Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Are the horses important?

I have a question, to train the horses i need a lot of horseshoes, and the way to gain horseshoes are temp islands, but the islands cost way way WAY too much money to the point that i don't even want to do them anymore. So seriously are the horses THAT important to spend so much on? are they even worth it? Please suggestions, should i continue to spend everything i have on the islands or should i use that time and money to upgrade other farms

Comments

• rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 06.10.2018
    I personally ignore the horses completely. I know many others who do too. And I know others who love the horses. Its a part of Big Farm you dont have to do if you dont want to. If you enjoy the horses then work them, if you dont then don't.

Enjoying the game is the important thing

As to the island events
     From CrazyBigFarm 

"The temporary farms are very expensive to build so there are a few things you should consider before you decide to try one...The first thing to consider is, do you like filling the captains orders for the ship? Once you start a temp farm the captain will always ask for island seeds whether you have them of not making it hard to continue filling the ship from that point on.Next are your 3 main farms established enough to maintain a steady income? If you're not higher than level 80 with a steady income of $4,000,000 a day I suggest that you pass on the temp farms. The least you could expect to spend on a temp farm is 80-100 million farm dollars. QUOTE: Uncle John (GB1) "For as little as $4,000,000 one can earn enough to keep the Ship minimum loaded with fruit."The last thing to note is, the temp farms only last 24 days. They involve steady game play for 24 days or your wasting your time and money. They don't make you any money in return, the only reason to run a temp farm is for decorations, horseshoes, houses and unique farm buildings."

Post edited by rhon (GB1) on
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I have a question, to train the horses i need a lot of horseshoes, and the way to gain horseshoes are temp islands, but the islands cost way way WAY too much money to the point that i don't even want to do them anymore. So seriously are the horses THAT important to spend so much on? are they even worth it? Please suggestions, should i continue to spend everything i have on the islands or should i use that time and money to upgrade other farms
    I personally enjoy training horses and the horse tournaments -- one of the few areas left where lower levels can win GMLs. Plus, I enjoy the decos and the skins. I don't do temporary farms. Just too stressful when they no longer run a full month and one right after the other, not to mention all the other things going on all the time.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I mostly win enough seeds to fill the ship by filling the Jetty.  I do some of the temp farms, but not full tilt on any of them.  I have dabbled in the horses, but don't fully understand it all yet. It really helps w/ the World Championship.  I got all the horse prizes on the last one.
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    I mostly win enough seeds to fill the ship by filling the Jetty.  I do some of the temp farms, but not full tilt on any of them.  I have dabbled in the horses, but don't fully understand it all yet. It really helps w/ the World Championship.  I got all the horse prizes on the last one.
    This. I haven't needed to buy seeds for over a year, Yarnacle gives me more than enough - but I only do the minimums for the boat. I know some people like to max it out with 10,000 fruits per trip (for thousands of horseshoes), they would need a lot more seeds than I do. :)

But I don't need them, so I use my temp farms just to buy WoF Tokens.  Pretty easy way to get 100-150 WoF Tokens per month. Or I'll buy Seaweed.

As far as the horses go, I do like the tournaments because it gets you a GML every month, along with special skins & decos, but I know a lot of people don't care about those. And quite honestly, it's a lot of "work" every month just to get a GML worth about 83¢. :)  If it weren't for the skins & decos, I probably wouldn't do the tournaments either.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 06.10.2018
    This. I haven't needed to buy seeds for over a year, Yarnacle gives me more than enough - but I only do the minimums for the boat. I know some people like to max it out with 10,000 fruits per trip (for thousands of horseshoes), they would need a lot more seeds than I do. :)

But I don't need them, so I use my temp farms just to buy WoF Tokens.  Pretty easy way to get 100-150 WoF Tokens per month. Or I'll buy Seaweed.

As far as the horses go, I do like the tournaments because it gets you a GML every month, along with special skins & decos, but I know a lot of people don't care about those. And quite honestly, it's a lot of "work" every month just to get a GML worth about 83¢. :)  If it weren't for the skins & decos, I probably wouldn't do the tournaments either.
    All true, but if you don't buy a lot of gold, 2,000 a month can add up. :)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I agree with the others.
    How much do you wish to win the GML ?
    The Jetty can supply enough Green house seeds to produce 12,000 horseshoes per day.
    Islands can cost as little as $4 - 7 million (and at this level will return 1 shell/rune for each dollar spent) and can supply seaweed products and other good stuff.
  • JesL (INT1)JesL (INT1) INT1 Posts: 9
    Thank you everyone for answering. It helps alot.  <3<3<3<3
  • bulubla (INT1)bulubla (INT1) INT1 Posts: 99
    I can't remember the last time I brought Greenhouse seeds from the Temp, farm traders & anything I make out of the temp. farms is spent on WoF tokens & seaweed humus, I get all my Greenhouse seeds from the Co-Op village boat.
    The horse farm is the only place that I know I'll get a GML, this my only way to get Gold other then buying it.
    It works for me!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file