fishing boats autoload equipment. LOL. Loading 14 boats and sending them out (even with the Shift+Click feature) is still a PITA. :)

As far as the Co-Op subscription goes, I don't see anything in there that would make it worthwhile for a small, fully researched Co-Op. Cheaper research? All our research is already done.  Cheaper Upgrades in the Village? All our important buildings are already level 30 or higher, we're not upgrading any more. XP Booster and Contract Filler could be ok, but that's only 2 of the 4 boosts that could possibly be useful, and those 2 aren't going to be worth $10/month (IMO). You want me to buy the Co-Op subscription? Give the Co-Op something like 2-3  "Steveless" upgrades once a month for every subscription purchased. Waiting around for that guy is still my biggest gripe of the game. :)

And for all that's holy, please make an option to buy a personal subscription as a gift for someone else.  There are several members of my Co-Op that I would love to buy a month for (like for a Christmas present).

edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • My first opinion, even as a none gold buyer, if my conversion is correct at AU$8 per month, I will be getting it every month.  I will wait and see after I buy my 1st month and give final opinion.  To me it seems great value.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 18.10.2018
    I probably am in the minority, but re:FarmerCli's suggestion, I wouldn't buy a subscription if it included construction tokens unless the format was changed so that they could be activated when the player wants (and not automatically be spent on any build/demo,) and if the tokens would accrue without a limit. Every time I turn around I've got my 50 and always at the worst possible time -- when I want to demo a boat, or put down a deco, or need Steve for a long-term build. A few times they've been helpful, but mostly a PITA for me in terms of wrecking any kind of leveling up strategy.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 18.10.2018
    1 question I do have, if doing repeat harvest or turbo harvest and you are doing an event that has donate an item, does the auto harvest send there or will it sell it?  @WascallyWabbit @CM_Hunter

I think most would agree if doing event 1st thing it should do it donate to event if that is the task you are on
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    edited 18.10.2018
    1 question I do have, if doing repeat harvest or turbo harvest and you are doing an event that has donate an item, does the auto harvest send there or will it sell it?  @WascallyWabbit @CM_Hunter

I think most would agree if doing event 1st thing it should do it donate to event if that is the task you are on
    @Byron Longford (AU1)

No Byron, it goes to your barn first; you can then donate from your barn.  If your barn is full, then it goes to a (random) contract in the Organic Market. If there are no contracts that require that item, they get sold for straight farm cash.

I doubt they would add events, as a lot of people ignore them; finding their product being donated to an event they're ignoring probably wouldn't make them very happy. :)

{Edit: Oh, that brings up an interesting question.. What happens if it automatically donates to a time-limited contract? I'll have to test that next time I get one.)
    edited 18.10.2018
    @Southern (US1) with event there is no event that 1st stage is donate, so if you are ignoring you would never get to stage where it ask to donate so then that would not be a problem.  Also if you are ignoring you would probably not have even started event
    edited 18.10.2018
    I probably am in the minority, but re:FarmerCli's suggestion, I wouldn't buy a subscription if it included construction tokens unless the format was changed so that they could be activated when the player wants (and not automatically be spent on any build/demo,) and if the tokens would accrue without a limit. Every time I turn around I've got my 50 and always at the worst possible time -- when I want to demo a boat, or put down a deco, or need Steve for a long-term build. A few times they've been helpful, but mostly a PITA for me in terms of wrecking any kind of leveling up strategy.
    Well, @artful (US1), I understand, but if we also had the special building storage capability, then we would not need to demolish in order to build what we really wanted to build, we could strategize the use of the one-time construction slot so that we did not waste its use on demolishing stuff until the right time.
    I was referring to the fact that we have to hold off on things that needed doing simply so as not to waste the coins. For example, I had to hold off putting out a new trawler because I didn't want to waste my build slot on demolishing a skipjack. Another time,  I've had to postpone clearing land. The right time to do things come, but often have to be put on hold because of those coins.  In the meantime, new coins are lost to us because we've already hit 50. They seem to work best for low-level players the most. High-level players who have mostly built up everything don't have to worry if Steve is around or if the slots get used on something relatively small. It's the mid-level players who can't always take advantage, if all the past posts are anything to go by.

I was merely stating that I wouldn't pay for a subscription if the coins were included. (Besides, they seem to come fast and furiously from CCs and other events.) I didn't say you didn't find them useful.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
    @Southern (US1) with event there is no event that 1st stage is donate, so if you are ignoring you would never get to stage where it ask to donate so then that would not be a problem.  Also if you are ignoring you would probably not have even started event
    Keep in mind, most events you don't have to "start." If you harvest something called for in the Village Fair, for example, you are "participating" whether you want to or not.
  • @artful (US1) that makes no difference at all, I am talking about the donating to, you never donate anything for village fair.  Events where you have to donate are like camping, fairy tale etc. with these if they are harvesting while away and you are doing them, you would want it to be donated to your event, not sold otherwise there is no use using them when doing these events
    @artful (US1) that makes no difference at all, I am talking about the donating to, you never donate anything for village fair.  Events where you have to donate are like camping, fairy tale etc. with these if they are harvesting while away and you are doing them, you would want it to be donated to your event, not sold otherwise there is no use using them when doing these events
    Of course. You're exactly right, Byron (Welcome back, BTW!)

• Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
     It is more or less a really rich people game, the poor farmers have here today or tomorrow to find nothing more, Or we get a Division,, a competition for the rich farmers and a competition for the poor farmers.
     Many events are presently not win more by the poor farmers.
     I see it after 6 years  play, maybe very black and white, but not everyone has money to bet for what was once a fun game...
  • Southern (US1) said:
    No Byron, it goes to your barn first; you can then donate from your barn.  If your barn is full, then it goes to a (random) contract in the Organic Market. If there are no contracts that require that item, they get sold for straight farm cash.

I doubt they would add events, as a lot of people ignore them; finding their product being donated to an event they're ignoring probably wouldn't make them very happy. :)

{Edit: Oh, that brings up an interesting question.. What happens if it automatically donates to a time-limited contract? I'll have to test that next time I get one.)
    @Southern (US1) It should go to the contracts in order, from top left to bottom right & ignore Limited contracts.

@artful (US1) that makes no difference at all, I am talking about the donating to, you never donate anything for village fair.  Events where you have to donate are like camping, fairy tale etc. with these if they are harvesting while away and you are doing them, you would want it to be donated to your event, not sold otherwise there is no use using them when doing these events
    @Byron Longford (AU1) We can ask if it would be feasible, but wouldn't it need to check each time for every task of every event? Personally I would like it to check the bakery.
    edited 18.10.2018
    @WascallyWabbit if doing Hawaiian stage 3 is donate milk, fairy tale task 3 donate wild flowers, stage 5 is donate apples, here's to nature stage 2 is donate apples stage 4 is donate eggs and corn, Asia and UFO has none.  I said earlier I would be interested in buying the subscription, then worked out that probably not going to help with the events I would need it for.

Also yes you are correct it should also look at filling bakery, it should be before market I would think., if they want players to buy these subs, they are things they should look at as no use to most if their bakeries run empty as they are using repeat harvest and turbo harvest all the time as it is free
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • You want to give me a convenience feature I'd use? Make my Deep Sea Fishing boats autoload equipment. LOL. Loading 14 boats and sending them out (even with the Shift+Click feature) is still a PITA. :)
    And for all that's holy, please make an option to buy a personal subscription as a gift for someone else.  There are several members of my Co-Op that I would love to buy a month for (like for a Christmas present).

Two of the best suggestions I've seen so far.  Love them.  Also, the steveless upgrades would be a win.  

The people that complain that the paying people will have an advantage... well, yes, a bit.  But is not as much as you might think.  Even with the repeat planting, which is the feature I'll be using the most, the gain is not that much, but it provides with a needed relief.  I get tired of planting and replanting, THAT alone makes me want to leave the game, its like a second job.  Not fun.  The auto planting, helps me out with it and allows me to compete otherwise, I could not. 
    I will gladly pay $5 per month for it, hoping that they include some of the suggestions I quoted above. 
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    I said earlier I would be interested in buying the subscription, then worked out that probably not going to help with the events I would need it for.
    Would love to hear what would make them more useful for you. It's possible we'll add additional packs or change around the available items and boosts in the packs based on feedback. We'd like to see how it goes with the packs we initially designed but if there's a way we can make them more helpful for you and the events you enjoy we'd be happy to hear it!

You want to give me a convenience feature I'd use? Make my Deep Sea Fishing boats autoload equipment. LOL. Loading 14 boats and sending them out (even with the Shift+Click feature) is still a PITA. :)

Some nice ideas! I can certainly float these by the team. As said above we will probably see how the initial packs go and then gather some feedback but it's already nice to know what kind of things you guys might like to see. I don't know how simple the gifting idea would be in the current setup but as I said, I'll float it by our tech guys and they can let me know if it's feasible ;)
  • So, if say a co-op has 10 members and 7 of them buy a pack and 3 don't subscribe. First of all, the 3 non-subscribers are going to feel pressured 'all the others do, so I am letting the side down' and they could soon be seen as a weak link if the subscriptions mean they are out-performed simply by not buying the subscription.  I'm lucky - am in a fantastic co-op where that wouldn't happen, but no doubt others are not as fortunate.  Dont like this idea one bit and think it creates even more of an 'us and them' situation. 

As for the personal subscriptions - I dont know how many players use the harvest all thing - I most certainly dont and cant for the life of me see one good reason why anyone would!  But if someone out there uses it, good for them.  I do use the repeat harvester sometimes, for wildflowers etc when I can be doing the rest of the farms, fishing or whatever, but dont know whether I use it often enough to make a subscription worthwhile.  Include some special seeds, feeds, love the steve-less upgrades idea, a gml or two, and it may (big may there!) be worth it.
  • CM_HunterCM_Hunter Posts: 448
    So, if say a co-op has 10 members and 7 of them buy a pack and 3 don't subscribe. First of all, the 3 non-subscribers are going to feel pressured 'all the others do, so I am letting the side down' and they could soon be seen as a weak link if the subscriptions mean they are out-performed simply by not buying the subscription.  I'm lucky - am in a fantastic co-op where that wouldn't happen, but no doubt others are not as fortunate.  Dont like this idea one bit and think it creates even more of an 'us and them' situation. 

As for the personal subscriptions - I dont know how many players use the harvest all thing - I most certainly dont and cant for the life of me see one good reason why anyone would!  But if someone out there uses it, good for them.  I do use the repeat harvester sometimes, for wildflowers etc when I can be doing the rest of the farms, fishing or whatever, but dont know whether I use it often enough to make a subscription worthwhile.  Include some special seeds, feeds, love the steve-less upgrades idea, a gml or two, and it may (big may there!) be worth it.
    It's down to the co-op leader in the end, and the way they run their co-op is up to them. If that's the approach they choose to take they can do so but I don't think this is the case for most co-ops. In my experience many co-ops are fairly easy going in this regard and those who prefer a more regimented and 'equal' approach in terms of donations and co-op effort may take this approach, but then it's nothing different for those co-ops. I don't think the more easy-going groups (such as yours seems to be based on your description) will have big changes in the way things are run, but now they get a bit of a bonus for those who choose to buy the subscription.

In regard to the single player pack, this is just the start! We may add more packs, change the items around and so on. Thanks for providing us with some insights into what would suit you better, I'll make a note of it and talk about these ideas as possible extensions or changes in the future!
  • Idea. Water all coop trees should be included in the individual auto play package, I mean Convenience package.

I didn't like the idea of Harvest All when introduced and completely dislike the Repeat Harvester. Now for a very small fee people will be able to run a full days worth of farming in a few clicks. I'm confused at the balance there, but I admit I'm not the one making the rules.
    Idea. Water all coop trees should be included in the individual auto play package, I mean Convenience package.

I didn't like the idea of Harvest All when introduced and completely dislike the Repeat Harvester. Now for a very small fee people will be able to run a full days worth of farming in a few clicks. I'm confused at the balance there, but I admit I'm not the one making the rules.
    I LOVE that idea. That alone would save me ~2 minutes a day and about 100 mouse clicks.
  • TMKC (IN1)TMKC (IN1) IN1 Posts: 939
    edited 18.10.2018
    I would pay 20 $ a month just for auto load 14 boats at once ...... 

Maybe, make this feature available ...

co-op pack sounds nice ....

Maybe give me complete auto farming pack for 100 $ a month .... where i have to do nothing at all ... all my farm automated ... :wink:
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 18.10.2018
    The only negative that I can see right now is with the cooperative subscription. The leaders of higher ranked coops might make the co-op subscription mandatory for it's members in order to stay in competition with the other top coops. Since you'll be able to see who is subscribing or not, that puts pressure on the members to subscribe. I would never subject my members to such a guilt trip.  :)
Sign In to comment.